Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Who What Now posted:

Why would the sexual assault victim be perma'd too?

because fragmaster made great decisions as an admin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Because it was easier and for most of its history SA, like almost all of the internet then, was 0% woke

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
Oh god I remember that, it was hosed
Didn't he spend most of the rest of the thread telling people to shut up for calling him out on banning the victim

Five Apples
Mar 11, 2008

THIS IS WHAT I AM

Instant Sunrise posted:

Weren't there goons who tried to ride out Katrina and were posting from NOLA throughout the hurricane?

I hadn't registered yet, but I was 17 and stayed home with my dad through Katrina. We lived 30 miles north of New Orleans, weren't in danger of flooding and had already cleared the large pine trees away from the house. Which was good because one of the neighbors had a pile of 30 something trees where the house once was. I've got a bunch of stories, if anyone's interested.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
she was banned for "importing drama" because her account was bought specifically to throw down on dirtbag

I think that's right, it's been like a decade

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Iirc she was a goon way beforehand and she was really active in W&W. I don't know if she reregged after that ban and that's what you're remembering

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Who What Now posted:

Rape is contagious.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Paladinus posted:

Rape is contagious.
It's often harder on the forums than the poster

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Who What Now posted:

Fragmaster badmin as the saying went at the time

She got unperma'ed iirc

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

most people who carry, carry an extra mag or two though

also that guy was friends or roommates with the woman gi joe dirtbag sexually assaulted and got helldumped over which led to both dirtbag and the girl getting permas iirc

I think nobody wants to get Involved In A Shooting Situation and have to shrug and say 'Sorry, I didn't bring any extra bullets'.

Plus, in case your friend forgot to bring bullets, you can lend him some.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Inescapable Duck posted:

I think nobody wants to get Involved In A Shooting Situation and have to shrug and say 'Sorry, I didn't bring any extra bullets'.

A true elite operator catches the bullets coming his way and uses those to return fire.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Inescapable Duck posted:

Dude is a janitor

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Improbable Lobster posted:

Dude is a janitor

Dude's gonna clean the streets while he.....cleans the streets.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Inescapable Duck posted:

If you can't kill something with 15 bullets you ain't gonna do it in 30.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Dude is a janitor

He should have bought a street sweeper

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
What if terrorists are littering

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

What if terrorists are littering

Then they're breaking the law. :mad:

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
What if a bunch of toilets are super clogged and the only way to clear them is to shoot the blockages and you need at least 3 bullets each for 10 toilets. Now imagine you were such an unbelievable stupid rear end in a top hat as to only bring 15 bullets for when you are in the poo poo, literally.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
That's what 'Out of Order' signs are for.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Speaking of goons making sexual assault worse, anyone remember which BYOB post ignored a rape in progress because he wasn't going to die for "some random"? He posted about it and got run out for his cowardice.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

He should have bought a street sweeper

Your avatar always looks like a view up someone's nose to me.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

I'm glad the lady was unbanned and hope she's ok, although tbh I don't think I'd want to come back to this site if that was how someone in a position of authority here responded to me in a situation like that, even if they reversed the decision later. Gross.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Rough Lobster posted:

Speaking of goons making sexual assault worse, anyone remember which BYOB post ignored a rape in progress because he wasn't going to die for "some random"? He posted about it and got run out for his cowardice.

I remember that thread, but don't remember it as being in BYOB. If I recall correctly the poster got called out on it almost immediately and stubbornly defended their lack of response for at least a page or two.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831999

An insane SA-Mart scammer gets called out about scamming and completely melts down. It's a good read.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

bradzilla posted:

An insane SA-Mart scammer gets called out about scamming and completely melts down. It's a good read.

That's good stuff.

I love how his "proof" is a screenshot of PMs that he managed to crop out the username/AV, so just trust me guys this was totally the conversation I had with the buyer.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
His posts are barely legible for the loving length of them. Every time someone so much as slightly nudges him he just erupts a loving cloud of incoherent text everywhere. "Insane" seems about right, at least.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

bradzilla posted:

you always catch the best threads

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

everyone always forgets to post the loadout

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

dunno whether it's a good or bad thing that it doesn't include condoms

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

dunno whether it's a good or bad thing that it doesn't include condoms

Either way, it isn't surprising.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

SO DEMANDING posted:

He carries a gun, but his most powerful weapon is his tedious personality.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

SO DEMANDING posted:

Hey I have that same PDA in a box somewhere. It had a wifi adapter that went in the CF slot.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Did anyone ever ask him what he honestly thought was going to happen

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

SO DEMANDING posted:

This dude thought half life was real

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

All that poo poo and no proper knife, just that stupid hideaway thing? I'd trade the gun, the magazine, the camera, and 2 out of the 3 flashlights for a decent folding knife with a 2" blade, it would get a shitload more use in my day-to-day, especially as a janitor breaking open new boxes of toilet paper.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

for similar hilarity, see https://www.reddit.com/r/EDC/

but now we're crossing over with the awkward-ugly-gross thread

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Pham Nuwen posted:

All that poo poo and no proper knife, just that stupid hideaway thing? I'd trade the gun, the magazine, the camera, and 2 out of the 3 flashlights for a decent folding knife with a 2" blade, it would get a shitload more use in my day-to-day, especially as a janitor breaking open new boxes of toilet paper.

lol, the space janitor can strangle you five different ways with his usb cable before you could even get your unwieldy knife ready

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I sheath the attackers knife with my own body turning the power of the stab against them, I learned this in oshkido class with Sensei Paul-San and a rubber

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

steinrokkan posted:

lol, the space janitor can strangle you five different ways with his usb cable before you could even get your unwieldy knife ready

he was a regular janitor, he just liked that nasa shirt

also, check that photoshop at the bottom he made to look like he stood by himself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

steinrokkan posted:

The Space Quest reboot got weird.

Alternatively: Space Station 13.txt