Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

tooterfish posted:

Why the gently caress is Derek still tweeting about Star Citizen instead of fleeing for his life in his Tesla?

What does your heart tell you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

Golli posted:

The Leaning Tower of Pisa has been on the verge of collapse for a couple of centuries. Poor Galileo never got to publish the blog where he called it.

BREAKING NEWS:

THIS JUST IN, THERE WILL BE NEWS TONIGHT AT 11:00PM. HOLD ON TO YOUR ASSES, PEOPLE!

SPECIAL BULLETIN: TUNE IN LATER FOR MORE NEWS ABOUT UPCOMING NEWS AND AN UPDATE ON THE NEWS WE BROKE EARLIER ABOUT THERE BEING NEWS TO REPORT.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

tuo posted:

What does your heart tell you?

He used up his tesla batteries on tweeting?

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
MoMA, along with Boredgamer, Batgirl, all the whales, all the streamers have no interest in a game or in games.

I watched one of Batgirl's X-Plane videos, I watch a fair amount of flight sim stuff - no passion, no enthusiasm, barely a working knowledge, no excitement.

Boredgamer already said he has no interest in games beyond Star Citizen.

When they stream other games those videos get a fraction of the views, ergo their viewers as Star Citizen fans have no interest in games either.

No Elite Dangerous on Batgirl's channel, she is idealogically opposed to playing another space game.

What's the reason they continue to stay involved? Money?

I'm calling it now as all idealogically driven and nothing whatsoever to do with games or gaming or money.

Take as long as you want.
If you refund you are not welcome.
I don't check on progress despite generating $8k for the project

These guys aren't funding a game and they know it. They are funding some kind of bizarre abstract notion of what CIG represents.

e- just pointing at these guys and calling them dumb is missing so so much of the picture.

SomethingJones fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Sep 8, 2017

pubic void nullo
May 17, 2002

never thought I'd drag this out again but time works in mysterious ways

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
I suppose that's what goons do, point and laugh rather than try to understand where the other guy is coming from. I get that, but that's not for me. I can mock the rubbish that CIG shovels out but possibly as an artifact of getting older I am increasingly adverse to personal stuff and cheap childish taunts.

Much of this including my previous posts are in defense of MoMA. It's crazy what difference a year can make. Actually trying to understand where he's coming from, whether I'm right isn't even the point.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
Also lol if Derek thinks this thing is collapsing, it isn't. I may be wrong in my assessment of what holds it together but I think I'm closer than many in understanding the nature of the beast, what makes it tick.

Purely for my own nefarious purposes of course.

Mne nravitsya
Jul 14, 2017

tooterfish posted:

Why the gently caress is Derek still tweeting about Star Citizen instead of fleeing for his life in his Tesla?

Derek will escape once he finishes the next blog entry. He has time still

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

not gonna lie in pretty pgabs about this :argh:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

SomethingJones posted:

I suppose that's what goons do, point and laugh rather than try to understand where the other guy is coming from. I get that, but that's not for me. I can mock the rubbish that CIG shovels out but possibly as an artifact of getting older I am increasingly adverse to personal stuff and cheap childish taunts.

Much of this including my previous posts are in defense of MoMA. It's crazy what difference a year can make. Actually trying to understand where he's coming from, whether I'm right isn't even the point.

#NOTALLGOONS

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Tippis posted:

He used up his tesla batteries on tweeting?

Electric cars have come a long way in the past, but I don't think they are at the point yet where they can power Derek's twitter actions.

tuo fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Sep 8, 2017

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/906140050081157122

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
Another way to look at it is MoMA is betting on the slim off chance that it'll be made, in the face of overwhelming odds and actual devs saying 'nope' all over the place.

That's a human trait is it not? Whether CIG play on that is without question, they absolutely do.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

SomethingJones posted:

Another way to look at it is MoMA is betting on the slim off chance that it'll be made, in the face of overwhelming odds and actual devs saying 'nope' all over the place.

That's a human trait is it not? Whether CIG play on that is without question, they absolutely do.

Pascal's Wager needs a new coating of paint.

All in favour of renaming it Chris' Conundrum or Robert's Wager?

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Hurricane is old news now that it passed the french islands, only a few savages to the west care about it. Or not, they don't have electricity or internet, maybe they'll know what's coming by cutting the throat of a chicken or whatever they think it's science. Could we concentrate on the real news, that Ben aka "center's gravity changer" is back to work ?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

eh, the heart of Pascal's wager is that you aren't losing much if you seek to believe in God and it turns out he doesn't exist

in the case of CIG and MOMA, I'd argue that $3000 is *not* materially insignificant loss in the scope of entertainment

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Crobbers' Loan

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

LMAO Derek never change, you are so full of poo poo and it's amazing.

StarbloodKiss
Feb 3, 2016

Why is the entire cargo hold full with crates of Krogan Krackers?
i think i posted earlier but although its not probable, there is a chance. it cant be 100% ruled out that star citizen will be a flop. it also cant be 100% a success. im pretty sure with maths though you could figure it out somehow.

I was gonna say 50\50 chance since SC could either come out or not, but that doesnt sound right. how about goons? how do you figure out the probability of success in software\game development? in the context of star citizen, could you take the population of total space sims that attempted to be produced and then from that figure out how many were successfully developed? that would be one way maybe

StarbloodKiss fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Sep 8, 2017

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Pretty sure Beet Wagon is going to probate or try to ban me for saying this, but Derek is just as full of poo poo as Croberts, just in a different insane way.

You guys can pick on MoMA all you want for being a giant nerd who believes against all evidence to the contrary that Star Citizen will be the game he has always dreamed of, but honestly that describes Beer and most of us back in the early days of this shitshow.

MoMA and the other true believers are just sad, but Derek is utterly pathetic.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

StarbloodKiss posted:

i think i posted earlier but although its not probable, there is a chance. it cant be 100% ruled out that star citizen will be a flop. it also cant be 100% a success. im pretty sure with maths though you could figure it out somehow.

I was gonna say 50\50 chance since SC could either come out or not, but that doesnt sound right. how about goons? how do you figure out the probability of success in software\game development? in the context of star citizen, could you take the population of total space sims that attempted to be produced and then from that figure out how many were successfully developed? that would be one way maybe

There is no game.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

D1E posted:

Pretty sure Beet Wagon is going to probate or try to ban me for saying this, but Derek is just as full of poo poo as Croberts, just in a different insane way.

You guys can pick on MoMA all you want for being a giant nerd who believes against all evidence to the contrary that Star Citizen will be the game he has always dreamed of, but honestly that describes Beer and most of us back in the early days of this shitshow.

You probably missed the parts where everyone make fun of Derek as well, then.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

D1E posted:

Dude I got kicked from Derek's discord for calling him an insecure baby in my own discord and I frequently emptyquote BNBL calling him full of poo poo here. You're not going to get probated for owning Derek lol.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/esistgaming/status/906148469412421634

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Zzr posted:

Hurricane is old news now that it passed the french islands, only a few savages to the west care about it. Or not, they don't have electricity or internet, maybe they'll know what's coming by cutting the throat of a chicken or whatever they think it's science. Could we concentrate on the real news, that Ben aka "center's gravity changer" is back to work ?
You can't come back to something you've never done in the first place.

The months he spent dying while being perfectly healthy in hospital were the most productive months of his loving life.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

If owning Derek got you probated Derek would be probated 99% of the time

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

God drat derek never learns.

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

Can anyone clarify what ICYM means?

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Who archives the archivers?

I dunno, the Coast Guard?

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Wuxi posted:

If owning Derek got you probated Derek would be probated 99% of the time

In fact I think in this thread you have to own Derek at least once if you want to be taken seriously.

Some people own him repeatedly, constantly reminding him his tweets are garbage. They're the Elites of the thread.

edit: oh also you have to post taxxe

googling 'elite cat' leads to lot of pictures of cat crematory jars for some reason

toanoradian fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Sep 8, 2017

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Pascal's Wager needs a new coating of paint.

All in favour of renaming it Chris' Conundrum or Robert's Wager?

Everyone taking Pascal's wager has their own definition of what they mean by 'god'

Derek's definition of Star Citizen is 'Star Citizen as pitched'

Chris's definition is 'you can already download it'

A backer's definition is what I'm searching for.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

SomethingJones posted:

Everyone taking Pascal's wager has their own definition of what they mean by 'god'

Derek's definition of Star Citizen is 'Star Citizen as pitched'

Chris's definition is 'you can already download it'

A backer's definition is what I'm searching for.

God is flipping your helmet onto your face three times because the goddamn door won't open

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
Hurry up Derek

Like waiting on your grandad to finish taking a poo poo

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Potato Salad posted:

eh, the heart of Pascal's wager is that you aren't losing much if you seek to believe in God and it turns out he doesn't exist

in the case of CIG and MOMA, I'd argue that $3000 is *not* materially insignificant loss in the scope of entertainment

But *he* thinks its not significant, therefore...

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Latin Pheonix posted:

Can anyone clarify what ICYM means?

I castrate your mammals

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Jobbo_Fett posted:

...he's already set for retirement, has paid off all significant debts, and is clearly not wasting $3,000 that has objectively far more beneficial uses.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Potato Salad posted:

...he's clearly already set for retirement, has paid off all significant debts, and is clearly not wasting $3,000 that has objectively far more beneficial uses.

Look, I never said he wasn't an idiot :shrug:

I would love to receive a free 3k. I could buy a new PC and like... put the rest in a savings account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Like MoMA, I am a wealthy rich person who can afford the finer things in life.

So I love to spew money in random directions. Just throw it out there. Bills, blank cheques, no wrong answers. Just get it out there and see what comes of it, you know? Most of the time, not much happens and I never see the money again but one of these days, it's going to lead to the best experience of my life.

The reason I can afford to do this is because I am so financially astute.