Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

TheCenturion posted:

They're flying over the Savage Land, aren't they. I just know.

Well, it is customary to crash land...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

They crash, don't they?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Bongo Bill posted:

They crash, don't they?

How else do you get to the Savage Land?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Bongo Bill posted:

They crash, don't they?

And there is a surprising amount of acceptable nudity.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Section Z posted:

It would also probably be an important life skill for all those old timey mans comics where you're attacked by weasels, wolves, gorillas, or-

Oh the Gorilla was a robot. I wish I had the context for this.

Magnus Robot Fighter.

The context is he fights robots.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Kwyndig posted:

How else do you get to the Savage Land?

At the airport, dummy

Avengers #36

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Calling those dudes zebras is probably racist.

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Say Nothing posted:

Why is that man dressed as a powerpuff girl?

Speaking of Magnus, what's the one thing scarier than either a robot or a ghost?

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Why was I programmed not to believe in a robot afterlife?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'm a little behind on modern Marvel, so I assume that's Sunspot? And he runs AIM? And the AIM dudes are all buff as hell now?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Thats actually from about... 2/3 years ago now? Yes at that point he just bought AIM. :v:

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Esplanade posted:

Speaking of Magnus, what's the one thing scarier than either a robot or a ghost?

Does he break off and keep the arms?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Esplanade posted:

Adventure Zone comic looking good.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The Filth

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
The Filth was extremely good. The issue about the libertarian pirate cruise ship fuckin' ruled.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
I think I'm the weird person out because The Invisibles clicked for me but The Filth didn't.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

KaosMachina posted:

I think I'm the weird person out because The Invisibles clicked for me but The Filth didn't.

That makes sense, the Filth to me is Invisibles with all the crap cut out. Fewer characters, fewer viewpoints, less background, shorter timeframe, but still exploring a similar central concept. I think Invisibles has more heart but The Filth is remarkably lean in some ways.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

KaosMachina posted:

I'm the same way. Also oddly, I have very opposite views from Scaramouche on it. Like, it felt like it wanted to say something, and then got bogged down by all the weird ideas floating around simultaneously. Like, there were lots of brilliant ideas G-Mo gives us glimpses of and then steps away from to show you something else. Like, how he has the comic book adventure universe a layer down from reality, with the device able to pull the 2-dimensional beings into the "real" world. That story alone would make for a killer full series, and he spends maybe half an issue on it. The whole book frustrated me like that. Like, the Invisibles had a longer run, but it was far more focused, and better for it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I'd like to see Grant Lessison of him.

That's all I've got.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Lurdiak posted:

I'd like to see Grant Lessison of him.

That's all I've got.

This take granted me a lesion! I don't get no respect!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Ygolonac posted:

(All-New X-Men #15)

idgi

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

zoux posted:

"Oh you're my daughter but from a weird alternative timeline future that doesn't exist"
and
"Oh you're my mother but time traveled from a period before you died"
and then they're both like "Geez"

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

the aristocrats!

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Dr. Hurt posted:

zoux posted:

"Oh you're my daughter but from a weird alternative timeline future that doesn't exist"
and
"Oh you're my mother but time traveled from a period before you died"
and then they're both like "Geez" "Better immediately do a full brainscan in case it's a clone or another time-traveller or alternate-universe invader or a demon/Skrull or something." And slam their psi powers into each other hard enough to get a migraine.

This is before Young (Goddamnit McCoy Quit loving With The Timestream) Jean gets shifted across to Earth-1610 and meets up with older, meaner Ultimate Jean, so New Cookie has both experience with dealing with <x> Grey-level psi, but also knowledge of what happened in the 616, which is swapped for 1610 events and they both go "That's hosed up." IIRC, they didn't brainpunch each other.

Unrelated, in honor of Rose City Comic Con banning all Nazi/Nazi-like cosplay:

(From DC's Major Bummer, issue I forget but it's a fuckin' NAZI DINOSAUR!)

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ygolonac posted:

Unrelated, in honor of Rose City Comic Con banning all Nazi/Nazi-like cosplay:

(From DC's Major Bummer, issue I forget but it's a fuckin' NAZI DINOSAUR!)

Tyrannosaurus Reich!

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Unbelievable Gwenpool 20

4th-wall breaking reality-warping time travel works the same way

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Elfface posted:

Unbelievable Gwenpool 20

4th-wall breaking reality-warping time travel works the same way

Imagine four Gwenpools at the edge of a cliff.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

If Amalgam Comics was still a thing both of these companies would be making a mint off of Harley Gwen merchandise

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

purple death ray posted:

If Amalgam Comics was still a thing both of these companies would be making a mint off of Harley Gwen merchandise

Now you've said it and now I'm going to see it at every amateur artist stall at every con from here out.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

but gwenpool is already a riff off spidergwen and deadpool who's a riff off on deathstroke and aaaaa my brain

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Synthbuttrange posted:

but gwenpool is already a riff off spidergwen and deadpool who's a riff off on deathstroke and aaaaa my brain

Take it easy; you don't want to have a deathstroke.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

prefect posted:

Take it easy; you don't want to have a deathstroke.

I predict Synthbuttrange is gonna croak soon. I have it by the end of the year in the dead pool.

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

purple death ray posted:

N52 Harley is more of a Deadpool rip-off, or at least became one when her series started up and she ditched the godawful original reboot costume. I thought it was hilariously ballsy they then introduced a straight Deadpool parody to have a teased romance arc with.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

All-New Guardians of the Galaxy #10
Drax provides a unique argument to settle down two fighting cosmic elders.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I like how that's in-character for Annihilation Drax and MCU Drax.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Duggan had done a great job at finding that balance with Drax.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/steve_lieber/status/910575231667806208

Well huh.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Good couple of weeks for the GOTG it seems. Rocket has some good stuff in this week's Wolverine.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It seems prescient, but Trump was 'campaigning' in the late 80s with the exact same rhetoric as now - he denied he was gearing up for a run at office but a bunch of Republicans tried to recruit him to run instead of George H Bush, and he was taking out full page magazine ads about how America's economy was in imminent collapse because of foreigners "taking advantage" of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Having a black president really hosed up your country's conservatives.