Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

this owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Either way, source?

https://butcherbilly.tumblr.com/

generally filled with strange fan arts

if you just want more song art the whole set is called 'Stephen King’s Stranger Love Songs.'

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Any Slime Rancher fan art? I'm not much of a gamer but wife convinced me to give a go and I've wasted about 8 hours since then

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://twitter.com/sattou0/status/905415732636160000

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I'm not sure I understand this guy's deal.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

cabbagepots is that you?

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

Low morale causes the golems to dance in panic.

a sexual elk posted:

Any Slime Rancher fan art? I'm not much of a gamer but wife convinced me to give a go and I've wasted about 8 hours since then

Here we go.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Oh my God I want a million of each :3:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
You know what's far more annoying than scrolling past a huge image dump? Trying to quote a specific pic from it. How about putting a number next to each image to make that easier? Works pretty well in the hellscape that is the politoons thread.
I love it!

e:
Except that the belt shouldn't be there anymore.
:goonsay:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

frankenfreak posted:

You know what's far more annoying than scrolling past a huge image dump? Trying to quote a specific pic from it. How about putting a number next to each image to make that easier? Works pretty well in the hellscape that is the politoons thread.

On the off chance that no one does this, maybe just open the pictures in another tab, quote them, and then copy the links over?

Just wanted to bring attention that this is a man so beloved by people that no one gave him poo poo despite the fact that he's squatting on a bollard and wearing crocs.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

RareAcumen posted:

Just wanted to bring attention that this is a man so beloved by people that no one gave him poo poo despite the fact that he's squatting on a bollard and wearing crocs.

On the contrary, this man is so beloved by people because he does things like squatting on bollards while wearing crocs.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

RareAcumen posted:

On the off chance that no one does this, maybe just open the pictures in another tab, quote them, and then copy the links over?

The man can literally do no wrong.

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained
I think the purest form of fanart is the OC's people make for the content they like. Someone likes the thing so much they want to add or be a part of that world. It's cute in a way.

With that, i bring you from the depths of Deviantart's pits: Hollow Knight OC's - because I honestly thought I wouldn't find any.

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

honestly, some of these are pretty good. some less. Some were so bad that I left them out. Spelunking for fanart is not good for people who like the source material :saddowns:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

If you don't like Undertale, put Invictus on ignore. For bonus points, stop posting about him.

I'm not going to punish him for posting fanart in the fanart thread when such a simple solution is available to you.

To add to this, the usual complaint of "but other people quote him!" doesn't even apply because in my experience they very rarely do. Though someone just did on this page I think lol

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Who wore it better?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
gently caress but that fried egg looks tasty.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

RareAcumen posted:

He's activated his stand, [UHF]. It allows him to remove the memory of an embarrassing event from anyone in the range of his audio attack.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

J.A.B.C. posted:

He's activated his stand, [UHF]. It allows him to remove the memory of an embarrassing event from anyone in the range of his audio attack.

Nah, [UHF] should have the power to take on the form and powers of another stand or person but over time the copy starts behaving weirder and weirder until the form is unrecognizable when it reverts.

Then it can evolve a new power where if the copy can defeat the original it becomes the defacto version and the original becomes warped or destroyed. (Amish Paradise, Eat it, The Saga Begins, etc).

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
[UHF] is essentially the good version of [Kidz Bop] that steals only 10% of another Stand's power.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Post more Weird Al fanart please, I'm at work and on the road so I can't unfortunately.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
the best part is the trash can.

I'm assuming there's a joke or pun here.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Solar Tornado posted:

With that, i bring you from the depths of Deviantart's pits: Hollow Knight OC's - because I honestly thought I wouldn't find any.

Not counting the couple of dozen Kickstarter backer OCs that show up in the game itself? Or do they stop being OCs by appearing in canon?

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

IMJack posted:

Not counting the couple of dozen Kickstarter backer OCs that show up in the game itself? Or do they stop being OCs by appearing in canon?

One of the guys that got a character in is actually like...this dude who pays artists, regularly, to commission his OC, to the point that he has a huge set of rules for when he honors you with his business. I think he put him one or two other games, too.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

a kitten posted:

Post more Weird Al fanart please, I'm at work and on the road so I can't unfortunately.

Your wish is my demand.

Edit:

Acebuckeye13 has a new favorite as of 19:07 on Sep 7, 2017

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

TenCentFang posted:

One of the guys that got a character in is actually like...this dude who pays artists, regularly, to commission his OC, to the point that he has a huge set of rules for when he honors you with his business. I think he put him one or two other games, too.

Is this the butter dragon or whatever that even Undertale was so ashamed of that they locked him away in a room that can only be accessed once a year?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Your wish is my demand.

Yay, thanks!

Also, here's a good Eraserhead from MHA

https://twitter.com/Nel_314/status/905571662732685312

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEXCELLENT

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Heath posted:

Is this the butter dragon or whatever that even Undertale was so ashamed of that they locked him away in a room that can only be accessed once a year?

No. And he actually requested his character be obscured, although it was still wildly inappropriate.

Glukeose
Jun 6, 2014

TenCentFang posted:

No. And he actually requested his character be obscured, although it was still wildly inappropriate.

Are you talking about the boomerang rear end in a top hat from Shovel Knight? The one that's a jarring weeb OC in an otherwise goofy game about knights?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Is it the guy who made the boomerang anime man in Shovel Knight

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Glukeose posted:

Are you talking about the boomerang rear end in a top hat from Shovel Knight? The one that's a jarring weeb OC in an otherwise goofy game about knights?

What was wrong with the boomerang man? He was a man who throws a boomerang.

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Glukeose posted:

Yeah! That's him. I thought he had a boomerang, but I wasn't sure. I've heard he's difficult to work with.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Reize. He has two boomerangs, and is pretty anime... though in the latest Shovel Knight campaign featuring specter knight, he's sort of re-characterized as an overenthusiastic kid trying to be what he thinks a hero looks like.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
That guy's making a game now

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Glagha posted:

What was wrong with the boomerang man? He was a man who throws a boomerang.
My understanding is that there's nothing wrong with the character--intense weeb-ness notwithstanding--but the creator is insufferable.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I just never thought he was any more out of place than the hat dude. Or the Baz.

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

IMJack posted:

that's actually a good question. I want to say that they do stop being OCs by being in the game, but then does the line between fan-characters and official ones begin and end when the creator is being paid to insert the self-inserts? It's a creational conundrum, is what it is.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Elfface posted:

Reize. He has two boomerangs, and is pretty anime... though in the latest Shovel Knight campaign featuring specter knight, he's sort of re-characterized as an overenthusiastic kid trying to be what he thinks a hero looks like.

It seemed really off-putting to me that they made a backer character so hugely important to the storyline. Especially when the other ones show up for like, two seconds then gently caress off forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

a kitten posted:

he starred officially as a pony in my little pony which i'm pretty sure is the ultimate nadir of fanart depictions of literally anyone

• Locked thread