Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

I [19F] deleted a customer [50sM] off Facebook, and he's taking it so bad I think it's going to cause problems for me at work.

Yeah it's definitely worth staying an ice cream slave and getting harassed constantly for 40 euro a week. Tell the guy to gently caress off then sue Irish coldstone if they fire you over it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Slugworth posted:

You're certainly free to assume that's the point of anyone disagreeing with you, but for the record, I just believe in dealing with things in this thread on a case by case basis. If we accept that, say, 80% of men are mysogynists, I'd still like evidence that this particular guy is one before I decide that's what's informing his thought process, considering how universal a concept like 'hung up on an ex' is across genders and sexual preferences.

Bless your heart for treating Mirthless like (s)he is arguing in good faith.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

LeafHouse posted:

Yeah it's definitely worth staying an ice cream slave and getting harassed constantly for 40 euro a week. Tell the guy to gently caress off then sue Irish coldstone if they fire you over it.

Now I dont know what 40 euro a week is worth, but I dont think 160 of them in a month is considered a salary worth getting murdered most irish.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I don't care how many cars you blew up during the time of troubles I'm not about to feel threatened by someone who goes by "prince of darkness".

I don't care if you've murdered dozens of people if that's your call sign I'm going to shove you in a locker you loving dork.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Barudak posted:

Now I dont know what 40 euro a week is worth, but I dont think 160 of them in a month is considered a salary worth getting murdered most irish.

How dare you assume this man is going to murder her, he is probably just being friendly

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

fruit on the bottom posted:

I don't care how many cars you blew up during the time of troubles I'm not about to feel threatened by someone who goes by "prince of darkness".

I don't care if you've murdered dozens of people if that's your call sign I'm going to shove you in a locker you loving dork.

Likely other people gave him the nickname and it stuck, that would be my guess anyway. If you give YOURSELF a nickname, you are a dork and probably a compulsive liar about how cool you are (if blowing poo poo up/killing people is cool).

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib

Mirthless posted:

WON'T

SOMEBODY

THINK

OF

THE

MEN???????

Men are always getting the shaft. Especially gay men and for whatever reason they love it.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
I mean theres clearly more to that story she leaves and in 24hrs is like "yeah my life is way better now" lol. imo his stupid ex drama is probably the tip of the iceburg of why hes annoying.

I mean its a group setting and theres no open hostility if you cant suck it up and deal with it its pretty childish. Suffer quietly like a god damned adult and then make fun of them when they leave and drive wedges in their personal relationships with rumours and innuendo like a normal person.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

fruit on the bottom posted:

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
My[30M] wife's[23F] attraction to a musician is spiraling; lost and confused

quote:

I've always known my wife is a big fan of this musician. I think it's pretty normal to have celebrity "crushes" so it's never bothered me at all

I guess it's starting to bother me now because she always gets wet when she listens to his music or watches a video of him. She has a lot of fantasies about meeting him and slowly falling in love while dealing with their potential romance being forbidden because he is too old for her

So I know she's thinking about that when she gets wet. I guess it's like... it's only starting to bother me because she's always turned on and it's always because of him. I've talked to her about it and she's agreed to take a step back, which she does, but you can't hide bodily responses due to the fact that's she, without fail, gets wet while watching him

One time she didn't know I was home and I heard her having a pretend conversation with him where she rejected him because their romance wouldn't be accepted. I dunno. It made me feel really sad. I know these are just small things, but stuff like that and when she made me dress up like him keep popping into my head

I'm wondering if I'm being unreasonable, because I know this is harmless.

tl;dr: struggling to come to terms with my wife's desire for famous musician

Does he do periodic oil checks or something? I'm confused as to how he knows every time she gets wet watching a music video.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
man the future is gonna be real weird in a few decades when they start looking back on war criminals by their twitter handle or whatever

DrkDragonLord and GOKUBALLS69 brought up on charges at Nuremberg 2

The_end
May 17, 2014

La Brea Carpet posted:

Does he do periodic oil checks or something? I'm confused as to how he knows every time she gets wet watching a music video.

Does his wife give him a hassle every time he gets the chubs while watching women's beach volleyball?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

La Brea Carpet posted:

Do we get to play guess the musician or should we focus on how in her fantasy the guy is even more older than her current husband?

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
The only issue I have have when one of my friends starts dating someone new is whether or not my friend is good enough for this wondrous stranger.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

Barudak posted:

Do we get to play guess the musician or should we focus on how in her fantasy the guy is even more older than her current husband?

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

La Brea Carpet posted:

I dated a girl who occasionally had to change her pants after sex because she got a bit too into the foreplay. They're out there. But more likely explanation is she just tells her husband about it each time.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Thats a nice photo of your grandma, but whose the artist theyre into?

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

Barudak posted:

Thats a nice photo of your grandma, but whose the artist theyre into?

Leave Bob alone, he can't help what time did to him.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

I hope it's Tom Waits

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib

La Brea Carpet posted:

I'd say if you want to have some terrific sex then maybe get a Famous Musician costume. It's gotta be Weird Al.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

I hope it's Tom Waits

Tom Waits for no (wo)man.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

pidan posted:

My love language is him giving me money, his is me doing acts of service, it's convenient since we don't actually speak the same human language.

I have the same relationship with my boss.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
man tom waits rules :coal:

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

quote:

So with the storm, my brother and I ended up and needed to leave our house and my mom was on a business trip so she called Jane's grandma and she offered for us to stay at Jane's apartment because it is in one of the safe areas. 

God sent the hurricane to punish you for being a little cockblocking prig, OP

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
I [23F] do not talk to my sister [24F] even though we have lived together all of our lives. It is VERY awkward

quote:

The last time I might have had an actual, real conversation with my sister might have been back in 2008 when I was 14 and she was 15. WEIRD.

We've always lived in the same house, even up to right now, but we do not talk to each other. Sometimes we'll throw in a few words here and there if my mom and brother are there. As of right now, there is no animosity or hate. Just awkwardness. We just have nothing to say to each other.

We've sort of just accepted it for what it is. We don't have a whole lot in common. The reason why I'm bringing this up today is because I was hanging out at the mall with my friend yesterday and my sister also happened to be at the mall. My friend and I saw her, but I pretended not to see her, just avoiding her. My friend noticed this and said that I was "hella weird" for avoiding my sister for no apparent reason. She's right. My friends hang out with their siblings all the time. I, on the other hand, cannot be lieft in the same room alone with my sister. We just wouldn't talk. Like NOT AT ALL.

I'm trying to figure out what went wrong in our relationship. Growing up as a kid, she's also been the more physical, violent one and I am the complete opposite- very "weak". She's beaten me up and yelled at me a couple of times but nothing too serious. Around the time I stopped talking to her, when I was 14, she sort of "matured" mentally and wasn't impressed by my demure, frightened nature so she kind of acted a bit condescending towards me. She was professional and I was not. I kind of blame myself for being so frightened and shy of my SISTER. However, this didn't last long. As of now, we are SUPER polite and professional towards each other. We are not friends. We are awkward roommates.

I just wish I could have a close-knit, normal, HEALTHY relationship with my sister but soon it's gonna be 10 years since we last spoke. I hate waking up in the morning and seeing her in the kitchen and not being able to say good-morning. I hate how we can't just do things like go to the grocery store together. I HATE being jealous of people who have amazing relationships with their siblings. We are only a year apart but this is a mess.

What can I do at this point? The longer we keep this up, the harder it will be to break out of. How do you undo 10 years of silence and awkwardness?!!

tl;dr: My sister and I do not talk to each other even though we live in the same house. There is no hate or anger between us, we just don't have much in common and there is nothing to talk about. Hence, our relationship is very awkward. It's been like this for 10 years now. How can I break out if this?

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

Barudak posted:

Obviously it's Brett Michaels

Barudak
May 7, 2007

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

I [23F] do not talk to my sister [24F] even though we have lived together all of our lives. It is VERY awkward

Ok, lets focus on the real question. Why are you two living together?

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

tactlessbastard posted:

God sent the hurricane to punish you for being a little cockblocking prig, OP

his mom is a better wingman than his brother, lol

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
My brother can be a real rear end sometimes but I can't imagine not talking to him out of sheer awkwardness. It'd be because he finally went too far and I told him to gently caress off - which would be, at least, direct and healthy.

Really can't puzzle out how this got to a place where she doesn't even feel comfortable saying good-morning to her own sister without there being more than childhood bickering/"fights" as a cause.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

lemon-lyme disease posted:

My brother can be a real rear end sometimes but I can't imagine not talking to him out of sheer awkwardness. It'd be because he finally went too far and I told him to gently caress off - which would be, at least, direct and healthy.

Really can't puzzle out how this got to a place where she doesn't even feel comfortable saying good-morning to her own sister.

Don't gently caress your sister, or it will be awkward.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Well if it's awkward already

burial
Sep 13, 2002

MF_James posted:

Don't gently caress your sister, or it will be awkward.

Goddamnit, you actually made me go back to make sure I hadn't missed that detail.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Barudak posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LHWok-9xhc

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Really can't puzzle out how this got to a place where she doesn't even feel comfortable saying good-morning to her own sister without there being more than childhood bickering/"fights" as a cause.

I remember seeing a video one time where this Japanese guy hadn't spoken a word to his wife in like 20 years or some insane amount of time. They had 2 kids and apparently shortly after the second was born he felt jealous about how much attention she gave the kids and didn't speak to her. He eventually got over being a turd but it had been so long he had no idea how to even start talking to her again...so he just didn't. Eventually the kids contact some show and they arrange a date for them and the finally speak.

Fake edit: Here's the story http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4078242/Sulking-husband-went-20-YEARS-without-speaking-wife.html

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Goddamnit, you actually made me go back to make sure I hadn't missed that detail.

haha if this thread has taught me anything, it's that there's ALWAYS a secret in these stories, and it's usually sex with someone you shouldn't have sex with.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

MF_James posted:

haha if this thread has taught me anything, it's that there's ALWAYS a secret in these stories, and it's usually sex with someone you shouldn't have sex with.

Maybe we should just start altering the stories to add our own buried sex-ledes.

Also, that poor japanese family. What the.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Ouhei posted:

I remember seeing a video one time where this Japanese guy hadn't spoken a word to his wife in like 20 years or some insane amount of time. They had 2 kids and apparently shortly after the second was born he felt jealous about how much attention she gave the kids and didn't speak to her. He eventually got over being a turd but it had been so long he had no idea how to even start talking to her again...so he just didn't. Eventually the kids contact some show and they arrange a date for them and the finally speak.

Fake edit: Here's the story http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4078242/Sulking-husband-went-20-YEARS-without-speaking-wife.html

To be fair this is Japan so he probably only ever saw her twice a month in the first place.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Ouhei posted:

My love language is silence

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Me [28 F] with my aunt [52 F] of 28 years, every time I have a house party/dinner party, she brings food & drink for her and her kids and it upsets me. Not sure how to approach.

quote:

My husband and I recently bought a house and have lived in it for about 1.5 years. We enjoy having family over for dinner/to hang/play board games to share our home, food, drinks, and yard, but my aunt really upsets me each time she's been over and I would like to resolve this problem somehow.

My aunt has two very picky children who are about 15. I mean one of them won't eat anything but pizza or burgers, the other only likes pasta and grilled cheese. They've probably never eaten a vegetable and they don't try new foods. It's understandable for kids to be a little picky but they are over the top.

Each time she comes over to my house (or we have any family gathering), she brings food & drink for her and her kids to eat, even if we've already agreed on what we'll each take care of, she undermines that agreement and brings her own everything, citing her picky kids.

A few examples.

1) Last year for Thanksgiving I decided I would host. We were new in our house and I wanted to make a good impression and make people feel welcome. We made a huge dinner for 8 people. Turkey, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, corn, two kinds of cranberry sauce, crescent rolls, stuffing, maple glazed carrots, etc. No weird flavors or spices, nothing too outside the box. The kids only ate rolls and stuffing. No one ate any cranberry sauce. My dad would only eat turkey because he's lost a lot of weight and didn't want to eat the unhealthy stuff. My husband doesn't like sweets so he avoided the maple glazed carrots. I felt really underappreciated and like I had wasted my entire day cooking food for people who didn't want it.

2) On my birthday this year, I chose a local restaurant none of us had ever been to. My aunt/dad found something on the menu they liked. My aunts kids didn't eat all. They had looked at the menu online and one kid found nothing they would like, so they agreed to come but not eat anything the entire time. The other found something they liked (a cheeseburger), but when it came out it wasn't cooked well done, so they paid for it, but they didn't eat it.

3) Last night I hosted family again because we have some out of town family who are visiting and we got the grill going. I was hoping to get people outside but the weather didn't cooperate. So we have the same aunt/kids and dad over, plus an out of town brother, his friend, and another aunt + her husband. I texted picky aunt and told her we would take care of meat, if she wanted to bring a side dish or dessert. I even texted her from the grocery store and told her a summary of what I was going to grab, thinking this would quell any issues. I know her kids are picky so I got really plain food (beef burgers, mild italian sausage, spicy turkey sausage, corn). I bought my aunts favorite beer to have on hand and bought Coke for the kids to drink because I know they like it. I was excited to have everyone over but as soon as picky aunt got there, I see she has a cooler in her hand. She starts unloading her own beef burgers ("these are the ones I know my kids like..."), her own cheese slices, her own beer, and her kids have their own Coke & Cherry Coke 20oz in their hand. What is the point of me hosting if they are going to bring their own stuff for themselves? It really hurt my feelings because I worked all morning at my second job, then ran to the grocery to pick up everything & spent a lot of money on snacks/food we don't normally have on hand, got home to get everything ready/finish cleaning up, and then instead of grilling and sharing a meal, I felt like they had their meal and we had our meal. We ate in the same room but we didn't share a meal.

My aunt had anorexia for a long time, so I know her food issues are deep rooted, but I'm at the point where I don't want to have her over to eat because I feel she's being rude and she isn't sticking with guest/host etiquette. Is my line of thinking outdated? Am I blowing it out of proportion? Should I be more specific when planning dinners to say "What exactly would you like me to buy for the meal?" I'd like to tell her how I'm feeling but worried it will make our relationship strained.

Edit: Many people are suggesting that I stop trying to get my family to try new food/be adventurous/eat what I like rather than what they like and go with it, but my point was that I did buy what they like, we agreed on what we would each get/bring, and then they brought their own anyway. Isn't this different?

Edit2: Apparently this is very controversial. It's interesting because everyone in this thread is suggesting that I am being dramatic, while those I have spoken to in real/personal life have suggested that what my aunt does is unusual and could be perceived as rude. People are interesting.

tl;dr: My aunt and her kids are very picky eaters, and I'm having trouble hosting them at my house for special occasions because they always bring their own food, which I think is rude after I've gone out of my way to open up my home for socializing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Haifisch posted:

Me [28 F] with my aunt [52 F] of 28 years, every time I have a house party/dinner party, she brings food & drink for her and her kids and it upsets me. Not sure how to approach.

Kill all picky eaters over the age of 12, problem solved.

Also, what everyone else said, these people are accomidating their own shithead kids whom they allowed to slide into single meal life hell, just roll with it and stop buying extra for them.

MF_James fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Sep 13, 2017