Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Fats posted:

Applied to BDSM as 'arghidontknow'.

Apologies to anyone trying to have fun in the Crucible this morning, I figured the fastest way to get the milestone out of the way was to die as quickly as possible so the round ended faster.

Lol what a oval office

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Do you still get end-of-run loot if you keep running the nightfall? If so, is the chest loot considered a powerful item (ie higher light than your average)?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

kecske posted:

Been having a lot of fun with Uriels in the scrub tiers of crucible. Did the milestones and had a good laugh when Control came up in quickplay and my whole team ran straight to A (we spawned by it) and dumbly stood there for a sec until we noticed A and C come pre-capped. Fast times for garbage players.

The 450RPM AR archetype is real good right now in crucible; Origin Story, Uriel's and Prosecutor. It just melts the average player due to those rifles being so easy to light people up with 100% crit hits. Still gives people a good run for their money in top tier play too.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Fats posted:

Applied to BDSM as 'arghidontknow'.

Apologies to anyone trying to have fun in the Crucible this morning, I figured the fastest way to get the milestone out of the way was to die as quickly as possible so the round ended faster.

Everyone on your team managed to die as quickly as you?

TBH it just looks like you got stomped in 1 game. It happens.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Did you all decide to collectively crater together? If not, that's an incredibly lovely thing to a group of people.

Yeah, gently caress that guy

cvnvcnv posted:

Lol what a oval office

:agreed:

Fats
Oct 14, 2006

What I cannot create, I do not understand
Fun Shoe

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Everyone on your team managed to die as quickly as you?

TBH it just looks like you got stomped in 1 game. It happens.

They did, but me running around trying to kill dudes with the sword and fist certainly didn't help. v:shobon:v It's not like I was hopping off the map or anything, just not putting in 100%.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So is the strum the best gun ever because holy hell how many steps does it have

Richter Scabies
Dec 30, 2012

Running strikes in the playlist and noticing that there's no flavor text during the loading screen to tell you why you're doing the pyrimidion/inverted spire/arms dealer strikes in the first place, unlike in D1. Is this a glitch or do you have to run a strike from the map for that stuff?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Richter Scabies posted:

Running strikes in the playlist and noticing that there's no flavor text during the loading screen to tell you why you're doing the pyrimidion/inverted spire/arms dealer strikes in the first place, unlike in D1. Is this a glitch or do you have to run a strike from the map for that stuff?

Strikes are removed from the story. They are not available as individual items to do on the map either. It's just Bungie saying "here's a thing to do if you want".

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Strikes are removed from the story. They are not available as individual items to do on the map either. It's just Bungie saying "here's a thing to do if you want".

How is this different now?

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Posted in discord as well, but if there are any raid groups tonight that want a 277 Titan hit me up on PS4 IGN: mhache

Wife is out for the night so I can just sit here for 6 hours.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Are those scorecards from an app?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Calaveron posted:

Its by far the worst of the 3 legendaries, almost entirely because of PvP but at least it was an interesting idea!

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

pulp rag posted:

Also, just joined the thread. I gotta post my PSN tag to be accepted into [KINK] or nah?

You don't have to post it here. Just swing by the Discord and chat it up in the channel "You're Welcome" and we'll get you there.

https://discord.gg/eHRszy2

At this point people are part of Battalion 6 (Big Dum Salt Miners).

Enjoy!

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

kecske posted:

Are those scorecards from an app?

Destiny Tracker. dot com.

No app but the site is decently mobile friendly.

edit: first picture is the bungie website i think

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Calaveron posted:

It kinda sucks. Looks cool with the ornament customization, though.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

That's an old pic from beta I think.

Anyway, Better Devils loving owns. It's the first hand cannon I've picked up that felt right, every other one has felt off in one way or another.

Sounds awesome, seems to actually shoot bullets where I point them, explosive rounds mean non crits in pve are worth a poo poo (leveraging the solid hipfire accuracy better than non explosive hcs).

Probably trash in pvp again, but I'll try it later :eng99:

I have another Suros HC that's also extremely stable and accurate, but my feeling so far is HCs are just badly outclassed due to the range band they operate in. Laser accurate 450rpm ARs at close-mid and Mida everywhere at long range, plus the handful of people running Lincoln Green or its equivalents.

Regardless, if you stumble across this, put down your Nameless Midnight for a few minutes and blast some aliens with it.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Insane Totoro posted:

You don't have to post it here. Just swing by the Discord and chat it up in the channel "You're Welcome" and we'll get you there.

https://discord.gg/eHRszy2

At this point people are part of Battalion 6 (Big Dum Salt Miners).

Enjoy!

Many thanks!

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

pulp rag posted:

Many thanks!

You're welcome!

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

People just hate when something, no matter how lame it is, goes from "Included" to "Not Included"

See: grimoire, shaders

This is a key thing in any software development. You could have a feature almost none of your users use, or that most dislike. You will inevitably see tons of backlash if that feature is removed wholesale and its generally something to avoid.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Another big long crack at the raid boss today.

gently caress psions, and gently caress their instant purple launch attack. Forever. Even with an established left-centre-right kill on sight proposition, members of our group were getting flung all over the place, ending otherwise perfect runs with great work from the throne room team. It's essentially boiling the success of a run down to RNG: will the Psion in front of me instantly flame? Or not?

strangemusic fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Sep 17, 2017

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Turned in my clan turn ins since we killed the raid boss. I got a 10 light level scout rifle. Wut

Barudak
May 7, 2007

m.hache posted:

Turned in my clan turn ins since we killed the raid boss. I got a 10 light level scout rifle. Wut

Its to give your clan mates raid loot without giving them gear way out of their level if they arent raid ready.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

m.hache posted:

It's the raid rifle. The trials engram gave me the trials shotgun, also at 10. Basically you can get the gear slowly from the weekly clan engram, but the power level is on you

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Le Saboteur posted:

This is a key thing in any software development. You could have a feature almost none of your users use, or that most dislike. You will inevitably see tons of backlash if that feature is removed wholesale and its generally something to avoid.

"Loss aversion"

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
So when my alt beat the campaign and talked to the gunsmith, he was given the quest item for the MIDA quest, allowing me to skip the EDZ part of the quest. The quest for Sturm doesn't seem to have the same mechanic, however.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

is there an app it doesnt seem like ishtar has updated

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

actionjackson posted:

lol the portal part of the boss fight is glitchy as gently caress

just got randomly blown off the map at the starting

drat dog I wasn't loving around yesterday, that part was some bullshit. Was like, okay, we got this oh wait I'm drifting away oh nooooooooo

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Super No Vacancy posted:

yeah its called the Destiny companion and Bungie makes it

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

strangemusic posted:

Another big long crack at the raid boss today.

gently caress psions, and gently caress their instant purple launch attack. Forever. Even with an established left-centre-right kill on sight proposition, members of our group were getting flung all over the place, ending otherwise perfect runs with great work from the throne room team. It's essentially boiling the success of a run down to RNG: will the Psion in front of me instantly flame? Or not?

Yeah it's seriously bumming me out and making me dislike the game, was really excited about the raid and most of the fights are tolerable even if they aren't what I wanted but the last one is loving garbage. I don't even want any of the loot really, just want to beat it so I can't get the shotgun and spend the tokens and then maybe I won't feel the pressure to try and finish so I'll probably be more willing to try it on my alts or just jump in for funsies. Real pain in the rear end.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

The Sturm isn't too shabby in PvP, it kills in three precision hits. I like using it with Uriel's sometimes.

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
Can you get armor from the raid and trials clan engrams or just weapons?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Super No Vacancy posted:

I believe Destiny Item Manager has a beta out for mobile.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Anybody down for chillin? Nightfall or cruicable? Psn is ratbert90 just send me a message.

Gentleman Blogger
Sep 19, 2003

directions make no sense in the grand scheme of things.
How in the goddamned hell do I get into the bone krew slack? APPARENTLY that's how good poo poo happens.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

ratbert90 posted:

Anybody down for chillin? Nightfall or cruicable? Psn is ratbert90 just send me a message.

Is Nightfall and Chill what the kids are calling it, now? :crossarms:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Coldforge posted:

Is Nightfall and Chill what the kids are calling it, now? :crossarms:

If you want we can crucible your nightfall all night long. :swoon:

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Republicans posted:

The Sturm isn't too shabby in PvP, it kills in three precision hits. I like using it with Uriel's sometimes.

It also has hella range

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I'll be on bone in about 15 for whatever. Slack me up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Waffle House posted:

N O I C E if you get a chance later post pics, I haven't seen the AR, Pulse, or Cloak, the emblems, or the shaders.

Emblem across the top. In fireteam it shows number of times flawless.

Pulse Rifle:
High Impact Frame
Various barrels
Slide to reload + range/stability OR Headseeker
Snapshot Sights

Sidearm:
Precision Frame
Various sights
Slide to reload + range/stability OR Threat Detector
Zen Moment

Autorifle:
Precision Frame
Various barrels
Slide to reload + range/stability OR Tap the Trigger
Hip Fire

Sniper:
Aggressive Frame
Various barrels
Slide to reload + range/stability OR Outlaw
QuickDraw

Hunter Cape:
Non shader the black bits are white.

Hunter Helmet:

The shaders make things look like the weapons you see above.