Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tom Perez B/K/M?
This poll is closed.
B 77 25.50%
K 160 52.98%
M 65 21.52%
Total: 229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Reik posted:

Is there where we make snarky posts about mainstream Democrats saying Bernie's ideas were too extreme and could never get passed and now like 5-6 Democrat senators are co-sponsoring his Medicare for All bill?

Let's be real - they're co-sponsoring it because it's 100% not going to pass, but they can use it as ammunition when they are primaried. It does show movement, and that's good, but we're a long way from winning.

Just do what the Tea Party did: demand concessions, then primary them anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Pelosi is a mess

E:

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Just do what the Tea Party did: demand concessions, then primary them anyway.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Lol at the inevitable dem civil war over single payer and some of the dems who support it punching left.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Mr Hootington posted:

Lol at the inevitable dem civil war over single payer and some of the dems who pay lip service to it while it currently won't succeed punching left.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

hillary's a pathetic shell of a human being. pretending she exited the 2008 primary gracefully is especially sad. she tried to claim she won cause she got more total votes than obama

dunno how she forgot total votes aren't the most important thing in 8 years, but it doesn't show much wonkiness...

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

https://twitter.com/dubsteppenwolf/status/907376702963290112

always gross when people say this kind of poo poo. it's entirely backwards. you have to work for peoples' votes

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Condiv posted:

always gross when people say this kind of poo poo. it's entirely backwards. you have to work for peoples' votes
I think she's being sarcastic.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Condiv posted:

Even as a centrist as I am this is a new level of lovely.

Mr Hootington posted:

Lol at the inevitable dem civil war over single payer and some of the dems who support it punching left.

It does appear the biggest divide is going to be for support of single payer. It'll be interesting to see if dems openly supporting it succeeded in 2018. Will Tom Perez play favorites based on this issue do you think?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Skyscraper posted:

lol

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Skyscraper posted:

I tried reading it pretty generously (as centrists are wont to do) and I can't say it is sarcasm.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
in fairness that is literally just some random fan of hillary's

a particularly, hilariously noxious one, to be sure, but you might as well go diving into trump's replies twitter to explain why he's bad

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Unbelievably Fat Man posted:

You would think someone who isn't even in your party offering a serious primary challenge to the heir apparent would give some pause at least, but when you're 100% certain of your world view...
Same with "We can't support candidates in deeply red districts! We're too toxic in those places! They're better off without our help!"

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Ze Pollack posted:

a particularly, hilariously noxious one, to be sure, but you might as well go diving into trump's replies twitter to explain why he's bad

this is also true, but I think it is safe to say that there was a sense of entitlement with regards to hillary's vote expectation.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Ze Pollack posted:

buddy you dont even know the half of it

https://twitter.com/i/moments/907418935015776258

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Even as a centrist as I am this is a new level of lovely.

It does appear the biggest divide is going to be for support of single payer. It'll be interesting to see if dems openly supporting it succeeded in 2018. Will Tom Perez play favorites based on this issue do you think?

Nobody gives a poo poo about the DNC and the dems are going to lose in 2018 after the idiot moderate republicans centrists start burning the party down by supporting the tax plan the repubs propose.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

Nobody gives a poo poo about the DNC and the dems are going to lose in 2018 after the idiot moderate republicans centrists start burning the party down by supporting the tax plan the repubs propose.

I haven't seen any indication that the DNC plans to support any tax plan. Can you show me what is making you think this way? Also, the DNC is going to be a pretty critical component of success whether you want them to be or not.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Skyscraper posted:

nah, she's been like this forever. also apparently she face-swapped her profile pic with hillary?

vs

https://twitter.com/buttermilkbup/status/907381861210398720

is what she actually looks like :yikes:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

I haven't seen any indication that the DNC plans to support any tax plan. Can you show me what is making you think this way? Also, the DNC is going to be a pretty critical component of success whether you want them to be or not.

That component is faulty, and should be replaced.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

No.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Skyscraper posted:

Have you ever heard of her?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Ze Pollack posted:

people demanding people's votes because they're x and should know better is always gross

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Condiv posted:

nah, she's been like this forever. also apparently she face-swapped her profile pic with hillary?

vs

That's a really stupid conspiracy theory, the lower pictures look like her profile pic, she just took that one from a different angle, in different light, with different make up. Her nasolabial fold is prominent as it is on Hillary, but that's apparent even from her other pics, the angle from above merely makes them less apparent.

The only sad thing about her profile pic is the hairline.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Condiv posted:

vs

oh no :(

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Also, the DNC is going to be a pretty critical component of success whether you want them to be or not.
A big part of their strategy for winning districts is "don't get involved" so basically the DNC itself disagrees with you on this.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Mister Facetious posted:

That component is faulty, and should be replaced.

Yeah, that's kinda the point of the thread. Replace the members of the DNC, but I doubt you are going to replace the DNC by 2018. In the mean time it may be useful to know what they plan to do in 2018 as far as funding candidates, and who they are likely to favor. no?

Got it, you have no actual information to base this opinion on, and are just poo poo posting. Thanks.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

steinrokkan posted:

That's a really stupid conspiracy theory, the lower pictures look like her profile pic, she just took that one from a different angle, in different light, with different make up. Her nasolabial fold is prominent as it is on Hillary, but that's apparent even from her other pics, the angle from above merely makes them less apparent.

a conspiracy theory is a theory with more than one person acting in tandem towards some secret goal. this is a stupid rumour, but still fun

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Kilroy posted:

A big part of their strategy for winning districts is "don't get involved" so basically the DNC itself disagrees with you on this.

right, and that needs to change. in the mean time, i would still like to know what the actual game plan is for 2018. It will be interesting to see if Perez pulls the same poo poo as others have in the past.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

right, and that needs to change. in the mean time, i would still like to know what the actual game plan is for 2018. It will be interesting to see if Perez pulls the same poo poo as others have in the past.

Perez promised to have a 50 state strategy. So far he has really come short of that promise.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Condiv posted:

a conspiracy theory is a theory with more than one person acting in tandem towards some secret goal. this is a stupid rumour, but still fun

As a radical centrist I must protect literal trash person Candice Aiston from slander.

BTW, I recently made a Twitter account just to respond to her tweet, it had no followers or even a profile pic, and she still blocked me. That woman must spend like all her time curating her loving account.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I don't think there's anything especially obvious - or anything really - from the DNC suggesting a stance on tax reform, but there are members of the house like Tim Ryan who have come out as proponents of the GOP's plans as presented. Aside from him that there's been no real voice one way or the other, as far as I recall, though I'm not expecting Ryan to be all on his lonesome when it comes to peddling right-wing tax policy.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

steinrokkan posted:

Perez promised to have a 50 state strategy. So far he has really come short of that promise.

Yeah, it would seem so. Any thoughts on what is preventing him from getting something done? I have avoided most DNC informartion since the lection so I am not sure what the internals look like at the moment other then ellison and perez trying to pick up pieces left over from DWS.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Yeah, that's kinda the point of the thread. Replace the members of the DNC, but I doubt you are going to replace the DNC by 2018. In the mean time it may be useful to know what they plan to do in 2018 as far as funding candidates, and who they are likely to favor. no?

Got it, you have no actual information to base this opinion on, and are just poo poo posting. Thanks.

I'm a pundit.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Yeah, it would seem so. Any thoughts on what is preventing him from getting something done? I have avoided most DNC informartion since the lection so I am not sure what the internals look like at the moment other then ellison and perez trying to pick up pieces left over from DWS.

I don't think it's a problem of him being prevented from acting, but rather a problem of nobody forcing him to act. The Dems have been having trouble fundraising, but a 50 state strategy shouldn't be hamstrung by that, it should rely on small, high return investments into so far neglected local branches.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Radish posted:

If I was Hillary Clinton I would take all my money and just vamoose to a tropical paradise, live off my wealth in my twilight years, and hang out with all the rich people I considers my peers. I wouldn't even need to be with Bill anymore if I didn't feel like it since who gives a poo poo about optics when you just bug out. It sounds a lot more fun than wasting time with this stupid tour.

A photo surfaces of Hillary with a harem of balding 30/40-something men.

Majorian posted:

My money's still on MIGF, but there really are so many candidates.

MIGF always gave me the impression of being a genuine troll (in the sense of fake-posting for the sake of humor).

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Sep 12, 2017

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

no idea, but the genesis of this specific thread was perez going back on his 50-state strategy with ignoring ks04. amazingly, a bunch of people rushed in to assure me that it was just a one-time thing and perez was going to support more than ossoff, and that ossoff wasn't being supported just because he had interned under the D.C. dems.

Condiv fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Sep 12, 2017

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

https://twitter.com/katereadsbks/status/907662831822110720

:barf:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

odd how hillary doesn't hold herself similarly accountable for failing to campaign in key states and areas

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

steinrokkan posted:

He couldn't even give an answer to Chuck Todd of all people as to whether or not he was even providing the Alabama senate race with staff and funding. The most pessimistic reading of this particular case is that Jones, an advocate for increasing the minimum wage and improving health care beyond simply saying 'ACA good', is a low priority for DNC attention due to the whims of the same people who felt the need to intervene in the DNC elections.

I guess the optimistic reading, then, would be their rationale being 'lol Alabama' in a race where Jones' opponent is going to be someone who thinks gays should be executed.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Jesus Christ, there is no bottom to how much of a terrible person she is. In an alternate reality she would have been a great Stalin-like figure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

I'm a pundit.

Checks out.

Condiv posted:

no idea, but the genesis of this specific thread was perez going back on his 50-state strategy with ignoring ks04. amazingly, a bunch of people rushed in to assure me that it was just a one-time thing and perez was going to support more than ossoff, and that ossoff wasn't being supported cause he had interned under the D.C. dems.

steinrokkan posted:

I don't think it's a problem of him being prevented from acting, but rather a problem of nobody forcing him to act. The Dems have been having trouble fundraising, but a 50 state strategy shouldn't be hamstrung by that, it should rely on small, high return investments into so far neglected local branches.

Has Ellison made any rumblings since the election? I can't imagine he's too happy with the state of things. Last I heard he and Perez were working together on strategy, but it doesn't seem like they've actually changed anything.

• Locked thread