Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Jamesman posted:

In other news, ProJared and his wife were attending PAX, and while they were away, a pipe burst in their home and caused a significant amount of damage, including unleashing a bunch of asbestos into the air. They're trying to get everything fixed, but it's uninhabitable at the moment.

And they were about to move anyway, so now they have to do both at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
I just did an asbestos abatement in my basement. That really blows; I hope their homeowners insurance is good for it.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

KirbyKhan posted:

I like DSP as an acronym, because it takes a couple of lines to figure out which DSP this thread is talking about each time something new is posted. It is difficult to distinguish because both versions have video game adjacency, doxing, and crazy people at the core.

What's the other one?

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

I just did an asbestos abatement in my basement. That really blows; I hope their homeowners insurance is good for it.

My understanding is they were renting, and didn't have insurance.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Always get insurance on your home/apartment... always

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug
Yeah, renters insurance is a good idea. Some places I've lived have required me to get a policy.

Cuveball Sliders
Oct 9, 2007
DSP is an awful lets player and not a person I'd ever want to hang out with, but if even half that poo poo is true I feel pretty bad for him and anybody who engaged in that harrassment is a real evil piece of poo poo. There's a line between "I don't like the videos this guy makes" and "I'm going to do things to harm this guy's livelihood and his (and his girlfriend's family's) personal safety". What a bunch of assholes. I don't care if they're distancing themselves now, anyone who was part of the group and was aware of all this and didn't report it is absolute garbage.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

McFetusBurger posted:

DSP is an awful lets player and not a person I'd ever want to hang out with, but if even half that poo poo is true I feel pretty bad for him and anybody who engaged in that harrassment is a real evil piece of poo poo. There's a line between "I don't like the videos this guy makes" and "I'm going to do things to harm this guy's livelihood and his (and his girlfriend's family's) personal safety". What a bunch of assholes. I don't care if they're distancing themselves now, anyone who was part of the group and was aware of all this and didn't report it is absolute garbage.

when evil fights evil all sympathy is wasted, comrade

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Nothing has actually come out to connect the SoK to Phil being swatted or whatever that whole wedding bit was. There's still about a 97% chance he bailed on that wedding to play Fallout 4 early for views.

That said, Fred has been outed as an absolute monster who spent the past 2+ years with an obsession and paranoia that's unbelievable.

Alice was a former member who died of leukemia in 2016. This was his response.

https://twitter.com/RetrospectivePC/status/906670487903797248

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

It's like a Chris-chan thing where the people dedicated to mocking him become even worse.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

bobjr posted:

It's like a Chris-chan thing where the people dedicated to mocking him become even worse.

As it turns out, people who spend all their time obsessing over strangers turn out to be obsessive creepers.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
I would drink the beers with DSP

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Putty posted:

I would drink the beers with DSP

I'd buy him one, because he could use it after all he's been through.

But I wouldn't drink it with him because he'd take three hours to drink it, with bathroom breaks every ten minutes, and he'd keep complaining about how expensive beer is and how I should be buying him five beers. And maybe he'd sprinkle in some tasteless, unfunny Nazi jokes.

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I didn't mean that KF is a reputable source, or that they haven't harassed certain groups to no end. However, until another one comes along that summarizes the info, and unless it's proven false, that KF summary is the best one we've got so far. That's my only point. Agree or disagree with what they do on that forum. If the info is accurate, and there's no other readily available source.....then that's what we've got. That's all I mean. Not defending KF at all with any of that.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

BMS posted:

I didn't mean that KF is a reputable source, or that they haven't harassed certain groups to no end. However, until another one comes along that summarizes the info, and unless it's proven false, that KF summary is the best one we've got so far. That's my only point. Agree or disagree with what they do on that forum. If the info is accurate, and there's no other readily available source.....then that's what we've got. That's all I mean. Not defending KF at all with any of that.

Like I stated earlier, KF's reputation is a moot point - everything that is stated in those bullet points has been confirmed by multiple former, and until very recently, current SoK members.

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

TaurusOxford posted:

Like I stated earlier, KF's reputation is a moot point - everything that is stated in those bullet points has been confirmed by multiple former, and until very recently, current SoK members.

So....does this mean Phil....really wasn't as bad as we though? :ohdear:

No...pretty sure he still falls into the horrible category. But the whole doxxing and swatting bit. Save that poo poo for the pedos like Aatrek. Just because somebody is a less than stellar person in their personal life, doesn't mean they should be doxxed and crazy poo poo like that. Which Phil is a nutso no doubt, and the This is how you don't play can be hilarious when done right, but like everything else you can go overboard. And the fact this Fred fellow was so volatile even with his own people, and had his own initiation program set up to decide the "loyal followers"....that's just batshit insane.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

BMS posted:

So....does this mean Phil....really wasn't as bad as we though? :ohdear:

Sorry, I was referring specifically to the bullet points about Fred - the ones regarding Phil's new claims should be taken with the same grain of salt as everything else he says quite frankly.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Genocyber posted:

As it turns out, people who spend all their time obsessing over strangers turn out to be obsessive creepers.

I mean, that's pretty much the reason Grognards.txt got shut down.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
Phil is still pretty bad and I can still enjoy the TIHYDP stuff (Never watched the Lets Endures much)
He just isnt on Freds level (and if the copyright thing is true, DSP was forced to be more of a scammer by those actions anyway)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Pewdiepie said the n word on a stream.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug
Like "no" or "night"? :smith:

Earnestly
Apr 24, 2010

Jazz hands!
Shock, the dude under a hailstorm of media pressuring from doing something racist as a joke a year ago is now caught having done something racist as a joke again.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Earnestly posted:

Shock, the dude under a hailstorm of media pressuring from doing something racist as a joke a year ago is now caught having done something racist as a joke again.

This wasn't even him trying to make an "ironically racist" joke. He just straight up called someone a racial slur on stream because he was upset at them. He also realizes right away that he hosed up when he said it, and then tried to downplay it as a joke.

Earnestly
Apr 24, 2010

Jazz hands!
Your last statement there is inconsequential.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

DeafNote posted:

Phil is still pretty bad and I can still enjoy the TIHYDP stuff (Never watched the Lets Endures much)
He just isnt on Freds level (and if the copyright thing is true, DSP was forced to be more of a scammer by those actions anyway)

nobody forced him to do any of the things he did. he could have gone out and done whatever menial job he could get at any point during that entire debacle and come out on the other side not only more mentally healthy (for getting out of the loving house for once in his life) but more financially healthy too (as people likely would have been happy to pledge to someone who is unambiguously a victim).

he chose to be dishonest, manipulative, and caustic. these are personal choices. he could have instead chosen to go find a job at any point. even if he couldn't find one, he could instead bitch about the things he was trying instead of complaining endlessly that people were not giving enough money like a megachurch pastor that wants another lambo. that would have helped him not only appear to be a better person, it would have ACTUALLY HELPED HIM BE A BETTER PERSON because those experiences matter and are real to most of society.

i absolutely hope this fred rear end in a top hat gets the full measure of the law set on him. i hope he goes to actual factual prison because he committed a lot of fraud and did so in an insanely dangerous way in some cases. but where phil is, and what phil does is something phil himself is one hundred percent responsible for. he's an adult, no matter how much he tries to act otherwise.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Like, I find it hard to believe that someone as big as PDP just lets a "friend of the family" slip, especially as a targeted insult.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
I'm getting more and more convinced that PDP just wants out of Youtube and is doing this poo poo on purpose to destroy himself.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Dias posted:

Like, I find it hard to believe that someone as big as PDP just lets a "friend of the family" slip, especially as a targeted insult.

I think even Pewdiepie knows that publicly saying the word is bad for him. You can see the clip in question here https://oddshot.tv/s/g_05U6, and he quickly tries to downplay it.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Waffleman_ posted:

Pewdiepie said the n word on a stream.

This is it, folks. The end of PewDiePie!!

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I think even Pewdiepie knows that publicly saying the word is bad for him. You can see the clip in question here https://oddshot.tv/s/g_05U6, and he quickly tries to downplay it.

Already got removed. Here's a youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKkwt_cb8ZU he sucks but nothing will happen to him, people are already defending him in the comments.

judge reinhold fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Sep 10, 2017

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
If he wanted to get out of YouTube, he could just stop making videos, right?

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

If he wanted to get out of YouTube, he could just stop making videos, right?

But then everybody would miss him, ironically making him even more famous. Better to burn it all down so that nobody will miss you.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
I've said it before and I'll say it again.

If PewDiePie is tired of all his money I will take some off his hands.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

You've got a better chance of Notch using his infinite wealth for worthwhile, charitable reasons, rather than just shitposting on Twitter all day.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
I didn't know pewdiepie went to the laugh factory too.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
My N word take off those cat ears you look ridiculous.

Also Bowser tried the same thing to get out of Mario Kart, it doesn't work.

Putty fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Sep 10, 2017

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Get hosed.

https://twitter.com/vanaman/status/906983575337107456

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Well that certainly is a legally and ethically fascinating proposition which I'm sure Twitter will discuss with the grace and nuance it deseahahahha oh my god I can't even type this with a straight face

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
I really don't think people should be supporting the act of dmca takedown abuse just because someone is an asshat. It really doesn't matter what idiot beliefs they hold.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
God dammit Campo Santo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Jamesman posted:

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

If PewDiePie is tired of all his money I will take some off his hands.

Same. Hell I'll record my gameplay footage with live, off the cuff commentary and have a paid editor handle the rest for a mere 5% of what pewds makes a year.