Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
brothertim
Mar 6, 2013

Dilettante. posted:

I only started playing again recently and kept forgetting how to swim upwards, had some pretty close calls getting into a panic and almost drowning.

When i got back into playing, I had forgotten the swim controls and was doing the Humane Labs heist where you gotta swim out the tubes and almost drowned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle
These are all really good stories and are bringing a lot to the thread that it was sorely lacking.

More importantly, does this new update mean we can paint buzzards and the like in a beautiful mixture of hot pink and bright purple if we have a hangar and the upgrades?

Because that's not AS important as some goon having a physical reaction to their dumb character "almost" drowning, but it's important to me.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

These are all really good stories and are bringing a lot to the thread that it was sorely lacking.

More importantly, does this new update mean we can paint buzzards and the like in a beautiful mixture of hot pink and bright purple if we have a hangar and the upgrades?

Because that's not AS important as some goon having a physical reaction to their dumb character "almost" drowning, but it's important to me.

Yes.

I made a cargobarbie, it's hot pink with a white stripe and pretty much the best thing ever.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.
Motor Wars would be a fun mode if there was a reason to use anything except half-track + trailer.

Every other vehicle is useless in comparison. The weapons are double useless.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
A lot of the Pegasus planes only take one paint color which is pretty disappointing. I was hoping for some liveries for my Hydra, but alas no. The new planes are much better on that front but it was definitely some low effort poo poo for everything you've bought over the last 3 years.

Psion fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Sep 8, 2017

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Can you shut down an organization and sell off all its assets?

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

prefect posted:

I got all my stats up to 100 today. :smuggo:

(The secret to improving strength? Golf.)

Also, the spacebar is how you dive underwater. Learned that.

And there's a thing called "stealth mode". Who knew? (It's left Ctrl, and it's a toggle, so you don't have to wear your hand out.)

How the poo poo do you start golf? I keep going to the club during open hours and theres no circle or any place to start it

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

You can but you have to summon it using the Personal Aircraft, or grab it from the hangar. If you just summon the CEO or Pegasus version it'll still be stock

Shutting down business will zero out any product you have, and you stop getting charged daily costs, but noooooooooooooooooooooo can't sell the building. bonus: if you still have supply when you shut down, you should stop getting calls from LJT about the business

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

prefect posted:

Can you shut down an organization and sell off all its assets?

No.once you've spent that money it's gone forever.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

How the poo poo do you start golf? I keep going to the club during open hours and theres no circle or any place to start it

You can't start it if there's a freemode event going on (like "steal the most cars" or "open a parachute as late as possible"). But you should be able to start it even at night -- the hours are meaningless.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Getting paid in "making LJT shut up" is worth more than your gta bux.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Alright fuckit, Im going golfing

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
You can also just go golfing from the quick job menu, I'm pretty sure

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Alright fuckit, Im going golfing

It is a legitimately good game mode in and of itself.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Hexenritter posted:

It is a legitimately good game mode in and of itself.

Yeah, played dozens of games of golf with friends. Golf is good.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

I had it hidden in map events, but I thought that just hid blips not the actual triggers! Lesson learned

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.
So how exactly do you select different planes in plane races? I did Burn Your Bridges earlier and everyone was in a Mallard, except the winner who was flying a Z-1 and obviously beat everyone by like 30 seconds. I couldn't select different ones. The wiki page even says it's locked to Mallards. Is this just another mod, or...?

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

make sure you didn't hide golf when you cleaned up the mess of icons on your minimap goonbro

if you accidentally golf off your minimap icon selection it will literally take it from the game world too :eng101:

Phweengee
Nov 5, 2012

namlosh posted:

Anybody know how much $ in sales I need in each biker biz to max the clutter in my MC clubhouse? I own all of the businesses upgraded and want to max everything out. They're currently shut down but I'm through being reasonable and want a crazy goal

I did 3 full sales of all 5 businesses and didn't see any additional clutter come in from the 2nd sale to the 3rd. I stopped at that point sensing I had max clutter.

Phweengee
Nov 5, 2012
For strength building there's a custom job that sends endless waves of clowns at you to punch. I went from 20% strength to 100% in 30-45 minutes. You'll need a second player to do the game mode. Apologies I can't recall what the name of it is

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

brothertim posted:

When i got back into playing, I had forgotten the swim controls and was doing the Humane Labs heist where you gotta swim out the tubes and almost drowned.

It's confusing because the controls are different if you're underwater (shift moves you forward) versus above water (WASD move you)

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

Phweengee posted:

For strength building there's a custom job that sends endless waves of clowns at you to punch. I went from 20% strength to 100% in 30-45 minutes. You'll need a second player to do the game mode. Apologies I can't recall what the name of it is

You can also start up a Gerald mission (so your alert level will never raise) and then go somewhere busy like the beach front and punch pedestrians for an hour.
Supposedly you can also make a deathmatch in the creator and when testing it (against NPCs) it will still level up your stats.

Orv
May 4, 2011

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

It's confusing because the controls are different if you're underwater (shift moves you forward) versus above water (WASD move you)

It's still on foot controls in first person, so I always swap when I'm assault team on that heist. :eng101:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

prefect posted:

I got all my stats up to 100 today. :smuggo:

(The secret to improving strength? Golf.)
I didn't do it all in one go but I got mine to 100 by going to a pedestrian heavy area and punching everyone.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I punched my way to 100 strength, one person on the boardwalk at a time

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Cage posted:

I didn't do it all in one go but I got mine to 100 by going to a pedestrian heavy area and punching everyone.

I started picking fights on Vinewood Boulevard, but the cops kept showing up, and they refused to fight fair. :saddowns:

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Almost level 450, still can't be bothered to level up my strength or stealth stats... was actually accused of being a modder because "stats don't match". :shrug:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

Almost level 450, still can't be bothered to level up my strength or stealth stats... was actually accused of being a modder because "stats don't match". :shrug:

I once saw a guy in a race who was level 1111.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I maxed out my stealth and strength by going stealth and stabbing the gently caress out of my entire team every time it drops us back into the lobby after a heist.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Powershift posted:

I maxed out my stealth and strength by going stealth and stabbing the gently caress out of my entire team every time it drops us back into the lobby after a heist.

This is the correct way to do it.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Powershift posted:

This is the proper way.

There's just so thing viscerally satisfying about walking down the street and belting people upside the face. The running hit is likewise deeply enjoyable.

It's fun to do in the game as well.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Powershift posted:

And here I was thinking I should try doing some of these "heist" things. :)

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

prefect posted:

And here I was thinking I should try doing some of these "heist" things. :)

Heists are good for the money and unlocks but the real currency is the suffering of others

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Rockstar releases heists
people love them
Rockstar responds with vans and crates and vans and crates and vans and crates and vans and crates

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Powershift posted:

Rockstar releases heists
people love them
Rockstar responds with vans and crates and vans and crates and vans and crates and vans and crates

its like your uncle getting you a gold rolex for christmas one year and then a set of decorative paper plates for every subsequent christmas until his untimely death from alcohol poisoning. (true story, not mine... but someones probably)

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Powershift posted:

Rockstar releases heists
people love them

I was going to start a heist, but it required another person and apparently somebody had to be "lookout" and I didn't know what that involved and I didn't even know how to chat at that point so I gave up. :blush:

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

prefect posted:

I was going to start a heist, but it required another person and apparently somebody had to be "lookout" and I didn't know what that involved and I didn't even know how to chat at that point so I gave up. :blush:

Just wait until you have to find four people for the prison heist finale and you're never on at the same time as other goons...

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

prefect posted:

The game usually makes it quite clear what you're required to do in your position.

People still gently caress it up

badly

The most obvious example is the start of prison break.

Game: "okay, you're all going to completely different places"
pubbie: "cool, i'll just ride with you then"

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Also, I find it offensive that the strip club and the roller coaster assume you have a headset. :rant:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Powershift posted:

Rockstar releases heists
people love them

Unfortunately, heists require effort and money to create.

• Locked thread