Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Sk go home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
Jesus Christ Liquid can you just close a game out when you're supposed to for once

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Doesn't matter, makes the venue shake that much more when they with tow with an ape collat lol

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002

Gingerbread House Music posted:

with tow with an ape collat lol

What?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
FaZe now set up for a quick coast through c9 into an easy dunking on Liquid

Thanks SK

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Another big failure from SK (and success for Liquid). Is FaZe now the best team? Will an all-star lineup actually work for once? Their recent results have been pretty crushing.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Sorry, phone posting. Meant to say AWP collat kill.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
Playing against faze must be heartbreaking, even winning a duel is a huge upset

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

wait, I missed pick ban, but how on earth did faze end up getting the two maps they've historically been best at?

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

TheFlyingLlama posted:

wait, I missed pick ban, but how on earth did faze end up getting the two maps they've historically been best at?

peanut brain vetos

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

The grimace on ska was brutal

whodatwhere
Aug 24, 2013

Holy lol. Liquid needs to play subio to master the goonman tie.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

two snuff films on twitch this weekend apparently.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

FaZe this event:

FaZe 16 - 5 Virtus Pro
FaZe 16 - 6 Astralis

semi:

FaZe 16 - 4 Cloud9

FaZe 16 - 3 Cloud9

final:

FaZe 16 - 3 Team Liquid

FaZe 16 - 14 Team Liquid

FaZe 16 - 4 Team Liquid

loool

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

mcvey posted:

FaZe this event:

FaZe 16 - 5 Virtus Pro
FaZe 16 - 6 Astralis

semi:

FaZe 16 - 4 Cloud9

FaZe 16 - 3 Cloud9

final:

FaZe 16 - 3 Team Liquid

FaZe 16 - 14 Team Liquid

FaZe 16 - 4 Team Liquid

loool

eZaF :pcgaming:

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

holy poo poo okay

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
CS minors are a hell of a way to spend a weekend and a few hundred bucks.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:
crosspost from sub.io thread showing my usual level of play:

ThePeavstenator posted:

This happened a few weeks ago but I finally got around to making this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ATfjtXj-g8

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

To the :c00l:
I just watched the finals, super dominant from Faze, kio obviously the problem.

I hope karrigan wins a major some time.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

kNg officially out of Immortals. I've never seen a guys stock drop so fast in CSGO, he went from fan favourite to trash so quickly.

https://twitter.com/NWhinston/status/910329819438575616

kNg posted:

I'm no longer a part of @Immortals! Thanks for all the support given during this time, I wanted to play [today's game] and help my team [that] needed [the help] and asked me [to].
cogu to Immortals? horvy?

also: Space Soldiers "despe" banned for cheating on ESL. that's been your CSGO news minutE!

mcvey fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Sep 20, 2017

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Is there any truth to the rumor that despe asked one of his teammates (a "real pro") for help at getting legitimately good, and he flipped him to ESL officials to have him removed from the team ASAP?

His last games on the site are all 1v1 AWP stuff, surely he wasn't cheating there?

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

New Zealand can eat me posted:

Is there any truth to the rumor that despe asked one of his teammates (a "real pro") for help at getting legitimately good, and he flipped him to ESL officials to have him removed from the team ASAP?

His last games on the site are all 1v1 AWP stuff, surely he wasn't cheating there?

Sounds funny but I have no idea if it's true. His ESL matches on his page are all six years old and from Source. Also their website gives me nostalgic cancer. Probably the worst designed website I've ever seen for a 'major' company. It's like an incomprehensible warren. It used to have 3 iterations active at one time where links took you to different versions.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
lucas and hen1 requesting release from Immortals lmao. Dumbass children can't keep it professional enough to keep a good thing going.

Although this opens up the possibility of a scary-sounding Brazilian party squad: fnx, lucas, hen1, kNg, 5th

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
Is they leave, what does that do for immortals' major slot?

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
an extra team gets added thru the qualifiers, just like it happened at cologne 2014 with lgb disbanding

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
The new team will inherit it with 3/5 players?

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Stumbletron posted:

The new team will inherit it with 3/5 players?

oh yea i guess if those three stick together the new org will get it but i dont know if they are

edit: i figure the immortals org wants to keep the spot though (or at least not let it transfer) so that's probably what's preventing them from dropping the brothers like hot potatos

e2: yeah looking at the quote about the release clauses i'm assuming they don't want whatever org picking up both the brothers and kng and stealing the spot from them. letting the spot go to a qualifier team makes it more likely for the new immortals skwad to make it back into the major

Demostrs fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Sep 21, 2017

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
comedy option: they sell lucas and hen1 to the highest bidder explicitly for the major spot and then make a surprise buyout of GOD B, forcing a conundrum as now both rosters have 3/5 players eligible for reinvitation

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
Dear Diary,

yesterday I played in my first goonman. It was fun! I got eight or nine kills and we tied. I did not drop the ball too badly. My GPL or whatever went up by 2.82 and I was told that is A Lot.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Tevery Best posted:

Dear Diary,

yesterday I played in my first goonman. It was fun! I got eight or nine kills and we tied. I did not drop the ball too badly. My GPL or whatever went up by 2.82 and I was told that is A Lot.

That's higher than my score

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Tevery Best posted:

Dear Diary,

First few games of goonman will have some wild swings because the elo system it's based off of doesn't know what your "true skill" is. In a few games you'll be down to decimal point gains/losses.

drunken officeparty posted:

That's higher than my score

Which, considering you've played multiple games and the system has smoothed out your gains/losses, is really loving bad

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Tevery Best posted:

Dear Diary,

Nice! Looks like we got another "don't vote me captain" in the making :)

RATS!
Dec 23, 2008

being captain owns dudes!

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
I'M NOT TRYING TO GET BIG AND BULKY OKAY WE ALL FAIL DIFFERENT GOALS

Tevery Best posted:

Dear Diary,

Dude has a rad accent and good vibes. +1 vibes

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

I would like to buy some new headphones, I'm using a pair of HD 555s right now. I don't know what's good anymore. Recommendations? What do all the pros use?

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

mcvey posted:

I would like to buy some new headphones, I'm using a pair of HD 555s right now. I don't know what's good anymore. Recommendations? What do all the pros use?

earbuds under noise cancelling muffs.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

headphones or headsets?

Headphones: 598's

Headset: Cloud 2's or Cloud Revolver

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

Photex posted:

headphones or headsets?

Headphones: 598's

Headset: Cloud 2's or Cloud Revolver

Seconding the 598s. Best headphones I've ever owned, and they're comfortable all day long too.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

What's your budget?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
These if need mic:
https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-GAME-Gaming-Headset-Black/dp/B00KNPYAEY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1506186893&sr=8-1&keywords=gamer+zero
These if not:
https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-H...iser+headphones

Extremely comfortable, can wear them all day