Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hot Stunt posted:

My[28m] fiance[27F] lied about liking spicy food. I planned engagement party around spicy food. Fiance is no longer speaking to me.

Zao Shen has seasoned you with his blessing and now, from this meal forth, you will be free of a deciever. Celebrate your vast fortune and on the 23rd of the month of the next lunar new year make your favorite dish in thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
There's an update about that cheating father who tried to bribe his daughter to silence with an XBone:

I [15F] told my mom about my dad [45M] cheating and I am now worried about the future and what will happen to me and my sister.

quote:

So, I forgot to mention that last semester, I got all A's and my parents had promised me to buy the Xbox One. Yet, my dad told us that money was tight and that he would buy it when possible.

He suddenly offered to buy it once I caught him cheating on my mom. At the store, I told him that he has a week to tell mom or I would tell her. He said that he will tell her asap, which he never did.

Yesterday, I summoned all my courage to tell mom. I stuttered a lot and had trouble talking to her. When I apologized to my mom for not telling her sooner, she hugged me told me that it was not my fault. She got furious at Dad and he yelled at me for selling him out. I told him that he shouldn't have cheated and that the Xbox One would NOT have stopped me from telling her. (We agreed on this at the store). He broke a plate in anger, which woke up and scared me and my sister.

My dad then packed up his things and left us. My sister begged him not to go, but he left. My mom trash talks about him and wants to divorce him. Me and my sister are scared of the future and how the divorce will affect us.

I am also developing a mistrust towards other men. I fear having a boyfriend who will leave me for a younger and prettier girl like how my dad did. My dad said that he cheated 3 times before I caught him, all with women in their 20s. How can I get over this mistrust?

TL;DR : Told mom that dad cheated and he left us, and mom will divorce him. I am afraid of the future for me and my sister and I am beginning to distrust men. What do i do now?

:smith:

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Hot Stunt posted:

My[28m] fiance[27F] lied about liking spicy food. I planned engagement party around spicy food. Fiance is no longer speaking to me.

quote:

I followed to comfort her and ask why she lied and she threw up in the parking lot (not even in the grass).

Dodged a bullet there. You should never marry someone that can't hold their vomit in until they at least reach grass.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Hot Stunt posted:

This sounds less like lying and more like not having a good handle on her actual heat tolerance before setting up a :siren: SPICIEST DISHES OF ALL TIME :siren: menu for her.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Haifisch posted:

I mean, it wasn't stuff she uses every day. I figured I could get it down for her when she wanted it. I have a hard time getting to the microwave- it's on top of the fridge- and she can't reach it at all, but I don't complain.

She makes tacos and stuff- we had great ones the other week. I mostly tell her what I like and she makes a weekly menu to sort of factor in budget and make only one store run. It's just always super late for dinner- she got in at 11 last night, for example- and I get hungry in between. I'm a big guy- I eat a lot. And cereal and sandwiches don't always cut it.

I didn't know that about pregnancy nausea, but she's not acting like she has in the past. Usually it hits her so hard she barely has time to make it to the toilet, but with this, she locked the door.

:10bux: says he's aiming to be a programmer. He just has that cluelessness about him.
[/quote]

Programmer.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Haifisch posted:

This sounds less like lying and more like not having a good handle on her actual heat tolerance before setting up a :siren: SPICIEST DISHES OF ALL TIME :siren: menu for her.

She shouted at him after the parking lot puke she hates spices and ghosted him so I dont think this is the dinner rubbing her the wrong way and her sizzling under pressure, this is a five alarm red flag.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Me [25 F] with my BF's [25 M - 6yrs] sister [23 F], fooled around and now I'm conflicted.

quote:

Throwaway for obvious reasons. Sorry for the long post.

Although I've know my bf & her sister for over 8 years, I've never hung out with my bf's sister alone until recently and she was having relationship issues with this guy she's seeing. We got drunk (not an excuse) and we kind of had a heart to heart about relationships. She kissed me out of nowhere and I love her to pieces and always wanted to develop a closer friendship with her so I didn't stop her, and one thing led to another.

I always was curious about girls but I never experimented and my relationship with my bf has been mostly fantastic in the last 6 years, we live together now.

Now that I think back, when my bf and I discussed cheating, when I bring up the fact that I might be interested in having a threesome with a girl or experimenting with a girl, he (jokingly?) told me that he'd rather not know about it, and that he made it clear he was NOT interested in a threesome.

But now that this happened, I feel like maybe I should come clean because it would be bad if he found out about this from his sister or someone else? The added weirdness that it's his sister also makes me cringe and makes me feel like I don't want to tell him and to just bring it to the grave? I have no romantic feelings for his sister and in the moment I didn't want to hurt her and make her feel rejected it but in hindsight it might have been a very stupid thing for me to have done. I can't say I didn't enjoy it but I'm now pretty sure I'm not interested in women since the sparks and chemistry I feel with my bf is incomparable.

Any advice is appreciated. I feel like I hosed up and shouldn't have given in, but I just really don't know what to think now, reddit please help. My goal is to not destroy my relationship, as I know for a fact that he is the one for me, and I just need advice on how to make this not awkward in the future (if that's possible) with the sister, and on how to proceed.

tl;dr: My bf's sister came on to me when she was drunk and I didn't stop her because I didn't want to anger her / wanted to please her. Should tell my bf I hosed up?

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Me [25 F] with my BF's [25 M - 6yrs] sister [23 F], fooled around and now I'm conflicted.

quote:

in hindsight it might have been a very stupid thing for me to have done.

:thunk:

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

you made out with your boyfriend's sister, either take that to the grave or prepare to break up

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Gluten Freeman posted:

you made out with your boyfriend's sister, either take that to the grave or prepare to break up

They hosed.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
The only answer to cheating on bf with bf's sister, is "fuuuuck you".

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Bf [32] of 3.5 years became furious when I [f34.5] presented a timeline I have for a proposal. Red flags, or is it me? (self.relationships)

quote:

Apologies for the ramble, this is such an emotive issue for me.

TLDR- boyfriend(32) and I (f34) of 3.5 yrs are broke, blames lack of proposal on me, and became angry tonight when I gave him a deadline of March 2018 to propose by. Is his reaction a sign he doesn't actually want to marry me?

My boyfriend (32m) of over 3 and a half years has not proposed yet. I need to think timelines because at 34 years old, 35 in May, my bio timescale is something I'm not in control of.

My ideals are not to commit to buying our first home together until we are married, and I would prefer to have a child after becoming married. I don't even know how fertile I am, but am painfully aware that as the years creep up, my fertility and quality of my eggs are declining.

Over the past year, I had to take a year out, following a breakdown whilst in an incredibly stressful job. Instead, I worked morning shifts and evening shifts in a setting I have been trained for, and for this year the only regular and reliable source of income was my bf's job. I made enough to cover my portion of rent, the council tax, etc. Anxiety and depression meant that I found it hard to have energy to eat, let alone play the part of "housewife" and do the lion's share of cleaning/tidying etc, but I did my best.

Tonight, after a tense discussion about timelines, I mentioned that next March is my cut off date for him to propose. He pointed out that the reason for the delay is on me: (he can't seem to empathise with the exhaustion, anxiety and depression I struggle with), my conduct during the last year when I was barely eating (I'm 5ft 8 with a weight of 8stone) because my anxiety (medicated by venlafaxine 225mg per day) was psychosomatic, according to him. I turned to weed to get an appetite and have since stopped using. He's not been able to save for a ring, for whatever number of reasons. I'd be happy for a haribo or placeholder for as long as need be. This is not acceptable to him.

He has said that until I cut down on my meds (I really can't do this as I don't produce enough serotonin), eat properly, and quit my occasional smoking habit, it's all on me that he's not proposed. I've cut down on my smoking and I'm hoping to be free of it by October.

As I gave him the deadline date of March (£10 per week from now until then means he'd have £230 for a ring- which I'm more than happy to chip in towards, but he declines). His idea is that he wants to spend £1500, and we have no savings: because I found my previous job too stressful. I'd be delighted with a thoughtful gesture and a cheap ring, but he says that it's not how he wants do it. I'd even take up a pay monthly option to enable this.

I'm frustrated that it's all put on me and my behaviour and feel like he sees my stress/anxiety as all in my mind and no excuse for my "lazy behaviour" of the past year.

Since July, I've been offered a position at least until April, with the big possibility of it becoming permanent. I'd be on £34,000 plus as I am now since starting last week, and over the summer I have been proactive with going to the gym to try and build muscle, overcoming social anxiety and joining a board games group locally, (which he can't join in with as it's a night he raids on Warcraft), a Sunday d&d group he doesn't want to join with me, and instead spends his downtime playing WoW or on my PS4. He has gained 3.6 stone during our relationship, and is reluctant to change his lifestyle to get healthier. He spends 5+ hours daily in front of his pc/or PS4 and has no friends apart from my bro and three friends my bro and I grew up with.

He knows how important a timeline is for me, but seems content with things as they are. He became furious and shouty when I mentioned tonight that if I don't get a proposal by March, then we need to go our separate ways. He's categorically blamed the fact that we're not already engaged on my "year off" when I was crippled with stress and anxiety, and the fact I'm still on meds which he can't appreciate the importance of. We had an early miscarriage (accidental conception) in May. I'll never forget this.

If I did leave in March, I'd need time to heal, meet someone new, save etc etc before I can consider attempting to conceive a child. I'm 35 in 8 months, so would potentially be 39 by the time I become a mum. (Something I'm looking forward to, should I be able to conceive).

I feel that we should be so much further ahead than we are now, as there's nothing coming from him. Proposing to him is something he would not be happy with.

Reddit, I'm not perfect, but in your opinion, am I being unreasonable?

He will never propose to you. :sever: or open the relationship.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

quote:

because my anxiety (medicated by venlafaxine 225mg per day) was psychosomatic, according to him
:sever: before he reveals other hosed up beliefs like "depressed people just need to smile more" and "I'm so OCD because I organize things sometimes."

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Admiral Ray posted:

Bf [32] of 3.5 years became furious when I [f34.5] presented a timeline I have for a proposal. Red flags, or is it me? (self.relationships)

He will never propose to you. :sever: or open the relationship.

They both sound insufferable, so they should never break up, for fear of harming others.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Barudak posted:

She shouted at him after the parking lot puke she hates spices and ghosted him so I dont think this is the dinner rubbing her the wrong way and her sizzling under pressure, this is a five alarm red flag.
"ghost pepper" was right there, but I'll settle for "five alarm red flag"

Also in a thread full of sitcom stories this is the sitcommiest. She even started crying after the third course and he assumed she was happy slash just eating spices that do that :allears:

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Admiral Ray posted:

They hosed.

omg lol they did, i wasn't reading closely enough. lady, run the hell away right now, there's no coming back from that

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I [25F] loathe my boyfriend's [32M] son [11M]... is this relationship doomed?

quote:

Hi Reddit, I am hoping for your insight into my relationship with my boyfriend, Dean (32M), and his son. Both Dean and I are bringing children (the cutest baggage) into the relationship: Dean’s son, Randall (11M), and my son, Jake (8M). For background, Dean and his ex had a 40/60 custody arrangement, and my son lives with me full-time except for occasional visitation with his father.

Dean and I had dated for two years from the time Jake was 2-4, and Randall was 5-7. I only met Randall a handful of times in the last six months of our relationship, but even from that limited exposure he was… overwhelming. If we would take the kids to an indoor play park to run around, Randall would ignore any rules Dean tried to put in place and terrorize other kids who got on his ‘bad side’. He was friendly to Jake and generally respectful towards me, as I left it up to Dean to enforce rules and punishments. I occasionally heard stories from Dean about Randall being in trouble at school for doing things like hitting and throwing scissors at his teachers (!?). Dean would insist that he had an issue with authority figures, but did not act that way at home.

I also had a lot of sympathy for the kid: he didn’t have any friends at school or in the neighborhood he lived in, had been moved around a bunch (in the six years I have known Dean, he’s moved five times), and both of his parents were in new relationships. I thought he might be angry and defiant because deep down he was insecure. But when I suggested Dean sign Randall up for activities or camps so he could meet new friends, Dean said he had tried that and Randall would get told not to come back after a couple of days because of his difficult behavior.

We broke up for a couple of years for unrelated reasons, but started spending time together again in 2015. We took it slow (again), and for the first year Dean didn’t really bring Randall up in conversation unless I asked about him, so I assumed his behavioral issues were just an age thing that he’d outgrown.

Wrong.

We have had about half a dozen ‘play dates’ with the boys in the last year, and every single one as left me wanting strangle Randall. He is in grade six and acts worse than my barely-8-year-old. At the trampoline park, he got offended by a child much younger than him hitting him with a foam ball (in the dodgeball area of the park, mind you) and proceeded to target the poor kid for the rest of the time we were there. Pelting him with balls as hard as he could, getting in his way so he couldn’t jump, and calling him names until the kid left. Dean got irate and yelled at Randall, but this did nothing to help the situation: Jake left to play in another part of the park until our time ran out, and Randall’s mood was ruined by this perceived slight for the rest of the day. It is like this with everything: Randall feels “disrespected” by someone, and obsesses over it for the rest of the day. I loving hate this behavior, but was able to keep my mouth shut until he directed it at Jake this weekend.

Dean suggested we take the boys out to his parents’ cabin this weekend for an early lunch and maybe a game of mini golf afterwards. I did not really want to spend an entire day with Randall (it’s an hour drive out to the lake), but since it was the last time we would be able to see his parents before they went south for the winter, I agreed. On the drive out this morning, Randall was pushing Dean’s buttons as usual (refusing to turn down the volume on his tablet, or if music was playing on the radio that he “didn’t like” he would sing along in obnoxious voices to ruin the song for everyone) but gently caress it, Jake has his lovely days too, so I ignored it.

We get out to the cabin, and after half an hour the boys decide to venture down to the play park half a block away. After about twenty minutes, Randall comes back fuming and claiming Jake swore at him. Jake initially denies it, but then admits he called Randall a loving jerk for trying to push him off the merry-go-round while it was spinning and spitting on his shoes on purpose. Both boys get reprimanded by their respective parent: Randall for spitting, and Jake for swearing. But the fact that Randall got in trouble at all sets. Him. Off. He loses it in front of everyone in attendance, and locks himself in Dean’s vehicle for the next hour. Dean goes out to the truck and blows up on him, tries to pull him out of the car, etc., but this just makes Randall dig his heels in more. I went out after half an hour thinking I could diffuse the situation by giving him his tablet and letting him know I will bring him out his lunch to eat there if he would prefer, but Randall locks the car doors so I can’t open the door and speak wth him. Whatever.

He emerges about half an hour before we leave, stomps around the cabin, scowls at Jake when he apologizes for swearing at him, and is a general miserable cloud on an otherwise nice afternoon with my boyfriend’s parents.

We start the awkward drive home with Randall in the front passenger seat and me sitting beside Jake, and Dean decided to drive through DQ and treat the boys to slushies… which, in any other situation I would appreciate, but I can tell you if Jake gave me half the loving attitude Randall had shown in the last four hours, he would be drinking a glass of DQ’s finest tap water while I enjoyed my MooLatte.

And that is where I’m at now. Still upset several hours after the fact, and trying to think of how I can approach my concerns with Dean. I have no empathy left for Randall. Until I can see marked improvements in his behavior, I don’t want to spend any time around him with or without Jake, and I can’t see my relationship with Dean progressing to the next level with him around. Dean made a joke today on the drive out about the volume level in the car, and how we should “add two more” to the pack, and my blood ran cold: I can’t imagine being tied to Randall in such a permanent way. And I really, truly don’t think Dean sees his behavior for what it is. On days like today he will mention that he “never acts like this”, even though every play date we have had ends with Randall in a rage. He will also make comparisons between Jake’s tantrums (which are pretty average for a kid his age) and Randall’s… even though Jake is four years younger, and will fume for 20-30 minutes then apologize and continue with his day, whereas Randall will obsess and not let things go for hours afterwards.

So I get to the final questions: is it a death knell for our relationship if I tell Dean we will not be living together until Randall is graduated and out of his house? How can I talk to him constructively about how he approaches Randall’s tantrums, without him feeling attacked? Am I awful for not wanting to do “family” trips or vacations with his son… ever?

Please, Reddit, help me find the words and courage to approach Dean about this, hopefully in a way that means we can navigate our way through this and stay together!

TL;DR // I have been dating my boyfriend for four years and it is getting to the point that I can't spend time around his son because of his bratty, explosive behavior. Am I a monster for wanting to not live together or make attempts to "blend" our family until his son is grown and out of the house?

Yes.. :ssh:

Hello Ketene
Dec 30, 2011

Hot Stunt posted:

:sparkles: tee hee I like spicy mayo

:downs: I'm gonna surprise her with a poorly planned 8 course meal based entirely on ghost peppers

lol this guy sounds like a massive idiot

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Esoteric Scientist posted:

:sparkles: tee hee I like spicy mayo

:downs: I'm gonna surprise her with a poorly planned 8 course meal based entirely on ghost peppers

lol this guy sounds like a massive idiot

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

Fallen Rib

Hot Stunt posted:

It's better they got this out of the way now, if they got married she would've just ended up cheating on him with the milk man.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Hot Stunt posted:

My [26M] fiancée [26F] ghosted me a month ago (left me in the middle of my sister's wedding reception) and I'm not over it.

quote:

My [26M] fiancée [26F] ghosted me a month ago. I’m posting this with a throwaway account because I don’t want this mess and baggage on my main, because I do know people who know my reddit account in real life. As I said, my fiancée ghosted me a month ago. We were together for just over 2 years and we had been engaged for a month. We had also lived together for 6 months. The lease for her apartment ran out at the end of December last year, so she moved in with me because my lease isn’t up until the end of July and we planned after that to move into a bigger place together after that.

My sister [29F] got married a month ago at the end of June. My fiancée and me attended the wedding. It was kind of out in the country in the middle of nowhere at an old farm and outdoor garden with cabins to stay in like hotels. The wedding was on a Saturday but we decided to go up Friday and come home Monday night and make a long weekend out of it since all my family and cousins were going to be there and it would be a chance for us all to catch up after the wedding. The wedding was nice and the reception was great. But my fiancée left during the reception. I wasn’t sure where she was but she wasn’t back at our cabin. I had accidentally left my phone at home so I couldn’t get in touch with her. A couple of people told me she said she was taking a cab home (which would have been hours and hundreds of dollars). When I got back to our place the following Monday she was gone. Her stuff was gone and she had left behind the ring and her wiped cell phone (I paid for her phone on my plan). I had no way to call or text her because she left her phone and her email account was also deactivated. I tried contacting her family or friends that I know but they either wouldn’t tell me or said they didn’t know. I found out afterward that she had paid the last month of rent on our place and given the super back her key. She had him do a walk-through of our place to show that nothing was broken or wrecked and told him she was moving out and wouldn’t be renewing the lease and I could keep the deposit. It’s been a rough road. I still miss her and sometimes I forgot she is gone when I first get home. I haven’t seen or talked to her since the reception. I have no idea where she is living or working (she had just finished college a couple of months before the wedding, and she’s no longer at her part time job and I don’t know if she’s working somewhere else) so I can’t even talk to her or try to get closure. I have had breakups before but they were never bad and I’ve never been ghosted before.

EDIT: (We did have a fight at the reception. My fiancée was upset because all the food had almonds…almond bread, beef or chicken with almond sauce, almond mashed potatoes, green beans with almond sauce, almond chef salad, and almond and whipped cream cake for dessert…and she is allergic to almonds. She got upset because none of the food was almond free. She wanted me to confront my sister and parents [57M/51F] over the menu because it was a different menu before they knew about her allergy but didn’t give her an option for dinner and changed all the food to stuff with almonds after she told them. I didn’t want to confront my sister at her own wedding and it was a ridiculous claim that my sister and parents would make a whole menu just to exclude my fiancée. When I asked them later on they said they made the changes because they thought the guests would like those things better and they never meant to exclude my fiancée. The last text she sent me was how I didn't care about her and I had just proved it)

tl;dr My [26M] fiancée [26F] ghosted me. She left in the middle of my sister’s wedding reception and when I got home after the wedding she and her stuff was gone. I don’t know where she is and haven’t seen or talked to her in a month. I’m not over her and I’m hurt and I miss her.

Moron OP posted:

No one else had any allergies and everyone said they enjoyed the dinner. My parents and sister told me they didn't mean to exclude her and it was an oversight.

They said it was an oversight, I don't know why she was so upset??? :confused:

Moron OP posted:

Thank you for actually being objective. My family says the same thing and that it's better it happened before she and I got married. I still miss her though. I didn't like that she made such a big thing of it. There was going to be a breakfast in the morning and I verified there wouldn't have been any almond stuff then and she could have had plenty to eat. I can't believe she ghosted me though, she never seemed like the type.

He apparently was going to make her wait until the next morning to have food even though there was literally nothing at dinner safe for her to eat. Also, it sounds like the fiancee disappeared on Saturday and OP still stayed around and came back on Monday as scheduled.

Porfiriato fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Sep 10, 2017

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
The best thing about spicy food guy is he doesn't know which spelling of "course" to use and so alternates them seemingly at random throughout the story.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
That said, I genuinely think that cowardice is the moral crisis of our time. loving address things, Jesus Christ.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

"Parents attempted to poison my girlfriend, now she's mad at me???????????????

Internet please help"

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

Pick posted:

That said, I genuinely think that cowardice is the moral crisis of our time. loving address things, Jesus Christ.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
the man is allowed to heat up a hot pocket in his home while his wife is at work

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

the man is allowed to heat up a hot pocket in his home while his wife is at work

he's the man of the house

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!

Gluten Freeman posted:

omg lol they did, i wasn't reading closely enough. lady, run the hell away right now, there's no coming back from that

Do not date lovely parents. Tell them that the reason you will not date them is that they are lovely parents.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I [25F] loathe my boyfriend's [32M] son [11M]... is this relationship doomed?

Yes.. :ssh:

JFC, woman. I don't have kids and even I can tell the poor kid is upset that his parents won't be getting back together, now he's having a little brother forced on him, plus a 'new' mother whose attitude towards him couldn't be clearer if she wore a neon sign around her neck. Of course he's acting up. The kid needs therapy and she needs a heart.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Khazar-khum posted:

JFC, woman. I don't have kids and even I can tell the poor kid is upset that his parents won't be getting back together, now he's having a little brother forced on him, plus a 'new' mother whose attitude towards him couldn't be clearer if she wore a neon sign around her neck. Of course he's acting up. The kid needs therapy and she needs a heart.

He's been acting up for SIX loving YEARS. Kid sucks, dad sucks.

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS

Known Lecher posted:

My [26M] fiancée [26F] ghosted me a month ago (left me in the middle of my sister's wedding reception) and I'm not over it.

They said it was an oversight, I don't know why she was so upset??? :confused:

He apparently was going to make her wait until the next morning to have food even though there was literally nothing at dinner safe for her to eat. Also, it sounds like the fiancee disappeared on Saturday and OP still stayed around and came back on Monday as scheduled.
Yeah, she was pretty inconsiderate to ghost the guy after having been in a relationship with him for two years, but other than that she oozes with class.
She didn't make a scene at the wedding, she left quietly.
She didn't rely on anyone but herself to get back home.
She emptied the apartment of her belongings (and apparently only her belongings) quickly and efficiently.
She returned the engagement ring without even being asked.
She volunteered a full month of rent she didn't really have to pay.

It sounds like the guy had been neglecting her pretty severely for a while, and him ignoring the fact that she was stuck at a wedding reception in the middle of nowhere with nothing to eat was just the straw that broke her back. You have to take someone for granted pretty heavily to not notice their disappearance from a party you're supposedly attending with them. And a massive rear end to react with "oh, she went home? Well I'll see her on Monday I guess. I don't have my phone and no other phone in the world can call hers so my hands are tied."

I hope the commenters are tearing him a new one.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

She didn't actually ghost him. She just dumped him. When someone texts you "It's obvious you don't actually care about me." And then doesn't respond to any of your messages after something like that, you have been broken up with. They don't need to write a loving message in the sky with an essay on how they're breaking up with you.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
It takes some serious work to get almonds into every single course. Like, there's no way they didn't do that on purpose. I bet one of them thinks she'd not allergic at all and did this to prove it.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

HerStuddMuffin posted:

Yeah, she was pretty inconsiderate to ghost the guy after having been in a relationship with him for two years, but other than that she oozes with class.
She didn't make a scene at the wedding, she left quietly.
She didn't rely on anyone but herself to get back home.
She emptied the apartment of her belongings (and apparently only her belongings) quickly and efficiently.
She returned the engagement ring without even being asked.
She volunteered a full month of rent she didn't really have to pay.

Not only all of that, but ghosting to the level of having the apartment manager do a walk-through after she'd moved out and wiping their shared phone. I dare say this is almost Pete tier ghosting as far as ghostings go.

quote:

It sounds like the guy had been neglecting her pretty severely for a while, and him ignoring the fact that she was stuck at a wedding reception in the middle of nowhere with nothing to eat was just the straw that broke her back. You have to take someone for granted pretty heavily to not notice their disappearance from a party you're supposedly attending with them. And a massive rear end to react with "oh, she went home? Well I'll see her on Monday I guess. I don't have my phone and no other phone in the world can call hers so my hands are tied."

Not only all that, but the guy made it sound like he even took his family's side on the whole dinner thing (which was about as blatant a gently caress-you to his fiancee as there is, changing the catering menu after being told she had an almond allergy to make sure everything up to and including the loving mashed potatoes had almonds in it). Not only was this probably the final straw in a long string of bullshit, but she most likely had visions flashing before her eyes of what the rest of her life was going to be like with in-laws that are this passive aggressive and a husband this spineless/clueless. I would have seriously considered ghosting in that situation as well.

Moron OP, again posted:

Thanks man. I'm just feeling it because I never saw it coming and she was excited about the engagement and us getting a bigger place and she brought me a watch for our engagement and some Red Sox tickets and the night before the wedding she gave me a massage was all lovely dovey. She acted it so well, I never even saw this coming.

quote:

loving Masshole. She dodged a huge bullet.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Fil5000 posted:

It takes some serious work to get almonds into every single course. Like, there's no way they didn't do that on purpose. I bet one of them thinks she'd not allergic at all and did this to prove it.

What is it with people who treat food allergies like some kind of personal affront, or assume it's the dreaded picky eater and become near homicidal over the mere idea of it

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Inescapable Duck posted:

What is it with people who treat food allergies like some kind of personal affront, or assume it's the dreaded picky eater and become near homicidal over the mere idea of it

I guess a number of people claim to have allergies and really don't, so that must mean that nobody does.

Multilake
Dec 11, 2016

If you're in a jam, a crayon scrunched under your nose makes a good pretend moustache.

The Ferret King posted:

I guess a number of people claim to have allergies and really don't, so that must mean that nobody does.

Good example here is gluten! The affected percentage is insanely low, but somehow a lot of "healthy" people state that it's better to avoid it, without any indicator why to do so.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Multilake posted:

Good example here is gluten! The affected percentage is insanely low, but somehow a lot of "healthy" people state that it's better to avoid it, without any indicator why to do so.

Better add it in to everyone's food just to be sure you aren't getting bamboozled.

(I'm a 3%er)

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS

The Ferret King posted:

Better add it in to everyone's food just to be sure you aren't getting bamboozled.

(I'm a 3%er)
Exactly. I get that there are people who use "I'm allergic to X" when they mean "I'm a moron who has built their identity around never trying X" but how does that justify other assholes taking it upon themselves to test whether the allergy is real or not? Who gives a gently caress? And how petty do you have to be to risk poisoning someone just to prove a point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

Multilake posted:

"Oh I just feel so much less bloated, just lighter!"

I'll take The Placebo Effect please. Or just eating less pasta and bread than you did before because now it costs you four times as much.

:hf: