Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Lightbulb Out posted:

Life finds a way. Not too much different over here in Iowa.

Yeah, our main difference is that we grow more pigs to go with the miles upon miles of soul-devouring corn and bean fields.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

It adds a certain ambiance of horrifying smells to go with nothing to look at but corn, beans, and the grain tower in the next town 15 miles away.

The place is extremely cheap to live in though. I'm considering buying my neighbor's house because i want their free standing garage. It will cost me 15 grand...and that includes a pretty decent 2 bedroom house. It's small, but I might just fill in the basement and turn it into another garage if I don't feel like renting it out.

If you really want to own a house and don't mind the smell of poo poo a few months out of the year, middle America can hook you up cheap!

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Don't fill in the basement that's where the pool goes

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

tater_salad posted:

Don't fill in the basement that's where the pool goes

Tear down the house and fill the basement with water!

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

tater_salad posted:

Don't fill in the basement that's where the poolradon goes

ftfy

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Beach Bum posted:

And poo poo grows there?! :aaa:

Well where Dave is — that's all ranchland. The soil is sandy AF

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Packages started showing up. DJDaddo stopped by and said not to burn the place down, again. Larry hooked it up with an Alien II bike tool and some odds and ends, seriously if you guys ride and you dont have or know of the Alien loving get one.. Also licorice!

Then there was a package with towels and a 0* sleeping bag (aHAH HAH HAH HAH HAH) that Im sure will come in handy. Some day, maybe. And then a snack pack and galaxy S5 courtesy a rad as gently caress goon who put it on unlimited everything for me so expect to see more live video in the FB group when things actually start to move.

Now if youll excuse me, theres holes in my body I have yet to insert cigarettes into. I posted this a dozen times last year but Ive been bumping it to get back into the mood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YtGaba6rR4

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Speaking of the FB group, what the hell is it called? I want to give a bunch of internet strangers access to my real life.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

MrYenko posted:

Speaking of the FB group, what the hell is it called? I want to give a bunch of internet strangers access to my real life.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/180737692131890/

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

DICK DICER posted:

DJDaddo stopped by and said not to burn the place down, again.

Now if youll excuse me, theres holes in my body I have yet to insert cigarettes into.

Again.....

Don't put them in your peepee hole.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Also true.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Radon sounds pretty rad

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

DICK DICER posted:

Radon sounds pretty rad

Love your videos, by the way. I'm using Google maps to figure out just where you are.

You sound like you're having the time of your life. :unsmith:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Deteriorata posted:

Love your videos, by the way. I'm using Google maps to figure out just where you are.

You sound like you're having the time of your life. :unsmith:

My life motto is fart like nobody can hear you.

Rear bike light sorted

Found the tree the lightning hit the other night :stare:

WHO RUN PRAIRIE DOG TOWN

I'm the red shafted northern flicker

You can see the curvature of the earth in this one.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

obvious fakes since the earth is flat and all.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Or it's the lens curvature, but I'm not really sure which at that elevation.

Restored prairie is really cool. Do not challenge the bison.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Oh hey I'm flying over North Platte. Too bad I can't airdrop something for 2.54cm.

But what's that thing in the planes path...

:lol: fitting

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
God. drat. Idiots.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They took it back to Colorado?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Rhyno posted:

That's why it's not showing up until Monday. They don't send a truck from North Platte to Valentine for one package.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Dear lord, I don't ask for much.

But lets start with my own personal MegaDoomer 9000

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
For people that need to drive things to places and who do it all day every day, couriers sure are bad at driving things to places.

I once sent a package from Melbourne, Australia, to Lubumbashi, DRC. It went Melbourne - Singapore - Hamburg - London - Liepzig - Cairo - Johannesburg - Lubumbashi. loving box of sample cards had a nicer European vacation than I've ever had. And I had sent a similar package the week before that went Melbourne - Singapore - Jo'burg. Same company once sent $40k worth of blank samples for instrument calibration to Lima, Ohio, when it was supposed to go to Lima, Peru. Then they just destroyed them when they didn't know what to do with them. We stopped using them after that. I'd say "guess the company" but that level of rank incompetence could honestly be any of the big ones.

Deteriorata posted:

That's why it's not showing up until Monday. They don't send a truck from North Platte to Valentine for one package.

Well that's a bit different. I stand behind my earlier courier-bashing though, they generally deserve it.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Rhyno posted:

Denver has a proper hub, Lincoln is closer (390 mi vs 300) but they don't have much of a facility there.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Packages have to go through sort, for good reason. If you want point-to-point delivery without going to sort, you need a courier.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Yep, it's going to the distribution hub. No real problem there.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Yep, it's going to the distribution hub. No real problem there.

:argh:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
In other news i set up the camp toilet so I can drop deuces while watching the sun set over the cactus truck field

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

That's how real delivery companies do it. Thats why you are likely to get it, rather than Greyhound's nonsense.

The distribution centre might still catch fire tho when Dick's package arrives, stay tuned.

:toxx: me if the distribution centre does catches fire.

CAT INTERCEPTOR fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Sep 15, 2017

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

How long till the swarm of flies locate the camp terlit and you're dropping deuces within a sky-blackening death swarm of ravenous insects?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

How long till the swarm of flies locate the camp terlit and you're dropping deuces within a sky-blackening death swarm of ravenous insects?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Leperflesh posted:

Dude its the only thing they steer clear of

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

"Do YOU come with the terlet?"

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

DICK DICER posted:

Dude its the only thing they steer clear of

The American Dream, photo by 14 Inch Dick.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Deteriorata posted:

I'm using Google maps to figure out just where you are.

I found him the other day. :madmax:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

If it wasn't for the horrific bug stories I'd say it looks peaceful and relaxing there. Nice place to camp minus the flesh eating flies.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

DICK DICER posted:

In other news i set up the camp toilet so I can drop deuces while watching the sun set over the cactus truck field

This right here is what dreams are made of

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
*me wearing led headlamp* I AM THE MOTH LORD, COME TO ME MY SERVANTS

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

That's how real delivery companies do it. Thats why you are likely to get it, rather than Greyhound's nonsense.

The distribution centre might still catch fire tho when Dick's package arrives, stay tuned.

:toxx: me if the distribution centre does catches fire.

If it burns down, he gets 1700, so less bad.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

DICK DICER posted:

*me wearing led headlamp* I AM THE MOTH LORD, COME TO ME MY SERVANTS

Speaking of bugs, I think you arrived in the midwest a bit too late last season for these motherfuckers . The flies are awful, obviously, but the insidious flower bug feels like tiny acid burns when they bite. The urban legend I learned when I was playing football and they ate us alive was they were "peeing acid on you." It's just a bite, but it is sure out sized. They are generally active this time of year from like 4 p.m. until dusk at least where I am. I hope for your sake they're not too bad in Valentine like they are where I am in Iowa. They're absolutely enraging, but they're only around for a couple weeks where they bite people. I forget they exist every year until I get bit. I'm very, very, very happy you have that tent, 14". I hope you never have to deal with those little assholes.

e: A little more literature that talks more about their habits and bite https://hortnews.extension.iastate.edu/insidious-flower-and-minute-pirate-bugs They are the bane of my existence this time of year.

Eat This Glob fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Sep 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garage2Roadtrip
Oct 27, 2016
Those sound horrible.

• Locked thread