Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
*ahem*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-teMkx2vgA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

TheChirurgeon posted:

I can't believe that poo poo held up on review. One of the most shameful calls I've seen

No it wasn't, not even Kirk Cousins is bitching about it. It went for a league review. Did you even watch the replacement refs?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
He was talking about the Duke Johnson fumble.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Anyone got a clip of the offending play? I was driving away from a hurricane that didn't land and missed most of the football this last week.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

No it wasn't, not even Kirk Cousins is bitching about it. It went for a league review. Did you even watch the replacement refs?

lol

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

He was talking about the Duke Johnson fumble.

Well I stand corrected so now I have to find something else to tell at him about

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

Anyone got a clip of the offending play? I was driving away from a hurricane that didn't land and missed most of the football this last week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t74qQkSb8cQ&t=370s

6:10 mark of the highlights video.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I mean I don't get a slow motion there so I can't say for sure. Real time it looks like he got hit right at the back of his windup.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Yeah the thing is that the debate is about if the ball came loose from the Defender's left hand hitting Kirk's arm and then Kirk's arm moved it forward.

Once you start splitting hairs like that they generally just go with the call on the field.

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Sep 14, 2017

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

We should do something special for page 100

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

blue squares posted:

We could try making good posts for once

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Yeah the thing is that the debate is about if the ball came loose from the Defender's left hand hitting Kirk's arm and then Kirk's arm moved it forward.

Once you start splitting hairs like that they generally just go with the call on the field.

Yeah, in my opinion the ball looks like it's perfectly in Kirk's control right up until it gets batted into the air, but by then we're squinting at blurry still images and we're probably past the point where we can definitively say "oh yes we have absolute, conclusive evidence that the call should be overturned."

I'd be furious if I were a Redskins fan, because it's pretty clear—just not quite clear enough.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I think his left arm jostles it but I hate Dan Snyder so much that my confirmation bias is professionally diagnosable.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

blue squares posted:

Name your team's best two players whose numbers add up to 100, current and historic.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

AL Lerner refusing to apologize for the fans to the league owned.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I think Kirk Cousins deserves better but the Redskins do not.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

That looks like a forward pass.

grah
Jul 26, 2007
brainsss

Mr. Nice! posted:

It does, the question was whether the ball was rolling out of his hand before the arm came forward, which--probably it wasn't. But with the call on the field a fumble, they chose not to overturn. It was a bad call but I don't think the Redskins win even with that being an incomplete pass.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Horray for an article series that will calm my Is Carson Elite urges!

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Mr. Nice! posted:

Oh yeah, it totally was. I don't think any Eagles fans here are saying it was the correct call.

I guess you could make the argument that there wasn't enough evidence to overturn the ruling on the field, but I think everyone watching it live thought it was going to be overturned after seeing the replays, including the Eagles players and coaches.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I hope mcadont gets fired soon he's trash to look at listen to and watch coach.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Shinjobi posted:

I think Kirk Cousins deserves better but the Redskins do not.

He'll do fine next year in California.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Bridgewater should be back next year so maybe the Redskins can replace Cousins with Bradford.

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.
I wouldn't say I've jumped on the "fire Reese" bandwagon just yet, but I'm sizing it up.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Seems Pumphrey is out for the year.

Not gonna lie, not messed up about it. Dude has a long ways to go.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

89 posted:

Seems Pumphrey is out for the year.

Not gonna lie, not messed up about it. Dude has a long ways to go.

I myself am shocked that a runningback smaller than DeSean Jackson is having trouble in the NFL

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Gay Horney posted:

I hope mcadont gets fired soon he's trash to look at listen to and watch coach.

Rivals pun?

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Chichevache posted:

Rivals pun?

Who cares you loving snitch

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Jota posted:

Who cares you loving snitch

It must be stamped out ruthlessly

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

It must be stamped out ruthlessly

I mean, yeah, most of the time I'm with you, but chich is still being a bit of a bitch. This is the shittalk your rival thread and the king of divisional threads.

Not really it's just eagles chat why do we care again? You're gonna get hit with a snowball filled with a battery if you're not careful.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

It doesn't have to be an eagles thread, ya'll other fans just need to speak up

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

There's no real shittalking to do at this point. Boys and birds are 1-0 and giants and the washington snyders are 0-1. Seems about the right situation for the start of week 2.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

It's hard to compete with the back to back to back to back etc offseason champs.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Mr. Nice! posted:

There's no real shittalking to do at this point. Boys and birds are 1-0 and giants and the washington snyders are 0-1. Seems about the right situation for the start of week 2.

Nobody ever said it had to be poo poo talking. You can just talk about your team and stuff.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Mr. Nice! posted:

I mean, yeah, most of the time I'm with you, but chich is still being a bit of a bitch. This is the shittalk your rival thread and the king of divisional threads.

Not really it's just eagles chat why do we care again? You're gonna get hit with a snowball filled with a battery if you're not careful.

Athanatos just nailed me and I am still extremely salty about my 6 hour time out.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Chichevache posted:

Athanatos just nailed me and I am still extremely salty about my 6 hour time out.

Makes sense but no need to be a bitch about it. If you're gonna troll take your lumps with pride.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Makes sense but no need to be a bitch about it. If you're gonna troll take your lumps with pride.

Gender slur?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Top notch work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Mr. Nice! posted:

It's hard to compete with the back to back to back to back etc offseason champs.

Speaking of which, check out the lean from the Eagles 1st round pick:

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/907385511987347456

(probably keep the sound muted though)

• Locked thread