Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

WarEternal posted:

Jesus, this new Hulu interface update on the PS4 is loving horrible, practically unnavigable.

Haven't loaded up the new PS4 app yet, but it's a goddamn house of horrors on iPad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

can we talk about how bad amazon prime on browser is?

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

I hope this isn't covered like every 10 pages in this thread, but is there a good site that lets you enter the name of a movie (or TV show), and have it tell you which streaming services it's available for free on, if any?

https://www.canistream.it is what I generally use, but it falls somewhere between "doesn't work whatsoever" and "mildly works but with an experience as pleasant as diarrhea".

rngd in the womb
Oct 13, 2009

Yam Slacker
Yeah I don't like that website either. This seems better.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

A MIRACLE posted:

can we talk about how bad amazon prime on browser is?

I can't tell you how many times I've clicked the wrong "Movies" because they're three inches apart from each other and are almost the exact same size and font.

rngd in the womb posted:

Just Watch is what I use, too. It lets you customize which streaming services you use and even pulls from smaller stuff like Shudder. It's very good.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

nate fisher posted:

I am 8 episodes in on The Handmaid's Tale, and all I have to say is give it every drama award possible please (and give Master of None all the other awards). Also I knew it was coming after watching Mad Men all those years, but I am in love with ‎Elisabeth Moss. This is even despite the fact she is into Scientology (why oh why given their history of mistreating people).

While I haven't finished it, I was surprised to learn there was going to be a season 2. I thought it was just a mini-series.

It really is a great series. Everything the changed or added improved the story, and Atwood is on board to help write season two.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

rngd in the womb posted:

Although it suggests you can't stream Twin Peaks: The Return anywhere so it looks like it's not airtight.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Thanks! This seems much better. And I generally use these not as an authoritative source, but more as a first glance of "am I gonna have to pay for this"

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Sarchasm posted:

Haven't loaded up the new PS4 app yet, but it's a goddamn house of horrors on iPad.

Hulu was the only PS4 streaming app I had that was legitimately unstable, as in it would crash regularly. Just lock up and completely crash sometimes when I would go to play something.

TychoCelchuuu posted:

Although it suggests you can't stream Twin Peaks: The Return anywhere so it looks like it's not airtight.

Well you can't with just a sub to one of the normal streaming services, which I think is the point of that search engine. You can stream it but you have to pay for Showtime, which I don't think has it's own individual streaming service. It's an add-on that's extra on top of whatever membership you have with a streaming service(I watched Twin Peaks on Prime).

Basebf555 fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Sep 14, 2017

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Sarchasm posted:

Ugh, it's unusable on Android, what happened to the PS4 version? :ohdear:

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Basebf555 posted:

Well you can't with just a sub to one of the normal streaming services, which I think is the point of that search engine. You can stream it but you have to pay for Showtime, which I don't think has it's own individual streaming service. It's an add-on that's extra on top of whatever membership you have with a streaming service(I watched Twin Peaks on Prime).
But Showtime is clearly listed as one of the streaming services it checks, and if you search other stuff available on Showtime (like Twin Peaks or Fire Walk With Me) it shows up as streamable on Showtime. My issue is just that if I have a streaming service, I want to know that the site will check the service for the thing. Otherwise I'm always going to have to double check, because I can't be sure that a "no" from the site is a "no" for a service.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Basebf555 posted:

Hulu was the only PS4 streaming app I had that was legitimately unstable, as in it would crash regularly. Just lock up and completely crash sometimes when I would go to play something.

Well good news. They've made the UI so unusable that you'll never notice the stability issues again.

I mean, it's a hot neon trash fire now.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

mysterious frankie posted:

Well good news. They've made the UI so unusable that you'll never notice the stability issues again.

I mean, it's a hot neon trash fire now.

They lost me when they lost Criterion and then I grew out of my 8 year long Gordon Ramsay phase, so there was really no reason to continue the subscription.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Basebf555 posted:

They lost me when they lost Criterion and then I grew out of my 8 year long Gordon Ramsay phase, so there was really no reason to continue the subscription.

Sign up for a trial just to see how badly they dropped the ball. Seriously. It'd be hilarious if I wasn't paying money for the experience.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

mysterious frankie posted:

Sign up for a trial just to see how badly they dropped the ball. Seriously. It'd be hilarious if I wasn't paying money for the experience.

I did this in Januaryish and it was depressing.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Isn't Hulu the only way to watch Rick & Morty now?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Franchescanado posted:

Seasons 1 + 2, they don't do the two-week-delayed posting for that one.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Speaking of Hulu, didn't Broad City return last night? I went to go watch it this morning, and they didn't have it up.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

The live tv package with Hulu is a great value for the channels you get, but the interface is so so terrible. I'd have to spend almost $30 more to get the same channels I need with DirecTV, and I'm halfway considering it to get away from that interface.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Enos Cabell posted:

The live tv package with Hulu is a great value for the channels you get, but the interface is so so terrible. I'd have to spend almost $30 more to get the same channels I need with DirecTV, and I'm halfway considering it to get away from that interface.

Any reason Sling isn't an option? Its interface is the best of any I've tried, and it's got a few more options if you want to pick and choose

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I did this in Januaryish and it was depressing.

Right now it's Michael Mann Presents: Close Up of A Peach. I'm not sure if they have other shows, or just the peach thing. Sometimes a giant picture of Handmaids Tale or Adventure Time is projected onto the neon peach skin, but I'm not sure if I can watch those or if it's just like... it's commentary or... something? Still trying to work it out. V conceptual.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

morestuff posted:

Any reason Sling isn't an option? Its interface is the best of any I've tried, and it's got a few more options if you want to pick and choose

They don't have BTN, it's the only thing holding me back.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Seriously, the only reason I still have Hulu at the moment is because they keep giving it to me at $6 per month.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
That, and at least as of over the weekend the PlayStation interface was still useable.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Enos Cabell posted:

They don't have BTN, it's the only thing holding me back.

Playstation Vue is an option. Probably $10-$20 more expensive than hulu though, especially if you're counting the free standard hulu subscription as part of that value.

I like the Vue interface on PS4, but I imagine the performance would be lacking on Roku or whatever.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

wa27 posted:

Playstation Vue is an option. Probably $10-$20 more expensive than hulu though, especially if you're counting the free standard hulu subscription as part of that value.

I like the Vue interface on PS4, but I imagine the performance would be lacking on Roku or whatever.

The Vue app on Roku is not good (last time I checked), but it works great on AppleTV 4 gen and FireTV. In my experience the performance overall is better on those 2 boxes than my PS Pro. It is to the point that I never use my Playstations to Vue.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I found out about the interface change while really drunk last night. I thought I was having a hard time because I was hammered, but nope, even sober it's baffling

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

wa27 posted:

Yeah I might have to give that another shot. I did the trial when it first came out and wasn't too impressed, but my expectations have lowered considerably since then.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
Thank you, thread, for giving me the gift of The Good Place -- I had no idea it was on Netflix and am now proper hooked. There aren't enough good 20 minute shows out there!

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Tahani :swoon:

I have never been so attracted to a woman twice my height

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

regulargonzalez posted:

Tahani :swoon:

I have never been so attracted to a woman twice my height

I would eat the scones.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Franchescanado posted:

Amazon Video (not Prime).

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

i think rick and morty might have jumped the shark already

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
That's okay because the newest episode is Good.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

Franchescanado posted:

We watch it on Sling.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Just reminding everyone that Vice Principals is back Sunday night on HBO.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Jose Oquendo posted:

I'll be subbing for a month when that is about over to see it and Ballers.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

Jose Oquendo posted:

I just rewatched eastbound and down with my wife in anticipation of Vice Principals. I gotta say, the first season of Eastbound is just the bee's knees. Kenny Powers is my spirit animal.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

I just rewatched eastbound and down with my wife in anticipation of Vice Principals. I gotta say, the first season of Eastbound is just the bee's knees. Kenny Powers is my spirit animal.

I really love the fourth season most.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
The new version of the Hulu app on the PS4 is really just absolute crap. Sure, it's pretty, but the UI makes zero sense. And it crashes all the time. And every time it crashes, it doesn't remember where I was in the middle of the episode, and when I reload it, it wants to start at the very start of the episode.