Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Three seconds on google, Payne. Also go gently caress yourself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Saint Sputnik posted:

I wanna see some from 1939 excusing American Nazis.

Following Kristallnacht, Father Coughlin argued repeatedly on air that that pogrom had been essentially justifiable self-defense, as Jewish-Bolshevik terror in the Soviet Union had murdered 20 million Christians and stolen 40 billion of Christian property.

To his surprise, this lead to many stations requiring him to submit his broadcasts to them prior to being aired for approval, and a few in/around New York even canceled his show.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

OldMemes posted:

Taking things Hillary has said or done out of context is basically a cottage industry now, they cling to them for years. 'Basket of deplorables' was her going 'hey republicans, don't throw your towel with with racists, you can be better than that' and they made it a badge of honour.

"What difference does it make" means she absolutely did Benghazi.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I touched the poop and commented on that Branco cartoon on Facebook. Here are his replies:

quote:

Sitting on your high horse with 2017 standards rabtert. Nobody today would trade the living standards of today for that of 200 years ago. Let's move together in peace love and harmony and stop wallowing in the past, blaming white people of today on all our problems - I know that doesn't fit your political agenda.

quote:

All races are guilty of atrocities to each other, some are just more politically correct than others.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

ratbert90 posted:

I touched the poop and commented on that Branco cartoon on Facebook. Here are his replies:

What, did you expect anything interesting from that mental rectum?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Yes. We have. They killed someone.

ratbert90 posted:

Branco:
Nobody today would trade the living standards of today for that of 200 years ago.
First of all, 1492 was slightly more than 200 years ago.
Second of all, I guess the only way he could make this stand was to compare modern living with all its science, medicine, and convenience to over the dimly-understood world of over half a millenia ago. Those are literally the only two options: go back in time to before Columbus lived to what I personally imagine life was like, or live in a post-genocidal world that hates you. No "modern day but without the slaughter of native peoples" option, I notice. Why address issues when you can strawman some alternative no one was even arguing for?

ratbert90 posted:

Still Branco:
Let's move together in peace love and harmony and stop wallowing in the past
"Stop wallowing in the past" advises man feeling no negative effects from the past. Surely the only thing holding native peoples back is the fact they won't stop griping!

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Throwing Turtles posted:

Part 1
Part 2

sheep-dodger posted:

Jeez, this letter is 40 years old and still could have been written today :smith:
"Peggy V. Beck is an American author known for her research on fool archetypes and ritual clowns."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peggy_V._Beck

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

https://twitter.com/LatuffCartoons/status/906604240507990016

This is fully my fetish

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Had to check the profile to make sure and got met with that hilarious Trump caricature.

Aside from that, Latuff looks like he's aged a whole hell of a lot.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

60% of what, you stupid rear end in a top hat?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

He's into threesomes :heysexy:

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Has anyone ever had a Pulitzer revoked?

If so, have they ever had two revoked?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

So what did Branco ever win two Pulitzers for anyhow?

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Neodoomium posted:

Has anyone ever had a Pulitzer revoked?

If so, have they ever had two revoked?

Never. Although apparently they considered it for a guy who ignored the plight of Ukraine under Stalin in the '30s.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

First time for everything!

(also it was Ramirez who won the two Pulitzers. Branco can't even win the 5th grade art prize)

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Groof.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Tinsley has such huge hang ups on natural bodily occurrences that he can't even handle talking to the one other person who wouldn't be put off by a dog pooping (that being another dog owner).

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Yeah rip.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Flashback sunday:

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Alhazred posted:

Flashback sunday:

Do people actually do that? Put their legs through the space between the armrests? As an absolute fatso that is literally inconceivable before reading this comic.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

toanoradian posted:

Do people actually do that? Put their legs through the space between the armrests? As an absolute fatso that is literally inconceivable before reading this comic.

I've seen people go with one, but two? That is nonsense, I can prove it mathematically.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I've almost certainly done it as a child with small legs

If I were Zelda-sized I'd probably still be doing it

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
That she is not a calm person is clear from her constantly shifting between weird chair positions, wasn't that the point?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Hihohe posted:

Theres needs to be another panel thats just the antifa member saying " well they have swastika armbands, confederate flags, and are yelling Jews wont replace us so close enough! "

I swear this is just "If they are so racist where are their white hoods"

I don't think so. It's just saying the mainstream media are ignoring antifa violence because it's counter to their narrative of attacking honest, all-American Nazi violence.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Man the old Zelda art is so much better. The new style is really lifeless in comparison.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

Obligatory:

Also can anyone tell me the 2 cartoons that this shithead won the Pulitzers for? I am tempted to look them up but then I may have an aneurysm.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

du -hast posted:

Also can anyone tell me the 2 cartoons that this shithead won the Pulitzers for? I am tempted to look them up but then I may have an aneurysm.

At a guess. Haven't actually checked.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

du -hast posted:

http://www.pulitzer.org/winners/michael-ramirez

quote:

For his provocative cartoons that rely on originality, humor and detailed artistry.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Everyone else who's won a Pulitzer should be really angry at that quote.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Xander77 posted:

At a guess. Haven't actually checked.

Is there a reason why Uncle Sam is wearing baggy clothes?

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

oh good, they give a cartoon arguing for torture as a reason for that Pulitzer:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Cloud Potato posted:

Stephen Collins:

Thank God for Stephen Collins

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

... Betsy DeVos?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Alhazred posted:

Because he sucks are drawing so he draws the clothing first then sticks body parts poking out of them

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

toanoradian posted:

Usually not in public places, but yeah

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Vib Rib posted:

Yes. We have. They killed someone.

'Not with sticks, so it doesn't count. :pseudo:'

It's really kind of disgusting how many of the conservative cartoonists (and talking heads, and radio people, and politicians, and...) have locked in their positions as 'defend Nazis' and 'antifa are the real threat'. Not entirely unexpected, but disgusting nonetheless.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Alhazred posted:

He's a poo poo artist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Prism posted:

'Not with sticks, so it doesn't count. :pseudo:'

It's really kind of disgusting how many of the conservative cartoonists (and talking heads, and radio people, and politicians, and...) have locked in their positions as 'defend Nazis' and 'antifa are the real threat'. Not entirely unexpected, but disgusting nonetheless.

Yeah. But it's fairly basic. Nazis don't represent a threat to them or the economic system that benefits rich white people. Sure, they're a bit brutish and rough, but since they mainly go after minorities and leftists, they are useful.

Antifa, on the other hand, being mainly associated with leftist movements, conjurs up true fear in the conservative mind. They are a direct threat.

• Locked thread