Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS
I loved it more than 30 tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009
31 is stronger top to bottom

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dave insisting the WWE Universe isn't a place absolutely cracked me up on WOR tonight :)

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Trying to recap the NJPW multiman finish was G1-block-final levels of "Um.... okay. So.... here we go. So Taka..... okay."

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Semp used to be good on Sin Limantay with Dave, but now sucks.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Bryan Alvarez is a nutjob and we love him for it, Semp is a boring mushmouth.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Luigi Thirty posted:

Bryan Alvarez is a nutjob and we love him for it, Semp is a boring mushmouth.

B "I'm trying to think how to explain how many people, 300 people is. Okay, imagine a car, k?"

C "oh here we go"

B "let's say you can get....5 people in a car, right?

V "This is going to be a long night"

B "Now imagine you've got 20 cars full of people. Imagine that in your head. Now imagine you have that many people......times 3!"

The defeated interjections by Vinny and Craig made this awful metaphor so much more amazing.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Their horrified discussion of War Games 98 was so great. Trying to figure out exactly how the rules of Warrior's teleportation worked and Bryan softly musing on the relevance of the jacket to his powers :allears:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Holy poo poo I came to post that.

So good!!!

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I still don't understand the collective delusion over the boring-rear end slog that was 31. 32 was a better wrestlemania because it was a hilarious train wreck while my recollection of 31 is a miasma of mediocre forgettable wrestling bookended by Seth doing cool things that can be recapped in a minute-long gif.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Dimebags Brain posted:

I still don't understand the collective delusion over the boring-rear end slog that was 31. 32 was a better wrestlemania because it was a hilarious train wreck while my recollection of 31 is a miasma of mediocre forgettable wrestling bookended by Seth doing cool things that can be recapped in a minute-long gif.

Expectations going into that show were absolutely dismal, and while none of the matches were particularly great, nothing was BAD. So when you're expecting a * show but you get a ***3/4 show you're like "holy poo poo this is the best thing ever."

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

they're all terrible. quit deluding yourselves.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dimebags Brain posted:

Really good tag match, one of the best traditional battle royals in years, great ladder match, good Orton/Rollins match, good Cena/Rusev, great main event and a hilarious trainwreck of Sting vs HHH.

Sounds like a hell of a slog!

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Seth Rollins Mania 31-Injury title run was basically Jinder's run with better workrate and even more people interfering (J&J, Kane, Taker, Jon Stewart)

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

At least Jinder is the top guy in his own group.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

it helps that Jinder never sent a dick pic to a nazi sympathizer.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

Really good tag match, one of the best traditional battle royals in years, great ladder match, good Orton/Rollins match, good Cena/Rusev, great main event and a hilarious trainwreck of Sting vs HHH.

Sounds like a hell of a slog!

I literally remember nothing from those matches besides the RKO, and I seriously doubt your ascertation that Randy Orton had a good singles match.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

I dunno, it doesn't seem that difficult to figure out to me. People remember WM31 as a good show because it's largely thought of as a show with good matches and a great, memorable main event. WM32's high points were much earlier in the show, it was much longer without much to show for it, and had a couple of stretches where it was either boring, bad, or both.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Jerusalem posted:

Their horrified discussion of War Games 98 was so great. Trying to figure out exactly how the rules of Warrior's teleportation worked and Bryan softly musing on the relevance of the jacket to his powers :allears:

Vinny gave that match positive stars. He's broken

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Web Jew.0 posted:

31 is stronger top to bottom

in what way? outside of the main, the goofy triple h/sting match with the bad finish, and that one spot in orton/rollins 30 is a way more compelling show, even if taker/lesnar is bad outside of the shock ending

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

31 had a unique atmosphere, plenty of memorable moments (the RKO, Sting finally wrestling in WWE, a loving tank), and enough good matches to sustain the show until the great main event. Really can't ask for more from a Mania without getting into top 10 status.

32 was so bad that I apologized to everyone who came over to watch it.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Wrestlemania is for the birds.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Charles Gnarwin posted:

31 had a unique atmosphere, plenty of memorable moments (the RKO, Sting finally wrestling in WWE, a loving tank), and enough good matches to sustain the show until the great main event. Really can't ask for more from a Mania without getting into top 10 status.

32 was so bad that I apologized to everyone who came over to watch it.

32 was dogshit but i thought we were talking 30 vs 31

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

In addition to Bryan, Vinny and Craig's discussion of War Games 98, their recounting of Giant vs Meng was so great I'm gonna track it down and watch it after NXT tonight, it sounds so amazing.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Dimebags Brain posted:

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

well that's just loving stupid

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

32 was five hours of spite booking that didn't even manage to get Roman over but also didn't convince them to give up on him.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

I was responding to the original argument and didn't even both addressing the subsequent assertion because it is ridiculous to claim that 31 is better than one of the best Manias of all time.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
More fuel for Bryan Alvarez:

https://twitter.com/wai0937/status/908042188516454403

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
32 was a loving funeral dirge and I'm baffled that anyone would prefer it to 31

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

"A hilarious train wreck" is an appropriate thing to say about a so-bad-its-good movie that lasts 90 minutes, not a 7 hour show of mostly tedium

Giant Murderbaby
Dec 16, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

In addition to Bryan, Vinny and Craig's discussion of War Games 98, their recounting of Giant vs Meng was so great I'm gonna track it down and watch it after NXT tonight, it sounds so amazing.

It was amazing. I loved his description of Giant being so physically wrecked leaving like he had just finished main eventing the Tokyo Dome even though it was only a 3 minute match.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Dave Meltzer has the weirdest loving opinions on things recently and I'm starting to find him almost unlistenable. I want to like him so bad but he's been going off on tangents that are so long and pointless even for him

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Dave owns you dope

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Big Bidness posted:

Dave owns you dope

I use to listen to him and enjoy him for years but he goes off about the dumbest poo poo now. He talked around himself in circles for 15 minutes about how dumb it was that Vince bled from a head butt from Kevin Owens because Bryan Danielson and Nigel never bled when they head butted eachother

Usually his tangents are charming but the last like two years ago they've gone into some weird "I'm just talking to talk" realm

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Aesop Poprock posted:

I use to listen to him and enjoy him for years but he goes off about the dumbest poo poo now. He talked around himself in circles for 15 minutes about how dumb it was that Vince bled from a head butt from Kevin Owens because Bryan Danielson and Nigel never bled when they head butted eachother

Oh I see what the problem is, you missed the point completely.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Aesop Poprock posted:

Usually his tangents are charming but the last like two years ago they've gone into some weird "I'm just talking to talk" realm

maybe try again with the playback speed set to .75 or something

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Lone Goat posted:

Oh I see what the problem is, you missed the point completely.

I guess, what was the point supposed to be

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Aesop Poprock posted:

I guess, what was the point supposed to be

Slamming your head into another person's head so hard it causes visible injury is extremely stupid. Bryan and Nigel both have broken brains due to, among other things, headbutts, and Shibata's stiff headbutts pretty much ended his career.

It is just a very stupid thing to do for the sake of a fake sport.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I thought it was funny when Dave was like "it's dumb, didnt they see what happened to Shibata!?" as if he thinks a 72 year old Vince McMahon watches Japanese wrestling

• Locked thread