Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Argh. Those Deathwatch are beautiful. You guys aren't making my Knight v. Black Spear Strikeforce choice any easier.

Luebbi posted:

I got my new mat in, and also finished painting up my 2k list, so I decided to take all my painted 'nids out for a group shot.

I've only got my lovely cellphone cam, so it didn't come out that great - but still, seeing it all on the table like that feels great. Next up, another Broodlord and 8 more genestealers to get the count up to 40!

Setting down a completed army that's based on the table and snapping some pictures of them is such a great feeling. Great looking nids, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Ayn Marx posted:

This is so good I want to buy a deathwatch start collecting box and see if I can pull it off

Thanks! Deathwatch have been real fun to assemble and paint, but expensive in the sense that I've been buying more bitz to customize dudes to better represent their chapters.

If you're interested, I've got the full album of my mans to-date here:
https://imgur.com/a/GU9kH

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan

Sharks Dont Sleep posted:

There are some great 3rd party conversion kits for combi weapons for what it's worth. Kromlech and Puppetswar I think. Maybe spellcrow too.

Rad, thanks for that - that gives me lots of options.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
If that /tg/ post has any basis in reality, it's good news. Not surprising (I feel like 90% of that could have been guessed by anybody), but good news.

Those Deathwatch and Nids look great, I want to mash them together and watch them kill each other.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Percelus posted:

ngl if they update the emperor's children range at bigmar scale and release fulgrim i would give gw a lot of money

If they give me new Ork sculpts on the quality level of bigmars, I will probably just mail my wallet to the UK.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

TheChirurgeon posted:

Thanks! Deathwatch have been real fun to assemble and paint, but expensive in the sense that I've been buying more bitz to customize dudes to better represent their chapters.

These are some great looking Deathwatch.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

TheChirurgeon posted:

Are these Chads or old marines?

Either way: Nice!

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Schadenboner posted:

Are these Chads or old marines?

Either way: Nice!

Thanks! They're all older marines, though I have a squad of Intercessors coming this week that I'm going to do up as Deathwatch Primaris mans eventually. They'll be the only ones, though.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

What's the best way to ally spore mines with a Genestealer Cult? I was thinking Outrider detachment but that needs an HQ.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

moths posted:

What's the best way to ally spore mines with a Genestealer Cult? I was thinking Outrider detachment but that needs an HQ.

Spore cysts are fortifcations and generate spore mines.

Otherwise just use a genestealer HQ in the outrider detachment I guess.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Oh wow, yeah that could be crazy, thanks.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
The new forgeworld revealed for Admech today lets you deep strike any unit for 1cp. That seems kinda potentially busted? Also turns any ap -1 stuff into ap 0 against you, which seems really good, and then gives you a +1 bonus to shoot for having Kataphron and Kestalan robots near each other.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
For anyone who wanted to see/hear more about NOVA, I put together a Camhammer video about my experience at the NOVA Open:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MezBzMipaAg

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Liquid Communism posted:

If they give me new Ork sculpts on the quality level of bigmars, I will probably just mail my wallet to the UK.

they're called ironjawz :v:

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice

!Klams posted:

The new forgeworld revealed for Admech today lets you deep strike any unit for 1cp. That seems kinda potentially busted? Also turns any ap -1 stuff into ap 0 against you, which seems really good, and then gives you a +1 bonus to shoot for having Kataphron and Kestalan robots near each other.

If Questor Mechanicus knights get forge world keywords that's gonna get out of hand REALLY quickly. Probably the best forge world outside of Mars revealed so far regardless.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

!Klams posted:

Eh. Raven Guard does it better imo, since instead of a Deep Strike it's a full-on advance deploy. That means you can do that, then move into a better charging range and attack. It also means they don't count as having moved in the movement phase, so they don't take penalties on firing heavy weapons. It doesn't help that Admech really likes their first turn alpha striking, so a deep strike is staving off their best feature.

That said, for Admech, being able to put a chunk your army behind an overextended foe and targeting their weakened flank with another alpha strike can be really handy, and Deep Striking a Knight sounds amazingly stupid.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
For an army with no transports, it's really, really good. I agree that this is the strongest forgeworld we've seen rules for.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

The Bee posted:

Eh. Raven Guard does it better imo, since instead of a Deep Strike it's a full-on advance deploy. That means you can do that, then move into a better charging range and attack. It also means they don't count as having moved in the movement phase, so they don't take penalties on firing heavy weapons. It doesn't help that Admech really likes their first turn alpha striking, so a deep strike is staving off their best feature.

That said, for Admech, being able to put a chunk your army behind an overextended foe and targeting their weakened flank with another alpha strike can be really handy, and Deep Striking a Knight sounds amazingly stupid.

Except if you don't go first then your unit is sitting out within 9" of the enemy. For a fragile, shooty army like Admech the safety of Deep Striking is drat good.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

The Bee posted:

The stratagem specifies that the unit has to be a Lucius unit. Right now, knights can't belong to a forge world sub-faction, but I know they're being included in the AdMech codex so that may change. If so, :downs:

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Floppychop posted:

Except if you don't go first then your unit is sitting out within 9" of the enemy. For a fragile, shooty army like Admech the safety of Deep Striking is drat good.

No, they aren't, because you know who is going first before you have to deploy them. If it's not you, don't hang them out in the wind.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
Just the thought of deep striking an Onager seems really really good, and that's not a clever or synergistic plan at all, its just, you can't shoot my onager on turn one. Which is super nice.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

SRM posted:

For anyone who wanted to see/hear more about NOVA, I put together a Camhammer video about my experience at the NOVA Open:

The Tau game stunk, and you got stuck in a 5 hour game... Yet this is the casual fun play, not the beardy tournament play?

I'm glad you had a good time and enjoyed yourself.

Nice video.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
^ Ooh, good point. Raven Guard can only do that to their infantry, while you could totally warp a Dunecrawler on the other team and go nuts as Admech.

JoshTheStampede posted:

No, they aren't, because you know who is going first before you have to deploy them. If it's not you, don't hang them out in the wind.

Yeah, exactly. If you're not going first, park their bird-butts behind cover and take advantage of that sweet, sweet -1 to all shooting coming their way. If you are going first, drop an Aggressor unit right in their faces and fill them with lead while your Reivers and Assaults savage their flanks.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

/tg/ posted:

>they want to bring more women into the hobby, but don't want to alienate the existing playerbase while doing so, it is something they're aware of (but no details as yet) 

"hnngghh how do we bring in the femalessss without upssssetting the grogsss!"

"shhhklaa kla kla what iffff we releasssse plasssstic Ssisssterss?"

*uproarious lizard laughter follows*

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Autism Sneaks posted:

"hnngghh how do we bring in the femalessss without upssssetting the grogsss!"

"shhhklaa kla kla what iffff we releasssse plasssstic Ssisssterss?"

*uproarious lizard laughter follows*

Most of the women I know who play 40k are completely uninterested in Sisters. They all either play Eldar or Tyranids.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

JoshTheStampede posted:

Most of the women I know who play 40k are completely uninterested in Sisters. They all either play Eldar or Tyranids.

:thejoke:

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
The Sisters have always been pure male fetish fuel and I think it's hilarious how much they get recommended to guys asking how to get their GF into 40K. My GF likes Blood Angels and Chaos and didn't need to get "tutored" into a choice.

Of course Sisters still rock and should get updated kits but not as some sort of push to attract women to the hobby. Just change your culture to do that - Wizards of the Coast is a perfect example to emulate there. There's tons of women playing D&D now and that's fuckin rad.

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan

Deified Data posted:

The Sisters have always been pure male fetish fuel and I think it's hilarious how much they get recommended to guys asking how to get their GF into 40K. My GF likes Blood Angels and Chaos and didn't need to get "tutored" into a choice.

Of course Sisters still rock and should get updated kits but not as some sort of push to attract women to the hobby. Just change your culture to do that - Wizards of the Coast is a perfect example to emulate there. There's tons of women playing D&D now and that's fuckin rad.

Plastic, multi-part guard kits with female heads (the way Mantic does it) would probably be an even easier solution and go a long way towards adding accessibility and flavor to all the different armies of the imperium with the way they can mix and match... but that's even less likely.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
Since Eldar are the most accessible army to women outside the hobby, due to a combination of ease of translation (being space elves) and female minis that aren't dressed like dominatrices, wouldn't it follow that a faction of... let's say "space dwarves" would also sell well across gender lines? :thunk:

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
drat. Now I want to run them as Lucius. Spend 2 CP to deep strike in a unit of Destroyers and Kastelans, then spend another 2 to use Elimination volley.

This might be my go to if I want to free up the points from Cawl to take a Mechanicus Knight. Not bad!

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

berzerkmonkey posted:

Info from a guy on /tg/ who went to the latest GW shareholder meeting:

>there are no more HH plastics planned at the moment. Never say never, but production time is at least a year, so don't expect anything anytime soon.

With the usual grains of salt applied, I guess this means no plastic outrider bikes.

That being said, I still wonder with Mk X armor having Mk IV helmets, I wonder if the eventual primaris bikers will have the better looking bikes or not.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

SRM posted:

Should've paired up against me on day three.

e: You filmed my cattle :haw:

OhDearGodNo fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Sep 14, 2017

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
I'm 99% sure on this, but do the Assault Terminators and the regular Terminators have the same basic body sprues unlike assault marines and tac marines? Thinking about grabbing a set and magnetizing arms so as to swap between punchmans and shootmans loadouts.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

PantsOptional posted:

I'm 99% sure on this, but do the Assault Terminators and the regular Terminators have the same basic body sprues unlike assault marines and tac marines? Thinking about grabbing a set and magnetizing arms so as to swap between punchmans and shootmans loadouts.

It's been a while since I built any but I'm sure they do, the only differences are the arms.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Percelus posted:

ngl if they update the emperor's children range at bigmar scale and release fulgrim i would give gw a lot of money

I really like the 30k Fulgrim model, but without Ferrus Manus there it definitely is just a weird dude jumping and screaming. I get why it is considered one of the worst Primarchs.

I think we will get Sexy Snake Fulgrim :sparkles: for 40k eventually, if definitely after Angron. As the guy who almost put Robute Guilliman in the ground where he belongs he pretty much needs to show up and finish the job.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
30k Guilliman frowns on your shenanigans

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

JoshTheStampede posted:

They all either play Eldar or Tyranids.

Anecdotally, orks are also popular with the women I know who are aware of 40k, mainly via the Dawn of War games. Drunken British football hooligans seems to have cross-gender appeal.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Is there a Craftworld codex coming out soon? I seem to remember seeing that something about it.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

Hixson posted:

Is there a Craftworld codex coming out soon? I seem to remember seeing that something about it.

Before the end of November.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

Percelus posted:

Angron and World Eaters first at some point next year.