Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

republicans should lower their levels of uric acid. a gout cartoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Lord Hydronium posted:

I literally burst out laughing at this, it's just such a perfect Ramirez self-parody.

He just can't help himself. Rorus was so on point when he made this a few years ago.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Pants Donkey posted:

Florida to experience a downpour of severed hands.

Yes, people are praying for Florida's destruction.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Aw yeah, that's the stuff.

.Edward Penischin
Jun 5, 2008

Label the fire extinguisher.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Haven't been able to check the thread today, wonder what's been posted...

quote:

In a search for gold, of which there was very little, Columbus enslaved, murdered, and inflicted every sort of inhumane misery upon those gentle people.

With 17 additional ships and 1,200 men, Columbus promised to bring back as much gold and slaves as anyone could want. In 1495, they “rounded up” 1,500 Arawak men, women and children, chose 500 of the best, of which 200 died en route to Spain.

When the Arawaks could not produce enough gold, he cut off the hands of all those 14 years and older, and enslaved them on estates where they were worked to death. The most horrific reports came from a young priest, Bartolomé de Las Casas, who wrote, “The Spaniards think nothing of knifing Indians by tens and twenties and of cutting slices off them to test the sharpness of their blades.” He wrote of two Christians who met up with two Arawak boys and beheaded them for fun.

“Mothers drowned their babies from sheer desperation, husbands died in the mines, women died at work, children died from lack of milk… my eyes have seen acts so foreign to human nature, and now I tremble as I write,” de Las Casas wrote.

So yeah go gently caress yourself.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Oxyclean posted:

Uhh, maybe my history is a little rough, but human sacrifices? Like is Branco thinking of the Mayans or something? Or a book he read?

e: lmao @ Branco having an issue with Obama's mentor but likely not with Trump's dad being literal KKK.

It happened in very rare, highly ritualized events. As you can imagine, groups of people who advocate killing their own have a hard time expanding.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Not the thing that happened I expected.

Also those pilots (and crew, and ATC, and meteorology team...) are worthy of massive respect, unlike the GOP.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

I mean, what is Ramirez even trying to do with this comparison? That we shouldn't be as concerned with Irma as we are with the national debt? One is an instant force of nature that destroys anything in its path while the other is...a natural way for nations to work, how can they at all be compared? What does it mean in this metaphor when Hurricane US National Debt arrives on the islands that aren't even United States?

Also I thought Ramirez would retire "look how much debt we have" under a Republican administration.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Aw geez, I just realized that the Hemingway house is probably going to be destroyed.

I hope someone takes the time to rescue all those poor polydactyl cats...

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Aw geez, I just realized that the Hemingway house is probably going to be destroyed.

It's survived multiple massive hurricanes at this point. They know what they're doing.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

toanoradian posted:

I mean, what is Ramirez even trying to do with this comparison? That we shouldn't be as concerned with Irma as we are with the national debt? One is an instant force of nature that destroys anything in its path while the other is...a natural way for nations to work, how can they at all be compared? What does it mean in this metaphor when Hurricane US National Debt arrives on the islands that aren't even United States?

Also I thought Ramirez would retire "look how much debt we have" under a Republican administration.

Trump just committed the cardinal sin of Republicanism so be prepared for three fuckin' years of screaming and obstruction. Note that this replaces the previous forecast of three years of screaming and obstruction.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Retarded even by political cartoonist standards.

Lord Hydronium posted:

I literally burst out laughing at this, it's just such a perfect Ramirez self-parody.

Etc

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Sep 9, 2017

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

http://pagesix.com/2017/09/08/mariel-begs-hemingway-house-manager-to-evacuate-before-irma/

:smith:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Pants Donkey posted:

It's not a meme, but a cartoon he's been doing for over a decade now.

I was being facetious, because it resembles a current meme.

Newfie
Oct 8, 2013

10 years of oil boom and 20 billion dollars cash, all I got was a case of beer, a pack of smokes, and 14% unemployment.
Thanks, Danny.

Pretty sure that Ramirez also wrote a Christmas commercial in Canada.

https://youtu.be/w7VomRupvCc

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Oh that's just perfect. Perfect I tell you.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

:smith: is right, God I hope they all end up being okay but this is terrifying. I think I might have met this man when I visited years ago, he was really nice. :smith:

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on
The Ramirez debt hurricane; I'm dead.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Lurdiak posted:

I was being facetious, because it resembles a current meme.

https://twitter.com/byrdinator/stat...hecking-schumer

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

is this guy seriously complaining you can't spew lead from your tailpipe? historically the biggest source of atmospheric lead?

quote:

For starters, it turns out that childhood lead exposure at nearly any level can seriously and permanently reduce IQ. Blood lead levels are measured in micrograms per deciliter, and levels once believed safe—65 μg/dL, then 25, then 15, then 10—are now known to cause serious damage. The EPA now says flatly that there is “no demonstrated safe concentration of lead in blood,” and it turns out that even levels under 10 μg/dL can reduce IQ by as much as seven points. An estimated 2.5 percent of children nationwide have lead levels above 5 μg/dL.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

is this guy seriously complaining you can't spew lead from your tailpipe? historically the biggest source of atmospheric lead?

No, you have severely taken this cartoon the wrong way.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Office Pig posted:

No, you have severely taken this cartoon the wrong way.

man, i seriously can't believe that kelly guy just abandoned his son after his wife left him on their family vacation, i mean who does that

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017
"This guy" is a local hero. Don't forget it.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

People have died you gigantic piece of poo poo.

I shouldn’t read this thread while drinking.

Yes, millions have died from Obama's invention, debt.

I found this cartoon soothing, actually. No matter how messed up the political word gets, some things never change.

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Haven't been able to check the thread today, wonder what's been posted...

So yeah go gently caress yourself.

Is that Howard Zinn?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Pants Donkey posted:

Also people are so loving fixated on having Soros as the boogeyman they forget that Kaepernick makes millions a year and wouldn't need to hurt his reputation/career for whatever Soros is offering.

If a rich person in this world ever said "I have enough" then we wouldn't be talking about the 99%.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Vib Rib posted:

How to shoot yourself in the foot twice:
1. He's trying to defend the literal, personified concept of hatred itself as not so bad.
2. Despite justifying hatred to himself as necessary against deserving topics, he'll never pair that up with his views on say, Antifascists.

It's sarcasm. The duck is always sarcastic. Only the Left can hate things, obviously. That's why Hate refuses to attack the berries' skin color.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Jurgan posted:

Is that Howard Zinn?
Fun fact, I was introduced to Zinn ironically by a conservative professor.
Also, Trivia Team Name: A People's History of WIne, by Howard Zinnfandel.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
As other have said, this is so Ramirez, it hurts.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

frankenfreak posted:

As other have said, this is so Ramirez, it hurts.

"Yeah, a lot of people have and are going to die, magnitudes more will be rendered homeless, and there will be infrastructure damage on a massive level BUT have you thought about the real disaster here: how we spend money providing poor people with healthcare!!!!"

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Erenthal posted:

"Yeah, a lot of people have and are going to die, magnitudes more will be rendered homeless, and there will be infrastructure damage on a massive level BUT have you thought about the real disaster here: how we spend money providing poor people with healthcare!!!!"

Reminder: As a not particularly well known Congressman back in 2005, Mike Pence said almost literally this when he took the floor to oppose Katrina reconstruction aid.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

This artist should just quit comics and design clothing.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

So I was slowly scrolling when I got to this, and AS SOON as I saw "Ramirez" and weather patterns, I knew he was going to draw an even bigger hurricane marked DEBT. Absolutely sure of it.

You never disappoint, Mike.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

gently caress I laugh everytime I look at that Ramirez, I think something might be wrong with me.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Electric Phantasm posted:

gently caress I laugh everytime I look at that Ramirez, I think something might be wrong with me.
:same:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Crabtree posted:

This artist should just quit comics and design clothing.
Yeah I dig the hell out of that top Zelda's friend is wearing :devil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Jedit posted:

If a rich person in this world ever said "I have enough" then we wouldn't be talking about the 99%.

No-one ever hears about people who say "Wow, if I sold my business I could live in luxury for the rest of my life and never have to work another day" because they just do it and live a fun life. They don't stack up a billion dollars more than they need and use it to buy politicians to help them cut taxes on their already huge pile of money. Because they are sane and that would be less fun than skiing and pot.

• Locked thread