Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
I still dont get how you can gently caress up the sushi thing. Its like a roll that hasnt been rolled? It seems easier than an actial sushi roll. Honestly how do you gently caress that up? I dont hink he should be supportive of her cooking because its not gonna get any easier than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

Yeah sushi mayo casserole is pretty much cooking 101 heh

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
New fusion restaurant idea: Midwest Casserole World Dishes. Tater tots and white gravy with, pad thai, or gyros or whatever ground up and mixed in. Served in a deep, transparent Pyrex dish, with all of the mayo and ketchup you can handle. Salt and pepper to taste. Nothing spicy, of course.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I would eat some sort of weird tots + the components of a gyro in tanziki sauce fusion.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
You can put anything you want in there as long as they are flavorless carbs.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Pvt.Scott posted:

New fusion restaurant idea: Midwest Casserole World Dishes. Tater tots and white gravy with, pad thai, or gyros or whatever ground up and mixed in. Served in a deep, transparent Pyrex dish, with all of the mayo and ketchup you can handle. Salt and pepper to taste. Nothing spicy, of course.
Um excuse me, black pepper is far too spicy for the midwest.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Yawgmoth posted:

Um excuse me, black pepper is far too spicy for the midwest.

My in-laws won't eat a steak from Outback unless they promise not to season it. They're lovely people, I just can't deal with eating at a restaurant with them.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

ArbitraryC posted:

I would eat some sort of weird tots + the components of a gyro in tanziki sauce fusion.
Though tbh this sounds good in a guilty way, tater tots as a substitute for rice in the classic gyro platter would probably work.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
I love Bridezillas, looking forward to the comments tearing her a new one:

I think my maid of honor's (24/F) boyfriend (22/M) is planning to propose at my (24/F) wedding.

quote:

u/help_amiridiculous
I don't know if I am being a jealous bride, but would like some input/advice please!

My fiancé and I are getting married next February in a tropical destination wedding. We opted to have a bridal party and each of us has 3 bridesmaids/groomsmen. My maid of honor has a boyfriend of 1 year and they have been discussing marriage. A couple weeks ago he drunkenly told her he was going to propose in February. Great, I'm so happy for her! But I can't help but think he's planning on doing it while we are on vacation for the wedding.

I don't blame him if he wants to do it while we are on the trip, it's a beautiful place. But I also feel like it's going to "steal the thunder" a little bit. As long as he doesn't do it during the wedding or before, I can get over it. I've only met this guy once and I don't really like him. He's younger and I get the vibe that he thinks he's really cool and the best thing that's ever walked this earth. Very immature, but as long as my friend is happy I'm happy.

Do I bring it up to my friend? I would be very upset if it happened before or on my wedding day as I feel I deserve to be able to enjoy this day with my new husband and celebrating with my family and friends and not being overshadowed by her and the boyfriend. What do you think? Thanks!

I'm forcing people to shell out a load of money for me, but they'd better not get any ideas about doing anything that isn't all about me.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Try one of our fine establishment's globe-trotting appetizers. Our most famous meal-starter is our Southwest Edamame! (mushy sweet peas from the can, heavily breaded and then deep-fried, served with our tangy Western sauce (8 parts mayo, 1.99 parts sweet BBQ sauce, .01 parts Tabasco))

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Though tbh this sounds good in a guilty way, tater tots as a substitute for rice in the classic gyro platter would probably work.
It would be good closing hours food. Just get this wad of meat, tomato, pepperoncini, avocado, some spinach, and feta over a bed of tots covered in tzatziki.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Milotic posted:

I think my maid of honor's (24/F) boyfriend (22/M) is planning to propose at my (24/F) wedding.

I'm forcing people to shell out a load of money for me, but they'd better not get any ideas about doing anything that isn't all about me.

Destination weddings suck, just save it for your honeymoon unless you can like afford to fly everyone out your own dime. Also don't propose at other people's weddings. Everyone sucks.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
Maybe he's planning to propose after the wedding. Like, everybody dances and drinks and retires to their fancy beach huts and he does it then. Or maybe, though less likely, it is entirely unrelated and he's gunning for valentine's day or whatever.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

lemon-lyme disease posted:

Maybe he's planning to propose after the wedding. Like, everybody dances and drinks and retires to their fancy beach huts and he does it then. Or maybe, though less likely, it is entirely unrelated and he's gunning for valentine's day or whatever.
Unexplored option: he was drunk and just blathering whatever stupid half-thoughts popped in his head.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Admiral Ray posted:

The party toilet was just a porcelain bowl of water with a drain that illegally hooked into the neighbor's plumbing.

Don't take this away from me

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

ArbitraryC posted:

Destination weddings suck, just save it for your honeymoon unless you can like afford to fly everyone out your own dime. Also don't propose at other people's weddings. Everyone sucks.

All this

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

ArbitraryC posted:

Pick posted:

All this
Yep.

I mean, in her situation, depending on how well she knows him. She could just ask about what his plans are and then if he says during the trip just set some boundaries around not doing it during the ceremony/reception or whatever.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

Yawgmoth posted:

Unexplored option: he was drunk and just blathering whatever stupid half-thoughts popped in his head.

Let's explore that option together! If that's the case, no worries for the bride?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Milotic posted:

regardless of how self centered the bride may be it's super tacky to propose at someone else's wedding. do it in private after you leave the event if you want to ride that wave of hormones

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Milotic posted:

This ambitious young man needs to propose now and then have the maid of honor suggest a double wedding! The venue, catering, and housing is all done, so why not save a little money and piggy back onto someone else's wedding?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

hahahaha

I [17F] need help with my dad [46M]. He finds it weird my sister [24F] helps her fiance [25M] into bed 2 days after he got released from hospital.

quote:

I need help because I can't listen to this anymore. I can't even ask him what's for dinner without my dad going into this thing with my sister and her fiance. Brad is engaged to my sister, and he's a very athletic person. Super into fitness, health and so on. He and my sister were going for their jog and he somehow tore his ACL &MCL. He had to have surgery to repair the damage.

Brad and my sister live together in their home. My mom asked how he was doing. My sister ran down everything to my mom, dad, brother and I. She said she needs to help him get in bed because he can't put any pressure on the leg. My dad has just gone off the deep end and won't stop talking about it. He thinks Brad should be serving my sister and not the other way around.

tl;dr: Need help on what to do about my dad, because I can't even ask a questions without him going mental about my sister.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Admiral Ray posted:

This ambitious young man needs to propose now and then have the maid of honor suggest a double wedding! The venue, catering, and housing is all done, so why not save a little money and piggy back onto someone else's wedding?
If he does this he should put a wheelbarrow on the registry because he's gonna need one to carry his balls around.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

LethalGeek posted:

hahahaha

I [17F] need help with my dad [46M]. He finds it weird my sister [24F] helps her fiance [25M] into bed 2 days after he got released from hospital.

That dude was 21 in 1992. What the actual gently caress

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

LethalGeek posted:

hahahaha

There's a backstory to this. I can feel it.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

TheScott2K posted:

why is that weird ?????

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

TheScott2K posted:

I'm not sure which of those numbers is supposed to be noteworthy.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

big trivia FAIL posted:

why is that weird ?????

It's weird because he's saying 80 year old man poo poo while being young enough to have watched Nirvana on MTV.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

TheScott2K posted:

It's weird because he's saying 80 year old man poo poo while being young enough to have watched Nirvana on MTV.

Note his child's age (he had her when he was 21 in 1992). he's obvs dumb as heck

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Milotic posted:

Counterpoint: My husband's best friend proposed to his girlfriend during our wedding ceremony

Not that he'd go this far but it's still extremely tacky

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

ArbitraryC posted:

As someone who likes cooking myself I just don't understand this mentality. Like the very first thing you should consider when making something is "would the people I'm serving this to enjoy it?". When I attend a potluck i always make something a literal child would like, but just use better ingredients. Talking like mac n cheese or scalloped potatoes with nice cheese/ham/etc because I know people will like it, and it's always the dish that gets smashed first because it's comfort food done well.

You cook for your audience because that's the whole point of cooking for other people. That's not even saying it's lazy, it can be quite time consuming to make proper comfort food; people appreciate the effort that goes into peeling and thinly slicing a fuckload of potatoes, making a proper cheese sauce from good cheese, and giving it a nice crust.

Also, don't cook new things for other people, you experiment on yourself and get it right, THEN cook it for others.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
my[21F] boyfriend[19M] took my dirty talk too literally

quote:

Okay, so you know how when a guy tells you that you're the tightest/wettest/whatever girl he's ever hosed and you go along with it but know it's just bullshit said in the heat of the moment? So the first time I had sex with my boyfriend I made a comment about his penis being big. In all honesty, I said it because we hadn't "warmed up" enough and I wasn't quite ready for penetration so it hurt. I said it so he would slow down. I realize now this was a mistake and I never should've brought size into it because it does not matter at all

My boyfriend's penis is somewhat small. There's nothing wrong with that and the sex is just as pleasurable as it is with someone bigger. Well, apparently this was the first time my boyfriend had ever been told he had a big dick and he's just running with it. Talks about it constantly and is even telling his friends that his dick is almost too big to fit inside me. That's not true. It's not like I have a miniature vagina either.

This news about my boyfriend's supposed gigantic cock is getting around college and people will literally post on the school's anonymous chat thing about him and his dick! When girls in class see me with him they've later come up and been like "omg so what's it like getting hosed by a 12 inch dick"

This puts me in a really uncomfortable situation with my friends because I don't want to go around saying he actually has a small dick but I don't want to lie either! It's just gotten out of hand and I don't know what to do at this point. Honestly I think if I tell told my boyfriend I don't think his dick is that big, he just kinda sucks at foreplay, that he would be devastated and might even break up with me. I really like him a lot and aside from this I could see us staying together.

We've been together for 6 months

tl;dr: boyfriend told everyone his dick is huge and now it's spreading around in our friend groups that he's the guy with the giant dick

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

full sitcom there

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

coronatae posted:

Counterpoint: My husband's best friend proposed to his girlfriend during our wedding ceremony

Not that he'd go this far but it's still extremely tacky

His best friend was performing the ceremony and in the middle of it stopped to propose AND reveal her pregnancy? Hooooooly poo poo wowee zowie

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

full sitcom there
dude's got some gullible and also loudmouthed friends, what the gently caress

like how does it go from him bragging about his own dick to anonymous strangers knowing

(I mean yeah it was written one handed whatever)

The_end
May 17, 2014

La Brea Carpet posted:

my[21F] boyfriend[19M] took my dirty talk too literally

He knows it is small.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

The_end posted:

He knows it is small.

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

(for real we have unlimited naked people to compare against, he has to know it's what it is)

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Pvt.Scott posted:

Try one of our fine establishment's globe-trotting appetizers. Our most famous meal-starter is our Southwest Edamame! (mushy sweet peas from the can, heavily breaded and then deep-fried, served with our tangy Western sauce (8 parts mayo, 1.99 parts sweet BBQ sauce, .01 parts Tabasco))

Guy Fieri X Golden Corral collaboration looking good

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
i knew two long-time partners for some government contractor, who ended up falling for each other & developing a relationship after they both quit. they held a wedding in an abandoned castle museum & invited everyone to bring a dessert they could share. after the ceremony (really personal, they wrote their own vows) someone showed up with a live animal exhibition to entertain while the meal was set up. anyway at some point before the main meal, someone noticed that all the desserts had gone missing. the couple had vanished as well, along with all the registry gifts. As the party starts combing the grounds (the castle was in a disused industrial part of the town, next to a large retirement home) a bunch of police show up because, it turns out, they never actually rented the venue. Nor would they have been able to, as it was marked for demolition on account of it being "a structural catastrophe."

no one's really heard from them since? a few weeks afterwards there was a rumor that someone found some of the cleaned & treatless dessert pans hidden at their family's cabin, but nothing since then. they were really nice but kind of boring in that "two stable people utterly at home with each other" sort of deal. they didn't talk much about work.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

maskenfreiheit posted:

I [18M] said something stupid to my sister [20F] cause I didn't even know what it meant. She showed our friends, and now they all won't stop making fun of me for it every time we hang out. Its really getting on my nerves.

Christ this escalated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

i knew two long-time partners for some government contractor, who ended up falling for each other & developing a relationship after they both quit. they held a wedding in an abandoned castle museum & invited everyone to bring a dessert they could share. after the ceremony (really personal, they wrote their own vows) someone showed up with a live animal exhibition to entertain while the meal was set up. anyway at some point before the main meal, someone noticed that all the desserts had gone missing. the couple had vanished as well, along with all the registry gifts. As the party starts combing the grounds (the castle was in a disused industrial part of the town, next to a large retirement home) a bunch of police show up because, it turns out, they never actually rented the venue. Nor would they have been able to, as it was marked for demolition on account of it being "a structural catastrophe."

no one's really heard from them since? a few weeks afterwards there was a rumor that someone found some of the cleaned & treatless dessert pans hidden at their family's cabin, but nothing since then. they were really nice but kind of boring in that "two stable people utterly at home with each other" sort of deal. they didn't talk much about work.

That's... kind of awesome? But also really unsettling.