Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

That took no time at all!

Also none of the videos showed anything mechanical. It kept disconnecting.

The key might be under the trailer from when you were on the ground?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

DICK DICER posted:

Lost the trailer key :toot:

Good that you got that out of the way so you can stop worrying about it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Just cut your way back in

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Oh good. We got the important issues squared away then.

So, if anyone's still considering gift packs, donations, etc, I think we've kinda gotten a basic list together.
I took care of all the bike stuff/tools, although it looks like we could still use a set of gravel tires.

Food/bottled water will be useful, at least until his new card gets mailed out there. Preferably those dried survival kit tubs.

Most of all right now though, tools will be useful. I guess most of what he had was lost with Greyhound, so any kind of basic hand tools will useful. Sockets, screwdrivers, etc.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Rhyno posted:

Like 80 people have joined the AI FB group today.

I'm a number!

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

I was wondering why the hell we kept getting new member requests nonstop :v:

Reminder: Answer the drat questions so we know you're not some random bot.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
Dave, can that bike clear a 700x42? I f so, I got some used gravel tires.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

T1g4h posted:

I've never had to type I am protected before that felt really odd

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

T1g4h posted:

did i get it right?

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Plinkey posted:

did i get it right?

Honestly, as long as you put something vaguely related to this dead gay forum you're good :v:

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

TY for accepting my request. I feel loved. I feel...violated validated.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

DICK DICER posted:

This is it

This is the countdown to extinction

Saw this just before I took a walk to the local pub for a few beers.
I had a flash of inspiration and had most of it done before I got back.

Endangered poster, they stole his bike
Those greyhound fucks, no chance to fight
But dick is set he won't think twice,
he'll persevere and win this fight
Back to the field the battle is there
he'll drop some rear end without a care
Fix the truck that makes him a man
This whole ordeal we say "goddam"
We say goddam

Make this truck, make it run
No bullshit, just loving run
Why the gently caress won't it run?
THis is it, this is the countdown to extinction

Tell the truth, you wouldn't dare
But david, man, he does not care
His flatulence scares all of the birds
Make those loving wheels just turn
Wishing that his kitty was there
Camper is his brand new lair
His cars have burned in glorious blazes
this whole ordeal is so outrageous
So outrageous

This is it, this is the countdown to extinction

One month from now
AI prays that this truck
will be moving under its own power to florida
Forever, and we hope it is accelerating

This is it, this is the countdown to extinction

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Okay so listen to what i am about to say, and consider what ive done before.

Next time, i will always appreciate goon zeal and generosity, just loving get a used REI half dome. This trailer is legitimately dangerous to try to get set up on my own, as of yet can not be sealed against insects or weather, in high wind situations, with a top that is large, heavy, refuses to stay up, and i am legitimately uncomfortable at the idea of trusting the shoring up to be safe to sleep under.

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

Well...poo poo.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

I think there's a not completely unjustified sense that you can make any busted thing work.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Deteriorata posted:

I think there's a not completely unjustified sense that you can make any busted thing work.

Oh dont get me wrong im still sleeping in this bitch lmao

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008
Has Dave been on the Bridges to Butts Byway yet?

I think it's relevant to this thread

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Buy Acquire some unitstrut or angle iron, pound that poo poo into the ground, bolt to the top. Problem solved. :v:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Nail some 2x4s onto it in an x pattern. Triangles is strong.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

ExplodingSims posted:

Most of all right now though, tools will be useful. I guess most of what he had was lost with Greyhound, so any kind of basic hand tools will useful. Sockets, screwdrivers, etc.

PM me an address, I'm going to be sending my old Pittsburgh ratcheting wrenches at the very least, and I'll be going through my box to see if I can part with anything else, probably a few screwdrivers and pliers.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
A lot of new req's on the AI FB page, probably due to the link here. Remember to answer the questions.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Dave do you have any tools? Would something like one of those babbys basic cheapie mechanic tools sets be of any use right now?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Ive got a bunch of random un useful crap odds and ends and a gerber multitool. Also whoever asked about a sleeping bag yes i can use one

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Beach Bum posted:

PM me an address, I'm going to be sending my old Pittsburgh ratcheting wrenches at the very least, and I'll be going through my box to see if I can part with anything else, probably a few screwdrivers and pliers.

Yea this, I can part with stuff, in general what would be useful?

I got sockets, combos, need any electrical stuff like butt connectors? electrical tape?

shy boy from chess club fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Sep 10, 2017

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

DICK DICER posted:

Okay so listen to what i am about to say, and consider what ive done before.

Next time, i will always appreciate goon zeal and generosity, just loving get a used REI half dome. This trailer is legitimately dangerous to try to get set up on my own, as of yet can not be sealed against insects or weather, in high wind situations, with a top that is large, heavy, refuses to stay up, and i am legitimately uncomfortable at the idea of trusting the shoring up to be safe to sleep under.

Man Tremek has well over $500 in just the camper please try to get it sorted. We were trying to give you some semblance of safe shelter. Please try to explore those links that show how the lift works. If you need a part or something I can Amazon post here.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

DICK DICER posted:

Ive got a bunch of random un useful crap odds and ends and a gerber multitool. Also whoever asked about a sleeping bag yes i can use one

I'll get with Sims for the shipping address and send it out your way.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

everdave posted:

Man Tremek has well over $500 in just the camper please try to get it sorted. We were trying to give you some semblance of safe shelter. Please try to explore those links that show how the lift works. If you need a part or something I can Amazon post here.

Im not walking away from it, im saying ive gotten all 4 corners popped out, its heavy, windy, unstable, and most importantly im alone while trying to raise and level and support all four corners on uneven ground in the wind. I like the trailer, i legit want to get it working as it should, its just dangerous alone and needed to say something.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Let's just work through the problem, explore the cause of the fault and if you need a part or something let us know.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Well step one i need some quarter or 3/8 sockets and ratchets because i cant get the panel off as is

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

DICK DICER posted:

Well step one i need some quarter or 3/8 sockets and ratchets because i cant get the panel off as is

Text me your Valentine address I deleted it from Amazon will hit up Harbor Freight Monday

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

everdave posted:

Let's just work through the problem, explore the cause of the fault and if you need a part or something let us know.

Let's work the problem people, let's not make it worse by guessing.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

If they're telescopic struts, can you raise them one "step" at a time till its fully extended and then drive a tek screw through both steps until they're fully extended?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Dave do you like bbq sauces / what won't you put bbq on

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

I'm confused, which bike does Dave have right now? Also, does he have food to eat? :ohdear:

Thanks to whoever added me to the FB group.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

FBS posted:

I'm confused, which bike does Dave have right now? Also, does he have food to eat? :ohdear:

Tremek gave him a Trek bike, and bought him at least a week or two of meals (prepper type stuff from Sams
Or WalMart along with a whole poo poo ton of other stuff. Right now 14 has food that's not a worry for a bit.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

FBS posted:

Watch Dave's videos. He's got freeze-dried food he says is pretty good. The bike is one Tremek threw in when he went to get Dave. It's not Dave's bike, that's still orbiting the Earth somewhere.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I'm dumb and I can't find the fb group. What's it called?

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Snowy posted:

I'm dumb and I can't find the fb group. What's it called?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
ANSWER THE GODDAMNED QUESTIONS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

I don't have much to give but I know the ins and outs of Pizza Hut, if the Valentine PH manager is kosher with taking my CC over the phone I can spring for a hot pizza once or twice a week. They probably don't do delivery as small as the town is, but if you're cool with biking into town I can set it up as dine-in so you get unlimited refills on your drink. Will PM you my contact info on facebook.

• Locked thread