Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

joylessdivision posted:

Is Alyson Hannigan the only one from that series that's had any real success? I mean she went back to TV after "Date Movie" (why do I remember that movie exists?) but I couldn't even tell you the last thing I saw any of those actors in. Other than Sean William Scott who just did that second Goon movie.

Natasha Lyonne became a junkie, Thomas Ian Nicholas is doing garbage like Walt Before Mickey (truly one of the dumbest, most mind-numbing movies I've ever seen), I couldn't tell you the last time I saw Chris Klein (outside of NASH OUT) or Jason Biggs anywhere, I think Mena Suvari and Shannon Elizabeth are doing DTV stuff ... I guess Eddie Kaye Thomas is on Scorpion, isn't he?

So, yeah, ouch. That series certainly didn't launch any careers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

What even happened to Tara Reid's career. Surely she could have at least gotten bit parts in actual bad movies, and not these parts in these weird tax write-off scam joints.

People forgetting that she's got top billing in those ridiculously popular Sharknado movies.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

So, uh, what? I mean, I'm in my 30s and I have no idea what this even means. (asking for a friend etc)

IIRC She had a breast augmentation surgery that was very very botched.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Timby posted:

Natasha Lyonne became a junkie, Thomas Ian Nicholas is doing garbage like Walt Before Mickey (truly one of the dumbest, most mind-numbing movies I've ever seen), I couldn't tell you the last time I saw Chris Klein (outside of NASH OUT) or Jason Biggs anywhere, I think Mena Suvari and Shannon Elizabeth are doing DTV stuff ... I guess Eddie Kaye Thomas is on Scorpion, isn't he?

I think John Cho and Casey Affleck both had bit roles in the first two movies. So maybe it's an inverse-square screentime-to-success ratio.

Young Freud posted:

People forgetting that she's got top billing in those ridiculously popular Sharknado movies.

Are the Sharknado movies really still that popular? I feel like after the third one I just stopped hearing anything about them, other than the occasional bit of bad press over stuff like the union busting on set and them having to edit out Jared Fogle. And the huge number of cameos they pack them with can't be all that cheap, just from the number of them alone.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I remember something Chris Klein did after American Pie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id7DLq7bpTw

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Mierenneuker posted:

I remember something Chris Klein did after American Pie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id7DLq7bpTw

Timby posted:

I couldn't tell you the last time I saw Chris Klein (outside of NASH OUT)

:colbert:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Timby posted:

Jason Biggs played the husband of the main character in Orange is the New Black (no idea how much he's featured, since it's a show about a woman's prison) and was the voice of Leonardo in a semi-recent Ninja Turtle cartoon. Not Alyson Hannigan success by any means, but not bad.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

D'oh.

To make up for me whooshing like that, here is a more recent thing that Chris Klein did (2016).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7URIuJTLGXY

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Sep 10, 2017

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Chairman Capone posted:

Are the Sharknado movies really still that popular? I feel like after the third one I just stopped hearing anything about them, other than the occasional bit of bad press over stuff like the union busting on set and them having to edit out Jared Fogle. And the huge number of cameos they pack them with can't be all that cheap, just from the number of them alone.

They're on Sharknado 5.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Timby posted:

It's hilarious that Cloverfield launched a bunch of careers, but American Pie did not .

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Timby posted:

Natasha Lyonne got an Emmy nomination for her role in Orange is the New Black. She's doing alright.

Although she is dating Fred Armisen.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Skwirl posted:

Jason Biggs played the husband of the main character in Orange is the New Black (no idea how much he's featured, since it's a show about a woman's prison) and was the voice of Leonardo in a semi-recent Ninja Turtle cartoon. Not Alyson Hannigan success by any means, but not bad.

He was in the first two seasons before they essentially ended his story, but I got the impression from interviews at the time that he doesn't need to work and just does random projects between goofing off with his celebrity friends and wife

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

It's hilarious that Cloverfield launched a bunch of careers, but American Pie did not .

Well, it was way better than American Pie.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Vegetable posted:

Natasha Lyonne got an Emmy nomination for her role in Orange is the New Black. She's doing alright.

She's doing better now, but I remember hearing a couple of times in the 2000s when she was hospitalized on the brink of death from drug use.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

K. Waste posted:

Goes without saying.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
I'm just going to put it out there that Josie and the Pussycats is surprisingly funny and Tara Reid is good in it.

However, whoever pegged her between Jessica Alba and Shannon Elizabeth is right on target. They're fine in roles well tailored for them but they're not good at acting at all.

That was circa 2000 before the drinking though. She's currently in over her head, ability wise, in the Sharknado series.

Edit:
All comments about acting and movie ambition aside, I really like everything about this FB post.

Seriously, she looks great, even as a tax scam the movie would have my full support, and that is an adorable pitty.

Ape Agitator fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Sep 10, 2017

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

K. Waste posted:

That movie did not age well....it's like all you you fucks go to jail and stay there

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

SirKibbles posted:

That movie did not age well....it's like all you you fucks go to jail and stay there

The sequel has aged much, much better than the original.

Wedding and Reunion are both hot trash, though.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I can't fathom watching any of the American Pie movies in 2017 and getting any enjoyment out of them.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
There was an amazing interview with Chris Klein circa 2006 where he talked up being a massive alpha dudebro, before spending ten minutes, unprovoked, talking about fantasy football. Whatever lovely movies he's currently doing are still too good for him

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Timby posted:

The sequel has aged much, much better than the original.

Wedding and Reunion are both hot trash, though.
The pubes scene was a bit much, but the character subplots were decent.

I didnt mind the Reunion film. It gave Stiffler something resembling an arc, and really highlighted how incredibly loving terrible it is to try to recapture your teenage years.

Snowman_McK posted:

There was an amazing interview with Chris Klein circa 2006 where he talked up being a massive alpha dudebro, before spending ten minutes, unprovoked, talking about fantasy football. Whatever lovely movies he's currently doing are still too good for him
Chris Klein is like some terrible MAD TV homunculous of Keeanu Reeves. Everything he is is eclipsed by Josh Hartnett. His scenes trying to be the sensitive jock/choirboy were borderline parody. The fuckhole Pie had more emotive depth.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Decius posted:

Underage orgies speak to everyone. It's timeless stuff. Which for some reason isn't in the new movie.

Technically it was a gangbang, not an orgy.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

FilthyImp posted:

The pubes scene was a bit much, but the character subplots were decent.

I didnt mind the Reunion film. It gave Stiffler something resembling an arc, and really highlighted how incredibly loving terrible it is to try to recapture your teenage years.

Chris Klein is like some terrible MAD TV homunculous of Keeanu Reeves. Everything he is is eclipsed by Josh Hartnett. His scenes trying to be the sensitive jock/choirboy were borderline parody. The fuckhole Pie had more emotive depth.

It's sort of amazing that Chris Klein, who shared a film with Mel Gibson back in 2002, somehow still has a worse career than someone who's public image completely imploded.

Also, that is a loving perfect description. The Evil, far lamer version of our boy Keanu

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

SirKibbles posted:

Yeah it did. Cloverfield still rules.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Wait, I thought he was saying American Pie hasn't aged well and that the characters should go to jail? Like, they should probably get at least a reprimand for conspiring to produce obscene materials and without the consent of one of the participants.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

K. Waste posted:

Wait, I thought he was saying American Pie hasn't aged well and that the characters should go to jail? Like, they should probably get at least a reprimand for conspiring to produce obscene materials and without the consent of one of the participants.

Also distributing it to minors, the stream went to everyone in the school, including the freshmen, IIRC.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Skwirl posted:

Also distributing it to minors, the stream went to everyone in the school, including the freshmen, IIRC.

Remember the good old days of teen sex comedies with really creepy poo poo in them?

I remember liking the sequel better than the original, but I never bothered with Wedding or Reunion. Or any of the spin offs, and there were at least 3 or 4 or those loving things because apparently Eugene Levy needs a paycheck.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

joylessdivision posted:

Remember the good old days of teen sex comedies with really creepy poo poo in them?

I remember liking the sequel better than the original, but I never bothered with Wedding or Reunion. Or any of the spin offs, and there were at least 3 or 4 or those loving things because apparently Eugene Levy needs a paycheck.

Road Trip is the superior teen sex comedy featuring Seann William Scott, none of the sex acts are non-consensual, the girl who sleeps around isn't slut shamed, Seann William Socott develops a fetish for rear end play and nothing in the movie implies he's secretly gay or less masculine because of it, the girl the main character leaves to get with the other girl isn't a bitch.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Skwirl posted:

Road Trip is the superior teen sex comedy featuring Seann William Scott, none of the sex acts are non-consensual, the girl who sleeps around isn't slut shamed, Seann William Socott develops a fetish for rear end play and nothing in the movie implies he's secretly gay or less masculine because of it, the girl the main character leaves to get with the other girl isn't a bitch.

I don't think I've seen Road Trip. I remember Sex Drive not being horrible, and I always had a soft spot for Eurotrip and Van Wilder.

Eurotrip because it's so quotable and better than it has a right to be, and Van Wilder was always fun because Ryan Reynolds was being Ryan Reynolds. I vaguely remember the Kal Pen sequel not being awful but that was probably a decade ago.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

joylessdivision posted:

I don't think I've seen Road Trip. I remember Sex Drive not being horrible, and I always had a soft spot for Eurotrip and Van Wilder.

Eurotrip because it's so quotable and better than it has a right to be, and Van Wilder was always fun because Ryan Reynolds was being Ryan Reynolds. I vaguely remember the Kal Pen sequel not being awful but that was probably a decade ago.

Road Trip was probably the most sex-positive of those types of movies I've seen, at least until Fired Up came out.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

joylessdivision posted:

No the sequel sucks. I had an idiot roommate who'd rent anything that might have simulated sex acts in it. I suppose it was better than most of the poo poo he rented but not by much.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

joylessdivision posted:

I remember the Sex Drive unrated special edition was a hilarious movie to get drunk to. Here's the opening.

:nws: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c9WD8ETd8g :nws:

They literally just green screen a bunch of naked people in during random scenes. Also Seth Green was really loving funny as the Amish car mechanic

I haven't seen Eurotrip since it came out on DVD and we watched it on a sleepover, so I have no idea how it holds up, but I still think about the ongoing "Scotty Doesn't Know" gag once in a while and it cracks me up.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

http://variety.com/2017/film/reviews/mom-dad-review-1202553484/

Get hype. Cage, Taylor & Mr. Bill are three of my top interests so it's awesome to see the stars align like this.

Tiger
Oct 18, 2012

And you, who are you? This is what we've got, yes. What are you going to make of it?
Fun Shoe

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Technically it was a gangbang, not an orgy.

For the uninitiated, what's the technical difference?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Gangbang is a bunch of people loving one person. An orgy is a bunch of people loving each other.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Rough Lobster posted:

I remember the Sex Drive unrated special edition was a hilarious movie to get drunk to. Here's the opening.

:nws: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c9WD8ETd8g :nws:

They literally just green screen a bunch of naked people in during random scenes. Also Seth Green was really loving funny as the Amish car mechanic

I haven't seen Eurotrip since it came out on DVD and we watched it on a sleepover, so I have no idea how it holds up, but I still think about the ongoing "Scotty Doesn't Know" gag once in a while and it cracks me up.

I saw Eurotrip when it came out in theaters and then had it on DVD for ages. I actually watched it again a couple months back and it surprisingly held up.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/ZackSnyder/status/907272842672144384

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Technically it wasn't so much a gangbang as it was running a train.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
American Pie was the first DVD I ever bought. I haven't watched it in probably 10 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

We are Freed now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpAuCG6iUcA

• Locked thread