Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Well, it's part of Jash, so Norm's show probably shares staff with their other projects, it's not outlandish that their writers would spend a little time on Norm between their other assignments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TVGM
Mar 17, 2005

"It is not moral, it is not acceptable, and it is not sustainable that the top one-tenth of 1 percent now owns almost as much wealth as the bottom 90 percent"

Yam Slacker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuldL1m6FAs

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

whoa

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Odddzy posted:

What question was it?

Norm, or @pepsiorspryte: Do you remember, there was that really squeaky clean intern at SNL who took the bus everyday to and from Philly and was the only guy who called Lorne, "Mr. Michaels." And people asked him why he didn't just call him "Lorne" and the kid said, "I'll call Mr. Michaels, 'Lorne,' when Mr. Michaels tells me to call him that. But then there was this director who went off his meds and became obsessed with this kid and the police found the director in a van and the van had the kid's name on the contact sheet circled in red and pictures of the kid with his eyes cut out, and they thought the director had killed the kid. But he was just on the bus back home to Philly. Do you remember that? He was the same guy who attacked Rosa the cleaning lady.

Spade: Was it Tom Schiller?

Norm: (laughing) Well we didn't want to say that.

Spade: No. I thought I was going to win. Who was it?

Norm: I don't know, I'm just reading a card.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
I've only heard of Caitlyn Jenner in passing but when she said Reagan was the greatest president in her lifetime I knew that I hated her.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

FishBowlRobot posted:

Norm, or @pepsiorspryte: Do you remember, there was that really squeaky clean intern at SNL who took the bus everyday to and from Philly and was the only guy who called Lorne, "Mr. Michaels." And people asked him why he didn't just call him "Lorne" and the kid said, "I'll call Mr. Michaels, 'Lorne,' when Mr. Michaels tells me to call him that. But then there was this director who went off his meds and became obsessed with this kid and the police found the director in a van and the van had the kid's name on the contact sheet circled in red and pictures of the kid with his eyes cut out, and they thought the director had killed the kid. But he was just on the bus back home to Philly. Do you remember that? He was the same guy who attacked Rosa the cleaning lady.

Spade: Was it Tom Schiller?

Norm: (laughing) Well we didn't want to say that.

Spade: No. I thought I was going to win. Who was it?

Norm: I don't know, I'm just reading a card.

lmao pepsiorspryte

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
i think it's very progressive of norm to bring lgbtq people on the show, even if they don't know much about comedy.

but enough about Adam Eget,

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
I'll watch any Norm Macdonald Live, even if i don't care for the guest, just because of Norm. This one I'll skip though. Decathlete Bruce Jenner was a boring loving interview every other time I heard him interviewed, what makes me think Reality TVs Caitlyn Jenner will be any better?

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
Honestly I really liked it, Norm's in top interview form and there are some good jokes. Eget asked some of the worst questions ever and Jenner was good at piling on him with Norm.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
We'll be back with more inanity...

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
I Norm gay?

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
As the guy himself said, "wait a minute, I haven't come out yet!"

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Martian Manfucker posted:

I've only heard of Caitlyn Jenner in passing but when she said Reagan was the greatest president in her lifetime I knew that I hated her.

Caitlyn has some serious crazy brains and considers tax cuts and 'the economy' to be more important than the fact that her chosen party would literally lynch her if they could just make it legal.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
so she's socially liberal and fiscally conservative

not an uncommon position

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX1SojKfgNI

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat
Norm, now is your time

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Ah, he was a good man.

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

Don't be such a drat quisling!

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
lmao looks like norm hired the pop up video producers for this rich little interview

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

imagine firing someone 20 years ago and it ends up in your obit. norm is the strongest

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Martian Manfucker posted:

lmao looks like norm hired the pop up video producers for this rich little interview

I liked it

Great interview

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
I'ts fun when he brings in older comedians. He knows a lot about the old timers and its a world that's interesting to dip into.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I like the ones like Rich Little

I'm too young to know his stuff but I enjoy watching Norm with a comedian he respects

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Are there any interviews this season where Norm isn't so deferential and nostalgic? The Seinfeld one was a pleasant watch but I wouldn't call it funny in the vein of previous seasons or the Stephen Merchant episode.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Yeah, I'm not into straight interview Norm as much. I'm really missing the "funny" episodes now. I've had many a bad day saved by the jokes segment in particular.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Bring back Fred Stoller

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Hi Norm fans, here's a loveletter to Norm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbthMC6spAE

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Cho episode is up on Amazon Prime

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

Hat Thoughts posted:

Cho episode is up on Amazon Prime

Great.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

blunt posted:

Hi Norm fans, here's a loveletter to Norm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbthMC6spAE

What a nerd

Norm is funny because he's so gay

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible
adam eget was just gay-for-pay, its totally different

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
That Cho episode was a real tough listen.

TVGM
Mar 17, 2005

"It is not moral, it is not acceptable, and it is not sustainable that the top one-tenth of 1 percent now owns almost as much wealth as the bottom 90 percent"

Yam Slacker
Bring back Steve O'Donnell please.

(I don't know if he's actually gone.)

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Cancel the podcast.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Odddzy posted:

That Cho episode was a real tough listen.

I fell asleep

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

EugeneJ posted:

I fell asleep

I just kinda felt bad for her, Norm didn't care at all and wasn't even being funny about it. Adam was left holding the bag. I guess, at least the ad read was really funny though.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
I think they used to bang back when they were both bi so maybe something bad happened and its an uncomfortable chemistry now. Im pretty sure margret is full out gay now too

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
That would make sense. I'd imagine it happened back at that restaurant/hotel where other big celebrities would bang ladies while Norm would watch in the corner with Cho.

TVGM
Mar 17, 2005

Yam Slacker

Odddzy posted:

That would make sense. I'd imagine it happened back at that restaurant/hotel where other big celebrities would bang ladies while Norm would watch in the corner with Cho.

Yeah, the ol' hotel in Burbank.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDiD8de3nvg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Norm seems really sluggish and that twinkle in his eyes from the beginning if this podcast is gone

• Locked thread