Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1252894562/slang-n-friendz

Hey its cards against humanity but its slang and Ludacris is involved because reasons

"Hey guys we're here to tell you about a dope card game called slang n friendz. But why? Because the world needs more love."

New thread title

Awful Kickstarters Vol II: Its like a hip hop card game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Zaphod42 posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1252894562/slang-n-friendz

Hey its cards against humanity but its slang and Ludacris is involved because reasons

"Hey guys we're here to tell you about a dope card game called slang n friendz. But why? Because the world needs more love."

New thread title

Awful Kickstarters Vol II: Its like a hip hop card game

Any adult who unironically says things like "adorkable" should be sent to the chair.

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer
How much would you pay for this:

Want to play a lot of Pokemon Go? have a lot of devices but only a couple hands? Have a lot more money than you do sense? Well, I've got a product for you!

It's The unholy abomination that is a bunch of styli wrapped up in duck tape

The pleasure of using a couple of styli wrapped up in duck tape is yours for the low price of ...who knows. It's yet another Kickstarater when you don't actually buy the product.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
So wait, what does it do? You have like six phones and you get to put them on a table and throw balls at your poke mans six times faster?

I also have a copy of Confederate Express sitting on my computer thanks to Dack Fayden! I'm hoping to give it some time this weekend for a review but I've been floored by work.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gschmidl posted:

Say, Manny, just who is John Muir?

Hey thread, this dope doesn't know who John Muir is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YInfr0hm4A&hd=1

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

We also have to design a 3D model for printing of the device and to decide on the design in which we hope to have a user select from using a device with their team colors.

They also didn't even spend 1 hours learning whatever to have a 3D model of their product which is 3 sticks in a rectangle.

e:Their video 3 minutes in is top :effort:

unpacked robinhood has a new favorite as of 15:35 on Sep 9, 2017

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I love the implication that anyone cares enough about Pokemon Go in 2017 to have four smartphones to play it on.

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

I want more info on the raidstick launch party

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

Kanish posted:

I want more info on the raidstick launch party

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer

Only for $50+ backers.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
https://twitter.com/dennysdiner/status/489418044725530626?lang=en

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Waffleman_ posted:

I love the implication that anyone cares enough about Pokemon Go in 2017 to have four smartphones to play it on.

Also if anybody was that into Pokemon GO while also being willing to operate outside of the system to that degree then they would probably just use a rooted Android to spoof the GPS data Instead of a Rube Goldberg contraption to play on multiple screens at once.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Why does everyone want to be the next CaH? Why not be a mainstream clone of a card game popular with the weirdest cardgame nerds?

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Cards Against Humanity is the Dark Souls of card games. Every card game will be compared to it.

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.

super sweet best pal posted:

Why does everyone want to be the next CaH? Why not be a mainstream clone of a card game popular with the weirdest cardgame nerds?
Because putting words on cards is the cheapest card game to make.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

As is often the case, da share z0ne speaks truth, bitch.

https://twitter.com/dasharez0ne/status/746528711478939649

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Jolo posted:

It's the closest thing we've got to the purge atm

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

There's a little bit of irony calling out a game like CaH while also being kind of known for using a sexist slur.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

CaH was a breakout success, people who don't buy boardgames buy CaH which is why the creator has so much gently caress you money he can waste on internet attention whoring stunts every year. It's like how every game wants to be the next Call of Duty or every book wanted to be the next Twilight.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Jolo posted:

Bitch is a gendered sexist insult, scum.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
^damnit

Garrand posted:

There's a little bit of irony calling out a game like CaH while also being kind of known for using a sexist slur.

Motherfucker isn't a slur.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Card game nerds generally know how to recognize lovely mechanics. Developing good mechanics takes lots more time than making up lovely modular joke cards.

All those CaH games are going for the larger market of dumb partygoers who don't know poo poo about board games but know that board games are now popular for some reason.
People who have played Milton Bradley games most of their life and only recently played Apples to Apples for the first time.

Think about it, if you have some fantasy game with a card of fast travel boots you've gotta playtest if the boots give you +2 speed or +3 speed and if they cost 10 gold or 11 gold, but with a CaH style game all you do is write "Literally Hitler" on some cards and make $$$

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:

Peanut President posted:

^damnit

Motherfucker isn't a slur.

Its a motherfucking honorific

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Sormus posted:

Its a motherfucking honorific

Oedipus was a king, and Nero was an emperor

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

Card game nerds generally know how to recognize lovely mechanics. Developing good mechanics takes lots more time than making up lovely modular joke cards.

All those CaH games are going for the larger market of dumb partygoers who don't know poo poo about board games but know that board games are now popular for some reason.
People who have played Milton Bradley games most of their life and only recently played Apples to Apples for the first time.

Think about it, if you have some fantasy game with a card of fast travel boots you've gotta playtest if the boots give you +2 speed or +3 speed and if they cost 10 gold or 11 gold, but with a CaH style game all you do is write "Literally Hitler" on some cards and make $$$

How would you know what dumb partygoers like to do at a party, you've clearly never been invited to one

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

Paladinus posted:

Bitch is a gendered sexist insult, scum.

https://twitter.com/dasharez0ne/status/745650377421258752

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Zaphod42 posted:

Never thought I'd see a board game hipster

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
I mean it's totally true that all those other random CAH-type games are just trying to look and sound enough like CAH that someone who doesn't know better will pick em up instead of CAH at a store or something. Like Asylum films making "Transmorphers" DVDs to put on store shelves the same day the latest Transformers movie hit theaters, or poo poo like that.

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.
I found the awful kickstarters store aisle:

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

SupSuper posted:

I found the awful kickstarters store aisle:

Hey now Coup is amazing!
(the shiny one left of... whatever the gently caress Choking Hazard is)

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

DarkDobe posted:

Hey now Coup is amazing!

Its "Joking Hazard" and the cards are just Cyanide and Happiness panels. You put down cards to make a C&H style comic. But since its all paint by numbers, it gets old.

Every single one of those games (ignoring the shelf with Coup and Avalon) is a game where everybody draws cards and then takes turns picking one card to put down, and then one person is the "judge" who picks who had the best card. All of them.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Joking Hazard is a Cyanide and Happiness card game thing where you make comics, or something like that.

Anyway, in other Awful Kickstarter news, have you ever wanted to just swipe right on everyone in Tinder, ever? Well, have the folks at Tinda Finger got the item for you! For only £7 plus shipping, you can get your own fake finger that can swipe right on Tinder (or similar apps) at 6000+ swipes per hour!

And if you don't like using Kickstarter, they also have an IndieGoGo campaign.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

DarkDobe posted:

Hey now Coup is amazing!

All the games on that shelf are good games. (Where 'good' is defined as 'willing to play basically whenever')

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

senrath posted:

Anyway, in other Awful Kickstarter news, have you ever wanted to just swipe right on everyone in Tinder, ever? Well, have the folks at Tinda Finger got the item for you! For only £7 plus shipping, you can get your own fake finger that can swipe right on Tinder (or similar apps) at 6000+ swipes per hour!
This isn't actually as bad as it could be. I mean, sure, it probably only does the one motion and draws power directly from the phone rather than being more generalizable, but I could at least see situations where you could repurpose it to do useful things? It's capable of performing a repetitive motion on a capacitive touchscreen so that's your :10bux: better spent than half the rest of this thread right there.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

senrath posted:

Joking Hazard is a Cyanide and Happiness card game thing where you make comics, or something like that.

And if you don't like using Kickstarter, they also have an IndieGoGo campaign.

CollegeCop
Jul 11, 2005

You're right. I'm not a real cop. Those are imaginary handcuffs. And in a minute, we'll be going to the make-believe jail.
Sovereign Citizens. 'Nuff said.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/617597408/ansisorg-american-national-sovereign-identificatio?ref=category_newest

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Looks like Darell in Tennessee is more knowledgeable about the intricacies of gold-fringed flags then he is about Kickstarter, seeing as how this is the only pledge level available to hit his $11,000 goal:

quote:

Pledge $100 or more
Free ID when registered

Once the site is up and running, you will be invited to register and record your information. Once registered you will receive a free ID card.
More
Estimated delivery Jan 2018
Ships to Only United States
Limited (1 left of 1) 0 backers

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
I don't know why anybody would support this when it's clearly just a covert FEMA operation to form a registry so they can round up the last true Americans and ship them to the Alaskan reeducation camps.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.
This guy figured out this one weird trick to avoid any legal action against him ever! Police hate him!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

And reported for promoting illegal activity.