Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Sixto Lezcano posted:

if you're not sick or otherwise preoccupied, can you do a reading for me
today was a total gently caress and I could use some guidance

Also if you don't mind my asking; where did you learn tarot/get your deck? I'm really interested in learning tarot and maybe eventually illustrating my own deck, but there's so much stuff out there on it that i don't know where to start

you were part of a group of people
perhaps, you were involved in a group project
perhaps, this was in an office, or as part of a team in school
in any case, your assistance was needed, and while your efforts were essential, you were not recognized for them
you couldn't be, because in the race to accomplish a shared goal the likelihood of individual praise was slim
it was unlikely you would receive such a thing, unless your contribution rose above and beyond what your comrades had the imagination to expect, even ideally
this was a useful time for you as this time helped you develop a new skill, as well as an improved sense of self

a slow, and certain change has come upon your circumstances
you are open to this change, and may have anticipated it for some time
if this was not the case, the changes happening to you at this point would be much more jarring, and disturbing
instead, you are adapting to the changes you know will happen with ease and aplomb
you are able to use, and exploit the way
in which new circumstances offer new opportunities, and you will be delighted to find that your well timed sang froid will assist you in finding ways to adapt as new challenges face you

your future will be preoccupied with appraising your progress while choosing where to go from there
you will have put in a lot of effort into where you will reach in your immediate future, and while your progress will be self evident, your path forward will not be

you will be able to see where your previous choices have benefited you, in addition to having led you to the mini triumphs you will experience in your future
however, further victories will rely on sober introspection, and the calm as well as thoroughly considered analysis of the choices you have made until now, so that the route forward can be clear

e:

my deck is the golden tarot which was bought for me on amazon

my most memorable deck was the thoth deck, and i read a book by aleister crowley on tarot which marked the beginning of my understanding of tarot

i also studied the kabbalistic tree of life as it relates to astrology, and tarot, because of a college friend of mine

i have read some of the literature on tarot by the golden dawn which studied western hermetic christian mysticism, and read various books on tarot out of interest, as well as curiosity

it really doesn't matter where you start imo, as long as you start

Lindsey O. Graham has issued a correction as of 07:37 on Aug 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
how will i fare fishing with my niece next week?

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

For the month of August you will have a time of fertility, growth, and luck
you may be experiencing the beauty of life and the joys that come with that
take care to avoid flightiness and flitting from the thing as this card also suggests
the empress is acquisitive, curious, and luxuriates in her creature comforts
look for August to be a time of abundance and growing maturity as you uncover more of the leisurely pleasures of life

gracias, congressperson!

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief
there has been an update for Sixto Lezcano

Lindsey O. Graham has issued a correction as of 07:21 on Aug 7, 2017

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Zyla posted:

lindz i need a new reading

everything in my life went to poo poo and i need some new direction

in the past you had a strong sense of optimism
you peered over your surroundings, and took in what was there
based on this you had irrepressible energy, and foresight
your sense of vitality, and direction was infectious, inspiring, and perhaps may have even guided others to have renewed passion in pursuit of their goals as well

you may be looking back at this time with a vague sense of regret, but there is no need
the cards surrounding this representation of this time in your life suggest that your good feeling may not have been misplaced, though it may have been hard for you to divine the source of your newfound joy, and vigor

in the present, you are getting to know yourself
you are becoming intimate finally, with your needs, desires, and wants
you are gaining control over yourself, and both your darker as well as your more good natured impulses
you have not always been able to do this;
in fact, in the past it has been very difficult for you to maintain the self control you have been exhibiting now

this is due to a renewed commitment that you have to yourself to maintain control of the varying aspects, both positive, and negative of your personality

you will be happy to find that it may not be as much of a strain on you as you might expect, and that putting certain things behind you will serve you immeasurably in the end

in the future, there may be some difficulty
as you may suffer a case of 'you get what you wish for' as the future placement of the emperor brings with it demands on your time, and your sense of stability

new demands may enter your world, and your time may become limited

rules pertaining to decorum, and proper behavior may come to have significance that has thus far remained unprecedented in your private world
your ability to deal with others
will define how you see yourself as well as how you navigate your future
if you can take control of your life, you will see yourself as an avatar of change, and quietly, yet consistently make use of that advantage

Lindsey O. Graham has issued a correction as of 10:57 on Aug 11, 2017

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

gracias, congressperson!

:tipshat:

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief
bump for sixto

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

Thank you very much for the reading and tarot advice! It's given me some good poo poo to think about which is good because I have a lot of thinking to do lately

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Sixto Lezcano posted:

Thank you very much for the reading and tarot advice! It's given me some good poo poo to think about which is good because I have a lot of thinking to do lately

thank you
:same: in regards to having a lot of thinking to do
:blush:
:hfive:

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief
bumping to finish the reading

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief
new reading for zyla

Lindsey O. Graham has issued a correction as of 10:52 on Aug 11, 2017

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief
bump to remember got any seven's reading

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

thanks so much again lindz ur the best

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Zyla posted:

thanks so much again lindz ur the best

:peanut: :peanut:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
the fishing already happened and we caught one trout in four hours :/

wouldnt mind hearing how my autumn will be tho

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

got any sevens posted:

on it!
i'm sorry it takes me so long
i've been occupied

hope that trout was at least tasty

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

on it!
i'm sorry it takes me so long
i've been occupied

hope that trout was at least tasty

bump, so this gets done

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

when you have a moment, if no one has requested it, I'd be interested to see a reading for your Good Friend Al Franken

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief
bump so i may finish these readings

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

got any sevens posted:

late summer will have your regret

you may regret summer's passing, and look towards it's return

however, it appears more likely that August will turn out to be a difficult month, and a time where you will have to cede the past in favor of an uncertain, yet intensely hopeful future

mid-fall will be the morning of your victory
you will be charismatic, eloquent, and passionate in your aims
people will be allies in your efforts, and delegation may be possible as you press forward in your pursuits
you will have charm, charisma, and sincerity on your side as those close to you rally behind your cause
take advantage of friends, family, and possibly even lover(s) who are behind you as well as willing to support your goals

in the the late fall, you will experience change
you will know a shifting trend in your beliefs, and ideas
you will find that while not all aspects of change are attractive to you, the acquiescence to change will help you adapt to the new world, and your new expectations
your belief that change is not only inevitable, but preferred
will insulate you from the usual costs of adaptation
this insulation will protect you from the jarring effects of sudden change, and the stubbornness that might have otherwise prevented adaptation
you will find, finally, that change is not only what you want, but what you prefer in the face of injustice

Lindsey O. Graham has issued a correction as of 02:15 on Aug 20, 2017

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief
the reading of got any sevens is ready

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Peanut Butler posted:

when you have a moment, if no one has requested it, I'd be interested to see a reading for your Good Friend Al Franken

a one card reading for al franken is on the way!

gently caress him
i can't stand him
also, i'm givin' him a good readin' to boot
the knight of wands is who he is, this rat bastard, and it explains in part, his success
he is charming, brash, and adventurous
he is outspoken, staunch in his beliefs, and expressive, yet also cunning
he has traveled far and wide while charming everyone in his wake, and this has provided great success to him
he is unlikely to run for prez, if that's what you were asking, because it's not in his nature
he is a wanderer, a lover, and more critic than hero
it would require too much of him to lead the free world, and this is something he is well aware of
he would rather at this point, sit in the peanut gallery while yelling observations, and insults
he may change his mind, but the knight of wands is not likely to want to settle down any time soon

Lindsey O. Graham has issued a correction as of 10:18 on Aug 20, 2017

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief
peanut butler's reading is ready

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
do you read in piss

urinomancy is a forgotten art

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Kurtofan posted:

do you read in piss

urinomancy is a forgotten art

no, that substance disgusts me, and i already have to pretend i like it at work all day

by the time i get home i piss in the dark with no regard for aim to avoid seein the stuff

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
getting real high and naked and peeing in the backyard is a freeing experience

tyvm for the reading, it's simultaneously encouraging and worrying

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Hey Lindsey OG, I'm gonna do a job app for a gig that rediclously better than my current one that I'm only barely qualified for. What don the cards say of my chance of success?

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Agean90 posted:

Hey Lindsey OG, I'm gonna do a job app for a gig that rediclously better than my current one that I'm only barely qualified for. What don the cards say of my chance of success?

i'm gon' do a readin' on this, but take it from me...
apply
apply
apply

because you neva kno'

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief
al franken wants the gotdamn presidency
:pusheen:

i'm still doing important Intel work, but more will be breaking at 11

also, readings will be done around then as well

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief
bump because I forgot to do the latest reading

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief
@agean90

ok it has occurred to me that I waited to long to do the last reading

so I will do a standard three card reading:

in the past you were alone, and finding your path
you felt you could only keep your own counsel, and in many ways you were right
you were seeking private enlightenment, and in many ways an individual path forward
you followed your own insights, and the benefit of your own experiences
while surrounded by darkness, and perhaps even criticism you found yourself seeking a way of life unique to you, and your personal needs
this contributed to your enlightenment, your growth, and helped you in undergoing your coming of age
it is often difficult for us to be ourselves, and to suss out what that is however, you made the braver choice, and struck out on your own, so that you may better understand yourself, and others

in the present, you are going through an uneasy time
many of the structures in your life have fallen apart
you are feeling alone
you may be feeling betrayed by a particular person
in any case, it's been hard lately to see the light
this is to be expected
the ten of swords, better known as the card of ruin, let's us know that the difficult time in your life is not only in your present, but also on it's way out
closer inspection of the card let's us see that the dawn is approaching
you have reached rock bottom
so, there is only the way up and out from here
the walls at some point were closing in, and then fell in
it is this experience that may be characterizing your feelings now
in any case, the time for recovery is fast approaching, and you will find the grief of today will be fading fast into memory while hope visits you and your goals soon, and with great urgency

in the near future, the chance for love may emerge
if alone, this may be someone new, and if in a couple, it may reflect a time of renewal in your relationship
you may discover emotional support you didn't have before as you recover from misfortune
you may find that you are not alone as you struggle forward in your journey
this person wants to unite with you in your aims, and most importantly wipe away the sweat from your brow as you totter towards recovery from a difficult time
the 2 of cups is a lower expression of the lovers card, and it's this relationship that suggests the possibility of either new or renewed companionship
you and this person are choosing to drink from the same cup, and they have decided to experience your pain with you as you make the slow painful journey to full recovery

Lindsey O. Graham has issued a correction as of 03:19 on Sep 3, 2017

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

dear senator, may i have a reading for my september please? thank you :)

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

dear senator, may i have a reading for my september please? thank you :)

comin' right up!

to be cont.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

death? :(

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

don't worry
it's not what it seems
the card actually in short, signifies significant change
i have had trouble getting around to these lately
please bear with me

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

comin' right up!

to be cont.
you are the center of attention during this month as you have nonchalant charisma while you spring through life

people find you charming, as well as convincing while you begin your projects and plans; they simply can't help but to at least try to support you in your endeavors

this may have you feeling flush with romantic feeling as you go about your day to day life
the page of cups signifies a youth who is sensitive sweet, and romantic, yet naive
you may either be exploring a new/renewed phase of your relationship, or seeking a new relationship as evidenced by this card

it is during this time you will be thinking of the future in a whole new way as your deeper feelings of romanticism are renewed

change is on the way this month as signified by the death card
you are probably accepting this change with some degree of adaptiveness since death signifies a slow gradual change which does not necessarily represent upheaval, so much as the gradual close of one chapter as you enter a new chapter in your life

this period of growth is welcomed as you are recently seeking a new world to explore, and further enlightenment

it's lucky too, given that you've never been more charming

Lindsey O. Graham has issued a correction as of 02:59 on Sep 14, 2017

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

thank you <3

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_izvAbhExY

:cabot:

Lindz i could go for a read sometime around the upcoming equinox...diviners choice ofc

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Mariana Horchata posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_izvAbhExY

:cabot:

Lindz i could go for a read sometime around the upcoming equinox...diviners choice ofc

:peanut: :peanut:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

:tipshat:

• Locked thread