Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
This looks safe right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Theres a god drat grasshopper gangbang in my trailer

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

I know you're only using the center of your shelter roof (which is not sturdy) to raise the thing so you can block it up properly. I know this.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Okay so pretending the hitch is the "front grill," we have total slack on LF, RF, and LR cables. RR cable is tight and under tension.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Tremek is AIer of the year, no contest.

Bad news: The bike was definitely stolen by a Greyhound employee.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
wHERE'D THE VAN GO?????

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Note to self it will absolutely be possible to lock myself out of the trailer

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Rhyno posted:

wHERE'D THE VAN GO?????

It ascended to Vanhalla. SHINY AND CHROME!

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

wHERE'D THE VAN GO?????

Needed it for the Gargant

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

DICK DICER posted:

Okay so pretending the hitch is the "front grill," we have total slack on LF, RF, and LR cables. RR cable is tight and under tension.

Well presumably the distribution block cracked and three of the four cables were released, because no way could have 3 of the 4 cables broken at the same time. How much does the top weigh? If the distribution block is the problem, and the threaded rod isn't stripped, and the RR corner still seems to want to raise/lower, maybe you could secure the other 3 cables to the block somehow just to get it up. Once it's up you should probably find a way to hold up the LF corner (opposite to the one cable that works), or even better, all four corners.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Thread needs a new name.

A truck; Bad decisions, Good samaritans, gently caress Greyhound.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

stevobob posted:

Well presumably the distribution block cracked and three of the four cables were released, because no way could have 3 of the 4 cables broken at the same time. How much does the top weigh? If the distribution block is the problem, and the threaded rod isn't stripped, and the RR corner still seems to want to raise/lower, maybe you could secure the other 3 cables to the block somehow just to get it up. Once it's up you should probably find a way to hold up the LF corner (opposite to the one cable that works), or even better, all four corners.

Theres some sort of hosed up bent little ratchet key metal piece that fell out of the central crank, no noise any more and it feels like its freewheeeling. The two crank spots are still connected to each other

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

DICK DICER posted:

Note to self it will absolutely be possible to lock myself out of the trailer
That sounds like a challenge

Does sound like the distribution block cracked/failed. If you can manually pull the cables and lock them in place it may work temporarily but it'll be very hard to pull those without a hydraulic assist of some kind. Maybe you could hook them on something then leverage them. Also check the tracks the thing slides up, if one corner is lifting first it'll bind up the rest of the mechanism. Worst case use the jack and pole method in each corner then find some boards to stick in each corner.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

ExplodingSims posted:

Everybody needs to look at the AI Facebook page like right now.

Link? My dumb rear end doesn't seem to be able to find it.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

wesleywillis posted:

Link? My dumb rear end doesn't seem to be able to find it.

https://www.facebook.com/david.blomquist.5/videos/g.180737692131890/1507524522662667/?type=2&theater&ifg=1

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
https://youtu.be/qtnW8w3e-7Q

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

code:
The link you followed may have expired, or the page may only be visible to an audience you're not in.
Do you have a link for the group page?

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Alighieri posted:

code:
The link you followed may have expired, or the page may only be visible to an audience you're not in.
Do you have a link for the group page?

This is the AI page:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/180737692131890/?multi_permalinks=694297814109206&notif_t=group_activity&notif_id=1504994313632450

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Can't wait to learn something about the horror of tent trailers. Send part numbers as you need them.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Since it is dick's new home, will it be infested with black widows?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Correction: all 4 cables slack under trailer, RR cable tight inside telescoping column only. Defatting my skin right now

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

This is it

This is the countdown to extinction

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

DICK DICER posted:

Theres some sort of hosed up bent little ratchet key metal piece that fell out of the central crank, no noise any more and it feels like its freewheeeling. The two crank spots are still connected to each other

From the little diagram:

when you say freewheeling, like, there is no chain connection between the crank and the bottom center "axle"?

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

All four cables being slack is GOOD. That means that if you can rig up the lift mechanism it should lift all four corners.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Finally got all 4 corners to at least lower together the same

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

If one corner was jammed, the distribution block is probably stripped of its threads from cranking on it, is my guess.

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Do you have a year and model for the trailer? Maybe we can look up parts for it. If we're lucky, it'll be an easy fix (lol nothing is ever)

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I dont think im ever going to get used to how panther piss leaves clean metal behind

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

DICK DICER posted:

I dont think im ever going to get used to how panther piss leaves clean metal behind

Is that really what it's called or what are you referencing?

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

shy boy from chess club posted:

Is that really what it's called or what are you referencing?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
7:30 local time im going live on facebook again to illustrate camper issues, its faster than pictures. That is in 20 minutes time from this post.

The future is now.

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

DICK DICER posted:

7:30 local time im going live on facebook again to illustrate camper issues, its faster than pictures. That is in 20 minutes time from this post.

The future is now.

Cool, I'm in and out but FB saves live videos for later viewing so I will watch it if I'm not here when you're live, and post my thoughts!

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
What exactly is panther piss?

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Wasabi the J posted:

What exactly is panther piss?

Oh young one, you have a lot to learn.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

ExplodingSims posted:

BTW, if anyone has supplies and/or hot sauce they want to send to Dave in the field, PM or email me for the address.

Explodingsims2@gmail.com

Hey, Dave, you want this sleeping bag? No sense in shipping it out that way if you're covered, otherwise I can chuck it on its way Monday morning.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Like 80 people have joined the AI FB group today.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

DICK DICER posted:

It can't possibly smell worse than what the implement shop called panther piss because jfc this poo poo reeks. Bought it on my principle of the less they spend on packaging and more they spend telling you how dangerous it is and I've never smelled anything like it. Literally like a cat box. Also it seems to go on sticky and doesn't just run off. Curious as to tomorrow's results.

this was the discovery of panther piss

click here for more: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3773374&userid=102069&perpage=40&pagenumber=3

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Sep 10, 2017

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

also, dave licked it a few minutes ago

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

stevobob posted:

also, dave licked it a few minutes ago

And promptly regretted it. Thoroughly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU