Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

dis astranagant posted:

Make all three unless you have a weapon you really like and probably won't change

Thanks I've now made two of them. What's the best upgrades from Holy Arrows and Party Bullets?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
IIRC Chlorophyte bullets are super OP because of their aggressive tracking. I'm all about minimum effort for maximum gains though.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Crimson Harvest posted:

IIRC Chlorophyte bullets are super OP because of their aggressive tracking. I'm all about minimum effort for maximum gains though.

Yeah, either chlorophyte or crystal bullets for the most part. Most guns either shoot too many at a time or shoot too fast for piercing bullets. Exploding bullets are pretty nice crowd control if you want to give them a shot.

Holy arrows are pretty much the be all and end all of arrows, tho.

Valcione
Sep 12, 2007
For All Brave Silpheed Pilots

Also, get an Onyx Blaster, because it's fuckin' rad.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Lorini posted:

Yep worked like a charm and I have my autohammer. Now for the big decision. I have a Megashark, a Clockwork Assault Rifle, a Daedalus Stormbow, a grenade launcher and a Chlorophyte Shotbow. So which Shoomite mask do I make? I don't mind farming for something else, noting I have not beaten the Golem or Fishron.

Golem is actually trivially easy.

Build a stone ceiling to hide under and it'll stop most of his stuff. You can Daedalus Bow him down if you have a big enough room, or snipe him. Or summon grind him down.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Golem barely seems worth cheesing, he's so easy compared to Plantera.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Straight White Shark posted:

Golem barely seems worth cheesing, he's so easy compared to Plantera.

Using the teleport strategy described on the wiki, Plantera was probably the easiest boss I've faced. I do wonder if it's an exploit but I only play vanilla and I don't know much (as you can tell) about the innards of the game. I made a 150 tile (not more) asphalt pathway, made sure it was tall enough only for me, and teleported from one end to the other as Plantera closed in. Didn't even need to use a health potion.

OK back to farming unicorns :)

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

nvm, saw the traps in the jungle temple, I get it now.

Mayveena fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Sep 12, 2017

Fizbin
Nov 1, 2004
Zoom!

Lorini posted:

Using the teleport strategy described on the wiki, Plantera was probably the easiest boss I've faced. I do wonder if it's an exploit but I only play vanilla and I don't know much (as you can tell) about the innards of the game. I made a 150 tile (not more) asphalt pathway, made sure it was tall enough only for me, and teleported from one end to the other as Plantera closed in. Didn't even need to use a health potion.

OK back to farming unicorns :)

Pretty much all the bosses can be "exploited" especially if you use teleporters, it completely depends on how you define it.

Alloran
Dec 30, 2014

I think this line is mostly filler.
Tbf Golem doesn't need any kind of exploiting. Hell, getting to him is harder than actually beating him.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I have two possibly dumb questions to ask. I've had the game since December '15, but I only just got to hard mode earlier this year, before the summer.

In that time - and I haven't played all that much - I've managed to find palladium and orichalcum ore. But now I want to craft a complete set of adamantite ore, and I can't seem to find any deposits. Where is adamantite normally located in the game? Near the underworld?

Also, I have a Dao of Pow, an unpleasant Flower of Frost (which I don't use much) and a keen Amarok. I'm still finding that I'm getting my rear end kicked by several of the enemies underground; particularly herplings. Surface enemies usually don't give me too much trouble unless they swarm. Are there weapons you would recommend to help me gain a better foothold?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I have two possibly dumb questions to ask. I've had the game since December '15, but I only just got to hard mode earlier this year, before the summer.

In that time - and I haven't played all that much - I've managed to find palladium and orichalcum ore. But now I want to craft a complete set of adamantite ore, and I can't seem to find any deposits. Where is adamantite normally located in the game? Near the underworld?

Also, I have a Dao of Pow, an unpleasant Flower of Frost (which I don't use much) and a keen Amarok. I'm still finding that I'm getting my rear end kicked by several of the enemies underground; particularly herplings. Surface enemies usually don't give me too much trouble unless they swarm. Are there weapons you would recommend to help me gain a better foothold?

All ores are more common the deeper you go, so hang out at the top of hell if you want to find big deposits of adamantite. As for weapons, buy the shotgun from the arms dealer and make the Onyx Blaster with it. Use crystal bullets for bosses and an endless bullet pouch or some party bullets for general use.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Adamantite will be further down yes, it's best to just fall down to hell and start looking for it upwards. You will find it mostly in the bottom half of the map, most frequently in the last third. Break some more demon altars if you have them to spare to spawn more.

Make an Onyx Blaster.
https://terraria.gamepedia.com/Onyx_Blaster
The damage it does is not properly reflected by the displayed stats.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Uh oh. What did he do now?

Nap Ghost

For adamantite your best bet is to dig deeper, yeah. Basically try to search within a screen's height above the underworld. If you're still having trouble, every 3rd altar you destroy should spawn more (and create more corruption/hallow).

For weapons, I usually end up getting a Shadowflame Knife from a goblin invasion and using that for early hard mode.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I'm going insane because I've got a modded run going with a couple friends(Thorium, Spirit, and a few utility mods like Magic Storage/ImkSushi) and it was going great but recently when I put the server up I'm being pounded with aggressive FPS drops that render the game functionally unplayable. It runs at 60 FPS in singleplayer with no drops. Rebooting used to fix it but it doesn't anymore.

I've tried loving with my video settings, changing CPU priorities, reinstalling mods, everything. Only happens when I'm hosting MP.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Sep 15, 2017

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Thanks for the advice. I'll try to craft an Onyx Blaster (assuming I have the NPC and the resources) and then journey down towards the underworld.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I don't know if it's even optimal but I had used the shark gun to take out almost all the bosses until lunatic cultist

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

RealFoxy posted:

I don't know if it's even optimal but I had used the shark gun to take out almost all the bosses until lunatic cultist

Onyx Blaster has about the same dps but doesn't require you to beat a boss first. And it's way better crowd control.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
I got excited to hear about that gun then I saw it's not in the mobile version and even if it was I wouldn't be able to see far enough to shoot it on a small screen :(

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Dumb Lowtax posted:

I got excited to hear about that gun then I saw it's not in the mobile version and even if it was I wouldn't be able to see far enough to shoot it on a small screen :(

Yeah, seems like mobile's permanently 3 years behind now at best. Might be getting brought up to 2 years behind sometime later this year maybe.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

dis astranagant posted:

Yeah, seems like mobile's permanently 3 years behind now at best. Might be getting brought up to 2 years behind sometime later this year maybe.

I still can't get over how much play time I've gotten out of something I spent 10$ on years ago. They keep frickin updating it, and that's not even mentioning mods.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Kalas posted:

I still can't get over how much play time I've gotten out of something I spent 10$ on years ago. They keep frickin updating it, and that's not even mentioning mods.

I bought this game in 2011 and it just keeps going.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
Is the secret update gonna be another huge content drop? It feels almost guilty to expect more at this point.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Kalas posted:

I've spent over 300 hours on the game, absolutely the best value ever!!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So I was wondering if you guys could help me out since google is beyond useless when looking up this issue; I can't join multiplayer anymore. Yesterday it was fine. Today, the game crashes every time it tries to load a server. Absolutely nothing has changed between sessions.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Lorini posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Kibbles n Shits posted:

Is the secret update gonna be another huge content drop? It feels almost guilty to expect more at this point.

There's some hints at some new content for 1.3.6 and then there's a 1.4 with "a kind of creative mode" off in the distance. Terraria still sells very well so they're sticking with it for the foreseeable future.

https://terraria.gamepedia.com/Upcoming_features#1.3.6

:negative:

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Sep 16, 2017

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
I was about to make fun of you all, then I remembered I have way more in some other games.

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

Tanks still suck but you don't gotta hand it to the Axis either.
972 hours played. Paid 2 euros on summersale 2011 or 2012. Pushes the "bang per buck" ratio for 50usd AAA titles a bit If they want to compare.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

dis astranagant posted:

They're trying to fix that, but they're still not sure what to do with some of the mobile exclusive stuff

https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/one-terraria-an-introduction-future-impacts.61935/

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Lorini posted:

I've only got 200 because getting friends together in the same server was tough for me as someone whose computer gaming experiences beforehand were educational CDs (Like that 4th grade Jumpstart stuff), flash games and maybe an occasional actual game like Rollercoaster Tycoon. Otherwise all we had were board games but on a computer for some reason. Who wants to gather around the computer to play LIFE? :confused:

dis astranagant posted:

There's some hints at some new content for 1.3.6 and then there's a 1.4 with "a kind of creative mode" off in the distance. Terraria still sells very well so they're sticking with it for the foreseeable future.

As they well should. Gotta pull in another 70 million if they're going to make a sequel. :v:

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

(Please come to the board game thread for real board games :) )

1700+ hours seems unlikely for me but yeah I could see over 500 easy.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

RareAcumen posted:

As they well should. Gotta pull in another 70 million if they're going to make a sequel. :v:

If Otherworld ever gets made I'm gonna play the gently caress out of that. I'd love to have towers shoot poo poo for me so I can keep arranging my flowerpots and chandeliers during a blood moon.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I don't know if I'm dense, or if water mechanics changed in a patch, but I can't seem to get water generation to work. Are there any current guides or tips for people who don't quite get the concept?

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
I saw a video the other day on generating water by digging a 1 block thin hole under a sky lake through the island. It said this floods the whole map up to island level. But then I tried to do it and it's impossible, because sky lakes don't exist in Terraria mobile :(

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

RareAcumen posted:

Otherwise all we had were board games but on a computer for some reason. Who wants to gather around the computer to play LIFE? :confused:

Maybe if it's Conway's game of life :D

http://pmav.eu/stuff/javascript-game-of-life-v3.1.1/

Which by the way, why is there no biome in Terraria that works by these rules

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Dumb Lowtax posted:

I saw a video the other day on generating water by digging a 1 block thin hole under a sky lake through the island. It said this floods the whole map up to island level. But then I tried to do it and it's impossible, because sky lakes don't exist in Terraria mobile :(

The simplest way is dump water over a 1 tile thick bump. It will split and each half will count as 1 full tile of water. you can automate this with pumps and make big cascading water generators if you want to put a ton of effort into it.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Spirit Mod updated so I'm gonna give that a whirl (and several other mods).

Spirit Mod is one of the better content mods, right?

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

DoubleCakes posted:

Spirit Mod updated so I'm gonna give that a whirl (and several other mods).

Spirit Mod is one of the better content mods, right?

It has a lot of neat stuff but im at a loss on how to activate its bosses.

Thanks to one of the rpg mods (adds a poe style passive tree) the moonlord was super easy. Like facetank easy without moving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

I got a Kraken. Worth changing my Shoormite armor for something melee for? 117 damage does seem impressive. I have some turtle shells.