Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

It also helps to use double pulse nades + slam (with aftershocks) + merciless

We had the two guys up top kill the dogs that were the farthest away from the safe room

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Only 5 people on my friends list with the raid emblem mm mm mmm

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

this seems like the way to go, or at least have everyone be designated a dog to kick the poo poo out of.

Yeah, everyone had a designated dog. JO crystal bros had the far dogs since they start in the best position to move quickly. Double striker grenade and super gave me enough time to kill the far right dog and then get back into the safe room before all the other dogs died. Shockingly simple with 36 stacks!

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Just reached 240. Does anyone want to do Nightfall with my babby hunter? psn: duelclutch

Numinous
May 20, 2001

College Slice

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Is the meta to get 36 or 48 stacks before burning?

60. Go big the first round.

EDIT: We played pretty conservatively and worked by lowering the hp on right side the first round, lowering hp on left side the second, and then clearing them on third saving the fourth for fuckups. You don't need 60 for that strategy

Numinous fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Sep 15, 2017

Loving Leader
Sep 17, 2004

HOT PIE COMIN THROUGH
poooM, Abso, Furbo, Grover.....Brent. Not a finer group of people I would want to raid with.

Straight Fire Food Blog

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I'm at like 235-240 light what's the most efficient way to go up from here?

Strikes and Banshee rep

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Half of us had XIMs in that group.

All of us finished the raid.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

actionjackson posted:

It also helps to use double pulse nades + slam (with aftershocks) + merciless

We had the two guys up top kill the dogs that were the farthest away from the safe room

Striker is the best class for the raid imho

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Yo I just finished the raid with a xim too

absolomb
Nov 26, 2004
Putting the "emo" back in "chemotherapy".

el B posted:

Only 5 people on my friends list with the raid emblem mm mm mmm

Mm mm mmmmmmmmmmmm

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Tekne posted:

Just reached 240. Does anyone want to do Nightfall with my babby hunter? psn: duelclutch

Find the PS4 discord, ask in there.

Link probably in the op.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Numinous posted:

60. Go big the first round.

EDIT: We played pretty conservatively and worked by lowering the hp on right side the first round, lowering hp on left side the second, and then clearing them on third saving the fourth for fuckups. You don't need 60 for that strategy

You can get to 60 before the doggos freak out?

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Going into this thing I told myself I wouldn't get hung up on what's different or absent but I really, REALLY miss Ophidian Aspect :( there's not any exotic or mod or anything that'll put some caffeine in my weapon switching, is there?

Numinous
May 20, 2001

College Slice

Kalenn Istarion posted:

You can get to 60 before the doggos freak out?

We managed it a couple times but you have to have your paths down solid. For some reason we get a lot of the same flowers spawning immediately. Left Front , Right mid happens a lot for example. So we can get to 24 pretty quickly. There is no reason to engage the dogs on the first round before the restless. Use your time to get into position and build up buffs.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av
No wonder goth's team had trouble trying to do it with 36 stacks

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Kalenn Istarion posted:

No wonder goth's team had trouble trying to do it with 36 stacks

We did it with 36 stacks

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
I found pants that increase my super when I tether enemies with Shadowshot.

Ask me about spamming Shadowshot during public events :frogon:

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
I can't play this mind-numbing pvp without having to get drunk.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

elpaganoescapa posted:

One of us. One of us.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

This raid kicks rear end and is super fun with a good group.

Does anyone know if you queue in with a different group / starter person if you can get double drops from clears on baths, gardens, or gauntlet?

Amd you have to clear to get the raid token npc, right?

AAB fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Sep 15, 2017

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

HAT FETISH posted:

Going into this thing I told myself I wouldn't get hung up on what's different or absent but I really, REALLY miss Ophidian Aspect :( there's not any exotic or mod or anything that'll put some caffeine in my weapon switching, is there?

Coldforge posted:

Better Devils + Sunshot + Lucky Pants. Always be switching. Joy.

If you don't mind handcannons and you're a hunter, dual up and enjoy fast switching (+bonus accuracy).

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

AAB posted:

This raid kicks rear end and is super fun with a good group.

Does anyone know if you queue in with a different group / starter person if you can get double drops from clears on baths, gardens, or gauntlet?

Amd you have to clear to get the raid token npc, right?

Rewards for all encounters are once per week per character.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I swear to god Shaxx just said "and I'll be here with my balls"

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

He just asked me if I'm keeping "it" tight

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/702j84/easy_pleasure_garden_strat/?st=J7KOJYTK&sh=76cfe40a

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

elpaganoescapa posted:

I don't understand people who play MMOs without alcohol or weed or high grade painkillers

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I just assume you have mental problems or are inebriated if you're playing mmos.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
why not both

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I really very badly need to make myself stop reloading every time I kill something even when I still have a 90% full clip and I'm surrounded

I don't think I have OCD but it seems like a really compulsive thing I can't stop doing :(

If anyone wants to run through the Nessus Adventures and/or finish off the Story from that point, that's what I'll be doing starting in probably an hour or so. I'm in Big Dum Salt Miners, psn's "zerodrone"

e: oh and i just found the artifact for the other Warlock subclass, I dunno if I'm super lucky or those items drop very often from regional chests

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

precision posted:

I really very badly need to make myself stop reloading every time I kill something even when I still have a 90% full clip and I'm surrounded

I don't think I have OCD but it seems like a really compulsive thing I can't stop doing :(

If anyone wants to run through the Nessus Adventures and/or finish off the Story from that point, that's what I'll be doing starting in probably an hour or so. I'm in Big Dum Salt Miners, psn's "zerodrone"

e: oh and i just found the artifact for the other Warlock subclass, I dunno if I'm super lucky or those items drop very often from regional chests

I am also a compulsive reloader. I can't help it. Even with the chest that reloads for you.

And reloading when you are surrounded makes perfect sense. You need all those bullets to kill the dudes surrounding you, and you need them in your gun, loaded.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I got the Fighting Lion grenade launcher.

I think it sucks? But that is just in the open world. I'll see how it performs in the raid.

Me and some good bros just smashed the poo poo out of things up to Calus and then decided we'll do that another time. Got some chests and hosed off.

Great stuff though - the game show boss is cool as heck!

Also the raid shits engrams at you - walked out with like 11 purps, 1 exotic from chest and a bright.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
The best thing about starting an alt is that you can skip all the cutscenes ughhhhhhhhhh

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Yeah I'll save and bait people to make them think Inam reloading but pop out when they rush with a few extra bullets and their pants down. Works all the time 50% of the time.

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
I mean, I can understand that some shooters are about strategy and stuff, but Destiny was about running alone and bombing 4 of the enemy team by yourself. Now I'm just shooting with my team at a room filled with the other team.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

precision posted:

Get the hand cannon with the "drop clip" perk. Throws away the magazine to speed up reload.

Will train you real fast to stop reloading!

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

From reddit:

https://gfycat.com/GoldenSnappyAlleycat

:stare:

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Have the Raid secrets been figured out yet? Some are saying there may be ways in the underbelly to skip large parts of the Raid. Very weird design if you ask me.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Blind Rasputin posted:

Have the Raid secrets been figured out yet? Some are saying there may be ways in the underbelly to skip large parts of the Raid. Very weird design if you ask me.

Not all of it, just the center part that you have to repeat after each room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Blind Rasputin posted:

There are, and it's fun and doesn't punish. We found one by accident, and while we didn't understand what was happening and missed a secret as a result it was cool and good.