Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Coldforge posted:

The problem with Gabbert is that he's almost as bad as those guys, but he has some sort of voodoo magic that convinces coaches he's a viable long term option, and he's suddenly your starting QB for an entire season-plus.

He's the devil.

He's 6'5".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Chichevache posted:

He's Not Kapernic

Fixed that for you

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Leperflesh posted:

c j beathard is the truth

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

Lamarcus Joyner and Mo Alexander are decent, but besides Cody Davis, they're other three backups are rookies.

If the bucs wouldn't have gotten Ward, I'm sure the Rams would have gone after him.

Doubt it, Maurice Alexander is 26 and TJ Ward is 30 and slowing down. Unless he would be okay coming off waiver to be a backup it wouldn't really be worth it.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

Doubt it, Maurice Alexander is 26 and TJ Ward is 30 and slowing down. Unless he would be okay coming off waiver to be a backup it wouldn't really be worth it.

I was thinking along the lines of Ward being familiar with the Wade Phillips defense.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

I was thinking along the lines of Ward being familiar with the Wade Phillips defense.

Plus it's $5 Mil. That's a huge bargain for a player of his caliber, even if he is slowing down.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
I'm just glad TJ didn't go to Pittsburgh.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Coldforge posted:

The problem with Gabbert is that he's almost as bad as those guys, but he has some sort of voodoo magic that convinces coaches he's a viable long term option, and he's suddenly your starting QB for an entire season-plus.

He's the devil.

He was still better than the $126 million dollar man Colin Kaepernick, who is now out of the league

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Objectively he is isn't.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Why did the niners let Jeremy Kerley go? I thought he was like one of the few (ok two) bright spots last season (besides Hyde)?

Maggot Soup
Aug 18, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

Why did the niners let Jeremy Kerley go? I thought he was like one of the few (ok two) bright spots last season (besides Hyde)?

Age. The guy who took his roster spot plays the slot better, and is 5 years younger.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Maggot Soup posted:

Age. The guy who took his roster spot plays the slot better, and is 5 years younger.

lol better

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Leperflesh posted:

They're hitting a hard-rear end reset and all toss-ups went to the younger guy

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hmm OK. I didn't realize how old Kerley was (he was completely off my radar till last year).

Oh he's only 28, that's... not really that old for a receiver, though? But whatever, he's leaving a 2-win team from last year to join a 2-win team for this year, poor bastard.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Leperflesh posted:

Hmm OK. I didn't realize how old Kerley was (he was completely off my radar till last year).

Oh he's only 28, that's... not really that old for a receiver, though? But whatever, he's leaving a 2-win team from last year to join a 2-win team for this year, poor bastard.

His replacement is a draft pick by the new regime and also returns punts, so it was basically inevitable as long as he didn't poo poo himself in preseason play.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
The gently caress is this?

http://www.seattlepi.com/sports/football/article/Seahawks-unveil-strange-new-logo-12175465.php

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
There's no way that took longer than 30 seconds in Photoshop

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

This looks like those godforsaken foam hats they sell that should be illegal to wear inside stadiums.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

tk posted:

This looks like those godforsaken foam hats they sell that should be illegal to wear inside stadiums.

It looks like something Seahawks fans are immediately going to have vinyl'd onto the hood of their raised pickup truck.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Maggot Soup
Aug 18, 2005

Looks like a reversed Redwings logo, lmao.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Looks like it is based on a design used on totem poles to represent eagles.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
It's a shame they're not using the old Sadhawk anymore because the masks it was based off of look way cooler from the front

Who wouldn't want to slap that badboy decal on their car?

Vhak lord of hate fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Sep 7, 2017

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I'd slap a decal of that shoe on the my car.

DaFrugalGamer
Aug 6, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

F*** the haters, that is cool

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

:gary::gizz:

Go Hawks!

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I saw that on social media and thought it was bad fan art. :staredog:

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Even though I know it's symmetrical it still looks lopsided.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Coldforge posted:

It looks like something Seahawks fans are immediately going to have vinyl'd onto the hood of their raised pickup truck.

I got it tatted on my tip. I am very cool.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Schwack posted:

I got it tatted on my tip. I am very cool.

Too bad you'll blow it in the final seconds.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

AARON DONALD IS IN

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

AARON DONALD IS IN

I saw that a few hours ago. So happy.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
The Rams will still somehow go 9-7.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Niners going all the way (to the end of the regular season, finishing with a 4-12 record)

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

rjmccall posted:

Niners going all the way (to the end of the regular season, finishing with a 4-12 record)

I'd be okay with this. I am at peace with our badness

Cascadia Pirate
Jan 18, 2011
I kind of think the 49ers won't be complete garbage and think the Rams might be competent. But, I also think the Seahawks will be good but not great so it's hard to divorce reason from Seattle sports pessimism.

Also, I have no idea on the Cardinals what so ever. They honestly could win the division or be in last place and I would not be surprised.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

its all nice on rice posted:

The Rams will still somehow go 9-7.

That would be their best season in like ten years

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Looking forward to seeing if Goff develops

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Rams had the best performance of the division today, which is not something I would've expected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Benne posted:

Rams had the best performance of the division today, which is not something I would've expected.

Nobody expected that. I loved it. The Rams officially kicked the Fisher era and culture out the door.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

• Locked thread