Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

get that OUT of my face posted:

he said that the Green Party matches with his values more than the Dems but i'm not sure if he's just saying that

one thing that people forget about Cumbo: she doesn't like Jews and Asians. i'd hate her even if i didn't think she was being completely insincere about the armory

Was it specifically "jews and asians" that she didn't like, or was it the AIPAC and some Chinese PAC she didn't like? Or maybe the insular Asian and Jewish landlord's she had harsh words for? Because all of the above are pieces of poo poo who you shouldn't shield with accusations of racism even if she wasn't specific enough in her condemnations. There is a huge, politically significant difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Was it specifically "jews and asians" that she didn't like, or was it the AIPAC and some Chinese PAC she didn't like? Or maybe the insular Asian and Jewish landlord's she had harsh words for? Because all of the above are pieces of poo poo who you shouldn't shield with accusations of racism even if she wasn't specific enough in her condemnations. There is a huge, politically significant difference.

Okay, so first of all, "Jewish landlords" aren't special and different or worse than any other landlords. So yeah, calling that out is pretty loving vile, and you shouldn't need to resort to racism to condemn them and trying to shield racists with progressive economics because they were too specific in their condemnations is bad.

Also, in her case specifically, you can google ""Laurie Cumbo" "Knockout Game"" to see just how off the deep end she is.

As for Asians, it's the opposite of the landlord class - instead she's publicly mused about "why are there so many Asians in public housing - and all in the same blocks!!?!?!???"

Chevy Slyme has issued a correction as of 05:36 on Sep 7, 2017

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

CaptainPsyko posted:

Okay, so first of all, "Jewish landlords" aren't special and different or worse than any other landlords. So yeah, calling that out is pretty loving vile, and you shouldn't need to resort to racism to condemn them and trying to shield racists with progressive economics because they were too specific in their condemnations is bad.

Also, in her case specifically, you can google ""Laurie Cumbo" "Knockout Game"" to see just how off the deep end she is.

As for Asians, it's the opposite of the landlord class - instead she's publicly mused about "why are there so many Asians in public housing - and all in the same blocks!!?!?!???"

I get it, "not all landlords." Thanks for the mild-take.

As far as Laurie Cumbo, I don't know what her position is, maybe she uses (((parenthesis))) in her twitter handle, but maybe she gets painted with the anti-Semitic brush because she didn't take a strong enough stand against the BDS (or worse maybe she actually supports it! :ohdear: ). Maybe she is one of those self-loathing racists for saying that knocking people out randomly is bad. Sound bytes are dangerous because they lack context.

In fact just a cursory google search for the terms you have provided doesn't even give the original "outrage." It's all back-tracking and pearl-clutching about how she is "obviously" anti-semitic and racist, I'm done with that poo poo. Show me some actual bona fide racist policies that she, a black council-woman from Brooklyn supports, or stop throwing shade.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Nah. Definitely all landlords.

Just not all Jews you obtuse piece of poo poo.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

PowerCrazy posted:

. . . Jewish landlords . . .

CaptainPsyko posted:

Okay, so first of all, "Jewish landlords"

Oh looks like I already covered that and you agreed, so I guess your outrage was misplaced to begin with.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Golly, I don't know if Cumbo is an antisemite*, but you sure are invested in giving her cover just in case she might be!

*Her statements about Jews I found seem like part of her attempt to bridge existing divides in her constituency, rather than coming from any sense of malice.

E-Money
Nov 12, 2005

Got Out.
It's fun to go back and forth about whether or not she's racist but there are plenty of other reasons not to vote for her and vote for Fox or Brisport. Her platform is all about courting big money to come to our neighborhood without any concern for the fact that longtime residents are already struggling and being priced out of their neighborhoods. She's a gentrifier who seems to think her constituency is the neighborhood itself rather than the people who currently live there. All her policies are for the rich white people that are currently/are going to live here as she continues to let unchecked development displace all the longtime residents.

Here's literally what her loving campaign website's platform is on HOUSING:

Affordable Housing
Under Construction

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

E-Money posted:

It's fun to go back and forth about whether or not she's racist but there are plenty of other reasons not to vote for her and vote for Fox or Brisport. Her platform is all about courting big money to come to our neighborhood without any concern for the fact that longtime residents are already struggling and being priced out of their neighborhoods. She's a gentrifier who seems to think her constituency is the neighborhood itself rather than the people who currently live there. All her policies are for the rich white people that are currently/are going to live here as she continues to let unchecked development displace all the longtime residents.

Here's literally what her loving campaign website's platform is on HOUSING:

Affordable Housing
Under Construction

Hey if she's already got affordable housing under construction that's pretty drat good.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Hey if she's already got affordable housing under construction that's pretty drat good.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Mechafunkzilla posted:

heh

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Oh looks like I already covered that and you agreed, so I guess your outrage was misplaced to begin with.

You gotta be trying real hard to read what I said as agreement.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

tbf, jewish landlords on the gaza strip or west bank are exceptionally bad

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Rated PG-34 posted:

We're talking about New York City though, and also that framing is really working to shove a bad political actor into an anti Semitic trope. What's the benefit of doing that other than signaling your distaste for Jews? How about not loving going there, and just calling out the occupation and apartheid state for what it is? Is that somehow not bad enough?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Rated PG-34 posted:

you realize that there is far, far more to judaism than one country that many jews outside of there don't support everything they do, right?

her apology for her jewish landlords comment wasn't even that much of one

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

you realize that there is far, far more to judaism than one country that many jews outside of there don't support everything they do, right?

her apology for her jewish landlords comment wasn't even that much of one

so, #notalljews?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

What the gently caress dude

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

i was being glib, u smucks

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Rated PG-34 posted:

i was being glib, u smucks

https://twitter.com/dril/status/660644922744262656?lang=en

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

poor jared fogle just wanted to eat fresh

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

:crossarms:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i guess i have to spell it out because you're incredibly dense:

judaism =/= israel

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

i guess i have to spell it out because you're incredibly dense:

judaism =/= israel

look at this guy right here

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Rated PG-34 posted:

poor jared fogle just wanted to eat fresh

He actually lost all that weight by walking to multiple playgrounds in one day.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Edit wrong thread

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

etalian posted:

He actually lost all that weight by walking to multiple playgrounds in one day.

It turns out that the number of grams of fat in a 6" Black Forest Ham or Turkey Breast sub wasn't the only thing he preferred to be 6 or less

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

maybe the sandwiches made him that way.
did his lawyer try that?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the brooklyn dem machine has very high standards for judges

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sharptons daughter stole a cab drivers keys, threw them away and got physical with him when he complained?
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/ashley-sharpton-arrested-allegedly-attacking-cab-driver-article-1.3482542

Strange news day.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Real hurthling! posted:

Sharptons daughter stole a cab drivers keys, threw them away and got physical with him when he complained?
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/ashley-sharpton-arrested-allegedly-attacking-cab-driver-article-1.3482542

Strange news day.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

the brooklyn dem machine has very high standards for judges

I mean, do you know how state judges are selected in New York? Of all of modern politics this process is probably the most reminiscent of Tweed-type machine politics.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Ogmius815 posted:

I mean, do you know how state judges are selected in New York? Of all of modern politics this process is probably the most reminiscent of Tweed-type machine politics.
oh, i know. if anybody is in brooklyn, vote for the slate of anti-machine judges on the ballot this tuesday. this village voice article has a good rundown of the process and the guy challenging seddio

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Any last-minute Dem primary recommendations for Albany area primaries?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Real hurthling! posted:

Strange news day.

Child of privilege treating the working class like poo poo? Wow, who would have thought?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

Strange news day.

It always makes me lol how NYC cabs have a reminder please don't beat or murder your cab driver.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

never stop never forgetting

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Just noticed that The Daily News endorsed Cumbo lol

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

So is there a god run down on the Mayoral Candidates? I still reflexively defend DeBlasio but that's just because the republicans around me hate that he has mix raced kids

DickStatkus
Oct 25, 2006

KomradeX posted:

So is there a god run down on the Mayoral Candidates? I still reflexively defend DeBlasio but that's just because the republicans around me hate that he has mix raced kids

https://www.nyccfb.info/nyc-votes/v...ctionCycle=2017 This link has a video of each candidate kinda stating their platform.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

KomradeX posted:

I'll probably vote for Sal Albanese, but I'm not too upset with BdB, so when he inevitably wins, i'll be ok with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

KomradeX posted:

You could watch this debate from last week

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzIfDLHon-c

Albanese looks like he is holding his wenis behind the podium in this picture and Blas, as always, looks like a goofy rear end lurch