Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
I hope Bungie hires you Tei, but I also-ran fear it because that would mean to subject you to NDAs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
stupid trials clan engram

Listed at 275
Dropped at 10

edit: I mean at least it seems to be the trials weapon? A Sudden Death?

double edit: actually this thing looks sick and it takes to shaders super well. Nevermind this is sweet.

Turmoil
Jun 27, 2000

Forum Veteran

Young Urchin

Tei posted:

They are both underpowered and hard to use. High risk no reward.

But I want that one that you can prime before exploding, that type of burst damage could be useful somewhere.

With the removing of a consumable to get power ammo, power weapons are kind of ..situational...

I'm mixed about them. I've found some that I liked while others were just so-so.

The current one I have on my character was pretty handy going through the first story mission on Io where the three Wizards are casting a spell at that ball. 3 direct hits took each one out along with a large blast radius that took out everything standing nearby.

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

your circumcision honestly disgusts me
are destiny players the most entitled???

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Origin story is so good, goddamn.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Turmoil posted:

I'm mixed about them. I've found some that I liked while others were just so-so.

The current one I have on my character was pretty handy going through the first story mission on Io where the three Wizards are casting a spell at that ball. 3 direct hits took each one out along with a large blast radius that took out everything standing nearby.

This one is cool, because blinds targets
http://db.destinytracker.com/d2/en/items/1983332560

Turmoil
Jun 27, 2000

Forum Veteran

Young Urchin

Tei posted:

This one is cool, because blinds targets
http://db.destinytracker.com/d2/en/items/1983332560

That one seems nice. This is the one I had been using: http://db.destinytracker.com/d2/en/items/1120843238-plemusa-b

For whatever reason, I'm not liking Sniper Rifles in the game. I used them a lot in Destiny, but just something about them in 2 feels off.
Sort of like how I didn't like hand cannons in the first game, but am absolutely loving them in this one.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I really just can't get the feel for snipers in either, but I could in halo. I'd rather use a good scout, and hc are so much fun.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Turmoil posted:

That one seems nice. This is the one I had been using: http://db.destinytracker.com/d2/en/items/1120843238-plemusa-b

For whatever reason, I'm not liking Sniper Rifles in the game. I used them a lot in Destiny, but just something about them in 2 feels off.
Sort of like how I didn't like hand cannons in the first game, but am absolutely loving them in this one.

Proximity and increased blast radious. Yep.IMO thats the problem with GL in destiny 2, you can shot a dude trough his legs, you need to aim too much.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

PathAsc posted:

Origin story is so good, goddamn.

Yeah it's really good

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

anybody wanna do some trials need 1

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
My lock is still at 270, and I've still yet to do any challenging content, but I did level up a titan to 20 yesterday. Sadly you only get clan rewards on one character, but you do get 3 additional bright engrams, and some other things for getting through the story. So I got that stupid Spicy Ramen emote. I also got to remedy my bad decision and get the solar pistol exotic on him. It did not give me another shot at an origin story from Zevala :(.

I just wanted to say it's stupid easy to get light levels up on a 2nd guy. I xferred over my level 282 mida and 2 265 purple guns, as well as the 270 exotic titan arms I bought off Xur, and then went from like 180 -> 240 immediately when I equipped that stuff. In under an hour of running public events and grabbing chests I was 264. I haven't even unlocked the 3rd subclass yet because it requires a stupid amount of events.

Also, Sparrows don't have any level reqs., so send yourself one immediately if you start a new guy.

It was a good time, I'm probably going to level up a hunter lady later this weekend and maybe see if I can find any goons interested in the nightfall late this evening. This game just feels great and fun to play.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Darth Windu posted:

Yeah it's really good

My favourite gun for pve and crucible. I think it's the range that makes it stand out for an auto rifle.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Also, just got the Rat King sidearm.

Really underwhelming.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Where the gently caress is Tyra Karn for the Sturm quest

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Calaveron posted:

Where the gently caress is Tyra Karn for the Sturm quest

The farm my dude.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Now that I'm 270, it's time to do the exotic quest lines, right?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Emron posted:

Now that I'm 270, it's time to do the exotic quest lines, right?

Yes.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

huh posted:

My favourite gun for pve and crucible. I think it's the range that makes it stand out for an auto rifle.

The rate of fire and recoil make it really, really easy to control, too

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Cool. I watched the worlds first when I was on vacation and couldn't play, so I can't raid with my group until they clear (they want to figure out the encounters themselves) so I'm trying to get my light up any way I can.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Emron posted:

Cool. I watched the worlds first when I was on vacation and couldn't play, so I can't raid with my group until they clear (they want to figure out the encounters themselves) so I'm trying to get my light up any way I can.

Get to 265 then do the "powerful reward" quests. Then over 270 do your exotic quests.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I need to make another dude just to get sunshot then. That's all I want to do. One character is enough for me, I don't care if it's not ~optimal~

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
I attempted the Nightfall today. Between "just skip the rings, you don't need them" and "nah, no voice chat" I'm just going to do a run with pubbies because they'll be better probably. :v:

Also started a new character purely for getting the scout rifle from the Zevala quest because that fucker refuses to give me one outside of it.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Mailer posted:

I attempted the Nightfall today. Between "just skip the rings, you don't need them" and "nah, no voice chat" I'm just going to do a run with pubbies because they'll be better probably. :v:

Lmao what

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

huh posted:

sounds like someone hasn't used the cuboid ARU

blue rifle crew

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

PathAsc posted:

I need to make another dude just to get sunshot then. That's all I want to do. One character is enough for me, I don't care if it's not ~optimal~

You get the exotic weapon relatively early in the campaign, at least compared to when you get to choose a legendary weapon. It took me about 6.5 hours to grind out an Origin Story on a new character doing just the mainline story and skipping cutscenes.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Tei posted:

Proximity and increased blast radious. Yep.IMO thats the problem with GL in destiny 2, you can shot a dude trough his legs, you need to aim too much.

That's why I love the Prospector. It just carpet bombs enemies into oblivion.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Do ilvl upgrades run off your equipped power level or does it account what's in your inventory?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

mango sentinel posted:

Do ilvl upgrades run off your equipped power level or does it account what's in your inventory?

It runs off gear you have anywhere in your account. Equipped, not equipped but on you, vault, other characters, etc

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

mango sentinel posted:

Inventory

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I've decide the mod system is not so great. It costs a lot to change elemental mods, and the +5 ones are annoying because if you get a new piece of gear you like, but your current piece has a mod in it, you have to basically throw away that +5 mod to use the new gear, and then buy a new attack/defense mod.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

actionjackson posted:

I've decide the mod system is not so great. It costs a lot to change elemental mods, and the +5 ones are annoying because if you get a new piece of gear you like, but your current piece has a mod in it, you have to basically throw away that +5 mod to use the new gear, and then buy a new attack/defense mod.

You didn't think we'd ever escape fussing with RNG, did you? :v:

Bungie just pushed it out further.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I love hate it. Fun tweaking with small stats but man, I'm constantly glimmer poor. :negative:

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

You guys need the trials AR lmao, it's insanely good

It doesn't feel as nice to use as my origin story or Uriel's; that slide perk is nice as hell though. Good sights, just like the year 3 trials weapons.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

the good fax machine posted:

You get the exotic weapon relatively early in the campaign, at least compared to when you get to choose a legendary weapon. It took me about 6.5 hours to grind out an Origin Story on a new character doing just the mainline story and skipping cutscenes.

Exactly, my dumb rear end just wanted that pulse and I regret the choice on the first character.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

actionjackson posted:

[chanting] Glimmer sinks! Glimmer sinks!

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

the good fax machine posted:

It does take a while to get through. Also there 2 spots where you have to go level up if you aren't using XP boosts or something (I think I had to level from 8-11 before I could do more missions and then from like 13-15 before the last push) that kind of kill the flow. It's not too terrible, but I wish you could just run straight through the story.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

actionjackson posted:

sounds like someone hasn't used the cuboid ARU

blue rifle crew

I wish you could infuse Blues because its my AR of choice.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I wish I could transmog because Cuboid looks cool af. Want that look on all my ARs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

huh posted:

Also, just got the Rat King sidearm.

Really underwhelming.

You aren't using it right. Use the invisibility to break aggro and mess with the AI and you can clobber huge groups of enemies