Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Haha, I was just going through the threads trying to find where that had been brought up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

DarkstarIV posted:

I have no problem with Shayna as a worker. But I do think she only got this far because of Ronda. I doubt she would be in this spot otherwise. Its a valid concern and will likely hang over the tournament like a dark cloud if Shayna does end up winning.
Didn't she also help some of the Total Divas/Bellas crew train in a couple of MMA sessions?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

Haha, I was just going through the threads trying to find where that had been brought up.

To my understanding Enzo moved to LA.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Between cheating on Liv and spending that money on the fight tickets, I daresay that Mr Enzo may not make wise decisions.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Wazzu posted:

I do. Her flow and movements look awful for a person with over a year of professional wrestling.I don't enjoy watching her work because her lovely movements make it clear it's a fake fight where she has to pull her punches, and her opponents need to not just run into her despite her incredibly slow movements.

I love how you think wrestling for a year means everyone has to be really good at wrestling from then on.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Eltoasto posted:

Between cheating on Liv and spending that money on the fight tickets, I daresay that Mr Enzo may not make wise decisions.

Well, look what we've got ovah here....

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

achillesforever6 posted:

Didn't she also help some of the Total Divas/Bellas crew train in a couple of MMA sessions?

She helped them train, but I don't think she would have been brought in on that alone, otherwise they probably would have signed her long ago.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

KungFu Grip posted:

I love how you think wrestling for a year means everyone has to be really good at wrestling from then on.

Her level of phyiscal awkwardness would be completely understandable if she'd wrestling for a much shorter time, but I personally can't understand why it's persisted in this fashion. I know there's many wrestlers who keep being awkward or bad at whatever length, or excellent in a short time, my point is she's not at the point where her excuse for being so green is that she's new and only finished training.

Like how Big Cass has been wrestling since 2010, he's just an awkward not good wrestler. Enzo similarly has 5 years and is no good, neither can use the excuse of being green. I feel like people are giving Shanya this pass, but she doesn't deserve it. But hey, other people seem to be enjoying her matches and good for them, but that doesn't mean I have to.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Wazzu posted:

Her level of phyiscal awkwardness would be completely understandable if she'd wrestling for a much shorter time, but I personally can't understand why it's persisted in this fashion. I know there's many wrestlers who keep being awkward or bad at whatever length, or excellent in a short time, my point is she's not at the point where her excuse for being so green is that she's new and only finished training.

Like how Big Cass has been wrestling since 2010, he's just an awkward not good wrestler. Enzo similarly has 5 years and is no good, neither can use the excuse of being green. I feel like people are giving Shanya this pass, but she doesn't deserve it. But hey, other people seem to be enjoying her matches and good for them, but that doesn't mean I have to.

She's had good matches before on the indy scene, its just that something isn't carrying over into WWE. Odds are they probably told her to act like an MMA badass or something.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Academic at this stage. But RE: Summer Rae:

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/906668595106553856

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Is there a reason why she wasn't used at all for some time?

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

TV Zombie posted:

Is there a reason why she wasn't used at all for some time?

I assume the fact that WWE is currently going through a phase of no female valets

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Nah it is a complex situation that may go legal.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Tessa and Britt Baker had a REALLY good match tonight at Wrestlecircus. Tessa also wrestled Candice LeRae the other day in California at BAR Wrestling which was their main event and got good reviews.

Tessa is really killing it lately with great matches. Hope whatever attitude issues she has had in the past goes away with maturity and WWE eventually signs her. She's just too good.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Apparently they're doing a recap show for the MYC after Raw, including airing what I assume was a buffer match on the undercard of the second day of tapings, with 6 of the first round losers in a tag match.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Gaz-L posted:

Apparently they're doing a recap show for the MYC after Raw, including airing what I assume was a buffer match on the undercard of the second day of tapings, with 6 of the first round losers in a tag match.

For anyone else curious: Marti Belle, Santana Garrett & Sarah Logan vs. Jazzy Gabert, Kay Lee Ray & Tessa Blanchard

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Spud from TNA got engaged to Renee Michelle who lost in the first round of the MYC this weekend.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Speaking of customs....

https://twitter.com/JordynneGrace/status/906945988853501952

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Ah, that very rare rule 63 Toru Yano fetish

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

love photos of people wondering what went wrong in their life.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
One year ago today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWCt_EBNTTg

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Other than Asuka's reign in NXT women's championship reigns have been totally irrelevant in the WWE and mostly just a prop traded back and forth.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

RealFoxy posted:

Other than Asuka's reign in NXT women's championship reigns have been totally irrelevant in the WWE and mostly just a prop traded back and forth.

i got bad news about the general nature of wrestling championships...

nah actually its super dumb that the womens title is hotshotted like crazy, especially the bizarre string of "sasha wins then immediately loses literally the next night"

oh right, i got it backwards, sasha would win it like 2 weeks before a ppv at a raw and then inevitably drop it at the ppv, still very dumb.

shiksa fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Sep 11, 2017

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Other than Bayley, Asuka didn't have a credible challenger the whole time.

shiksa posted:

i got bad news about the general nature of wrestling championships...

nah actually its super dumb that the womens title is hotshotted like crazy, especially the bizarre string of "sasha wins then immediately loses literally the next night"

That only happened this time. Usually Sasha won on Raw then later lost on PPV.

(Also it was 8 days later.)

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
It's not Asuka's fault she didn't have competition but at least they made it work. CM Punk had the WWE title for over a year and he played second fiddle to everything else going on until eventually losing it to set up for a match between Rock/Cena. I can't name many noteworthy things CM Punk did in his one year title reign.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

RealFoxy posted:

It's not Asuka's fault she didn't have competition but at least they made it work. CM Punk had the WWE title for over a year and he played second fiddle to everything else going on until eventually losing it to set up for a match between Rock/Cena. I can't name many noteworthy things CM Punk did in his one year title reign.

AJ Lee.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Aphrodite posted:

Other than Bayley, Asuka didn't have a credible challenger the whole time.

To some extent that's the Takeover format combined with their love of rematches meaning thhere are so few programs. Having said that, I enjoyed Bayley rematch feud with Sasha (including the Ironwoman match), facing the corporate favourite Eva Marie in a shockingly entertaining defence, beating the Monster Nia Jax. All good times!

RealFoxy posted:

CM Punk had some poop in there, including an underwhelming defence against Bryan (How?????), but a reasonable amount of that can be put to the Ryback experiment, and their love of Cena and Brock. CM Punk sure has a lot of great points about how they didn't ever truly value him as 'the guy'.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Nigel and Tom doing commentary for the 6 women tag match gives me hope they call the finals instead of JR and Lita

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

achillesforever6 posted:

Nigel and Tom doing commentary for the 6 women tag match gives me hope they call the finals instead of JR and Lita

Sorry about that...

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I think it's okay if either woman wins the MYC, but I kinda hope they don't base it around kicking out of finishers. Protect that elbow/RNC, WWE.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Watching this recap tag match, it'll be a crime if Jazzy isn't signed. Book her as your Kane/Meng/Braun face monster mystery opponent of the womens' division and you're golden. Kairi and Toni are the only other women to have gotten this much of a reaction in this thing, and Jazzy does it stood still.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
There's no one in the tournament who could make me go "ew, they signed HER?!?!" Even the green ones had potential or a cool look or SOMETHING to build on. I know they can't bring in everyone (and I also have no idea who is and isn't signed already), but if it was me I'd be falling all over myself to sign Toni Storm, Kairi Sane, Mercedes Martinez, Bianca Belair, Piper Niven, Abbey Laith, and Dakota Kai. Shayna is great, and is intimidating in ways that even big fuckers like Jazzy can't match, but without the Ronda connection she's a 37 year old rookie with an admittedly solid athletic background, but apart from one big Horsewomen vs. Horsewomen match (and the resultant media attention), I don't see her having much upside.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Karmine posted:

There's no one in the tournament who could make me go "ew, they signed HER?!?!" Even the green ones had potential or a cool look or SOMETHING to build on. I know they can't bring in everyone (and I also have no idea who is and isn't signed already), but if it was me I'd be falling all over myself to sign Toni Storm, Kairi Sane, Mercedes Martinez, Bianca Belair, Piper Niven, Abbey Laith, and Dakota Kai. Shayna is great, and is intimidating in ways that even big fuckers like Jazzy can't match, but without the Ronda connection she's a 37 year old rookie with an admittedly solid athletic background, but apart from one big Horsewomen vs. Horsewomen match (and the resultant media attention), I don't see her having much upside.

Kairi is already signed, so is Dakota. Bianca has been around for a little while. Same with Abbey. Jazzy has supposedly signed, and I wouldn't mind seeing Mia Yim get signed.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yeah, Mia Yim is a name I've heard a lot but never saw before this tournament, and she immediately stuck out to me as being somebody I'd like to see more of.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Do you mean her boobs you sick pervert

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Mob posted:

Do you mean her boobs you sick pervert

I was wondering aloud a few years back and Mia pointed out they are all natural. She has a really good bra tech.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.
I hope Baszler Corbin doesn't crush little pirate girl. :ohdear:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/907761472817602560

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
Looking forward to that draw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
Just watched the episode 8 rerun on the network. The second time around, the Kairi/Toni match is still so good. Now the finals are 15 minutes away!