Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Sorry for the double post, but:

axeil posted:

https://twitter.com/Saints/status/906161488804663297

:stare:

i am really glad he got that exam. get well soon dorenbos!

Oh hey, I've got one of those. Way scarier than it sounds up to a certain point, but it also means you need to not exert yourself too much. So that's not ideal for a football player. Good news is it's a relatively simple repair that lasts a lifetime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
The Saints want their pick back. Howie should probably just give it to them for appearances. It's only a 7th.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I'm not cheering for the Cowboys, but the Giants offense are straight garbage without OBJ and that's about to be revealed.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

gently caress both of these teams forever. And ever.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

LethalGeek posted:

Who can afford to go to games at redskins stadium anyway, aren't they the 2nd most expensive place out of all 32 teams?

Plus yeah their offense needs to be in practice all week

It's a perfect stadium for other fans since they can all drive there. I stopped going years ago on account of how much of an unpleasant shithole it is.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

You're just mad Agholor has finally figured it out and will take the league by storm

Naw I can't hate the guy. Being his third year I wouldn't be surprised if he finally goes off; some people just take time and he certainly has the physical skills.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Edit: wrong thread dammit.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
This schedule looked a lot more difficult before today

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

89 posted:

This schedule looked a lot more difficult before today

It's still pretty hard though. Chiefs should beat us and the Chargers may actually be not bad now that they aren't all hurt and the Giants are a divisional game and we suck at home. We could easily start 1-3

grah
Jul 26, 2007
brainsss

axeil posted:

It's still pretty hard though. Chiefs should beat us and the Chargers may actually be not bad now that they aren't all hurt and the Giants are a divisional game and we suck at home. We could easily start 1-3

The Eagles were 6 - 2 at home last year??

edit: I mean I agree those are all loseble games, especially now Darby's out for maybe the whole season. But I don't know why you think the Eagles suck at home particularly.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

grah posted:

The Eagles were 6 - 2 at home last year??

edit: I mean I agree those are all loseble games, especially now Darby's out for maybe the whole season. But I don't know why you think the Eagles suck at home particularly.

Wait poo poo we were? I somehow remember us having a better road than home record. Must be bad memories from the C*** K**** dark times.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
That was a pretty good opener for the Eagles. Darby going down sucks but the defense held up really well overall. Special teams was also once again good. They weren't bad offensively but boy was some of that play calling questionable and I have no idea why they kept going horizontal when it just wasn't working over and over again. That backwards pass fumble that Wentz lofted way too high was terrible.

Sorry Redskins fans about that Cousins fumble, I have no idea how that's not an incomplete pass.

grah
Jul 26, 2007
brainsss

axeil posted:

Wait poo poo we were? I somehow remember us having a better road than home record. Must be bad memories from the C*** K**** dark times.

Yeah, didn't win a single road game after week 1 though.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Yodzilla posted:

Sorry Redskins fans about that Cousins fumble, I have no idea how that's not an incomplete pass.

I'm not sorry about this because the Redskins were getting calls all game.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The dark times of winning 10 games a season

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Wow, that was even worse than I thought, Giants. lol.

And we're gonna beat the Chiefs cause I'm gonna be there and I'm gonna poison the BBQ. First NFL game in person 🤗

Also, I'm gonna have the white man's versions of Jalen Mills's green hair, but as a douche undercut instead.

89 fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Sep 11, 2017

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

N: Redskins Suck
V: LOL Gruden

Starting off slow and looking like the team didn't practice enough seems to be a regular occurrence in the Gruden era. Our offense looked insipid and incoherent, with not much run game or chemistry. The weapons and talent are there, but this was a bad look. Defense looked better. Amazing how not having everyone injured helps.

And gently caress our lovely team for being so bad that you could hear the Eagle fans cheering on a home opener.

The one time I went to Fed Ex Field for an Eagles / WFT game, the crowd was easily half Eagles fans. Judging by the crowd shots from today's game, it wasn't that much different.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

San Francisco is going to make Kirk Cousins the highest paid player in the league.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/JimmyKempski/status/907252425584775168

season saved.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Well, Mills looked alright so our CB#2 is going to be crap unless Rasul Douglas surprises us. Still, having only one particularly bad corner should be survivable with that DL.

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
Good news about Darby, looked bad at the time.

Good win yesterday, D looked great at times, hopefully we'll get to the QB a lot more this season. Also the resurrection of Nelson Agholar.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

NotWearingPants posted:

I'm not sorry about this because the Redskins were getting calls all game.

lol ok sure

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Thank god

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

The pick 6 on wentz was a hit to the face of a QB. A weak one sure but still.

The skins should have been called for intentional grounding but were not. Even though the guy who said was "in the area" was held up on the line of scrimmage.

Both sides got jobbed by the refs tbh. But the skins did get some favourable calls.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Amazing

God is an eagles fan

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
This guy makes a good point:

https://twitter.com/cmart6780/status/907362537758494721

Check them out. They are good videos: https://twitter.com/fduffy3

This pass by Wentz was just loving crazy:

https://twitter.com/fduffy3/status/907359790392889344

NotWearingPants fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Sep 12, 2017

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

When is Beckham supposed to be back

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

When is Beckham supposed to be back
Next game most likely.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Toaster Beef posted:

Sorry for the double post, but:

Oh hey, I've got one of those. Way scarier than it sounds up to a certain point, but it also means you need to not exert yourself too much. So that's not ideal for a football player. Good news is it's a relatively simple repair that lasts a lifetime.

It sounds scary because it is. If that thing pops, you're dead in less than a minute.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Lote posted:

It sounds scary because it is. If that thing pops, you're dead in less than a minute.

Yeah, but there are varying degrees to it. I'm relatively okay for now because mine's not too large and I'm not a football player. His could be larger, or it could just be in serious jeopardy because of his vocation (or both, of course). The word 'aneurysm' makes it scary as poo poo, but it's also not automatically a reason to assume the worst.

Even if his is as 'benign' as mine is, he'd still need surgery to get it repaired ASAP if he ever wanted to be cleared to play football again.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
With Darby's injury, I was thinking that CJ Smith might get a shot at the main roster but apparently I couldn't have been more incorrect because they dropped him from the practice squad today for an OT.

Then they dropped Greg Ward to sign a different cornerback to the practice squad.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
in case you missed it, Brandon Graham's dominance against the Redskins, in gif form

quote:

Obviously, in the Philadelphia Eagles' season opener against the Washington Redskins, defensive end Brandon Graham made a few huge plays. And yet, he was even better than you probably realize. Graham beat a very good right tackle in Morgan Moses all day long like a rented mule.

(low-res preview)

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Still lolin at the doo days later for this one

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

CyberPingu posted:

The pick 6 on wentz was a hit to the face of a QB. A weak one sure but still.

The skins should have been called for intentional grounding but were not. Even though the guy who said was "in the area" was held up on the line of scrimmage.

Both sides got jobbed by the refs tbh. But the skins did get some favourable calls.

Absolutely. I agree with this. That's reasonable.

But saying Washington was getting ALL THE CALLS!!! Is fan board level trash. Come on now.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Amy Pole Her posted:

But saying Washington was getting ALL THE CALLS!!! Is fan board level trash. Come on now.

This thread is basically an Eagles fan board, so that checks out

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Amy Pole Her posted:

Amy Pole Her? More like Dick Scoffer Man.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

TheChirurgeon posted:

This thread is basically an Eagles fan board, so that checks out

We don't have any rings but we are good at :justpost:

Also the refs were loving up so bad in the Washington/Philly game that I had this horrible feeling they were going to gently caress over someone. I still don't think it was a fumble.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

axeil posted:

Also the refs were loving up so bad in the Washington/Philly game that I had this horrible feeling they were going to gently caress over someone. I still don't think it was a fumble.

They can't gently caress up a fumble worse than the Duke Johnson Fumble last year in Washington.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

axeil posted:

It super wasn't a fumble. The ball was clearly moving forward. It had even left Cousins's hand.

I mean, whatever, I'll take it, but hoo boy.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Flikken posted:

They can't gently caress up a fumble worse than the Duke Johnson Fumble last year in Washington.

I can't believe that poo poo held up on review. One of the most shameful calls I've seen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

TheChirurgeon posted:

I can't believe that poo poo held up on review. One of the most shameful calls I've seen

Is there an undisputed worst call in NFL history?

Tuck rule? Calvin Johnson in that one playoff game?

• Locked thread