Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.
Is this where I can request an unfreezing of my Tokimeki Memorial thread? They just announced a new game, and I'm so angry that I'm inspired to return from my mobile game-induced hiatus...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I asked something similar a few months back and was told that if the thread has been archives locked the mods can't unlock it.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I asked something similar a few months back and was told that if the thread has been archives locked the mods can't unlock it.

Got it. Did you end up making a completely new thread and indexing back to the archives?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I've heard about Jay' s Journey and I'd like to see someone play it.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

vibratingsheep posted:

Got it. Did you end up making a completely new thread and indexing back to the archives?

No. I just did nothing. :smith:

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

vibratingsheep posted:

If your thread is archived and you want to continue it, the only way is to make a new thread. Just put links to the archived updates in the OP. Although I suppose that's a bit problematic for the people who don't have Archives.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Carbon dioxide posted:

If your thread is archived and you want to continue it, the only way is to make a new thread. Just put links to the archived updates in the OP. Although I suppose that's a bit problematic for the people who don't have Archives.

I've seen some people post the updates that are in the archived thread into the SSLP Test Poster, and link to those in the OP.

Captainsalami
Apr 16, 2010

I told you you'd pay!
I would kill to see someone Lp the Gex series. Enough so to buy someone plat and all that. All of the youtube lps of it are terrible.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I heard that a game called Zoombinis or something is great and I'd like to see that.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Jade Empire is finished, so it can be taken off the list.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Doc Morbid posted:

Jade Empire is finished, so it can be taken off the list.

Cheers!

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

A little old, I know, but I would love to see a thorough VLP of Cart Life. I found a few on YouTube, but I'm spoiled by SA's standards. Thanks!

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Can anyone please do a playthrough of The Coma: Recut? I am a huge wiener that can't play scary games.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Captainsalami posted:

I would kill to see someone Lp the Gex series. Enough so to buy someone plat and all that. All of the youtube lps of it are terrible.

Someone started to, he abandoned it four years ago near the end of Gex 2, but he did at least complete the first game, so that may be worth checking out for now, until someone else picks up the gauntlet. It's on the master list - Here was the old thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3472993

TozmaT
Apr 28, 2008
Obviously this would be a huge undertaking but it would be fantastic if someone could do a Translation LP of Planet Laika for the PS1, because the visuals from this game look completely nuts and I am dying for context. Don't care what format the LP is as long as it shows off the game's weirdness effectively.

MonstrousMouse
Apr 15, 2014
Now that it's out, how about Blue Reflection?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

A few things to go through. 1) The LP for Trails in the Sky the 3rd is finished. 2) I would like to re-request Puppeteer. 3) I'd like to make a new request for that Danganronpa Despair Girls game.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Since I don't think I'll ever be able to handle the stress of doing it myself as I planned.... almost a year ago, I'm gonna request someone do an SSLP of Growlanser 4. I thought there was a like a handy word note where you post images and somehow turn that into a post on the internet or something, but nope everyone does this manually with very limited quality of life tools. Just making the intro took me like 2 days and it was highly stressful. Holy poo poo you guys are troopers, or alternatively its not so bad when youre used to writing stuff on computers.

When this game and Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky FC were new, I ever so slightly considered this the better game. That was before I knew about the NPC dialogue and truly appreciated Falcom's Overwhelming Seal of Quality, but damnit it says alot that it ever managed to make me say it was better than Legend of Heroes.

OutofSight
May 4, 2017
Requesting a vlp of Ruiner, if possible.
Has a nice aesthetic, but iam the worst at twitchy dual stick shooters.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
For whoever requested it: an LP of The Letter has just started up.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I'm putting in a request for the obscure DS game Contact. It's a clever game that really takes advantage of the DS's capabilities, and the story and presentation are interesting enough to grab people's interests and keep them following. I think it'd work with both screenshots and video, though both would have their challenges.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
I'd like to request an LP of Eradicator, this old 2.5D MS-DOS FPS that I liked when I was a teen. It's pretty fun, and I wish it got more attention. Dunno if screenshot, video or both would be better, though.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
I'd love to see Cuphead done. The bosses all look amazing but I just know that dying all the time would put me off the game, and watching streamers fail dozens of times is also not fun. Doesn't have to be perfect S-rank runs, I'd prefer a Normal mode not-perfect run.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I'd like to request Costume Quest. Seems appropriate for the season.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Yvonmukluk posted:

I'll second this, I've always wanted to see what the mild hype was about, but never got around to it.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
It just came out, but a 100% LP of Battle Chasers: Nightwar would be pretty awesome. SSLP/vLP hybrid would work, with maybe just videos of bosses and the cutscenes.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

South Park: The Stick of Truth had surprisingly good gameplay, and we've seen a nice LP of that game.

So I'd like to find out if they kept it up. Requesting an LP of South Park: The Fractured But Whole.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Carbon dioxide posted:

South Park: The Stick of Truth had surprisingly good gameplay, and we've seen a nice LP of that game.

So I'd like to find out if they kept it up. Requesting an LP of South Park: The Fractured But Whole.

I can confirm that not only did they keep it up, but they improved the core gameplay by a million percent.

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Parsing sage, rotating time

I'd like to request an LP of Grim Dawn, preferably some sort of completionist run. I've played the gently caress out of it in the past, but now that the DLC has landed, I find that I pretty much don't remember how play anymore, and even after slogging to the bitter end on normal, I'm sure I've missed something like 75% of all the content - and that's not including the later difficulties.

tl;dr - I suck at Grim Dawn, show me how to git gud.

Graylien
Aug 12, 2013

Yvonmukluk posted:

MythosDragon posted:

I'll second this, I've always wanted to see what the mild hype was about, but never got around to it.

I've started a thread It's my first LP, so I can't promise it'll be good, but I will at least show off the game.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

A new month means a new request, and this time I'll request Quantum Break. I'll also make a re-request for Crimson Dragon.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
I'd love Xenoblade Chronicles X.

I'm never going to get a Wii U and i'd love to see it played.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Garfield Go

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Mega64 posted:

Garfield Go

Garfield, no!

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

nine-gear crow posted:

Garfield, no!

[img]https://lpix.org/2973610/Sequence 07.avi_snapshot_00.01_[2017.05.29_06.26.39].png[/img]

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I'm not sure how it would work, exactly, but I'd like to see an in-depth LP of the Resident Evil Outbreak games.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Leavemywife posted:

I'm not sure how it would work, exactly, but I'd like to see an in-depth LP of the Resident Evil Outbreak games.

Same, and I'd even volunteer to take part. It's entirely doable via PCSX2 and the emulated server. Such a fantastic game, too far ahead of its time. I'd more specifically like to see File #2 since that has the zombie elephant fight.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I've cleared a fuckton of LPs that have either recently wrapped up or fallen into Archive Lock status off the list. That includes stuff like Chroma Squad, Megaman X Command Mission, the Final Fantasy VIII SSLP and the Persona 5 VLP. I also fixed the link to Doc Morbid's Persona 2 LP.

Also Bad Rats Show is gone because 1) it hasn't updated in months and would have been in Archive status if it was in it's own thread, and 2) it's loving Bad Rats Show. Come on, people.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
You can also remove my VLP of Rune Factory 4, it's finished. And I might have missed a joke somewhere, but is Half-Life 3 meant to be on the list?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

ThornBrain posted:

You can also remove my VLP of Rune Factory 4, it's finished. And I might have missed a joke somewhere, but is Half-Life 3 meant to be on the list?

We're waiting for someone to LP their way through Half Life 3's released form