Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

DLC Inc posted:

it probably doesn't spoil too much but you owe it to yourself to play Dishonored 2 because it owns. You don't play as Daud in DotO but instead you're his protege.

It's pretty remarkable how Dishonored got 2 base games, 2 excellent DLCs, and now a semi-expansion game. Regardless of sales Arkane has been free to do as they please and that's at least one good thing about being part of the Bethesda juggernaut. If only they did a better job advertising literally any of their games.
I will in all likelihood, it's just that the story "pitch" for D2 didn't immediately pique my interest in the same way DotD did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Anybody know what Dunkey was talking about on twitter about dwindling views or something? That tweet is gone so idk what he was saying or what is going on. Is he okay?

Macaluso posted:

Worst of the storm is gone for where I and now it's just windy (which is good cause it's HOT AF without power).

Here's my cat not giving A gently caress about 100 mph winds :cool:

Edit: Rabbids good

Hey I'm glad to hear that you and your loved ones are doing well and are safe and sound. Continue to take care. I'm very glad to know the worst of the storm is over for you and that you've survived unharmed. :)

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Youtube has changed their entire algorithm for generating ad revenue such that tons of youtubers in gaming and various other categories are getting their videos auto-demonetized, regardless of it actually containing obscene or questionable content. The most prolific content creators have obviously been hit the hardest by this change, and suddenly half their videos which were paying out pennies for millions of clicks in the first place now generate no new revenue whatsoever.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

doingitwrong posted:

No, it matters how they handle it, legally. The DMCA requires them to take down content complained about in a timely manner. If they fail to do this, then they lose the protections they get as being a pipeline for content and can become liable for any rule breaking. Look up DMCA Safe Harbor if you want to know more.

Oh, I'm not saying dmca isn't a factor, I'm just saying even if it didn't apply and they did have a legal high ground (which they don't) Google could still take it down. Like the reason most YouTubers always seem dumb about this poo poo is because YouTube is stricter than they have to because they'd rather be safe than sorry, so YouTubers people assume every slight against them is google doing more than they legally have to, not realizing that even when that is the case, google can do whatever they want

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Andrast posted:

Companies have been doing that for years on youtube. Why would people think it's illegal now?

It was more so a "wait aren't LPs considered fair use?" and if so then that would raise the question as to whether or not it was legal or not.

However as someone pointed out, it's more so based on what Google do. Given the "Adpocalypse" happened sort of because of PewDiePie (I don't know if it did or didn't but some folks are claiming it did) then it would stand to reason Google are going to be more pants on head stupid with how it does its next method of culling the video creators into not hurting their bottomline.

Edit - This is also a decent moral "should they or shouldn't they" argument to be had as well.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I am at the last level of Plague of Shadows and I can say with a great deal of confidence that Shovel Knight is some good video game.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

codenameFANGIO posted:

I am at the last level of Plague of Shadows and I can say with a great deal of confidence that Shovel Knight is some good video game.

Plague Knight is the best.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I will one day make a Plague Knight costume and go around not dancing at a convention because I will be too embarassed and will instead stand in a corner sipping apple juice

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I hope they don't fix how tacky King Knight's amiibo looks quality-wise and make it a standard that all King Knight merchandise must be tacky looking.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

If you're at a convention then your capacity for embarrassment has already been compromised.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Cons are cool actually

but I won't dance at one, or anywhere in public, because I can't dance. Too unskilled and too ugly to dance.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

exquisite tea posted:

If you're at a convention then your capacity for embarrassment has already been compromised.

Back in 2002 I went to my first anime convention in New York City.

I'll never forget the wise words of wisdom Ian Jones-Q gave back then when asked, "What are you taking in the most from this convention experience?"

He answered, "The halls smell like asssssss."

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

glam rock hamhock posted:

The thing is, in the end it doesn't even matter if it's legal, it just matters how Google wants to handle it. Like the first amendment doesn't even matter because it's google's space and they can shut down who they drat well please

I can't wait until we abandon the sham of government and just have legitimate corpo-nations. We're so close!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Mordja posted:

I can't wait until we abandon the sham of government and just have legitimate corpo-nations. We're so close!

I wish this as well. Not for us, but for the super cool world Project Zero Dawn humans will get to experience 1,000 years from now.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

Cons are cool actually

but I won't dance at one, or anywhere in public, because I can't dance. Too unskilled and too ugly to dance.

the amount of deadpool cosplayers increases every year at New York Comic Con.

Last year was a mess mainly because I went as Soldier 76 and the condensation of the Javits Center fogged up the visor repeatedly to the point where I could barely see. After that I decided no more big masks or helmets for a while. This year I opted to go as Joker from Persona 5 which is infinitely easier on your vision.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I hope this stuff involving pewds doesn't result in some kind of easily-abused precedent regarding DMCA takedowns of gameplay footage.

I wanna believe it'll more or less police itself because if anyone tries issuing a takedown of someone for a reason that is legit BS instead of something reasonable like "we don't want this bad person associated with our product" then I imagine a bunch of people would fuss about something like that, considering that tons of people make a fuss about things way less important like the whole cuphead thing

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

DLC Inc posted:

Last year was a mess mainly because I went as Soldier 76 and the condensation of the Javits Center fogged up the visor repeatedly to the point where I could barely see. After that I decided no more big masks or helmets for a while. This year I opted to go as Joker from Persona 5 which is infinitely easier on your vision.

you'd think a joker cosplayer would never see it coming

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

I'm doing all the moves right now because Amazon Germany had a single Metroid Legacy Edition in stock when I looked up just now. :dance:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Your honor, clearly my client's work has been transformative through the way he added a soundtrack of him screeching RAPE RAPE N***** RAPE over the footage.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

FirstAidKite posted:

I hope this stuff involving pewds doesn't result in some kind of easily-abused precedent regarding DMCA takedowns of gameplay footage.

I wanna believe it'll more or less police itself because if anyone tries issuing a takedown of someone for a reason that is legit BS instead of something reasonable like "we don't want this bad person associated with our product" then I imagine a bunch of people would fuss about something like that, considering that tons of people make a fuss about things way less important like the whole cuphead thing

This has been an ongoing thing for years.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

Your honor, clearly my client's work has been transformative through the way he added a soundtrack of him screeching RAPE RAPE N***** RAPE over the footage.

Oh come on, he moved away from yelling rape at everything.

Now he just wishes death to all jews and yells friend of the family. Much better.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

DLC Inc posted:

Next time you should do a cosplay of Joker from Persona 2 :v:

Either of them

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

Can I still consider myself a Metroid fan if I only liked Super Metroid and Zero Mission?

Those are the two best ones by a country mile anyway

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

btw MercurySteam wanted to remake Fusion instead of Metroid 2 until Sakamoto said otherwise

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/09/10/metroid-ii-wasnt-mercurysteams-first-choice-remake-metroid-games/

*This isn't meant to be a slam against either I just thought it was interesting.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I would put AM2R and maybe Prime 1 also in that category as well, though I can understand the Prime format not appealing to some.

Like Fusion is alright but people should be far more critical of its narrative issues for the same reasons they (rightfully) are of Other M. It's not as egregious as the latter but it's still not great.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

This just means you're perfect for dancing as Plague Knight. :colbert:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Phantasium posted:

btw MercurySteam wanted to remake Fusion instead of Metroid 2 until Sakamoto said otherwise

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/09/10/metroid-ii-wasnt-mercurysteams-first-choice-remake-metroid-games/

*This isn't meant to be a slam against either I just thought it was interesting.

A new game set after Fusion would be cool, with Samus having new powers due to being part metroid now and the federation being rather unhappy with her.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Makes sense, Fusion is still very playable nowadays, although you need either a WiiU, emulation or something that plays GBA games to actually play it, while Metroid 2 is, uh, not.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up
400+ posts?! I ain't readin' that poo poo.

Something big must've happened. Or something pointless and stupid must've happened.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The latter

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

vermin posted:

400+ posts?! I ain't readin' that poo poo.

Something big must've happened. Or something pointless and stupid must've happened.

HL3 got announced, dude.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Mordja posted:

HL3 got announced, dude.

For the Vita.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Do not read the 400 posts. Talk about a video game you are playing, instead.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Phantasium posted:

Sakamoto did a really great thing here. Fusion is still playable and a remake of the most linear Metroid wouldn't have been nearly as well-received as remaking the most ancient of your Metroid titles.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

codenameFANGIO posted:

Do not read the 400 posts. Talk about a video game you are playing, instead.

I'm trying to get the hang of Domina, but I run out of money and/or gladiators. It doesn't help that there's a time limit so I feel like I have to start over instead of pointlessly grinding towards a cliff.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

FirstAidKite posted:

capcom did takedowns of a bunch of videos for basically no reason at all. other game companies simply monetize your videos and take all the ad revenue because google says they have copyright on footage of their games and you can't do poo poo about it.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Destiny 2 is a cool game yo can't wait to shoot some aliens tonight.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Unfunny Poster posted:

Given the "Adpocalypse" happened sort of because of PewDiePie (I don't know if it did or didn't but some folks are claiming it did)

The adpocalypse happened because Disney sponsored Pewdiepie, Youtube was proud of having a popular star/mascot on their platform, then someone pointed out to both of them that he's actually a huge shitbird. Disney cut their ties to him and Youtube went one step further by implementing new tools in their ad services to allow ad buyers to exert more control over what sort of videos their ads get played in front of. This resulted in a lot of advertisers opting out of the edgier classifications favored by huge shitbirds and thus the revenue for those videos plummeting. It's sheer coincidence that a lot of gaming-oriented personalities are huge shitbirds.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Fitting that the pewds, who owes his success pretty much entirely to the way youtube generates ad revenue for their videos, would play a hand in its eventual demise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

fusion is my favorite metroid by far

• Locked thread