Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tom Perez B/K/M?
This poll is closed.
B 77 25.50%
K 160 52.98%
M 65 21.52%
Total: 229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Office Pig posted:

He couldn't even give an answer to Chuck Todd of all people as to whether or not he was even providing the Alabama senate race with staff and funding. The most pessimistic reading of this particular case is that Jones, an advocate for increasing the minimum wage and improving health care beyond simply saying 'ACA good', is a low priority for DNC attention due to the whims of the same people who felt the need to intervene in the DNC elections.

I guess the optimistic reading, then, would be their rationale being 'lol Alabama' in a race where Jones' opponent is going to be someone who thinks gays should be executed.

The argument I've seen used is that supporting candidates in Alabama would tie them to overwhelmingly unpopular DNC figures like Pelosi, and therefore sink their chances. Which seems absolutely ridiculous, it's not like these candidates aren't linking themselves to a wider Democrat identity by running under their banner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

steinrokkan posted:

The argument I've seen used is that supporting candidates in Alabama would tie them to overwhelmingly unpopular DNC figures like Pelosi, and therefore sink their chances. Which seems absolutely ridiculous, it's not like these candidates aren't linking themselves to a wider Democrat identity by running under their banner.

Yeah, this kind of calculation is a major issue, and I am just beginning to understand how bad it is. If they won't run on their principles, then no wonder people can't trust them.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Checks out.

Has Ellison made any rumblings since the election? I can't imagine he's too happy with the state of things. Last I heard he and Perez were working together on strategy, but it doesn't seem like they've actually changed anything.

he has not, and i don't think he has much room to do so. he's lower on the totem pole than a whole bunch of people, considering his position in the organization was invented on the spot by perez (there's at least 4 vice chairs above him, even if you think he outranks the other elected DNC leadership)

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

I can never tell what's real with these excerpts

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Hillary dealt with the consequences of hers by writing a drat book about how the buck stops everywhere but with her lol

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Condiv posted:

he has not, and i don't think he has much room to do so. he's lower on the totem pole than a whole bunch of people, considering his position in the organization was invented on the spot by perez (there's at least 4 vice chairs above him, even if you think he outranks the other elected DNC leadership)

Thanks for the insight. I need to start following relevant DNC figures again to keep up on this stuff. Any recomendations for that kind of thing?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
The best part of Hillary's book is that she wrote it in the additional home she bought, right next door to her "real" home, because when she became President she was going to need the extra space.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Thanks for the insight. I need to start following relevant DNC figures again to keep up on this stuff. Any recomendations for that kind of thing?

no, this is just what i remember from the dnc elections, sorry :(

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Has Ellison made any rumblings since the election? I can't imagine he's too happy with the state of things. Last I heard he and Perez were working together on strategy, but it doesn't seem like they've actually changed anything.

Ellison has actually come out in favor of several good policy measures: single-payer health care, a universal basic income system bolstered by a social safety net, so on and so forth. Which is good, but only for Ellison himself, as this has had minimal, or more likely zero effect on what happens in the DNC. He can post good policy on twitter all he wants, but it doesn't outweigh the reality that Neera Tanden and her ilk are going to have actual pull over what happens within the organization.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Office Pig posted:

Ellison has actually come out in favor of several good policy measures: single-payer health care, a universal basic income system bolstered by a social safety net, so on and so forth. Which is good, but only for Ellison himself, as this has had minimal, or more likely zero effect on what happens in the DNC. He can post good policy on twitter all he wants, but it doesn't outweigh the reality that Neera Tanden and her ilk are going to have actual pull over what happens within the organization.

I know nothing of Neera Tanden, should I?

Condiv posted:

no, this is just what i remember from the dnc elections, sorry :(

No worries, thanks for the input.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Bigwig at Center for American Progress, a pretty bought-and-paid-for liberal thinktank that tries to figure out ways to means test how many organs poor kids should have to donate to get a tax credit for college tuition. She was a likely candidate for a high position in the White House if Clinton won.

Since Clinton did not win, she spends her time getting in fights with dirtbag leftists on twitter, and being shamed regularly for floating the idea that Libyan oil reserves should be used to pay for the US intervention there in an email thread with a bunch of other DNC wigs that got leaked.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

ClancyEverafter posted:

Bigwig at Center for American Progress, a pretty bought-and-paid-for liberal thinktank that tries to figure out ways to means test how many organs poor kids should have to donate to get a tax credit for college tuition. She was a likely candidate for a high position in the White House if Clinton won.

Since Clinton did not win, she spends her time getting in fights with dirtbag leftists on twitter, and being shamed regularly for floating the idea that Libyan oil reserves should be used to pay for the US intervention there in an email thread with a bunch of other DNC wigs that got leaked.

More recently she was instrumental in killing the inclusion of $15 minimum wage into the Democratic Party's platform.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I think you meant to say THE MOST PROGGRESSIVE PLATFORM OF ALL TIME!

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Condiv posted:

nah, she's been like this forever. also apparently she face-swapped her profile pic with hillary?

vs

https://twitter.com/buttermilkbup/status/907381861210398720

is what she actually looks like :yikes:

Code name: iBrowse

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Office Pig posted:

More recently she was instrumental in killing the inclusion of $15 minimum wage into the Democratic Party's platform.

As a value-add, she also helped kill opposition to the TPP.
And to fracking.
And to Israel's illegal settlements.

And, as a cherry on top, also killed single payer and a carbon tax being included in the platform.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

The Kingfish posted:

It's still incredible how centrists try to shut down people with this line when they had to be dragged kicking and screaming to said platform.

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

Condiv posted:

https://twitter.com/dubsteppenwolf/status/907376702963290112

always gross when people say this kind of poo poo. it's entirely backwards. you have to work for peoples' votes

Oh god, this person comments a lot on a local Oregon politics group that I'm a follower of. During the election she was being absolutely insufferable with long screeds about Bernie bros and whatnot

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Cerebral Bore posted:

It's still incredible how centrists try to shut down people with this line when they had to be dragged kicking and screaming to said platform.

It's also bogus, FDR's Second Bill of Rights was way more progressive (and more necessary than ever, imo)

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

The Kingfish posted:

Progressing toward the right, maybe...

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Here is a photo of her:

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Yeah, it would seem so. Any thoughts on what is preventing him from getting something done? I have avoided most DNC informartion since the lection so I am not sure what the internals look like at the moment other then ellison and perez trying to pick up pieces left over from DWS.
The most important job Tom Perez had as DNC chair was to send a message to the party donor class owners that the party establishment would resist, at all costs, leftists and progressives getting a toehold in leadership. He fulfilled that purpose the instant he was elected - arguably before. Everything else was just bullshit to get elected without causing a literal riot. There is no 50-state strategy.

mission-accomplished.jpg

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

Here is a photo of her:

Wait, is she the one that thought the corncob meme was about rape, and got all upset at twitter people calling her a corncob?

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

on top of what's been said before: she is a laughably terrible liar

like, she was taped doing all the things above, and has repeatedly claimed not to have done them. when presented with the video evidence of her doing them, the traditional response is to block the people in question.

she's kind of exhibit A for the Clintons rewarding loyalty over competence, woman can't even lie about her past worth a drat.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Wait, is she the one that thought the corncob meme was about rape, and got all upset at twitter people calling her a corncob?

nah, that started with mr. What is "binch"? What is to be "corncobbed?".

she was certainly one of the people who tried to popularize that angle, though.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Mr Hootington posted:

Here is a photo of her:

Actually, we, the leftists, are the corncobs. Neera's got it all.

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

The best part of Hillary's book is that she wrote it in the additional home she bought, right next door to her "real" home, because when she became President she was going to need the extra space.

Extra space for what? Bribes?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Cerebral Bore posted:

And it was pretty weak anyway

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Mister Facetious posted:

Progressing toward the right, maybe...

So I've seen this a few times and it's always struck me as total bullshit. We perceive forward as meaning left to right. It would make no sense to have the arrow pointing to the left and would look like butts

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Ze Pollack posted:

on top of what's been said before: she is a laughably terrible liar

like, she was taped doing all the things above, and has repeatedly claimed not to have done them. when presented with the video evidence of her doing them, the traditional response is to block the people in question.

she's kind of exhibit A for the Clintons rewarding loyalty over competence, woman can't even lie about her past worth a drat.

P sure she also typed a fake email in her notes app and screenshotted it to prove this email was real and everyone just poo poo all over her

Jizz Festival
Oct 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Euphoriaphone posted:

Serious answer: for the secret service to stay in.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Euphoriaphone posted:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/22/politics/bill-clinton-hillary-clinton-new-house-chappaqua/index.html

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
I think an underrated part of all of this was that Hillary was clearly positioning herself to run to the right of Obama before Sanders' involvement in the primary. As late as 2014 she was hammering Obama on Iran and immigration. A lot of the hate is probably her having to defend her left flank.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

So I've seen this a few times and it's always struck me as total bullshit. We perceive forward as meaning left to right. It would make no sense to have the arrow pointing to the left and would look like butts

America also perceives the color red in a political context as Republican, and their conservative stance is always framed in terms of "standing/moving to the right".

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

joepinetree posted:

I think an underrated part of all of this was that Hillary was clearly positioning herself to run to the right of Obama before Sanders' involvement in the primary. As late as 2014 she was hammering Obama on Iran and immigration. A lot of the hate is probably her having to defend her left flank.

You saying she wanted to bring back the 90s?

Edit: Al Franken has just posted he isn't running in 2020.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Sep 12, 2017

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Mister Facetious posted:

America also perceives the color red in a political context as Republican, and their conservative stance is always framed in terms of "standing/moving to the right".

Red is also a good contrast color with blue and on a white background gives you the three most Murcan colors possible

Which makes more sense that it's a poorly thought out logo from an inept campaign or that its secret subliminal illuminati messaging letting us all know she was going to shift things right like come the gently caress on goddamn

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Yet more Thomas Frank:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMNYaRQ-MqY

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Red is also a good contrast color with blue and on a white background gives you the three most Murcan colors possible

Which makes more sense that it's a poorly thought out logo from an inept campaign or that its secret subliminal illuminati messaging letting us all know she was going to shift things right like come the gently caress on goddamn

I don't think the idea is that it was purposely intended to secretly communicate "We're gonna move to the right!" It's just an example of how incompetent the design was in general that it can easily be interpreted in that way (same goes for the red color).

I mean, it's not like the only options were "arrow to the left" or "arrow to the right." It's a logo, I'm sure it's possible to come up with something that can't easily be interpreted in ways that run contrary to the stated goals of the party/candidate. Obama's logo was good, for example.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Ytlaya posted:

I don't think the idea is that it was purposely intended to secretly communicate "We're gonna move to the right!" It's just an example of how incompetent the design was in general that it can easily be interpreted in that way (same goes for the red color).

I mean, it's not like the only options were "arrow to the left" or "arrow to the right." It's a logo, I'm sure it's possible to come up with something that can't easily be interpreted in ways that run contrary to the stated goals of the party/candidate. Obama's logo was good, for example.

an h but the cross bar is the barrel of a tank murdering a prole

Jizz Festival
Oct 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
A giant H looming over a cowering, piss-stained wretch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/weedmubarak/status/907740575377506304

• Locked thread