Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tom Perez B/K/M?
This poll is closed.
B 77 25.50%
K 160 52.98%
M 65 21.52%
Total: 229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/908160218995068928

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

I didn't even consider the timestamps, good lord :cripes:

D.Ork Bimboolean
Aug 26, 2016

Jizz Festival posted:

Love watching IRL meltdowns like this. I wonder how many of the people close to her are begging her not to do this?

Bend the Knee, Jizz Festival.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

What the gently caress?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

She wants him to run as her VP, doesn't she

A LITTLE TOO LATE FOR THAT

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

EugeneJ posted:

She wants him to run as her VP, doesn't she

A LITTLE TOO LATE FOR THAT

It wouldn't have worked anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heE143betU8

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009

joepinetree posted:

I just listened to PSA's interview with Clinton. I think a lot of people already talked about the most egregious points. But the thing that really bugged me was that she claimed that in 2008 she ran a campaign on the issues, unlike Bernie. And that she quit as soon as she lost. Unfortunately, none of the PSA guys pushed back (though you could see that Lovett was trying to). But yeah, the "try to get this photo of Obama in African garb - but call it Muslim garb - into as many news programs as possible" strategy was totally about the issues. As was the "I am not quitting because someone might decide to kill the first Black nomination winner" part.

Listening it definitely felt like Lovett was getting push back on asking any follow up questions that might expose any contradictions in Clinton's narrative. What's his personal politics like anyway? I know he's pushed for Kamela Harris to actually commit to single payer when she was being evasive on how she wanted to improve Heath care during her interview on Pod Save (and admitted he thought the Chapo guys were much funny than himself).

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Yadoppsi posted:

Listening it definitely felt like Lovett was getting push back on asking any follow up questions that might expose any contradictions in Clinton's narrative. What's his personal politics like anyway? I know he's pushed for Kamela Harris to actually commit to single payer when she was being evasive on how she wanted to improve Heath care during her interview on Pod Save (and admitted he thought the Chapo guys were much funny than himself).

He was the first to admit that Bernie would have won, IIRC.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

unsurprising that hillary is a hamilton freak

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
Lovett is the closest to a redeeming factor on PSA, but expecting him to be truly oppositional on there is high hopes.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Condiv posted:

she shoehorned a hamilton reference in my interview and it was everything i could do not to snort-laugh

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I'm actually curious if they are going to do another favorability poll on Hillary (since people seem to love doing those in contrast to Trump) since this tour seems like it's designed to piss off everyone that's not a die hard supporter and that book signing quote up thread seems like she's not even being very generous to them either.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Radish posted:

I'm actually curious if they are going to do another favorability poll on Hillary (since people seem to love doing those in contrast to Trump) since this tour seems like it's designed to piss off everyone that's not a die hard supporter and that book signing quote up thread seems like she's not even being very generous to them either.

I'm hoping it's one final cash grab before she retires.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

Neeksy posted:

Lovett is the closest to a redeeming factor on PSA, but expecting him to be truly oppositional on there is high hopes.

He’s much better on his own show, which is very good when people like Joy Reid are not on it. He is also very good on PSA because he keeps the other well-to-do frat bros from hawking too hard. I stopped listening to PSA mid-week update because it is too much thirdwayism from inside the beltway.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/jonlovett/status/896076076534775809?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Isn’t this the market in the EU? Airlines here are ultra-competitive. Nationalized rail is great, I’m unsure about nationalized air.

Dirk Pitt fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Sep 14, 2017

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
If it's good for rail, it's good for air. Nationalise all infrastructure.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I don't give a gently caress about being treated like cattle if I can fly across the country for 200 bucks. Deregulated airlines own

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

call to action posted:

I don't give a gently caress about being treated like cattle if I can fly across the country for 200 bucks. Deregulated airlines own

Sounds like the thing you need is a tornado :ocelot::grin:

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

Lovett had Neera Tanden and a never Trumper who ranted about Sanders on his show. He is not great either.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

call to action posted:

We did a bachelor party to Gdańsk. Plane tickets round trip were $25. I was very happy with that. The American market is almost impossible to compete in.

Edit: when my wife and I fly home to Oklahoma at Christmas we use SAS which has a mix of government owners and private entities and it owns bones too. The worst part is switching to American or United.

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

Condiv posted:

It owns that Ezra Klein can't even use his lanyard to grift his way into Hamilton.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

MooselanderII posted:

Lovett had Neera Tanden and a never Trumper who ranted about Sanders on his show. He is not great either.

He also had Tom Morello and Symone Sanders. I am not saying that he is great. He is better than the others, and you can clearly see that he is further left than the rest of the podcast, but knows that his audience and his TV writer friends would disown him if he went full on chapo mode. You could hear the discomfort in his audience when Morello started talking about democrats coddling corporations being responsible for this mess.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Yes lovette selling out is what makes him worse than the centrist technocrats be works with. Lol every time Vietor laments "the process"😭😭

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Unbelievably Fat Man posted:

It owns that Ezra Klein can't even use his lanyard to grift his way into Hamilton.

Maybe he's politely saying he doesn't want to see it?

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Lovett also had Sarah Silverman on and when he told her he was still a capitalist she told him it was okay and he could still be a rich rear end in a top hat, which I thought was funny. He's definitely the best of the PSA guys but Favreau is a full on Obama worshipper, including the centrism, and Vietor is the dude obsessed with norms nobody gives a poo poo about anymore, so it's an easy bar to clear.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

Yes lovette selling out is what makes him worse than the centrist technocrats be works with. Lol every time Vietor laments "the process"😭😭

It's the opposite of selling out. He's been incrementally moving left. From Clinton staffer to west wing writer to Obama staffer to keeping it 1600/PSA to the left of PSA to Lovett or Leave it. Yes, he is still pretty centrist. But if he keeps going like this he will soon be a guest on Chapo, then Stockton to Malone, then full on the Dig.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Ringer doesn't have the gravitas that Grantland had, but seeing an article like this up there shows just how the world has left Abuela behind https://www.theringer.com/2017/9/14/16307594/hillary-clinton-what-happened-clintonism-sanders-trump

Marxalot posted:

I'm hoping it's one final cash grab before she retires.

If it wasn't designed to be one, it is now. You might be able to get one more DNC speech out of Bill but even he's lost his fastball there and it's best that the Clinton's find a deep, dark hole/cell to spend the rest of their days in.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Who gives a poo poo, gently caress anyone who's not full on for at least M4A

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

NPR has idiots on speed dial whenever healthcare reform is brought up.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Any pundit that is against M4A from the right is literally worse than a Charlottesville Nazi in terms of actual lives destroyed or impacted

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

InnercityGriot posted:

Lovett also had Sarah Silverman on and when he told her he was still a capitalist she told him it was okay and he could still be a rich rear end in a top hat, which I thought was funny. He's definitely the best of the PSA guys but Favreau is a full on Obama worshipper, including the centrism, and Vietor is the dude obsessed with norms nobody gives a poo poo about anymore, so it's an easy bar to clear.

My personal favorite is when the PSA boys acknowledge the left's discontent and say "that's a conversation we can have, sure! But for right now..."

A more specific great moment was when Glenn Greenwald went on Vietor's show and completely schooled him on the most basic facts of the Snowden leak, such as the fact that the press broke the documents to the public rather than Snowden himself.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I mean look at this, what a buncha loving morons

https://twitter.com/nprpolitics/status/908373876970835968

DEMOCRATS HAVE NO MESSAGE

"medicare for all"

JUST A SLOGAN

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Make Beyonce talk about medicare for all.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Nonsense posted:

Make Beyonce talk about medicare for all.

please do this.

Nonsense posted:

"medicare for all"

JUST A SLOGAN

Yeah, NPR is basically crap these days.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Nonsense posted:

"medicare for all"

JUST A SLOGAN

All left-wing policy must be reduced to Xeno's Paradox-like pursuits, I guess.

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Yeah, NPR is basically crap these days.

Yeah, I'm never giving them another cent.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

yronic heroism posted:

It's pretty much predicting doom and gloom for the party, nonsense posts about losing ground in the House next year, etc. If anything, events are showing the Democratic party as a whole is pretty responsive to its base. Not to be confused with loving naysayers who only moan rather than participate in any way other than maybe voting for Bernie (if they registered).

While I disagree with the idea that the Democrats are necessarily electorally doomed in the short term (specifically 2018 and 2020), it is entirely reasonable to feel "doom and gloom" regarding the ability of the mainstream party prior to Sanders' recent influence* to actually fix the massive problem causing millions of Americans to suffer. Democrats might be able to occasionally make temporary gains on the backs of Republican misgovernance, but that won't actually lead to giving people the help they need. This is why it is important that people continue to actively push the Democrats to the left (as Bernie has been doing).

*Even now it's just sort of ambiguous; it's good that people are feeling pressured to cosponsor/support the MfA bill, but it's likely it's largely due to the fact that it has no chance of passing in the near future. Getting their support on the record is still a good thing regardless, but I think it's too early to really claim we're "back on the right track."

yronic heroism posted:

I predicted Dems would start hopping on MFA fast like two months ago. Guess what happened. No one rushed to agree with this view because the mindset of this thread is basically accelerationist.

lol, what? How is it "accelerationist"? There are maybe 2 or 3 dumb people who have actively expressed that they would prefer Trump over Hillary, but that is clearly a minority view. Pessimism regarding the intentions and actions of Democratic politicians is entirely reasonable, and it doesn't cause any harm unless people are deciding not to vote in swing states as a result.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Sep 14, 2017

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nonsense posted:

"medicare for all"

JUST A SLOGAN

If your plan to pass single payer relies on fair and accurate news coverage...

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Nonsense posted:

"medicare for all"

JUST A SLOGAN

Their article says the plan is to eventually get everyone on an expanded Medicare. So "Medicare for all" seems completely fine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Fans posted:

Their article says the plan is to eventually get everyone on an expanded Medicare. So "Medicare for all" seems completely fine?

I think that was :thejoke:

• Locked thread