Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Strawman posted:

so the coaches are idiots, the players aren't good enough, and the president is a racist prick? how horrible, how dare they :argh:
It's almost as if CONCACAF is poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Strawman posted:

so the coaches are idiots, the players aren't good enough, and the president is a racist prick? how horrible, how dare they :argh:

We are trying extra super hard to beat the supposed avatars of his tyranny

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

blue footed boobie posted:

the na'vi?

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Strawman posted:

the na'vi?

right thread

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

if I ever become an English teacher I'll punish students by forcing them to diagram a Billy Haisley sentence

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Troy Queef posted:

if I ever become an English teacher I'll punish students by forcing them to diagram a Billy Haisley sentence
The best part is that he occasionally branches out into things other than football, and you get stuff like this:

quote:

At some point in your daily online existence, while either participating in or bearing witness to some argument or controversy, you will, without fail, discover that you have stumbled into a real life brain meme. In a world of reactions, counter-reactions, and counter-counter-reactions—each one served up so as to position its originator as the smartest, deepest, most enlightened person on the internet—the brain meme is the perfect illustration of intellectual one-upmanship taken to its illogical extreme.

If you’re not familiar with the particulars of this meme, here’s an example of one targeting the latest fashion microtrend, which shows how otherwise smart people manage to outthink themselves to absurd conclusions.

Thinkpieces about memes.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Troy Queef posted:

I can't stop laughing at this, lmao

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Strawman posted:

England has a Prime Minister not a President.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Nah, I think that one actually is John Terry...

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

I'm thinking of writing an erotic novel on Arsenal

I've put a substantial amount of thought into this, and feel that I have identified a niche market. I'm making this thread to see if there's any particular demand for such material.

Over the past twenty years, one thing that has been massively overlooked is Wenger as a sex symbol. We can discuss his merits as a football manager and argue whether he was successful or not, but one thing that is particularly obvious to us is that despite his tender age there seems to be a very mysterious, almost sexual element to the way he operates and the way we perceive him. When he talks, you want to listen. There's a sexual aura surrounding him when he enters the room. There's a particular scent that draws you closer to him. Look at the way the man dresses, this is someone that has a lot of sex. Although none of this is documented.

49 shades of Wenger (49 is a tribute to the unbeaten run) aims to vividly capture what Wenger does behind closed doors with some of the players that he has attempted to lure in over the years. There is a reason why our stars have claimed Wenger was a major attraction to Arsenal, and this book will let you know why in as much detail as possible. I'm not going to ruin it for you, but I may post some excerpts if moderators will allow, in the coming days.

[..]
There is a good reason why the footballing world refers to Wenger as Le Professeur. His knowledge extends beyond the realms of just football, which means that he can offer pastoral support and development to his players on and off the pitch. However, when such support is not appreciated it becomes an act of betrayal, as you would expect. Wilshere encountered this first hand during the summer of 2016.

Arsene, as usual, was in his office after training analysing the Arsenal vs Liverpool game from 1999 to get a better understanding on how to prepare for the 2016-17 season opener. To his annoyance, he is interrupted by a knock on his door.

“Boss, are you free?” questions Wilshere.

“Look, uh, if it’s about that raise I told you we would increase your weekly wage from £80,000 a week to £80,220 a week” replies Wenger.

“No, boss, it’s about my performance. I’m quite unhappy about the way I---”

Wenger interrupts, “Look, football is a bit like sex you know”

“Boss, that is the problem. Ever since I had that knock on my left ankle, I can’t seem to gently caress her right. She isn’t willing to go on top either, so we’re left in a bit of mess. It’s doing my head in” exclaims Wilshere, whilst clutching his ankle in despair.

There is a moment of silence. Wenger turns his chair around and looks into the beautiful greenery of the London colony whilst sexual thoughts in his head start to intensify.

“Boss, are you listening?”

“uh, I was distracted” says Wenger, as he turns his chair back around. “I have two options for you”.

“Go on, boss” says Wilshere.

“The first option is a simple one. Just don’t have sex”

“what’s the second option boss?” replies an inquisitive Wilshere.

“You can let me take care of her until you recover” says Wenger.

“That’s bollocks, boss!” says Wilshere, “have you not heard of the ‘half your age plus seven’ rule? You’re 66, so the youngest girl you can shag is 40. Adriani is 26. You’re having a laugh!”

“Look” says Wenger, “Diaby was the same. Rosicky was the same--” [referring to when aforementioned players had shared their wives with Arsene when physically unfit to please them]

“They’re foreign, boss. Us British lads would never settle for that.” says Wilshere, who at this point considers walking out.

“Ok. If this is the case, then I will send you to Bournemouth” says Wenger

“What do you mean?” questions Wilshere.

“Well Adriani is 26. Eddie Howe is 38. If you half his age and plus 7, he can help you out here” says Wenger, with a trademark smirk on his face.

“Don’t banter me off like this, boss!” says Wilshere, who at this point regrets opening up about his troublesome sex life.

There was no sympathy here, though. Wenger had made up his mind, for such disrespect was shown the moment Wilshere rubbished the idea of sharing his girlfriend.
[...]

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

triple sulk posted:

[..]
There is a good reason why the footballing world refers to Wenger as Le Professeur. His knowledge extends beyond the realms of just football, which means that he can offer pastoral support and development to his players on and off the pitch. However, when such support is not appreciated it becomes an act of betrayal, as you would expect. Wilshere encountered this first hand during the summer of 2016.

Arsene, as usual, was in his office after training analysing the Arsenal vs Liverpool game from 1999 to get a better understanding on how to prepare for the 2016-17 season opener. To his annoyance, he is interrupted by a knock on his door.

“Boss, are you free?” questions Wilshere.

“Look, uh, if it’s about that raise I told you we would increase your weekly wage from £80,000 a week to £80,220 a week” replies Wenger.

“No, boss, it’s about my performance. I’m quite unhappy about the way I---”

Wenger interrupts, “Look, football is a bit like sex you know”

“Boss, that is the problem. Ever since I had that knock on my left ankle, I can’t seem to gently caress her right. She isn’t willing to go on top either, so we’re left in a bit of mess. It’s doing my head in” exclaims Wilshere, whilst clutching his ankle in despair.

There is a moment of silence. Wenger turns his chair around and looks into the beautiful greenery of the London colony whilst sexual thoughts in his head start to intensify.

“Boss, are you listening?”

“uh, I was distracted” says Wenger, as he turns his chair back around. “I have two options for you”.

“Go on, boss” says Wilshere.

“The first option is a simple one. Just don’t have sex”

“what’s the second option boss?” replies an inquisitive Wilshere.

“You can let me take care of her until you recover” says Wenger.

“That’s bollocks, boss!” says Wilshere, “have you not heard of the ‘half your age plus seven’ rule? You’re 66, so the youngest girl you can shag is 40. Adriani is 26. You’re having a laugh!”

“Look” says Wenger, “Diaby was the same. Rosicky was the same--” [referring to when aforementioned players had shared their wives with Arsene when physically unfit to please them]

“They’re foreign, boss. Us British lads would never settle for that.” says Wilshere, who at this point considers walking out.

“Ok. If this is the case, then I will send you to Bournemouth” says Wenger

“What do you mean?” questions Wilshere.

“Well Adriani is 26. Eddie Howe is 38. If you half his age and plus 7, he can help you out here” says Wenger, with a trademark smirk on his face.

“Don’t banter me off like this, boss!” says Wilshere, who at this point regrets opening up about his troublesome sex life.

There was no sympathy here, though. Wenger had made up his mind, for such disrespect was shown the moment Wilshere rubbished the idea of sharing his girlfriend.
[...]

Jesus Christ

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Yeah that's enough of that, which I'm sure all of you are reading "ironically".

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Hating Chelsea before it was cool
Winner of the PWM POTM for September
Winner of the PWM POTM for January
Co-Winner of the PWM POTM for March

quote:

the beautiful greenery of the London colony

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

Can we do an Arsenal fan fiction thread then ban everyone who posts in it?

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Good idea

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Gigi Galli posted:

Is this a ban on Haisley? The guy is an absolute goldmine of cringe-inducing run-on drivel

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

TheBigAristotle posted:

Is this a ban on Haisley? The guy is an absolute goldmine of cringe-inducing run-on drivel

No no, not at all, it's a ban on arsenal erotic fanfiction

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I imagine all those posts are written by this guy

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Leave Ty alone, you bastard.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFb_tv2kW28

I'm pretty sure I saw him do a show in Bristol once

quiet enjoyment
May 11, 2009

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

That would be the Summer Transfer Thread

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

https://twitter.com/bbcthree/status/906438966483832832

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
https://twitter.com/NathanAClark/status/906599053999435782

quiet enjoyment
May 11, 2009
ben davies with the top top xGChain i knew he had it in him

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

This guy is a goldmine. It's just loving smug drivel

https://twitter.com/NathanAClark/status/906565172839542785

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Who knew Michael J Fox was into advanced stats?

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Less about the personnel and more to do with deployment. It doesn't help to have a makeshift defence, but exposing them to possibly the most potent offence on the planet is soccer suicide.

A strict 451 with a pendulum defence would likely have reduced the scoreline - the tight back 4 only works when wingers have defensive ability. High pressing against technically and tactically smart opponents is foolish. Their fast transition left overloads wide against wingers already chasing back and leaving PSG options to drive diagonally into the box or drag cover from cm for Rabiot to pick incisive through balls. Normally formation is less important than tactics in areas of the field, but it would have been beneficial last night for the midfield to stay close to the back line and shut down options while saving some of the energy wasted in chasing shadows in the opponent's half. 433 with players out of their depth got the response it deserved. Too much respect wasn't the problem. Sheer stupidity was.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

I...don't know about this one:

https://twitter.com/davemkii/status/907927834999627781

Is it so Right Thread that it wraps around to Wrong Thread?

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think these are "heh"-worthy. Depends on what the rest look like

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Crazy Ted posted:

it belongs in a museum

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Crazy Ted posted:

These loving suck.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

this is loving funny though

https://twitter.com/johngers72/status/908105050052067328

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

TheBigAristotle posted:

I think these are "heh"-worthy. Depends on what the rest look like
Leicester gets more than a "heh" by virtue of using the most obscure character of the bunch.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

this one is okay because given all the recent revelations the nickname is probably accurate

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

I saved a great limited release beer for the game and now I finished it before kickoff

Al2001
Apr 7, 2007

You've gone through at the back

vyelkin posted:

this one is okay because given all the recent revelations the nickname is probably accurate

This country will only get over its long history of diddling when it can look back and laugh imo. Let the healing start

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Peak Autism:

I found a 350-digit prime number that looks like our crest

Totally inspired by this post, but yeah, I found a 350 digit prime number that looks like our crest's canon.
You'll need to squint and blur your eyes (or maybe just look from a distance):

1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
1 1 1 1 1 8 6 6 0 8 9 8 6 6 0 0 6 9 0 0 9 8 6 1 1
1 1 1 1 6 6 0 8 0 6 6 8 0 9 0 8 9 8 6 9 0 6 6 1 1
1 1 1 1 9 8 9 6 8 8 8 8 8 8 0 0 8 0 6 9 6 6 8 1 1
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 9 6 6 6 8 8 9 8 0 6 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 6 9 9 6 9 9 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
1 1 1 1 1 1 6 0 8 6 1 8 6 1 8 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
1 1 1 6 6 6 9 6 9 9 6 8 6 8 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
1 1 0 6 6 0 9 1 1 1 6 8 6 8 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
1 1 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 9

In case you need some help visualising: https://i.imgur.com/VuBOggN.png

I have 3 more such primes, if you want. Just ask.

Edit: not the entire crest, but the canon part.

Edit 2: Watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQQ8IiTWHhg if you're interested in the origins.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
:trumppop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Jesus Christ