Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Kingtheninja posted:

I have a soft spot for Gordon, love to watch him run.

Are Giovanni or Tolbert worth nabbing? I need someone to go with fournette and the best I can do atm is John Stewart.

Don't think either is. Tolbert vultured that TD because McCoy was getting his wrist looked at. If you're in a Yahoo league you could grab Gio and see how the Thursday night game goes, and then drop him when he inevitably does nothing (this is what I'm doing). That should ultimately be Mixon's backfield.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Do you think there's a trade somewhere between me (first image) and this guy (second)? I tried for Baldwin with my Gillislee, but he wants a top RB. Do you see a 2 for 2 with Gordon and Jordy? I feel like I'd need another WR that I'd actually want to play.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Dammit, someone just dropped Amari Cooper for Andre Ellington, and I'm only 9th on the waiver list. :argh:

If I could get Cooper for dropping Zach Ertz....

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Silly Burrito posted:

Dammit, someone just dropped Amari Cooper for Andre Ellington, and I'm only 9th on the waiver list. :argh:

If I could get Cooper for dropping Zach Ertz....

Your commissioner is an idiot if he lets that stand.

MarquisDeCarabas
Jun 16, 2012
In a vacuum, pick three, rest of season (.5 ppr):
-Corey Coleman
-Jamison Crowder
-Corey Davis
-Kamara
-Duke
-Golladay

(I have three and three others got dropped to waivers in a 12-person league)

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

MarquisDeCarabas posted:

-Corey Coleman
-Jamison Crowder
-Corey Davis
-Kamara
-Duke
-Golladay

Crowder
Davis
Golladay
Kamara
Coleman
Duke

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

MarquisDeCarabas posted:

I like the top three myself. I don't trust Kamara's usage in that team with so many weapons and I don't trust Golladay. Duke and Davis could be neck-and-neck but I still think Davis wins out.

Question for you all:
in a 1PPR young-but-playoff-ready dynasty team, do you give Tarik Cohen to get Brandon Marshall? Pretty standard 2RB/2WR/2FLEX
I'm leaning "no" as I just traded for Howard, but I do have a bevy of good RBs (Gurley, Howard, CJA, Ingram+AP, Riddick and Sims) while I'm thin at WR (Thomas, Landry, Tyreek, Kupp, Rishard + Jordan Matthews).

I just don't know if I trust Marshall this year or for much longer.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
God no.

Cohen might out-target Marshall

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Your commissioner is an idiot if he lets that stand.

The guy playing had David Johnson. I see why he did it, it was just not the best drop he could've made, obviously.

I mean, yeah, if it was a mistake, take it back, but in context it's understandable. At which point do you as a commissioner say "No, that was a bad drop, take it back." and when do you let it stand?

The only argument I can think of is that whoever has waiver #1 gets a good receiver for nothing and could alter the balance of the league...maybe.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Silly Burrito posted:

The guy playing had David Johnson. I see why he did it, it was just not the best drop he could've made, obviously.

I mean, yeah, if it was a mistake, take it back, but in context it's understandable. At which point do you as a commissioner say "No, that was a bad drop, take it back." and when do you let it stand?

The only argument I can think of is that whoever has waiver #1 gets a good receiver for nothing and could alter the balance of the league...maybe.

Which two wrs does he have better than cooper, top 3 even for flex + bye

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Amergin posted:

Question for you all:
in a 1PPR young-but-playoff-ready dynasty team, do you give Tarik Cohen to get Brandon Marshall? Pretty standard 2RB/2WR/2FLEX
I'm leaning "no" as I just traded for Howard, but I do have a bevy of good RBs (Gurley, Howard, CJA, Ingram+AP, Riddick and Sims) while I'm thin at WR (Thomas, Landry, Tyreek, Kupp, Rishard + Jordan Matthews).

I just don't know if I trust Marshall this year or for much longer.

You should not even be considering this.

Reposting this question from a few pages back:

RCarr posted:

I dropped my Kicker in order to grab Cohen off waivers. Who should I drop for a replacement kicker? (non-ppr)

Hogan seems like the guy to drop, but if OBJ doesn't play this week he's the highest ranked replacement I have this week.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Hogan

schweens posted:

Is it worth dropping John Brown for Marlon Mack or Kamara?

If it makes a difference I already have Frank Gore and my receivers are Martavis/AJ Green/Thielen/Tyrell Williams/C. Coleman.

Don't drop John Brown if your in PPR. He's the #2 in an offense that will have to throw a lot.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

The fantasy forum is making GBS threads themselves over Kareem Hunt being Jamaal Charles 2.0 lol. It's hard to tell them that occasionally a player like Nick Foles gets 7 TD's.

:lol: this guy

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

That post was from 2 days ago so like, relax. Having a posting vendetta is really weird.

The reaction by actual Chiefs fans here was much more subdued.

Don't get yourself all lathered up for one game involving a complete defensive collapse and Andy Reid coming off an extended break. He tends to win those. Check out his record on bye weeks.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Yahoo has Tyreek Hill projected as the #1 WR this week. Scheduled to score more than Antonio Brown and Julio Jones. The chiefs hype is ridiculous.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Brown I can vaguely understand, Xavier Rhodes is really really good

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

MarquisDeCarabas posted:

-Corey Coleman
-Jamison Crowder
-Corey Davis
-Kamara
-Duke
-Golladay

Crowder feels over rated. He's very boom/bust. Even looking at last season's gamelogs, 4 games with 3 or fewer targets, 7 games with 5 or fewer.

He's WR... 2? 3? On an offense that's still looking for it's identity. Pryor was brought in to be the WR1; Doctson is probably WR2 if healthy. Crowder's role is largely slot, but that role is overshadowed by the TEs when Reed is healthy. Even if he gets healthy and wins the WR2 job, he'll have a healthy Reed and Chris Thompson eating into his potential targets.

Coleman is a much safer choice I think (concern is health), as is Davis, and they have higher upside. For the third to pick, I'd go with ceiling over floor -- Golladay or Kamara.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

That post was from 2 days ago so like, relax. Having a posting vendetta is really weird.

The reaction by actual Chiefs fans here was much more subdued.

Don't get yourself all lathered up for one game involving a complete defensive collapse and Andy Reid coming off an extended break. He tends to win those. Check out his record on bye weeks.

I'm not it was just funny that you shitthatdidnthappen.txt in a different thread because a kid ran wild on your favorite team and you're salty as gently caress about it because people had the audacity to think he could be a good player

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Someone just traded Kelce for James White, Charles Clay, and Tyrell Williams in my league (non-ppr)...

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I'm more concerned with the drops there

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

the_american_dream posted:

I'm not it was just funny that you shitthatdidnthappen.txt in a different thread because a kid ran wild on your favorite team and you're salty as gently caress about it because people had the audacity to think he could be a good player

No one cares except for you, that's why you're pulling up 2 day old quotes out of different subforums and everyone else is talking around us. The least interesting thing on this forum is a one sided attempt at a pedantic slapfight, especially over something retarded like a sample size of one football game.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

RCarr posted:

Someone just traded Kelce for James White, Charles Clay, and Tyrell Williams in my league (non-ppr)...

I asked what the new Kelce owner would trade him for.

His offer was:

He gives: Kelce

I give: CJ Anderson and Tarik Cohen

What should I counter with?

My team:

I need to drop someone for a kicker so I'd love to do a 2 for 1 deal here for Kelce.

Thoughts?

Is Cohen and Hogan too insulting?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Both of you shut the gently caress up. Let's talk fantasy football!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

pubic works project posted:

Both of you shut the gently caress up. Let's talk fantasy football!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

RCarr posted:

His offer was:

My team:

I need to drop someone for a kicker so I'd love to do a 2 for 1 deal here for Kelce.

Thoughts?

Does he have another TE to replace Kelce? I'd offer Fleener and Ingram first.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

RCarr posted:

His offer was:

My team:

Thoughts?

What's your record? You have a solid bench right now and if you're winning I would wait. Fantasy early on is more about surviving than just having good starters. Once I get to week 13 or so I try to strengthen my starters for a playoff push.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

pubic works project posted:

Does he have another TE to replace Kelce? I'd offer Fleener and Ingram first.

He has Bennett as well so he's not interested in Fleener.

RisqueBarber posted:

What's your record? You have a solid bench right now and if you're winning I would wait. Fantasy early on is more about surviving than just having good starters. Once I get to week 13 or so I try to strengthen my starters for a playoff push.

I'm 1-0 and definitely have the best team in the league. I just figured since I have to drop one of these guys anyway, might as well upgrade my TE, since he's apparently being sold for peanuts in this league.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Sep 14, 2017

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

RCarr posted:

He has Bennett as well so he's not interested in Fleener.

I'm 1-0 and definitely have the best team in the league. I just figured since I have to drop one of these guys anyway, might as well upgrade my TE, since he's apparently being sold for peanuts in this league,

I'd offer Cohen/Ingram + Hogan. That's it.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

RisqueBarber posted:

I'd offer Cohen/Ingram + Hogan. That's it.

This is pretty much what I'm willing to give up for him. Thanks for confirming.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
12 Team, Half PPR, 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1FLX/1DST

QB: Carr, Luck
RB: Gurley, Riddick, Rawls, Prosise, Burkhead
WR: Julio, Cooper, Diggs, John Brown
TE: Kelce
DST: Rams

Questions:

1. Should I just say "gently caress it" and drop Luck at this point?

2. Given the following RBs, who would you choose? I currently have Prosise and Burkhead.

Prosise
Burkhead
Marlon Mack (Just Dropped)
Bilal Powell (Just Dropped)
Chris Carson
Danny Woodhead (Just Dropped)
Andre Ellington (Just Dropped)
Paul Perkins (Just Dropped)
Jeremy Hill (Just Dropped)

FantasyPros says that Bilal Powell is still the RB24 in ECR, but it doesn't seem like the Jets are going to use him so long as Forte is around. Marlon Mack is at least getting touches and might usurp Gore; he almost had a second TD. They're all lottery tickets so I have no idea WTF to think, but I'm leaning towards Mack and either Carson or Powell.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Sweeper posted:

Which two wrs does he have better than cooper, top 3 even for flex + bye

Desean Jackson, Brandin Cooks, Corey Coleman are the only three WRs he has now.

I understand that he wanted Ellington to replace DJ, but yeah, I wouldn't have dropped Cooper. Then again, this is the same guy who drafted Jordy Nelson that year he was hurt with his second round pick, then ended up winning the whole league. Fantasy is a fickle mistress. :shrug:

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

12 Team, Half PPR, 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1FLX/1DST

QB: Carr, Luck
RB: Gurley, Riddick, Rawls, Prosise, Burkhead
WR: Julio, Cooper, Diggs, John Brown
TE: Kelce
DST: Rams

Questions:

1. Should I just say "gently caress it" and drop Luck at this point?

2. Given the following RBs, who would you choose? I currently have Prosise and Burkhead.

Prosise
Burkhead
Marlon Mack (Just Dropped)
Bilal Powell (Just Dropped)
Chris Carson
Danny Woodhead (Just Dropped)
Andre Ellington (Just Dropped)
Paul Perkins (Just Dropped)
Jeremy Hill (Just Dropped)

FantasyPros says that Bilal Powell is still the RB24 in ECR, but it doesn't seem like the Jets are going to use him so long as Forte is around. Marlon Mack is at least getting touches and might usurp Gore; he almost had a second TD. They're all lottery tickets so I have no idea WTF to think, but I'm leaning towards Mack and either Carson or Powell.

1.) I wouldn't, especially if you have an IR spot.

2.) Leaning Mack but you're right its a loving toss up.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I would love a drat IR spot, but nope don't have one.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Zauper posted:

Crowder feels over rated. He's very boom/bust. Even looking at last season's gamelogs, 4 games with 3 or fewer targets, 7 games with 5 or fewer.

He's WR... 2? 3? On an offense that's still looking for it's identity. Pryor was brought in to be the WR1; Doctson is probably WR2 if healthy. Crowder's role is largely slot, but that role is overshadowed by the TEs when Reed is healthy. Even if he gets healthy and wins the WR2 job, he'll have a healthy Reed and Chris Thompson eating into his potential targets.

Coleman is a much safer choice I think (concern is health), as is Davis, and they have higher upside. For the third to pick, I'd go with ceiling over floor -- Golladay or Kamara.

Crowder is good op. And nothing you said about his role in the offense changed from last year except instead of definitely being the WR3 behind Jackson and Garcon he's behind Pryor and maybe Doctson at some point in the future.

Also

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I have Tyler Eifert in a 14-team 1 PPR league.. Charles Clay is on waivers.. I kinda want to grab him but who should I drop if anyone?

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Varg posted:

I have Tyler Eifert in a 14-team 1 PPR league.. Charles Clay is on waivers.. I kinda want to grab him but who should I drop if anyone?

Beasley, if you're convinced. I hate the idea of having two defenses or two tight ends on my team though.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Oh cool, I'm facing Le'Veon in 3 of 5 leagues this week. Can't wait for the Steelers to force feed him the ball to make up for Week 1.

Alternatively, if he has another dud I've hit the lottery.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Varg posted:

tyler eifert

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Is anyone avoiding Wilson this weekend? With the way they struggled against GB, I have to think the Jags (?!) are going to just tee off on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Ben Nevis posted:

Is anyone avoiding Wilson this weekend? With the way they struggled against GB, I have to think the Jags (?!) are going to just tee off on them.

They play the 49ers so no im firing him up.

• Locked thread