Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The Deaf Leopards got to meet Def Leppard!

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

Meeting a musical group is probably not that exciting for deaf kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS
:golfclap:

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Minidust posted:

If "S" is truly dead I wonder if we'll get the 9 or 11 next year. Probably 11 for marketing reasons. Maybe the next SE-style release can be the 9?

Theophany posted:

Do both and release iPhone 9/11.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

:eyepop: Would they rename Airplane mode for them?

:911:

Over There has a new favorite as of 17:54 on Sep 13, 2017

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

Mozi posted:

In his cube at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu drinks coffee.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

bloom posted:

Someone please post this. I vaguely remember it being really good.

Avshalom posted:

at first it's a good day for doctor sexman, phd. he hires eight books from the library without even bothering to check goodreads and only seven of them are so historically inaccurate that he can't enjoy the hilarious satire about society and politics in the golden age of colonial america. an actual expert comes into the everest thread, finally bringing some sense and objective fact into that wasteland of petty malice. he sees some excellent loss edits, very ingenious and hard to recognise unless you're an expert on the comedic cybersphere (and doctor sexman is better informed than most, not that he's bragging). the houston hotfranks beat the mississippi bayou bandits thanks to the excellent coaching of jankerton brill, esquire, just as he predicted on the forums two days ago. finally he'll get some goddamn respect from the trolls and worthless individuals that plague him every waking second of his life. during class he makes a droll observation about donald drumpf that causes a ripple of polite appreciation among the stamp collectors and full-time guerilla yarnbombers that are his people, the intellectual elite. but then things turn sour. an urban youth on the bus has his music up so loud that the artless doof-doof-doof interferes with sexman's quiet self-reflection. his coffee date pronounces it "expresso" and doesn't even know what adolf hitler's mother was named so he tells her that maybe instead of beauty school she should think about going to high school and leaves the cafe in tears. everywhere he looks is wanton sluttery. a plain girl at the library in a singlet, shoulders bared for all to see when there are people trying to learn. couples kissing in the park, right next to the kindergarten. a gay pride rally blocks his lunchtime stroll and someone has spraypainted a vulgar word on the steps where he likes to sit and phonepost about football statistics. when he arrives back in the office he goes straight to his favourite curated comedy archive the something awful thread "post your favourite something awful quotes" and finds that yet again they're posting something unfunny. no matter how many times he tells them things are unfunny they just keep finding it funny. it's not funny! it's unfunny! there's nothing funny about women being whores. they want to gently caress jfk, they want to gently caress ariel sharon, they want to gently caress centaurs, they want to gently caress each other, they want to gently caress the queen (probably), all these women just slinging their vaginas all over the shop and saying outrageous things like "kill all males" even though killing half the world's population would have a devastating impact on the economy and still the clever hegel girl won't give him her number no matter how many times he tells her he's an educated man. his fury boils over and he erupts in salty flames. when forensics arrives on the scene they find nothing left of the nutty professor but a small pile of ashes and a pool of watery bourbon-coloured ejaculate

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Is there a meaning of the clapping ha ds emoji that I'm not aware of?

Whiz Palace
Dec 8, 2013
I wonder if the Hegel namecheck was based on something that actually happened or if it just seemed like something he'd do.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

Outrail posted:

Think it's being slapped across the face between each word but idk

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

Outrail posted:

I see it a lot lately on Twitter. The textual equivalent of overemphasizing every syllable to try to make someone understand/pay attention.

e: Used with Who Is John Galt makes it the ultimate libertarian tweet if tweets could be 141+ characters.

e2: wow that was an unexpected autocorrect. I need to stop trying to argue with my deep south cousins.

TheRagamuffin has a new favorite as of 18:10 on Sep 13, 2017

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Koalas March does it a lot for whatever reason

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Outrail posted:

It's like typing in all caps, but turbocharged and protest-chant-like.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

TheRagamuffin posted:

I see it a lot lately on Twitter. The textual equivalent of overemphasizing every syllable to try to make someone understand/pay attention.

e: Used with Who Is John Galt makes it the ultimate libtard tweet if tweets could be 141+ characters.

Textual equivalent of actually clapping your hands while talking.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

:discourse:

avshalom may be a crazy person but she was a drat fine poster.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

GoldfishStew posted:

Wait i only use the awful.app, do I really have that custom text? What the gently caress is wrong with you people. I didnt mind when it was just the pic

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Owned. Like his creepy wife doll.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Scintilla posted:

I think we're assuming a bit too much by preemptively labeling Azathoth a capitalist oppressor. For all we know the first words out of its thousand mouths could be the opening verse of the soviet national anthem.

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Koalas March does it a lot for whatever reason

man i wonder why

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Outrail posted:

as it falls within the sphere of black people memes, we will never ever understand it, yet know it to be Very Funny.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

jesus loving christ

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

it's just supposed to be like someone is clapping their hands, how are you all so loving bad at this

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
but what is the differential fulcrum of the joke i need qualitative data not absolutes beep boop

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Crocoswine posted:

it's just supposed to be like someone is clapping their hands, how are you all so loving bad at this

Goons reading runes

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

the concept of someone clapping between words: something only black people can understand.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Finally, something that made me laugh.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Solice Kirsk posted:

Spanazard. I think they evolve from Portuchu.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Does FYAD do the yearly goonlulz megathreads anymore cuz those used to have really good content for these threads

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Crocoswine posted:

the concept of someone clapping between words: something only black people can understand.

I thought I understood it, but now that I've been told I don't, I have to respect that.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Clapping is usually done rhythmically and mixing in a bunch of words with different numbers of syllables would just make you look like a loving crazy person if you did it in person.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

FAT BATMAN posted:

As we speak, LLJK2 is going through a fascinating glitch where time seems to have completely stopped. You cant move, taking something off someone will take forever, the round time is stuck at 21 minutes. Me and 3 other people were struggling to do anything in Arrivals, when someone covered in blood slowly walked in. "Hey. Time is still. I have a bullet in my brain and I should be dead right now. You can still move around by ctlr+clicking your self and then clicking a nearby tile."

Exploring a station where everything is stuck in time, and nobody can die, but everyone can still communicate, is fascinating. It's too peacefully quiet to be hell. I think this is purgatory.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

QuarkJets posted:

Personally I write READMEs using ASCII art

VikingofRock posted:

pre:
   _________________________________________________________________________    
   \______   \_   _____/\______   \_   _____/\_   _____/\_   ___ \__    ___/    
    |     ___/|    __)_  |       _/|    __)   |    __)_ /    \  \/ |    |       
    |    |    |        \ |    |   \|     \    |        \\     \____|    |       
    |____|   /_______  / |____|_  /\___  /   /_______  / \______  /|____|       
                     \/         \/     \/            \/         \/              
.___         ___________                            __      __               ._.
|   | ____   \_   _____/__  __ ___________ ___.__. /  \    /  \_____  ___.__.| |
|   |/    \   |    __)_\  \/ // __ \_  __ <   |  | \   \/\/   /\__  \<   |  || |
|   |   |  \  |        \\   /\  ___/|  | \/\___  |  \        /  / __ \\___  | \|
|___|___|  / /_______  / \_/  \___  >__|   / ____|   \__/\  /  (____  / ____| __
         \/          \/           \/       \/             \/        \/\/      \/

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Reminds me of one of the best FAQs ever written:

https://www.gamefaqs.com/redemption/918379-skee-ball/faqs/29010

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Haha that's pretty great, I'm digging how sincere and friendly the author is as opposed to going for being as ironically detached as possible

quote:

Sources used in the creation of this FAQ:
> http://entertainment.msn.com/artist/?artist=125128 Info on rap artist Skee-Lo
> http://www.skeeball.com Info on the game of Skee-Ball itself
> http://www.flipdingo.com/archives/000432.html Provides a close-up view of the point-valued holes

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Clapping is usually done rhythmically and mixing in a bunch of words with different numbers of syllables would just make you look like a loving crazy person if you did it in person.

This is going to be the new "What is this, the local?", I swear.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

your friend a dog posted:

man i wonder why

:thunk:

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

What is a "booty" and how will I know if I'm shaking it?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Yestermoment posted:

What is a "booty" and how will I know if I'm shaking it?

You'll hear clapping

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
I was running fast around the track in high school and thought I heard applause; it was just my butt cheeks clapping together.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
The kinds of posters who have a chip on their shoulder about Koalas March and The Great Race Space also being utterly baffled by clapping is just too perfect. 🌽

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
So is it like a golf clap or what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I've inferred that the clapping thing is for emphasis, but it always makes me think of this instead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxFygFZTqd8