Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Stiglich posted:

:argh: Mayor Kenney :argh: on immigration issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Nice of him to remember.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

:toot:

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
It's time to forget.

Starving Wolf posted:

...of course.

That doesn't even make sense you dumb gently caress. Watch at least a few episodes before trying to parody TNG, christ.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Time to post the best 9/11 cartoon.

:911:

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Pants Donkey posted:

:stare:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Zesty posted:

I usually skip posting the non-political Dan Lietha drivel. But gently caress him.

how is dan still alive

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Potato Salad posted:

how is dan still alive

Spite.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Potato Salad posted:

how is dan still alive

Extra thick bibles to absorb all the bullets.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

David Pope goes to play Aussie Rules.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Potato Salad posted:

how is dan still alive

Dan Lietha is one of the inevitable negative consequences of living in a sin-cursed world

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

I really like this one due to the very introspective artists statement in which he aknowledges the baser sides of his nature. Kreider was truly one of the great ones, since he also had his flaws.

Kreider posted:

Not really! Just kidding. Ha, ha! Because that would be wrong, obviously. We would have become the very thing we despised. The terrorists would have won! Except that we would be the terrorists, so actually we would be the ones winning, right? We'd win the war on terror! We'd win! Hooray! Death to The United Arab Emirates! Death to the Great Satan! Allahu akbar! U!S!A! U!S!A! No, no, wait, it is wrong to kill people, I keep forgetting, never mind, only joking. Though just to play devil's advocate for a second, consider how much more cost-effective this would be, and how many fewer casualties it'd cause, than what we actually did. It wouldn't make any less sense to attack the UAE in reprisal for 9/11 than it did to invade Iraq.

This cartoon idea came to me while I was looking through a new edition of a book on the world's skyscrapers, an older version of which I already own. This expanded edition includes all the more recent supertall buildings currently being erected in nations where the tallest structures were formerly constructed of materials such as hides, but which are now flush with cash and eager to show off their wealth and world status. It occurred to me that this cartoon would make a lovely epilogue to my book, forming a sort of matching endpaper along with "Well, Well, Well" (September 11th, 2002). As Jim's comment suggests, it provides some much-needed closure to the decade-long fiasco of 9/11, the War on Terror, and the entire Era of Darkness. It's also the first cartoon idea to crack me up in the shower in months.*

Regular readers will also know that I am a longtime aficionado of very tall buildings and an unabashed chauvinist in this arena.I just wish the Freedom Tower wasn't so unambitious and uninspired, so underwhelming. I secretly long for the oil wealth of the East to dry up, for these fly-by-night feudal empires to decline, for the Burj Dubai to crumble like Babel. But as my colleague Tom pointed out over coffee, "I think we'll crumble first."

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

:eyepop:

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

RIP those two people in the towers.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Starving Wolf posted:

...of course.

Man, if there's one thing that I think of when I think of democrats, and left-wing groups in general, it's their strict adherence to conformity. They're always just toeing the line and moving in lock-step, perfectly following a rigid, centralized plan. No infighting allowed!

some FUCKING LIAR
Sep 19, 2002

Fallen Rib
Apropos of Dan Lietha: I don't know if this is too clever by half for Dan and his pals, but is the name "Answers in Genesis" intended to be some kind of shot at Philo of Alexandria's "Quaestiones in Genesim"?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

This isn't the only cartoon like this so I have to ask: why are Democrats supposed to be afraid of Hillary's book?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Johnny Walker posted:

This isn't the only cartoon like this so I have to ask: why are Democrats supposed to be afraid of Hillary's book?

It's more that a surprising number of former Clinton supporters and staffers have been eye-rolling her new book and making comments to the tune of "Really? Stop blaming everyone else and move on, this isn't doing anyone any good you idiot."

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Pants Donkey posted:

Donald Trump on 9/11/01 posted:

40 Wall street actually was the second-tallest building in downtown Manhattan, and it was actually before the World Trade Center the tallest, and and then when they built the World Trade Center it became known as the second-tallest, and now it’s the tallest.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

Johnny Walker posted:

It's more that democrats don't want to be associated with it, because it's really bad.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Johnny Walker posted:

Fomenting Democratic infighting profits the right, so fox and associated Gremlins have been hyping this book and the tour. Even if speaking the Name of the Unnameable One weren't actually a good way of causing Democrats to come to blows, which it sometimes is, it is worth it to them to make it seem that way.

And anyone who gives two shits about this dumb thing is helping.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.

Johnny Walker posted:

Hillary bad.

Not her positions or policy ideas or what she actually did, just Hillary bad. Over and over and over and over.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Johnny Walker posted:

Independent of why the Boks and Delonases of the thread are making cartoons about it, the book is basically what you expect from a recollection of the most catastrophic loss in US electoral history except without anything resembling introspection or humility, instead opting to go full bore in shifting the blame to extents so strange that somehow Barack Obama's focus on bolstering emissions standards becomes part of the reason why coal miners don't like her. Ultimately it's a kind of a book that just should not have been made and unless Clinton decides to keep digging that's probably all it is.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Office Pig posted:

Independent of why the Boks and Delonases of the thread are making cartoons about it, the book is basically what you expect from a recollection of the most catastrophic loss in US electoral history except without anything resembling introspection or humility, instead opting to go full bore in shifting the blame to extents so strange that somehow Barack Obama's focus on bolstering emissions standards becomes part of the reason why coal miners don't like her. Ultimately it's a kind of a book that just should not have been made and unless Clinton decides to keep digging that's probably all it is.

Did you read this book and form that opinion or did you read the right wing media summary of this book then take their opinion?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Did you read this book and form that opinion or did you read the right wing media summary of this book then take their opinion?

:allears:

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
This thread will be fun when raw chicken gets politicized.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Oh goody.

This is why.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Excerpts have been leaked. They are not pretty.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

"Revised from 2012". Original comic is dated 2011. Branco gonna Branco.

Dat feather duster.

8 :canada:

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
From what I've heard from media figures who've read it, it's not devoid of self-criticism. However, they've decided to promote it by excerpting the passages that are going to stir up the most intraparty controversy and seem to avoid introspection.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I was so happy that ghoul finally got the boot after using the bodies of 9/11 victims as a grand stand for so long. gently caress you, Rudy

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

loquacius posted:

oh well then, if you read an exerpt

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

moebius2778
May 3, 2013

loquacius posted:

"What difference - at this point, what difference does it make?"

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

OldMemes posted:

Hillary bad.

Not her positions or policy ideas or what she actually did, just Hillary bad. Over and over and over and over.

Even if her book were good, I can see an argument that Democrats don't want to be tied to her. She lost, so the party as a whole needs to move on. All the potential leaders of the Democrats are so old. Hoping another Obama type comes out of nowhere in a couple years. There are a few interesting possibilities.

Is there a very subtle edit I'm not seeing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Jurgan posted:

Is there a very subtle edit I'm not seeing?

Skull donkey

• Locked thread