Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Holy poo poo, loving SOLD. I mean the other images already sold me but this is incredible. :allears:

Also all you people who change their hairstyle each patch really confuse me.
I change my hairstyle about once a week.

yeah I change mine at least once a week. normally more often. But I've also had the same glamour on my PLD since I hit like 58 right after the HW launch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

THIS DUNGEON DROPPED A NEW PAIR OF GLOVES AND MY HAIR DOESN'T MATCH IT *mashes jandelaine bell*

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I thought it was a great coincidence that since these are the only two haircuts I've has ever had, my poor WoL has never known the joy of seeing out of his left eye. Looking at the white now, I realize it'll clash a lot less than the blue did. It goes with the IW gear my SAM is currently decked in too.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

THIS DUNGEON DROPPED A NEW PAIR OF GLOVES AND MY HAIR DOESN'T MATCH IT *mashes jandelaine bell*

Actual footage of me when I change outfits/jobs/mood:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMibn2-TWG8

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

I got my scooty puff jr last night and am declaring the yokai event done because I don't want to farm fates for a month to get the scooty puff sr aka the doom bringer

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Anyone else disappointed that Alvius is apparently dead? I was hoping he'd become Garlean Hojo but if they were going that route, they'd show him escaping after the boss fight instead of slumping in his science chair

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
In the end he was more like Garlean Dr. Cid, but with even less screen time.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

SirPhoebos posted:

Anyone else disappointed that Alvius is apparently dead? I was hoping he'd become Garlean Hojo but if they were going that route, they'd show him escaping after the boss fight instead of slumping in his science chair

Maybe they'll make him Garlean Desty Nova and he just keeps coming back because SCIENCE.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Maybe he used his special attack on himself and now he's trapped as a spooky ghost haunting your rolls for the magitek mount.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

What's the fastest way to level up dps classes after you finish the MSQ?

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
Regarding the conversation about the Garlean Scientist, I wouldn't be surprised if he used that soul extraction stuff and downloaded himself into a Magitek Robot Body before dying. I wouldn't be disappointed either, he WAS criminally underused and I like the idea of a boss fight where he jumps from one big war machine to another trying to beat us.

i am tim! fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Sep 11, 2017

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Queue for the highest level dungeon available; do beast tribe, challenge log, hunt log, etc while you wait.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

SirPhoebos posted:

What's the fastest way to level up dps classes after you finish the MSQ?

Palace of the Dead is the job is under level 60, Frontlines if 60+, or have a tank buddy get you into fast dungeon queues.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
It's a little slower but you could also do all the side quests you ignored in order to do the MSQ

Personally I just spam dungeons and do something else while I'm sitting in the queue because I refuse to touch PoTD anymore.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Renegret posted:

It's a little slower but you could also do all the side quests you ignored in order to do the MSQ

Personally I just spam dungeons and do something else while I'm sitting in the queue because I refuse to touch PoTD anymore.

Well yeah, this is more or less what I do too. But being tabbed out and reading webcomics for 20 minutes while I wait on a queue isn't as fast as you could potentially do it.

4.1 will probably bring in the new PotD thing that will get you up to 70, as well.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Thundarr posted:

Palace of the Dead is the job is under level 60, Frontlines if 60+, or have a tank buddy get you into fast dungeon queues.

Heal buddy should make do in levelling dungeons too.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Heal buddy should make do in levelling dungeons too.

I'm not sure why, but I almost always get into dungeons faster as a healer than as a tank, even though Tank is the role in need 95% of the time. On the bright side, one more level on DRK and I can finally start getting those sweet sweet crack rocks clusters.

Also I'm an Elezen now for some reason.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I usually make at least one little person character but the little people in this game are too creepy looking.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Dick Trauma posted:

I usually make at least one little person character but the little people in this game are too creepy looking.

They are also all villains

Renegret posted:

Is "center of the room" too loving complicated?

...in my heart I know the truth

Hell, just having it face one direction so the raid can properly manage the debuffs would have been cool. When people know WoD it flies by, when they dont...yeesh.

A. Beaverhausen fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Sep 11, 2017

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

A. Beaverhausen posted:

They are also all villains

Hell, just having it face one direction so the raid can properly manage the debuffs would have been cool. When people know WoD it flies by, when they dont...yeesh.

That is a mean thing to say about Tataru and Krile, a.k.a: the best Scions.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

ImpAtom posted:

That is a mean thing to say about Tataru and Krile, a.k.a: the best Scions.

They're hiding something. If ff14 hasn't lied to me they're just biding time like all potatoes.

Alternate response: The exception that proves the rule :colbert:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

I'm not sure why, but I almost always get into dungeons faster as a healer than as a tank, even though Tank is the role in need 95% of the time. On the bright side, one more level on DRK and I can finally start getting those sweet sweet crack rocks clusters.

Also I'm an Elezen now for some reason.

I love those clusters, but I also hate them, because doing ldr as anything but a tank means that you're leaving six figures of Gil on the table

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

A. Beaverhausen posted:

They're hiding something. If ff14 hasn't lied to me they're just biding time like all potatoes.

Alternate response: The exception that proves the rule :colbert:

You say that but... Krile was kept in one of those Resonant chambers while a prisoner. Something bad will probably come of that during 4.x.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

Dick Trauma posted:

My problem is that they're too focused on being "cute" and childlike. Let me be a weird goblin thing or at least a small old man.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Lalafell with a pompadour is the best character in FFXIV, sorry everyone else.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Zinkraptor posted:

My problem is that they're too focused on being "cute" and childlike. Let me be a weird goblin thing or at least a small old man.

It's alright for a few of the NPCs, like Krile and Tataru, but I find it so hard to take most Lalafells seriously, particularly with the number of them in Uldah that are conniving little shits. I almost wish there was an option to field goal one of them.

I understand money buys power, but when your bodyguards could accidentally step on you....

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Also all you people who change their hairstyle each patch really confuse me.
I change my hairstyle about once a week.
I have never changed my hair. I still have my two free Jendelaine tokens.

I have two fantasia's sitting in my retainer.

I have four retainer fantasia's sitting in her too.

I get my stuff right the first time :colbert: (also the Samsonian locks looks dumb on my character)

Vermain posted:

I think it's less her 'rehabilitation' and more her acceptance that's in the cards. Fordola doesn't seem like the repentant type, but I can see her swallowing her pride, accepting that what she strove for has come to nothing, but realizing that there's still a future for Ala Mhigo, ripe and ready to be plucked.

To get this poo poo out of CIA document hell:

Lyse's character development mainly happens in the Azim steppe, when she's forced to sit down, shut up, and think about things rather than her usual 'keep on punching on' mentality. It's slight, but it's enough judging by how she acts afterwards. Not everyone is Alphinaud and needs almost an entire expansion to man up :colbert: and of course there's going to be more to come since her stint as a rebel leader was more symbolic than actually leading.

Fordola's eventual fate and how she goes forward is going to hinge upon her realization that by ordering fire upon the Skulls she proved herself a hypocrite: you want your people to be accepted in the Empire and then you kill those who have already passed the first hurdle, nice mixed message there.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

i am tim! posted:

Regarding the conversation about the Garlean Scientist, I wouldn't be surprised if he used that soul extraction stuff and downloaded himself into a Magitek Robot Body before dying. I wouldn't be disappointed either, he WAS criminally underused and I like the idea of a boss fight where he jumps from one big war machine to another trying to beat us.

Well I mean there probably won't be primals in the Garlemeld based expansion since that's mostly an Eorzean thing since the empire wiped out the beast tribes of its region so SOMEONE has to pilot/possess all the Emerald/Ruby/Sapphire WEAPON knock-offs we'll be fighting instead of primals.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

EponymousMrYar posted:

Fordola's eventual fate and how she goes forward is going to hinge upon her realization that by ordering fire upon the Skulls she proved herself a hypocrite: you want your people to be accepted in the Empire and then you kill those who have already passed the first hurdle, nice mixed message there.

Well, look at it from her perspective: she's the one, single Ala Mhigan Zenos has shown any kind of interest or respect in, and he currently controls the entirety of Ala Mhigo. He is an absolutely ruthless, bloodthirsty murderer who, at the time of the firing, has one of the most powerful Primals in existence at his beck and call. If the one Ala Mhigan he's shown any kind of trust in disobeys his direct order and goes rogue, what's he likely to do?

Hypocrisy isn't what damns her, necessarily. Fordola's fatal flaw is that, despite all of her posturing otherwise, she is terribly meek and fatalistic. As a former protege of Gaius, she sees the world in very black-and-white terms: the strong will rule, and the weak will serve. Viewing Garlemald through that lens, attempting to oppose them is a fool's errand. But history is complex and unpredictable, and opposition being fruitless before doesn't mean that opposition will be fruitless again. That's what the whole Doma arc is about : Hien is genuinely afraid to repeat his mistake, and the people of Doma are seemingly too cowed to try and rise up, but a confluence of events come together to turn that on its head. Opposition suddenly isn't useless; the weak and the oppressed grab their pitchforks and bows and decimate the strong.

It's this point that really separates Lyse and Fordola as characters. Lyse doesn't accept things as they are: she's a rabble-rousing rulebreaker who's constantly questioning the status quo. Fordola accepts things as they are: she serves the current authority and assumes the status quo will be around forever. Beyond that, they're nearly identical: both tenacious women from Ala Mhigo with strong personal moral codes who desperately want freedom, and are willing to fight and die for it. ("You buy your freedom with blood!" and "Liberty or death!" are both digging at essentially the same idea.) They're even mirrored on the official poster for Stormblood to drive the point home. It's why I'm hoping we'll see more of Fordola in future patches: she's the perfect foil for Lyse, and both of them can grow as characters if they both finally stop grandstanding and attempt to understand the other.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Lalafells...are good

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Lizard Wizard posted:

Lalafells...are good

no they aren't

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

cheetah7071 posted:

no they aren't

Hear me out: they are

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I now know, without a doubt, that Lalafell Hearts.... are light.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I assume squeenix reports all lawaffle players to the proper authorities.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Saint Freak posted:

I assume squeenix reports all lawaffle players to the proper authorities.

Nah, they're lawaffle neutral.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Crafting is really fun until you fill up all your retainers. Then it becomes very frustrating. Please implement inventory Tetris, SE.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lizard Wizard posted:

Nah, they're lawaffle neutral.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

comingafteryouall posted:

Crafting is really fun until you fill up all your retainers. Then it becomes very frustrating. Please implement inventory Tetris, SE.

My retainers are all full of glamour gear that I'm totally 100% going to need some day and therefore can never sell, so I just keep my mats in my inventory and waste money by selling them, and then rebuying them when I inevitably need them again

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
Reminder, Yoshi-P confirmed lalafell is justice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I just slayed all of them. Scared?