Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I'd also suggest Kupp as another WR to target. I drafted him in ppr and he'll be good depth if you can get him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Parallelwoody posted:

I'm among the many people with a broken DJ, and I'm tired of sucking rear end in my league so I'll ask for advice. I'm in an 8 man ppr league with bonus points for big plays and this is my current roster:
QB Tom Brady, Marcus Mariota,
RB Jay Ajayi, Ty Montgomery, David Johnson, Joe mixon, Ameer abdulla
WR Michael Crabtree, DeVante Parker, Randall Cobb, Alshon Jeffery, Donte Moncrief, Marvin Jones Jr.
TE Gronk
KR matt prater
D steelers

I put in a waiver to drop Mixon for Cohen or jaquizz rogers, and drop moncrief for Golladay. I'm third in the waiver wire so least one of those will pass but is there someone else I should be targeting? Here's the top 5 available in each category:
RB Cohen, Steward, Thompson, Vareen, Tolbert
WR Thielen, Golladay, Agholor, Kupp, Fowler III

I'm in a 1qb 2rb 2wr 1te 1flex league if that helps.

Drop or trade Mariota you don't need a backup QB this is an 8 team league. You're fine at RB, but I would drop Prater to pick him up and then see if anyone wants a 2 for 1 trade.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
FIX YOUR FAAB BIDS

https://articles.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/09/tim_montgomery_says_josh_gordo.amp

edit: lmao /r/fantasyfootball has TWO josh gordon pieces on the front page

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Sep 13, 2017

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Parallelwoody posted:

I'm among the many people with a broken DJ, and I'm tired of sucking rear end in my league so I'll ask for advice. I'm in an 8 man ppr league with bonus points for big plays and this is my current roster:
QB Tom Brady, Marcus Mariota,
RB Jay Ajayi, Ty Montgomery, David Johnson, Joe mixon, Ameer abdulla
WR Michael Crabtree, DeVante Parker, Randall Cobb, Alshon Jeffery, Donte Moncrief, Marvin Jones Jr.
TE Gronk
KR matt prater
D steelers

I put in a waiver to drop Mixon for Cohen or jaquizz rogers, and drop moncrief for Golladay. I'm third in the waiver wire so least one of those will pass but is there someone else I should be targeting? Here's the top 5 available in each category:
RB Cohen, Steward, Thompson, Vareen, Tolbert
WR Thielen, Golladay, Agholor, Kupp, Fowler III

I'm in a 1qb 2rb 2wr 1te 1flex league if that helps.

Don't drop Mixon, your drop order should be Mariota with Moncreif as your 2nd drop. Odds are you can probably pick him back up in a couple weeks in a 8 man league, unless Brisset blows up.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Ok so I have a waiver put in to drop Mariota for cohen or thielen and then moncrief for thielen or golladay. Am I doing this right? Or was the advice beer gave me to drop my kicker, pick up one of these guys and try to trade?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Parallelwoody posted:

Ok so I have a waiver put in to drop Mariota for cohen or thielen and then moncrief for thielen or golladay. Am I doing this right? Or was the advice beer gave me to drop my kicker, pick up one of these guys and try to trade?

Honestly in an eight teamer the easiest way is to drop both and put in waiver bids for

Cohen (drop nobody)
Thielen (drop nobody)
Golladay (drop nobody)

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
Thoughts on Crowder in ppr going forward?

He was dropped and I'm just curious if he's worth the waiver claim this early in the year. Gut says no.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

decypher posted:

Thoughts on Crowder in ppr going forward?

He was dropped and I'm just curious if he's worth the waiver claim this early in the year. Gut says no.

abso fuckin lutely

he had his worst game of the season, as did washington, and he still had seven targets

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

ScottyJSno posted:

Should I stay with Rex Burkhead on the bench. Should I cut him lose and get best flash-pan of the week, knowing Burkhead will score like 3 TD and get 80% of the snaps the min I do? I hate Bill Belichick.
As the official Rex Burkhead booster, I still think he has value. But if you need the reinforcements, he's droppable.

KC's defense really hosed with the Pats passing options but I was still encouraged by Burkhead's usage. He had two near misses in that game, including an end zone target, that would've made his line respectable. Tough catches to make, but he was drat close to making those plays. The biggest issue with that game that hurt Burkhead was that the passing game was off its rhythm. Gronk was taken away by Eric Berry, the DBs clamped down on Hogan/Cooks pretty well, and the LBs were matching up well against White/Burkhead when they were used. Even White only had one catch until late in the 4th quarter. The receiving backs benefit when the passing game is more effective and it looks like Burkhead is playing the Dion Lewis role. White is the guy for the hurry-up offense but I believe his week 1 usage will turn out to be higher than normal. His 10 carries were a career high in a single game for him. The offense leaned on Brady's trusted guys in week 1 and White is one of them, but his runs felt more like they were trying to catch the defense off guard since he's normally restricted to passing downs. Gillislee is obviously the back for the power offense although he still failed on two fourth downs so maybe that doesn't last forever. Lewis was largely limited to special teams and was the fourth RB through the rotation; can't fully explain why but doesn't surprise me. Something felt fishy about his situation to me all preseason. So now Burkhead is out there as the creative receiving back for the offense; taking snaps in the backfield and also splitting out wide or running that halfback wheel route play they love so much. In PPR leagues, I want Brady's receiving back; previously that was Lewis so if Burkhead is imitating Lewis now, I'm still on board. Everyone else can do whatever they want with him given other available options.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Is it worth adding Kamara or Chris Carson in a 10 team league? My RB are pretty weak, have Rawls so I would probably be guaranteed to get Seattle's starter, but if it is a committee it does not matter. I was surprised how many plays Kamara was in, but might just be situational since they were down all game.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
Carson is a deep bench stash but is still going to need another Rawls injury to have value so it depends on the roster. Seattle's system can really rack up some nice running numbers though so I think if Carson gets the chance, he could turn into something real. I have him stashed in most of my 12 team leagues. Kamara is a borderline flex play in PPR formats already but won't pop so much in a 10 team league. He has his own role to play in the Saints passing game though so that part is nice and reliable.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I have tried and failed on the Josh Gordon Hype train every single time so there is no way I am not dropping Matt Breida for him right now.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I am deeply concerned that Cohen will be bent into a pretzel by week 5. He's 10lb smaller than Sproles was and only logged half the bench reps Sproles did. So weaker and even smaller and oh god :psyduck:

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

paternity suitor posted:

I keep revisiting my Cohen bid and upping it. I'm up to $41

IT WASNT ENOUGH GOD drat IT

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

It feels like Christmas morning. Got Cohen AND Golladay both in 2 leagues, as well as the Jacksonville D.

Swarmin Swedes
Oct 22, 2008
Who if anyone should I drop for Buck Allen?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Swarmin Swedes posted:

Who if anyone should I drop for Buck Allen?

Nobody. Jury is still out on Rawls.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Sixteen-team standard league, three-man benches.

My main RBs are Ajayi and Ingram, WRs are Dez and Ty Williams. Cohen will probably be my flex this week, and I also have Derrick Henry benched.

Who is the drop for a kicker:

Snead
Kamara
Marquise Lee

I was kind of leaning Snead because it's hard to carry a suspended guy with such short benches, but maybe I'm underestimating his value when he gets back. Or maybe since it's standard the drop is Kamara....or maybe it's Lee since Jacksonville will basically never throw?? You see my issue.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Popero posted:

Sixteen-team standard league, three-man benches.

My main RBs are Ajayi and Ingram, WRs are Dez and Ty Williams. Cohen will probably be my flex this week, and I also have Derrick Henry benched.

Who is the drop for a kicker:

Snead
Kamara
Marquise Lee

I was kind of leaning Snead because it's hard to carry a suspended guy with such short benches, but maybe I'm underestimating his value when he gets back. Or maybe since it's standard the drop is Kamara....or maybe it's Lee since Jacksonville will basically never throw?? You see my issue.

Snead. He's not going to prove or disprove his ADP anytime soon.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
Well all my FAAB bids came through after losing DJ, I'm now the proud owner of:

Cohen, Allen, Carson

Kamara is still available. Which 3 should I roster?

.5 PPR

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

So I've got a question about PPR:

I got Buck Allen after Drafting Terrance West (great backup to have in case something happens to him)

Should I just roll those two out as my RB's until Woodhead gets back? Should I use Jacquizz Rodgers until Doug Martin gets back?

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
If someone dropped DJ, he's probably worth using a waiver claim to stash, right?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

CompeAnansi posted:

If someone dropped DJ, he's probably worth using a waiver claim to stash, right?

Yes

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I dropped my Kicker in order to grab Cohen off waivers. Who should I drop for a replacement kicker? (non-ppr)

Hogan seems like the guy to drop, but if OBJ doesn't play this week he's the highest ranked replacement I have this week.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
well this is interesting. In the league I commish I outbid on a player but still lost him. I bid 65, he bid 50.

Brought it up to the league but its still early in the morning so I doubt it gets picked up until later. I had the money to spend too. :/

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

CompeAnansi posted:

Abso-loving-lutely.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735

Alfalfa posted:

Well all my FAAB bids came through after losing DJ, I'm now the proud owner of:

Cohen, Allen, Carson

Kamara is still available. Which 3 should I roster?

.5 PPR

I prefer Kamara to Carson.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Cohen FAAB losers, buck up. In my league he went for $201/$200

$201

on a $200 budget.

Somebody made a trade which involved FAAB dollars and bid more than anyone else even had

MacheteZombie posted:

well this is interesting. In the league I commish I outbid on a player but still lost him. I bid 65, he bid 50.

Brought it up to the league but its still early in the morning so I doubt it gets picked up until later. I had the money to spend too. :/

What's the platform (Yahoo, espn, etc)? People are going to want to make sure that you still had the money in your bank (if another transaction went through first putting you below $65 you obviously can't bid 65.) Showing them the FAAB bids report would prove you had it.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
Is it bad form to play 3 members (or more) of the same team? I can see if they all have a bad game then I'm completely hosed, as one is a QB. Specifically talking about Drew Brees, Fleener, and Kamara. I have Sproles in my flex and am thinking about replacing him with Kamara on a week-to-week basis.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Drunk Nerds posted:

Cohen FAAB losers, buck up. In my league he went for $201/$200

$201

on a $200 budget.

Somebody made a trade which involved FAAB dollars and bid more than anyone else even had

What's the platform (Yahoo, espn, etc)? People are going to want to make sure that you still had the money in your bank (if another transaction went through first putting you below $65 you obviously can't bid 65.) Showing them the FAAB bids report would prove you had it.

Yeah I definitely have all that. It's a MFL league. I snapped a pic not too long ago to hold onto. Just really weird

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

MacheteZombie posted:

Maybe you were at the RB roster limit beforehand?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

a patagonian cavy posted:

Is it bad form to play 3 members (or more) of the same team? I can see if they all have a bad game then I'm completely hosed, as one is a QB. Specifically talking about Drew Brees, Fleener, and Kamara. I have Sproles in my flex and am thinking about replacing him with Kamara on a week-to-week basis.

Eh, Kamara had the snaps but his runs under center were meh. I like him, but I think Sproles has a higher floor at this point and Kamara remains a wait-and-see.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Suave Fedora posted:

Maybe you were at the RB roster limit beforehand?

Nah we don't have limits on positions. It was for cough Jesse James cough

its a deep dynasty league don't judge.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Thoughts on this vacuum trade idea, .5 ppr:

I get:
Fournette
T Pryor Sr

I give:
Crowell
Hopkins

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Is it crazy to start both Howard and Cohen in full PPR this week? My team is woefully short on RBs and the only other option is Sproles.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Gobias Ind. posted:

Is it crazy to start both Howard and Cohen in full PPR this week? My team is woefully short on RBs and the only other option is Sproles.

Against the Buccaneers? Probably not the worst idea in the world. FantasyPros has both Cohen and Howard as startable.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Suave Fedora posted:

I get:
Fournette
T Pryor Sr

I give:
Crowell
Hopkins

I would, especially if you have some WR depth. I think Fournette has a good chance to be a top-5 RB this year.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Suave Fedora posted:

I get:
Fournette
T Pryor Sr

I give:
Crowell
Hopkins

Its good op

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Fournette is talented enough to at least put up 25/80 when he gets all those touches. Or a nice Todd Gurley stat line of 25/50 with a TD. Crowell blows and Hopkins is as unreliable as TPS.

The only problem I noted watching him Sunday was that he really doesn't give a poo poo about his body. He could easily be one of those perennially injured RBs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!
Joe Mixon and David Johnson got dropped in the Purge today. No IR slot. Who would you drop and how much of $92 FAAB would you use? Thinking Richardson and JC

• Locked thread