Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

89 posted:

Now what?

Now you have a quest on each planet, the remaining adventures, the weekly challenges, and the endless grind until more content drops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

89 posted:

Ok, I put in a good 8 hours straight and beat the story. Some stuff was really reminiscent of Halo's campaigns and jeeez this game is pretty! Can't wait for the Xbox One X 😳

Now what?

I’m glad it’s not just me, I was getting major halo vibes during that mission to blow up the sun cannon

Not sure that anyone would care about campaign spoilers for this story but whatever

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

89 posted:

Now what?

Now do it two more times

Linx posted:

I’m glad it’s not just me, I was getting major halo vibes during that mission to blow up the sun cannon

Its a law that all modern fps feature a 'run across an exploding bridge' segment. No spoilertags because who cares

kecske fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Sep 12, 2017

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Actually your brain is programmed to see anything you program it to see.

Ie:

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

89 posted:

Ok, I put in a good 8 hours straight and beat the story. Some stuff was really reminiscent of Halo's campaigns and jeeez this game is pretty! Can't wait for the Xbox One X 😳

Now what?

Continue gearing towards 270-ish light level. Do the raid with friends or chill people (don't do the raid with angry dudes or LFG's). Then do Trials of the nine with 3 cool guys.

For trials of the nine you can try LFG sites. Again focus on searching cool guys that are chill, but somebody that know what is doing and don't talk much is ok.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

OdinsBeard posted:

Your brain is programmed to see faces, not alt right imagery. It's not a coincidence.

I definitely think they kek thing is a coincidence. It's a pretty generic design, and certainly something someone could accidentally add somewhere when they were just making symmetrical doodles. Even if it had been put there intentionally, keep in mind that content from Destiny 2 has been in development for quite a while. This time last year, most people would still think kek was a silly WoW reference that somewhat annoyingly took over the word lol in certain parts of the internet. Pepe used to be just a popular character from a pretty decent comic, too. Bungie is not a company that would intentionally employ nazis, nor are they the sort that would fail to recognize something like that if someone tried to sneak it in, so the most likely explanation is that its just a generic design and nobody noticed the similarity to this symbol during development. Hell, I wouldn't have noticed if it hadn't been pointed out, and this is the only place I've even seen this being discussed, so clearly it isn't as glaring as some people here are making it out to be.

In any case, I sincerely hope it gets changed, because I really like the look of those arms minus the kek poo poo, and now that its been pointed out to me I can't ignore it.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Norns posted:

The shader complaints seem super overblown now that I'm in the 260s.

I guess if you recolor your armor every 15 minutes it could be a problem?

I actually really hate it because in D1 I generally only used like 4 shaders, so it does me no good to have 5 of a thousand different types, especially with how quickly gear changes

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

I actually really hate it because in D1 I generally only used like 4 shaders, so it does me no good to have 5 of a thousand different types, especially with how quickly gear changes

They should offer an exchange system. 3 to one ratio or something.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Funkmaster General posted:

I definitely think they kek thing is a coincidence. It's a pretty generic design, and certainly something someone could accidentally add somewhere when they were just making symmetrical doodles. Even if it had been put there intentionally, keep in mind that content from Destiny 2 has been in development for quite a while. This time last year, most people would still think kek was a silly WoW reference that somewhat annoyingly took over the word lol in certain parts of the internet. Pepe used to be just a popular character from a pretty decent comic, too. Bungie is not a company that would intentionally employ nazis, nor are they the sort that would fail to recognize something like that if someone tried to sneak it in, so the most likely explanation is that its just a generic design and nobody noticed the similarity to this symbol during development. Hell, I wouldn't have noticed if it hadn't been pointed out, and this is the only place I've even seen this being discussed, so clearly it isn't as glaring as some people here are making it out to be.

In any case, I sincerely hope it gets changed, because I really like the look of those arms minus the kek poo poo, and now that its been pointed out to me I can't ignore it.

It's not in any freaking way a coincidence dude.

But the second part of your post is right. It's probably some dumb libertarian shitlord riding the Kek wave from a while back and it was done a long time back and probably approved before trump got elected by these chuds. hopefully he's one of the guys who is now "oh poo poo this stuff has a real impact on people" but who knows.

Either way remove it and hopefully all this guys' coworkers ostracize him or something.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Considering Destiny 1 had an entire series of crucible gear with hilarious Seahawks references and colors, I'm not going to give Bungie the benefit of assuming it was 100% a crazy coincidence.

Their employees have access to the internet too, and considering the game is balanced based on what people cry about on reddit, they obviously spend a lot of time mashing F5 over there too.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
This "K, three lines, mirrored K with a specific green and white palate" sure is a common design.

*looks down at KeK brand toothbrush and deodorant, realizes it's 2069 and Baron "Mountain Dew" Trump is President of Idiocracy America*

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Can someone post a pic, I have no idea what the kek armor is

KillTylerDurden
May 15, 2004
I watched Fight Club one too many times.
There's a post on Reddit saying Bright Engram XP is scaling, he cites data from destinytracker.com

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I've seen that happen first-hand and it was awesome.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Can someone post a pic, I have no idea what the kek armor is

Destiny 2 armor:

Kekistan flag:

It's close enough to be embarrassing but it's not exactly identical.

It will get quietly patched out and we'll never know what the artist was thinking or if anyone was disciplined.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

What are we? games journalist? lets talke about videogame and let the politics fakegates to Poligon, Kotaku and RPS.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

KillTylerDurden posted:

There's a post on Reddit saying Bright Engram XP is scaling, he cites data from destinytracker.com

I wouldn't care about this at all if I could target emotes I wanted. :/

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro
It’s not a coincidence lmao

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Tei posted:

What are we? games journalist? lets talke about videogame and let the politics fakegates to Poligon, Kotaku and RPS.

considering you live in some far off land where this isn't really an issue, i understand you not giving a poo poo, but the vast majority of us live in america where this sort of thing is a very real problem in 2017

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Nah there are totally four lines on the armor. The flag only has three. Totally different and in no way related.

They need to finish patching the database so we can get on with playing this big dumb baby game.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Ultimate Mango posted:

Nah there are totally four lines on the armor. The flag only has three. Totally different and in no way related.

They need to finish patching the database so we can get on with playing this big dumb baby game.

can you count man

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

considering you live in some far off land where this isn't really an issue, i understand you not giving a poo poo, but the vast majority of us live in america where this sort of thing is a very real problem in 2017

the world is full of actual problems, pretend nazi manchildren and the sheltered bitches complaining about them aren't one of them.

KillTylerDurden
May 15, 2004
I watched Fight Club one too many times.

Mr. Unlucky posted:

the world is full of actual problems, pretend nazi manchildren and the sheltered bitches complaining about them aren't one of them.

This post is legit fire. Let's get more people like this around here.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
https://twitter.com/bungie/status/907648309740822528

maintenance was to remove the kek gear, confirmed

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

KillTylerDurden posted:

My favorite part about the monetization meltdown is that it was over shaders and not the XP item that makes the game puke exotics at you.

Also, Bungie help is calling this scheduled maintenance, like they "scheduled" it just before 2am local time to take place 5 hours later.

Also also, this hotfix might be related to The following:

I hope they also hotfix the prism cycle so it doesn't shift so drat fast. Or give Hard Light the ability to switch elements by holding down the reload button like that one exotic sniper.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
the normalization of radical white supremacists is a very real problem that actually exists and affects tons of people beyond 'sheltered bitches' lmao shut the gently caress up you moron

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I dont know if im going crazy but on the screen where your ship descends towards a planet after coming out of the warp animation I swear theres a windows error noise playing in the ambient sound (this is on xbone).

I keep forgetting about it until I hear it each time.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Quick someone find twitter accounts for all the artists listed in the game credits and find the one that suddenly starts complaining about having lost their job.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Legs Benedict posted:

https://twitter.com/bungie/status/907648309740822528

maintenance was to remove the kek gear, confirmed

This is good.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

kecske posted:

I dont know if im going crazy but on the screen where your ship descends towards a planet after coming out of the warp animation I swear theres a windows error noise playing in the ambient sound (this is on xbone).

I keep forgetting about it until I hear it each time.

I noticed this too while playing Crucible last night. Thought I was going nuts.

Also lol "look maybe someone just independently designed the kekistan flag, totally coincidentally" is the Destiny version of "no really, they're sun wheels!"

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

I was looking around to find the image to post here, but it seems like nobody else is talking about this anywhere - this thread is the only place I can find anything about it. Arguing about whether it was intentional or not is pointless, but it seems pretty clear that the number of people who noticed it either way is pretty low. That also means the chance that it'll be changed seems pretty low, at least until someone makes a stink about it somewhere more visible.

edit: Whelp, timing lol. Glad to be wrong on this one; I just want to wear those cool arm blades without having anyone think I'm some /pol/ shithead.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Please Bungie replace the armor with a rainbow graphic.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i'm glad the pepes are probably mad and i'm glad of all the collaborators outing themselves in this thread

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Mr. Unlucky posted:

:stoked::stoked::stoked::stoked::stoked::stoked::stoked::stoked::stoked::stoked::stoked::stoked::stoked::stoked::stoked::stoked::stoked::stoked:
:stoked::stoked::stoked::stoked::stoked::stoked::stoked::stoked::stoked::stoked::stoked::stoked::stoked::stoked::stoked::stoked::stoked::stoked:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Funkmaster General posted:

I was looking around to find the image to post here, but it seems like nobody else is talking about this anywhere - this thread is the only place I can find anything about it. Arguing about whether it was intentional or not is pointless, but it seems pretty clear that the number of people who noticed it either way is pretty low. That also means the chance that it'll be changed seems pretty low, at least until someone makes a stink about it somewhere more visible.

wanna bet

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

What the gently caress

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Bungie: "My account was hacked"

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Republicans posted:

I hope they also hotfix the prism cycle so it doesn't shift so drat fast. Or give Hard Light the ability to switch elements by holding down the reload button like that one exotic sniper.

i wish they'd either use an icon or keep the last element change message up because it can be hard to see in a tense firefight

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

i wish they'd either use an icon or keep the last element change message up because it can be hard to see in a tense firefight

This seems to be exactly what they intended to do but it's broken.

I'm more curious what was so broken about this week's modifier that they yanked it entirely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Isn't that what they said they were hotfixing?