Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

Nobody expected that. I loved it. The Rams officially kicked the Fisher era and culture out the door.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

The Colts are a trash fire, but this is the first time Goff looked like a real NFL quarterback, so maybe he's not a lost cause yet? This Rams team will be a lot more interesting if McVay unfucks Goff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Benne posted:

The Colts are a trash fire, but this is the first time Goff looked like a real NFL quarterback, so maybe he's not a lost cause yet? This Rams team will be a lot more interesting if McVay unfucks Goff.

Agreed on all points.

Goff was thrown in to the worst scenario last year with gently caress head Fisher. Now that Goff has someone who has a semblance of running an offense, he has a chance. Only time will tell.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

And they don't even have the worst guard in the division. Get on Zane Beadles' level, Seahawks.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

Agreed on all points.

Goff was thrown in to the worst scenario last year with gently caress head Fisher. Now that Goff has someone who has a semblance of running an offense, he has a chance. Only time will tell.

Agreed, gently caress Jeff Fisher

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

:rip:Russ

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread
I think the Seahawks defense might kill Hoyer next week, and I'm not sure how to feel about that

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

I want an oil painting of this

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

Dang, four Packers players bearing down on Russ

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

I've seen this before.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
Britt flat on his rear end, classic

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
:lol:

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Bait and Swatch posted:

I'd be okay with this. I am at peace with our badness

If that's 4 wins with flashes of brilliance (Carlooooooooooos !!!) I'll be ecstatic.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Vhak lord of hate posted:

Dang, four Packers players bearing down on Russ

I'm still salty Lane got ejected, that was some bullshit

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Bait and Swatch posted:

I think the Seahawks defense might kill Hoyer next week, and I'm not sure how to feel about that

as long as they kill Wilson in the exchange that's okay

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Wilson missing a whole season might finally spur on some change for this stupid line. I'd be ok with a lost season if we fixed this ridiculous poo poo.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

Kazak_Hstan posted:

as long as they kill Wilson in the exchange that's okay

He's got bubble water and psalms though. Sherman taking him out in a fit of rage is how he goes I think

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Hopefully Pocic turns into something, sooner rather than later.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Schwack posted:

I've seen this before.

Rams fans, and QB's, have been dealing with that for years.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Hopefully Pocic turns into something, sooner rather than later.

He'll have to do it on his own during the off season, there's no one in Seattle to coach him.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Learn via YouTube videos. Can't be any worse.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Chichevache posted:

Wilson missing a whole season might finally spur on some change for this stupid line. I'd be ok with a lost season if we fixed this ridiculous poo poo.

I was really hoping last year would be the lesson they needed what with Wilson hobbled the whole time. Guess not.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Manoueverable posted:

I was really hoping last year would be the lesson they needed what with Wilson hobbled the whole time. Guess not.

Cable needs to go and they need to spend two drafts only drafting oline or something. Just shotgun the poo poo, clearly they can't draft good player on purpose

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Sweeper posted:

Cable needs to go and they need to spend two drafts only drafting oline or something. Just shotgun the poo poo, clearly they can't draft good player on purpose

What's their cap situation? Are they (hopefully) screwed out of FA signings?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Sweeper posted:

They've been drafting plenty of O line. They're just not very good at it. God, I hope that interior just needs some time and looks better this weekend.

Coldforge posted:

What's their cap situation? Are they (hopefully) screwed out of FA signings?

Below average, but set up so they'll be able to make modest signings in the future. That part is surprisingly well managed given how many guys they've had to pay.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

Sweeper posted:

I can't seem to find the article now, but it stated that your line was paid the lowest in the league. The article itself was related to Baldwin's comments about how the defense is paid a lot more than the offense and should be expected to carry load based on their cumulative salary.

Cascadia Pirate
Jan 18, 2011
As angry as the o-line makes me it is better than paying big money for Giacomini and Sweezy. That said gently caress Tom Cable.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Cascadia Pirate posted:

As angry as the o-line makes me it is better than paying big money for Giacomini and Sweezy. That said gently caress Tom Cable.

I would strangle a kitten in front of children if it got Giacomini back at RT.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
State of the Seahawks' O-line in 2017: People legitimately nostalgic for Breno Giacomini.

Germain Ifedi needs to loving start showing something soon, because he's already looking like a bust. The one time Schneider doesn't trade out of the first round and he uses his pick on this rear end in a top hat.

Benne fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Sep 14, 2017

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

shirts and skins posted:

They've been drafting plenty of O line. They're just not very good at it. God, I hope that interior just needs some time and looks better this weekend.

Since 2012 they've taken like 3 OL in the top three rounds. They've taken a lot of late round fliers, but they haven't spent much draft capital. That looks to be changing based on the past two drafts, but playing OL in the NFL is hard and guys take a while to develop and you have to actually pay them when they do.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Benne posted:

State of the Seahawks' O-line in 2017: People legitimately nostalgic for Breno Giacomini.

Germain Ifedi needs to loving start showing something soon, because he's already looking like a bust. The one time Schneider doesn't trade out of the first round and he uses his pick on this rear end in a top hat.

Wasn't there another offensive line guy on the board that everyone ranked higher than Ifedi when he was picked? Good job on that pick, dudes.

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

We want the ball & We're going to score

Bait and Swatch posted:

I can't seem to find the article now, but it stated that your line was paid the lowest in the league. The article itself was related to Baldwin's comments about how the defense is paid a lot more than the offense and should be expected to carry load based on their cumulative salary.

I think the article (or similar) noted that the Seahawks could x4 their starting O-Line payroll and it would then be the 2nd lowest paid O-line in the league. I think that changed after the Joekel signing

DaFrugalGamer
Aug 6, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
The offensive line (What O-line stands for) is fine. 3 things 1. POUND. THE. ROCK. (Run it more) 2. Get rid of it, Russel! (Russel Wilson needs to throw the ball faster) 3. Hire competent referees who don't stop trying to rape the seahawks asses with bullshit calls/non-calls (This one is self-explanatory)

TheFace
Oct 4, 2004

Fuck anyone that doesn't wanna be this beautiful

DaFrugalGamer posted:

The offensive line (What O-line stands for) is fine. 3 things 1. POUND. THE. ROCK. (Run it more) 2. Get rid of it, Russel! (Russel Wilson needs to throw the ball faster) 3. Hire competent referees who don't stop trying to rape the seahawks asses with bullshit calls/non-calls (This one is self-explanatory)

Lol if you really think their line is fine

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Seahawk fans being butthurt about the officiating never stops being hilarious

Like it's basically part of the 'hawk's gameplan to test the refs every game, find out where this crew is drawing the pass interference and holding line, and then try to skirt it as close as possible. All the theater about how greviously unfair the calls are is part of the psychological war against the refs that the team engages in.

It's brilliant, but the fans buy into it. Of course the refs constantly miss calls - that's the nature of NFL refereeing. The seattle seahawks get more flags on average because they're exploiting this to the maximum.

If the rest of the NFL got as good as Seattle at working the refs, things would even out in terms of which teams get the most flags: but also there'd be more flags overall, and constant penalties make a game awful to watch, so that's not a good solution.

If there's a conspiracy (and I don't believe there is one, or someone would have blabbed by now) then it's a reasonable reaction by the officials to hawks' multi-year habit of pressing the limit as much as possible: flag them more so they'll back off. I don't think it's working.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Sep 14, 2017

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

seiferguy posted:

Wasn't there another offensive line guy on the board that everyone ranked higher than Ifedi when he was picked? Good job on that pick, dudes.

Pretty much everyone on the board was ranked higher than Ifedi. I was not a fan (also hated the 49er's Garnett pick, though that was because of scheme and not because of suck as in Ifedi's case).

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Leperflesh posted:

Like it's basically part of the 'hawk's gameplan to test the refs every game, find out where this crew is drawing the pass interference and holding line, and then try to skirt it as close as possible. All the theater about how greviously unfair the calls are is part of the psychological war against the refs that the team engages in.

It's brilliant, but the fans buy into it. Of course the refs constantly miss calls - that's the nature of NFL refereeing. The seattle seahawks get more flags on average because they're exploiting this to the maximum.

If the rest of the NFL got as good as Seattle at working the refs, things would even out in terms of which teams get the most flags: but also there'd be more flags overall, and constant penalties make a game awful to watch, so that's not a good solution.

If there's a conspiracy (and I don't believe there is one, or someone would have blabbed by now) then it's a reasonable reaction by the officials to hawks' multi-year habit of pressing the limit as much as possible: flag them more so they'll back off. I don't think it's working.

There's no grand conspiracy, and I'll blame the team before the refs 99% of the time, but you have to admit the two flags on that turnover where completed bullshit. People would probably debate the noncall on the DPI against Graham in the end zone.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

DaFrugalGamer posted:

lmao

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

its all nice on rice posted:

There's no grand conspiracy, and I'll blame the team before the refs 99% of the time, but you have to admit the two flags on that turnover where completed bullshit. People would probably debate the noncall on the DPI against Graham in the end zone.

Sure. But I see complete bullshit calls every game, with every team. And without that grand conspiracy, I think refs genuinely try to do their best, but they also can't avoid having opinions about which teams are loaded with players who constantly test the limits. They're not supposed to play favorites, but when have referees or judges anywhere in any context throughout history maintained true total impartiality?

If the hawks want more calls to go their way, they have to make nice with the refs by not toeing right up to the penalty line. That's not the game plan, and what they do instead works well for them. Or at least, has in prior years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Leperflesh posted:

Not that there's a conspiracy, but that ejection of Lane was absolutely indefensible.

• Locked thread