Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I'm gonna wait one month to do the raid until goons or my friends bring it down to a science and then let them carry me through it in thirty minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Calaveron posted:

I'm gonna wait one month to do the raid until goons or my friends bring it down to a science and then let them carry me through it in thirty minutes

no you should totally come smash your groin on it with us, it'll be funnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Not sure how I feel about a few radar changes and full disclaimer I only having a handful of Competitive matches under my belt so far. Just an FYI I played an unhealthy amount of D1 Vanilla, mainly PvP with raiding to get items for PvP. I fell off shortly after TKK so I'm assuming these are new change unless they were implemented in an expac after.

• Using your sites and losing radar - I can't tell if I like it disappearing for 1-2 seconds after zooming or hate it. Right now I hate it, but that's due to muscle memory from D1. On the other hand it makes sense. The only time anyone who was halfway decent in the Crucible was looking at the map was when they were aiming at someone.

• Radar loss on jump - Dumb for Quickmatch Crucible, kind of makes sense for Competitive. So far I've only played Competitive since it was on the dailies yesterday so I'm not 100% that this is in both. If it's in Quickmatch then that's just dumb. I get what they're going for. It's 4v4 with small maps and the whole reason Activision is involved in this is because they want a piece of that esport pie that they lost with the past few CoDs (only America and the UK care about that game, viewshi dropped with each release after one of the Black Ops). In D1 I was glued to my radar. After a couple weeks you knew where everyone on the team was based on your location and how deep the red pinged. Anyone that was halfway decent only looked at the gameplay to aim down the sights and shoot the red dot when it appeared. Just like the radar loss on zoom I'm going to like this once I get used to it and should D2 actually not get totally hosed up like Overwatch then add a little more intensity to the match and for those of us that just enjoy PvP.

Removing the radar during those two situations in Quickmatch, especially jumping in is loving stupid. Someone correct me if I'm wrong (can't look, servers down) but anyone halfway decent at PvP in D1 was a radar fiend. Casuals need it to have a shred of hope. Most look at the screen more than the radar which is arguably much more fun than us tryhards but you as essentially giving your opponent a map hack. That said D1 never really figured out how to properly group people so hopefully we'll see a better algorithm this time around. It's hard to tell if it changed due to the current level spread level 5's are getting put in Competitive games with 280s.

Expect D2 PvP to undergo quite a few tweaks and changes over the next few months leading up to the PC release. I've worked for major endemic esports company and I deal directly with the teams and the esports arm of every major company that has a worthwhile hand in the space, except Riot cause they're kid who everyone knows but doesn't want anyone to know them.

Activation and a few Blizzard guys/girls have mixed with the somewhat inexperienced esports Bungie crew to create a very inexperienced esports group of people with a title they want to make into a success esport and unlimited funds. As much as I'd love to see another good FPS on the scene I personally don't think Destiny will ever pass a tier3 maybe 2 if they're lucky because of how fast paced it is, and how the skill ceiling is significantly lower than DotA, LoL CS:GO's. Combine that with a company who's now cry's themselves to sleep with Blizzard because Blizzard passed on DotA2 then couple that with the most insane plan to force Overwatch into the tier1's of Twitch viewers (they're not even close to 25) and have yet to even make an attempt at fixing spectator mode which is arguably the first thin you'd want to do before going and getting investors like Jerry Jones and Robert Kraft. At least Destiny is not as chaotic to watch but again expect to see PvP changes for everyone and then a new rule set that extends timers on HA and Supers and hopefully they stick to just a few map modes cause goddamn is the bomb one bad. Their Control and unique TDM are going to shine through if this works (if = >5%). Id love to see Bungie succeed but at best this game will fall on the level of CoD/Halo for esports and get carried into the expansions by Destiny established streamers since the majority of fans want to see the raids that they aren't able to do.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Bungo is doing the right thing and is being lightning quick about it too. Good for them.
Imagine if they had to take like a week to do it, and we'd have to suffer through BUT MY FREE SPEACH hot takes everywhere. Yuck.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Republicans posted:

I hope we get more Eric Andre Show.

It may be a while, he's said that it's getting harder to get people on the show because he's not a total unknown anymore. I wish he could do it forever, the show is amazing.

Got Sweet Business a few days ago, but I'm not sure what to make of it. It's too slow for PvP and there's better alternatives for PvE, so I'm not sure what use it's supposed to be. Seems like a garbage exotic? :shrug:

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

*birbing intensifies*

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Is there any word on strike or nightfall-specific drops?

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Roman posted:

Imagine if they had to take like a week to do it, and we'd have to suffer through BUT MY FREE SPEACH hot takes everywhere. Yuck.

Dude, we're still going to get it.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Rick_Hunter posted:

I know, but it won't be as bad since they're getting rid of it so quick, and there won't be green frog themed dipshits running around for a whole week. People will move on to other news

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Good passage that counters the 'but what about FREE SPEECH' edge lords:

"But that's a shell game where in the name of fairness someone can be asked to provide endless proof of what is evident to the naked eye. It's a way to make victims and targets seem ridiculous while their abusers and assailants are portrayed as mere jesters from the court of internet dadaism, with no connection to real-world harassment and violence."

https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/8x84kp/destiny-2-included-a-legendary-gauntlet-with-a-white-supremacist-logo?utm_source=wptwitterus

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
the amount of white dudes screaming about 'sjws' when they removed an item most of these people didn't even know about is absolutely hilarious

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Frog Justice Warriors triggered by videogame, I am Jack's complete lack of surprise

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Since we're all waiting for Destiny 2 to come back and fill our empty lives, here's some screenshots.

Warlock looking Dark Souls as hell:

The loadout:

The Hunter:

loving magnet ships, how do they work?

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

DrNutt posted:

Since we're all waiting for Destiny 2 to come back and fill our empty lives, here's some screenshots.

Warlock looking Dark Souls as hell:

The loadout:

The Hunter:

That Crown looks Crota as gently caress

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Waffle House posted:

That Crown looks Crota as gently caress

I'm a fan of the included gold bangle earrings myself.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Rick_Hunter posted:

Yeah I looked at reddit and I shouldn't have done that :yikes:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

loving lmao how did I miss this

Tainted Ham
Apr 19, 2009
Anyone getting any milliege out of the nightstalker in pve? I put all my points into the attunement with the stun grenades and dodge invisibility but it seems more suited for the crucible now that ive tried it out in the wild.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

DrNutt posted:

I'm a fan of the included gold bangle earrings myself.

oh dang that is pretty stylish. brb praising the sun

Zebrasectomy posted:

Anyone getting any milliege out of the nightstalker in pve? I put all my points into the attunement with the stun grenades and dodge invisibility but it seems more suited for the crucible now that ive tried it out in the wild.

I loving love the tether, it's how we melted the Nightfall boss last week. Void came up, everyone coincidentally was rolling that for heavy, and we just unloaded on him with the +crit tether. The smoke grenades are a nice compliment to any of the grenades; Firewall grenades will work "best" for PVE because it's easiest to place the damage, but void and spike grenades are aite too.

Spikes are better for PVP imo

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Roman posted:

I know, but it won't be as bad since they're getting rid of it so quick, and there won't be green frog themed dipshits running around for a whole week. People will move on to other news

HAT FETISH posted:

Yeah I looked at reddit and I shouldn't have done that :yikes:

you imbecile. you loving moron.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Waffle House posted:

oh dang that is pretty stylish. brb praising the sun

That emote better come back because it's the only thing I would dare replace my ramen emote with.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

the good fax machine posted:

*birbing intensifies*

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
speaking of weird hate groups, apparently totally randomly two people ended up playing against me with the clan tags 'GAS' and 'JEWS'

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Zebrasectomy posted:

It still creates a shitload of orbs, I have an exotic pair of boots that gives me energy for all my abilities for each enemy it tethers, using that on a group of like 7 guys in a strike got me back 75% of my super bar and recharged all my other abilities fully so it's pretty good, you're definitely on the money about it being more utility focused and probably better in PVP though.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

DrNutt posted:

That emote better come back because it's the only thing I would dare replace my ramen emote with.

I still haven't gotten the Spicy emote, I really want it, but I'm sure RNG will bless me within the year. It already gave me a void Uriel's Gift so

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i got the draws down emote, which is the second best after the table flip.

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

DrNutt posted:

Holy gently caress, this is my jam

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

:siren: I am receiving tentative reports that the servers are back up :siren:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

did you see it in a cube map?

Biff Rockgroin
Jun 17, 2005

Go to commercial!

So I understand Resilience and Recovery, but what exactly does Mobility do? Should I be stacking it as a hunter? I thought it made you faster, but my slow rear end Titan friend runs just as fast as me with me at 10 mobility and him at 2.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Biff Rockgroin posted:

So I understand Resilience and Recovery, but what exactly does Mobility do? Should I be stacking it as a hunter? I thought it made you faster, but my slow rear end Titan friend runs just as fast as me with me at 10 mobility and him at 2.

If it's like D1, the benefit is there but it's very small. You can jump a bit higher with max agilitiy/mobility than if you have it zeroed out.

Only time it was ever a thing though is when people were trying to climb to the top of felwinter's peak.

Haven't figured out if D2's implementation is different but it doesn't feel like it.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

xzzy posted:

did you see it in a cube map?

No I saw it in a queueb map

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

thebardyspoon posted:

It still creates a shitload of orbs, I have an exotic pair of boots that gives me energy for all my abilities for each enemy it tethers, using that on a group of like 7 guys in a strike got me back 75% of my super bar and recharged all my other abilities fully so it's pretty good, you're definitely on the money about it being more utility focused and probably better in PVP though.

These boots are super great and i use them on my nightstalker as well. Basically if you tether a group of at least 5 enemies you're probably gonna get your super back right away.

I hated nightstalker in pvp though because it felt so squishy compared to my titan, the arrows dont' auto lock onto players anymore so you're probably not gonna kill anyone with the super outright, and it seems to not cancel supers anymore (not sure about this one i tethered a palpatine lock and he still killed me with lightning).

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I don't really get why Recovery, Resilience and Mobility stats are even a thing. I guess more numbers and bars are always fun.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
something i've noticed is that arcstriders, when suppressed, still seem able to attack if they keep spamming the input. i've been killed a bunch by arcstrider supers only to see the suppression effect on their model when it pans to their character

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Linx posted:

Holy gently caress, this is my jam

I have this ship, and it looks even better than in the screenshot.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Is there a signup for raid groups?

Because let's do it folks.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

strangemusic posted:

Is there a signup for raid groups?

Because let's do it folks.

look in private game servers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Calaveron posted:

Same but only because I don't really have that kind of time anymore.