Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Incoherence posted:

Pre-generated from what, exactly? Most decent teachers have enough of their own style that they're going to make up their own test for The Grapes of Wrath instead of going to Bob's Discount Test Generation Barn to pick one up.

We're not talking about standardized tests here; we're talking about ordinary class tests.

That's what I was asking. If it was possible to just make up a few tests and have a scantron machine grade them. Either way it's funny because even if it's true it's such a tiny inconvenience to that kid and the teacher is getting off on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fool and the World
Dec 8, 2010

loquacius posted:

Even if this weren't a massive oversimplification, there's more at stake here than the kid's GPA

like what exactly? scholarships? he straight up said that the kid was a low b student and strictly average at best. sure it was lovely of him and absolutely a dick thing to do but if you consider another ba in lib arts with 80g in debt to be a desired data point in the constellation of collegiate statistics then I don't know what to tell you. and just lol if you think that an undergrad at any capital (u)niversity (baring pre med and law) is worth anything other than as a gating mechanism to prove youre "worth" the middle class these days. hell he probably did him a favor pushing him into a trade school. seriously dude "ruined his life" is a gross exaggeration

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

He probably killed his whole family over that bad test score.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Solice Kirsk posted:

That's what I was asking. If it was possible to just make up a few tests and have a scantron machine grade them. Either way it's funny because even if it's true it's such a tiny inconvenience to that kid and the teacher is getting off on it.
You provide the answer key, and then you feed the student test papers into the machine and it grades them against the answer key. That's all Scantron is.

The teacher in question just made up several versions of the test (with different answer keys) to deter students from cheating off each other, and used it to try to screw with some kid for petty reasons.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Yeah, thats pretty much what scantron (I always called it skank-tron) is. Had the same thing in College too. One bad English grade probably wouldn't gently caress up someone's life. Especially if its grade 9 or ten. Guy is still a jerk though.
I don't know about elsewhere, but where I'm from even the biggest universities don't give a gently caress that you failed grade 9, or 10, or 11 English/math/basket weaving/whatever. Unless you're competing for an academic scholarship with a bunch of other people they only care about grade 12.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!
Here's the thing about Scantron. In theory, the school buys a Scantron gizmo, with software they plug into their computer, which spits out a test. You fill in the little ovals with your #2 pencil, the scanning machine scans them, you get graded.

Except that sometimes the school cheaps out, and instead of buying the scanning machine, they print out a punch sheet which masks the correct answers, The teacher holds the mask over the test to grade it; for example if the answer to the first one is B, the mask hides the B. The teacher deducts a point for every mark he sees. The obvious corollary is that a blank mark is graded as correct. To combat this, the teacher says "Remember, there's no penalty for a wrong answer, just guess if you don't know." With a real scanner, the teacher can set a penalty for wrong answers if he chooses.

So, if you're taking a fill-in-the-ovals test, and there's no penalty for wrong answers, and they stress repeatedly "just guess if you don't know", leave blank any really hard questions.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Gynovore posted:

Here's the thing about Scantron. In theory, the school buys a Scantron gizmo, with software they plug into their computer, which spits out a test. You fill in the little ovals with your #2 pencil, the scanning machine scans them, you get graded.

Except that sometimes the school cheaps out, and instead of buying the scanning machine, they print out a punch sheet which masks the correct answers, The teacher holds the mask over the test to grade it; for example if the answer to the first one is B, the mask hides the B. The teacher deducts a point for every mark he sees. The obvious corollary is that a blank mark is graded as correct. To combat this, the teacher says "Remember, there's no penalty for a wrong answer, just guess if you don't know." With a real scanner, the teacher can set a penalty for wrong answers if he chooses.

So, if you're taking a fill-in-the-ovals test, and there's no penalty for wrong answers, and they stress repeatedly "just guess if you don't know", leave blank any really hard questions.

Wouldn't the teacher immediately mark any blank questions incorrect before they applied the answer key? You know, so they wouldn't give a blank sheet a 100%?

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Solice Kirsk posted:

He probably killed his whole family over that bad test score.

Who here hasn't gone on a killing spree after getting a C? loving hypocrites.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Fool and the World posted:

like what exactly? scholarships? he straight up said that the kid was a low b student and strictly average at best. sure it was lovely of him and absolutely a dick thing to do but if you consider another ba in lib arts with 80g in debt to be a desired data point in the constellation of collegiate statistics then I don't know what to tell you. and just lol if you think that an undergrad at any capital (u)niversity (baring pre med and law) is worth anything other than as a gating mechanism to prove youre "worth" the middle class these days. hell he probably did him a favor pushing him into a trade school. seriously dude "ruined his life" is a gross exaggeration

yikes

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

quite a pickle you've got there

loquacius posted:

Skipping: someone going into way too much detail about his fantasies about Minions. Maybe I'll post it tomorrow; it's probably :nws:

No one's going to request this? This kind of poo poo is the reason I bookmarked the thread my dude

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

No, I mean that the kid's self-esteem and motivation probably went to poo poo. It's not like this could shock him into suddenly improving his study skills or whatever because he was doing fine. A good teacher is supposed to show kids that they're capable of anything, not squash their psyche. poo poo like this is what turns people into 35-year-old virgin goonlords working retail 10 hours a day and sitting on their rear end watching cartoons the other 14.

limp_cheese posted:

Who here hasn't gone on a killing spree after getting a C? loving hypocrites.

Pretty sure he failed the class after the scantron-exam caper

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS

Solice Kirsk posted:

Wouldn't the teacher immediately mark any blank questions incorrect before they applied the answer key? You know, so they wouldn't give a blank sheet a 100%?
Yes. To be fair, teachers are only human, and after the 50th multiple answer sheet the grind and boredom induce mistakes and negligence. Maybe the teacher won't see the unanswered questions if most lines have an oval filled out. So it comes out to whether you estimate your chances of guessing right are higher than the chance the grader will neglect to mark your lack of answer wrong.

The thing I found absolutely shocking in that confession was how lovely the confessor was at writing in English, though. You're an English teacher dude, have some loving pride in your craft!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

And that student's name was George RR Martin.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Solice Kirsk posted:

Obviously a blank sheet gets thrown out. But, it's very unlikely that a teacher will take the time to scan each and every test for blanks. A lot of teachers are lazy bumblefucks, and even the 'good' teachers are overworked and underpaid.

I did this several times in high school, it works.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Well how about that. Wish my CE and series registrations worked like that. Would save me tons of time. Then again those matter and high school English doesn't so I guess it makes sense.

Fool and the World
Dec 8, 2010

loquacius posted:

No, I mean that the kid's self-esteem and motivation probably went to poo poo. It's not like this could shock him into suddenly improving his study skills or whatever because he was doing fine. A good teacher is supposed to show kids that they're capable of anything, not squash their psyche. poo poo like this is what turns people into 35-year-old virgin goonlords working retail 10 hours a day and sitting on their rear end watching cartoons the other 14.

pretty sure thats been proven to be backwards and its the overemphasis on success and not on learning from your failures that causes kids to not try, but what do i know it's not like I needed my psychiatrist to tell me that

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah there have been NUMEROUS studies about how children who are praised for working very hard and trying their best to understand go on to be much more successful academically and financially than children who were merely told that they were very smart or skilled. Being good at something doesn't mean you will succeed, trying to succeed is a much better indicator of success than talents.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

what about if your teacher fails you and tells you it's your fault because you're stupid and talk about nerd poo poo too much, what then

like, "this is good for the kid because it teaches him the value of ~~~hard work~~~" is the dumbest take I can think of, it teaches him that hard work doesn't matter because he's a worthless piece of poo poo

like, it's important what you praise kids for, yes, but this is kind of the antithesis of praise soooooo

loquacius fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Sep 9, 2017

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Consider this punishment for your godawful education opinions

quote:

Hi, I'm the 2nd goon that will confess he's a Minion-sexual.

I saw DM1 (Despicable Me) and enjoyed it, but didn't realize what I had stumbled on until DM2.

DM1&2 both had attractive female designs, and usually I walk away from animated movies with at least one 2-D crush. Not this time, and I at first thought it was due to turning gay or perhaps finally becoming asexual after years of inceldom.

Not true!

That night I began my daily wank off and my thoughts drifted back to the movie. I thought at first of some of the background women; all thick thighs and thin, spindly limbs. But a color kept popping in my head. Yellow!

I thought of a Minion, masterfully massaging my cock. Saying "banana" in a sultry tone as he/she/it slipped the head into his/her/its mouth.

I will spare you the more intimate details but, long story short, I came buckets. I still live at home and spent nearly 10 minutes wiping down the wall with toilet paper to clean up all of my "banana pudding" so to speak before my parents got home.

Since then I've invested in Blu-Ray copies of all the films and have devoted myself whole heartedly to the fandom.

My somewhat secret shame is that I've spent about 15000 dollars of my parents money creating movie-quality 3D poser models of several Minions and myself. If you need the rest spelled out, here you go: I've been paying an animator to create realistic movies where Minions and I have sex. It's more money than I should spend, true, but the quality is worth it.

I mentioned my inceldom before and that's still true, but I don't even care now. 33 years old, virgin, haven't been kissed in 20 years or held a hand in 23. Haven't talked to a female outside of my family in 8 years. Think about suicide daily.

I used to, I mean. I love my life and my minions. And the movies are close enough to real life for me. I put on my VR glasses and all my life fades away. It's bliss and being a minion secuslmis the best thing I've ever done.

and to soften the blow of that, here's a #lifehack

quote:

I just did this and had the same thought I've had a couple of times which is - I think it's a slightly interesting tip/trick but who am I ever going to say this to face to face?

I'm a girl. After I finish masturbating I'm left really wet (I know different women will have different levels of uh, sogginess but I think this would still work for most.)

So say I then need to go and take a poo poo. This is really useful. Especially because my poop is usually pretty sticky. Wiping with dry toilet paper I will wipe and wipe and still not feel especially clean. Using wet wipes is bad for drains/the enviroment I think I've heard, and I don't have a bidet.

Vaginal lubrication is the perfect solution to this! If you wet toilet paper with water it pretty much disintegrates but the slimey nature of vag juices has this perfect consistancy to moisten the toilet paper while holding it together. Wiping front to back I can scoop up those juices and clean my rear end in a top hat with them.

I know this sounds incredibly gross but it is REALLY effective at getting rid of all the poop. Seriously like a home made wet wipe that won't clog up your pipes.

Obviously it's clear why I don't go around sharing this information, but I think it's very neat.

Fool and the World
Dec 8, 2010
you know what gently caress it. that kid is completely and inexorably hosed because a teacher with a sadism fetish failed him on highschool English. his self esteem will never be the same and that will lead him to being a goon lord shut in posting on r mgtow about "feeemales" while he masturbates to hentai.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
You can install a Thai style bum gun into your home toilet so you don't have to time pooping around masturbating. I'm sure that can't be a healthy mental association.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

you know what gently caress it. that kid is completely and inexorably hosed because a teacher with a sadism fetish failed him on highschool English. his self esteem will never be the same and that will lead him to being a goon lord shut in posting on r mgtow about "feeemales" while he masturbates to hentai.

At least he'll eventually discover the joy of minions

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

lol the banana line is a good one

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Well, wiping your rear end with pussy juice is probably better than wiping your pussy with rear end juice.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

wesleywillis posted:

Well, wiping your rear end with pussy juice is probably better than wiping your pussy with rear end juice.

Thread title right there

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
Jesus christ

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Confession train back on the rails.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I don't feel comfortable asking my wife for a homemade butt wipe.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
It wouldn't work anyway because she'd have to be turned on

:vince:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
I just take a shower if the poop is that sticky

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Eat more fiber you gross fucks!!!!!

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Someone needs to change their diet. 😃🌭

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Just lube your butthole with petroleum jelly before you poop. Jeeze, you people.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Ziv Zulander posted:

Just lube your butthole with petroleum jelly before you poop. Jeeze, you people.

Before you poop?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A PIECE OF PIG SUET INTO MY RECTUM!

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Tra...ble+bidet&psc=1

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

LingcodKilla posted:

Before you poop?

And after, but that should really go without saying

Fool and the World
Dec 8, 2010

Solice Kirsk posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A PIECE OF PIG SUET INTO MY RECTUM!

...aaaand now we have the new gbs subheader

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
teacher is bad at their job and should probably quit if theyre taking the antics of a teenager so seriously. youre a professional, act like it.

butt wipe life hack is glorious. please, goons, send more lifehack confessions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

I've fallen in quite hard with the nazi side of tumblr (this probably sounds amusing and stupid and weird but we all call it reichblr) - at first it was just because I found the aesthetics attractive, but now I don't know.

First off I 100% believe the racial superiority stuff is all bullshit. No whites aren't better than any other race. No the Jews aren't to blame for whatever you want to blame them for and I don't actually think immigration is a problem etc.

I don't think any of that is true, but I don't think it matters? Behaving as though those things are true feels so edifying. I saw some quote floating around about how you should be careful about what you pretend to be because that's actually what you are. Well. I do think I'm a good person and honestly in so many ways I really am and no one I know would ever suspect it of me (and probably thinks I'm more like some annoying left wing SJW than anything tbh) but if someone offered me the chance to have been an SS officer in the 1930s I'd take that without question. I have all these fantasies about it.

I don't know how odd this is. I think maybe it's pretty normal? I don't want to come across like I think I'm some badass evil tortured soul. More like the banality of evil I guess? Lots of people would do awful things if it gave them something else they wanted, or more power or status. People do this all the time in all kinds of petty ways! So I think how I feel might be normal? But at the same time how would you even tell? No one is really going to admit to this right?

I just want to admit to this without it coming off like I'm trying to be edgy and cool, to get it off my chest. I'm a really regular person but I get so aroused/thrilled thinking of nazi atrocities and being able to have taken part in them. Actually people finding nazis sexy is not that odd I know. I was probably talking a bit too enthusiastically about this to someone and they said they'd love to make me actually have to walk past the mass graves and push my face into the actual horrors of it and it just made me long for it more.

I don't really know what my point is with this. Just it's been on my mind a lot. It kind of reminds me of that 'push this button get a million dollars but someone dies' thing. Everyone would push that button but no one would admit it. Or maybe a few rare people wouldn't push it. So I'm not rare or special in that I think I would do terrible things that would bring me pleasure. This isn't really even a confession because I feel bad or in turmoil because I don't. Maybe I'd like to talk to someone who felt the same way and this is the next best thing of getting it off my chest.

I'm not really sure I understand this whole "I don't really believe this stuff but I have a blast talking and acting as if I did and would love to have been an actual SS officer but really I'm a good person deep down" thing

Seems like some niggerstomper58 poo poo to me honestly

quote:

I'll keep this short. My whole family thinks I'm a pedophile because of the following: I was at my cousin's house for a birthday dinner last week. She has a 9 year old daughter who will occasionally sit on peoples' laps when we're watching a movie or something. She was on mine and made a comment asking what was hard in my pants (it was my dick). Everyone got pretty creeped out and asked me to leave. I did a bad job at defending myself because I couldn't admit the real reason that I had a boner was because I could see up my cousin's skirt on the other couch because I'm pretty sure her husband would have kicked my rear end.

yeah uh

even if you aren't a pedophile, allowing yourself to get a boner for unrelated reasons while there is a kid sitting on your lap is the kind of thing it makes sense to get shunned by your family over