Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS posted:

Just saw a clip that looks like the creators did the full "suck my dick you fuckman" scene, as was previously done by a goon. Is this legit? I haven't seen any of season 3 yet.

I know there is a few people on Youtube who wen't and animated that whole thing. Maybe it was another fan thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

We all are. :(

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Squashy Nipples posted:

Man, this show just keeps getting darker, while the quality of the writing remains consistent. Love it!
Like, I'm a twisted mother fucker, but I don't think I could have ever thought up the Simple Rick cookie flavoring bit.

It was instantly one of my favorite shows of all time, and it just keeps moving up the list. Not at the top, yet, but I could see that happening.

So twisted 😈😈😈😈😈😈😈

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

ikanreed posted:

It was released before season 3 even came out. It's a standalone and I think the art (but not the voices) is fanmade?

I think they created a storyboard that was playing while Justin did the scene. Someone else created a full on animation for it.

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!

Macaluso posted:

So twisted 😈😈😈😈😈😈😈

This forum has witnessed pedophiles and murderers come and go. When someone claims they're 'twisted' or 'dark', they're setting a pretty high bar for themselves.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I really want this show to do a body swap episode. Sarah Chalke doing a Rick impression with Chris Parnell as Morty would make my life complete.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Phylodox posted:

I really want this show to do a body swap episode. Sarah Chalke doing a Rick impression with Chris Parnell as Morty would make my life complete.

poo poo you could do a cool plot like that even without any weird bodyswapping. Rick and Morty and Summer all go missing for a long time, Beth is stuck alone, gets worried, gets super drunk, shows up at Jerry's place and demands he go with her to find them using some backup spaceship or teleporter gun that she found in the basement.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYAzJcBDE50

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Crabtree posted:

So how likely is it that Evil Morty was C-137's original "cocky" Morty?
Been saying this.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
I love the Simple Rick cookies bit. It's classic Rick and Morty where they use some twisted sci-fi thing to accomplish something mundane. See Also, butter-passing, self aware robot; microverse car battery; meseeks box; intelligence-giving dog helmet; etc.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Good editing work

Bucswabe posted:

I love the Simple Rick cookies bit. It's classic Rick and Morty where they use some twisted sci-fi thing to accomplish something mundane. See Also, butter-passing, self aware robot; microverse car battery; meseeks box; intelligence-giving dog helmet; etc.

Yeah like some kinda of insane hypergalactic rube goldberg.

Also good is the inversion of this, the super twisted mundane thing that is abused for some sci-fi reason. Like the giant dome of mortys being constantly stabbed over and over in order to build a psychic field.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

LividLiquid posted:

Been saying this.

Everyone has. It's not going to happen.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
I've always been fond of the mechas made out of sticks, rocks, and vines that Rick and Stephen Colbert fight each other with in the Teenyverse. The improbable resourcefulness of Rick never fails to make me smile.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
I hope that the Evil Morty thing does stay in the background as a 'every now and again' plot thread. I do like how Rick may have screwed himself because of his ego - the original Citadel seemed like a think tank sort of place where Ricks could work together on problems and seemed to be pretty successful. RFick couldn't stand it and destroyed it, and with all the problems it has refroming from a think tank into a civil society, he may have just handed Evil Morty unlimited resources, mainly because he couldn't share or bear any of his other selves doing things differently.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
After rewatching Rickoantis, the scene that hit me the most was the Mortytown Locos bust with Junky Rick. Yeah, infinite Ricks, but seeing the potential for Rick to be a straight up crackhead was something I never really considered even with all his drug and alcohol abuse.

Poor bastard won't be slippin' no more nib-nibs.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

The best part of the episode was that it was Justin Roiland talking to himself over and over again. I imagine the recording sessions might have gotten a little confusing.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Improving with yourself is way easier than with someone else.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

OldMemes posted:

I hope that the Evil Morty thing does stay in the background as a 'every now and again' plot thread. I do like how Rick may have screwed himself because of his ego - the original Citadel seemed like a think tank sort of place where Ricks could work together on problems and seemed to be pretty successful. RFick couldn't stand it and destroyed it, and with all the problems it has refroming from a think tank into a civil society, he may have just handed Evil Morty unlimited resources, mainly because he couldn't share or bear any of his other selves doing things differently.

Actually c-137 was totally, 100% correct about the citadel, because the ultimate result is a morty taking over what could reasonably be called the most powerful government in the multiverse.

Evil morty went after c-137 specifically, so I could see it turning out that that's his original morty. We don't know rick's backstory at all, really, so there could be a reason he feels both more attached to his family than other ricks and more guilty about them than other ricks.

I hope we get to see something about Beth and Rick abandoning her, just some kind of more concrete explanation. I'd also like to see beth snap at rick, because we don't know what rick's answer would be to beth saying 'how could you abandon us?'. It's just something they never answer, and if they wanted to go in a fresh direction while doing major fanservicing, character development, everything, it seems like a logical direction to me.

I'm also curious about the pictures of rick holding baby morty at bird-person's house in the 'show me what you got' episode.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

OldMemes posted:

The best part of the episode was that it was Justin Roiland talking to himself over and over again. I imagine the recording sessions might have gotten a little confusing.

They are probably used to it at this point.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

Now that you mention it, all the other Ricks we've seen are a lot...colder? than main Rick. He might be cruel, aloof and ruthless, but he does care about Morty, which seems to make him stand out, wether that's just because he's the main character, so he's much more developed than the other Ricks, or if there's something special that makes him unique is a bit up in the air. Though the money collecting Rick and Morty at the start seemed nice enough.

I do like the little drips of Rick's backstory we get without it being exposition dumped on us all at once, like the implication of what Rick and Bird Person have been through. It;s imlied they've been through some heavy stuff together, but we don't know what yet.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Rick also never does say that our morty is the mortiest morty. He says it'd go without saying that the rickest rick would have the mortiest morty, and says 'yeah, did you hear me say it?'. He lets morty think that's what he meant, but if evil morty was morty c-137, he'd be the mortiest morty. And a rickporter directly asked him what dimension he was from and he avoids it, which makes me think it's going to be something that comes up again.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
What makes the mortiest morty?

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

heeheex2 posted:

What makes the mortiest morty?

Being a main character?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I'm waiting for the episode where they unceremoniously kill off "our" Rick and just have another one with similar values take over. And I don't mean clone-out-of-a-toxic-version-of-Rick-Rick-that's-not-technically-Rick-anymore-Rick.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

AlternateNu posted:

I'm waiting for the episode where they unceremoniously kill off "our" Rick and just have another one with similar values take over. And I don't mean clone-out-of-a-toxic-version-of-Rick-Rick-that's-not-technically-Rick-anymore-Rick.

Basically just do the ending of Rick Potion #9, but the other way around?

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I'm hungry as gently caress for some apples.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
booger.aids, aids.booger

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
This is already loving amazing. :lol: he removed an entire memory because morty was right about something and he got butthurt.

He just carries that thing around with him all the time.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
That coke commercial is BS. No real latino person would perfer flour tortillas over corn.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Holy gently caress, this is the best

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Jerry killed ET.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Jerry's Mindblowers!

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Rick and Beth next week, I'm kinda excited.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I liked the Dethklok end theme.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Glad they did this instead of another Interdimensional cable.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Beth episode next week! I had a feeling it was coming. This was a loving great episode.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
This is a rocking end theme. Also so we know they universed hopped x + 2 times.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

The squirrels part might be one of my favorite Rick and Morty moments.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

That was flat out superior to either Interdimensional cable episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
"No wonder you guys always fight and get behind schedule" SLAM.