Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

they should put the garand in the game imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

cosmicjim posted:

Dude was cheating

I don't think so, you can see where the shooters are in the video in both incidents and two different people kill his squad. Third person sucks. I could be wrong though! Lol though that weedbabygoku posted a video of suspected cheaters, reporting them in the video, then saying here "I never said they were cheating". He takes this poo poo soooo serioussss

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

anytime someone posts a video and it's 3pp i assume it's ironic.

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!

Parallel Playa posted:

Set your recording device as the default communications device. Plain 'default device' isn't good enough. I had the same issue and this fixed it.

Yea it is set as default communications. It just started randomly happening since the patch, seems like a restart took care of it so who knows.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Groovelord Neato posted:

Totally. Except for that guy, everything he does in here is major league gaming dead serious

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Groovelord Neato posted:

I just assumed its fake because there can't be enough people still playing 3pp to populate a server.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Parallel Playa posted:

got a duo win as well today:

"thirteen" kills. messed up some of the editing (mainly audio) but I cba, there's some funny stuff + some decent shots in there

Those shots off the bridge were loving nice man

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Doorknob Slobber posted:

i report everyone who kills me of cheating whether i think they're cheating or not because if enough people report then maybe they'll get banned

This, they wouldn't want the button front and center if they didn't want you to use it.

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!
the mini14 is amazing, and there's no way it's not getting nerfed to poo poo in the next patch. The sound is also very good.

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF
Did they get rid of the stupid twitch grafitti or can I no longer see it because I lowered my texture quality?

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Ashmole posted:

Did they get rid of the stupid twitch grafitti or can I no longer see it because I lowered my texture quality?

It's still there. What's your quality at?

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Is there a kill cam coming in this at least in solo, 95% of the time I'm not sure how/why I died I think seeing what they saw would help me a ton in figuring that kinda stuff out.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

socialsecurity posted:

Is there a kill cam coming in this at least in solo, 95% of the time I'm not sure how/why I died I think seeing what they saw would help me a ton in figuring that kinda stuff out.

i think last word on kill cam was something like "we want to do it, but we're not sure how to do it in a balanced fashion" even in solo if you're in a game with a buddy you could call out exactly where they killed you from so I'm not sure a kill cam is a good idea until after the game is over. Ideally they'll just put in replays of the whole game for all modes or some poo poo like starcraft.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
A guy had me in a bad spot, I'm laying down on a hillside, he is uphill from me. He fires at me and takes off 1/2 my health before I see him. I switch to my tommy gun and just spray in his direction hoping to make him duck, and he stands up and gets headshot. A dumb win but I'll take it.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Zsinjeh posted:

Ok. Lying prone in a bush behind a tree or wherever you were and waiting until a really cool and tense gunfight is over just to shoot the victor in the head is a totally legit strategy and all....but ffffffuuuuuckkkkk youuuuuuu

i did this for a chicken dinner last night but it was in the tall grass after one of them failed to kill me at range so I hit the deck to heal. Third guy started in on the second guy for the next two tiny circles I lucked into or was close to and waited for them to finish their business. Almost blew it when I stood up and tapped the last guy (same person who didnt kill me earlier) on auto instead of single fire and he got at least one shot on me before dying.

Korbin
Nov 13, 2009

SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG
Fog is creepy as gently caress.

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

Black Griffon posted:

It's still there. What's your quality at?

I think it's medium

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

lohli posted:

Last patch kinda blows, I've got this annoying ADS bug, performance seems down, and the DOF thing they've added that only seems to kick in when looking at the edges of things loving sucks.

Yeah, I am not pleased with the last patch. Shadows now render at the same distance for all players which is fine I guess but I had them at low before because I can't run the game at high shadow settings. The DOF also looks really, really bad in conjunction with some of the other low-end settings, everything in the distance actually looks like it's on a squared grid like this is a Playstation 1 game. Not a big step forward imo. If you're going to have an option to turn postprocessing off then it should probably actually turn it off instead of being forced enabled and making the game look horrible.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
FPP seems so much harder to do well in recently.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
I used to have the bug where aiming down sights got me a randomly flashing in square directly over the reticle, and now with the new patch it's back

I really like the new weapon and area though

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

VulgarandStupid posted:

I never said they were hacking, those are your words.

And the words of the people in the video.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Apparently you can disable the Forced Depth of Field in PUBG by changing one of the game files? I have not tried this yet myself

code:
PUBG: How to disable the forced depth of field.

Locate your engine.ini file. In my case it's here: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\TslGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor 

Open engine.ini and paste these exact 2 lines:

[/script/engine.renderersettings]  
r.DepthOfField.MaxSize=0

Save and set file to read-only
Is this cheating? 🤔

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Xenaero posted:

FPP seems so much harder to do well in recently.

Oh they added MMR lol im hosed

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Ashmole posted:

I think it's medium

That's my settings too, so I think that's something on your end.

live free or dont
Apr 13, 2012
Had 2 dinners in an hour tonight. First one was pretty uneventful with me getting only one kill, but the second one was so much fun. My friends died in the first circle and I somehow managed to get a 14 kill dinner in squads. Made a stupid video of it too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2THgIqXon4

The dudes just kept rushing me all the time.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
I don't like FPP.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I don't care about harder or more skillful, FPP just seems more intuitive and like less of a headache than TPP. If you see someone, they can see you, and you can trust in that. I find you can do quicker aiming at people in front of you, so if they're down a hallway or eclipsed by your player model you can get them in your sights real quick, where in TPP it can be a hassle.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Though one thing reddit has been yammering on about lately is the disproportionate volume of sounds of different importance in this game. Footsteps and gunshots are always incredibly important whenever you hear them so you're encouraged to crank your volume up, but stuff like the plane, rain, and your own gunshots can really strain your ears then. It sucks.

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

Black Griffon posted:

That's my settings too, so I think that's something on your end.

I'm blessed. Got tired of seeing pictures of smug people in sweater vests

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

ILL Machina posted:

I don't like FPP.

You-.... DOUBLE FUCKER

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

UP AND ADAM posted:

Though one thing reddit has been yammering on about lately is the disproportionate volume of sounds of different importance in this game. Footsteps and gunshots are always incredibly important whenever you hear them so you're encouraged to crank your volume up, but stuff like the plane, rain, and your own gunshots can really strain your ears then. It sucks.

I downloaded this thing and it works fairly well in the meantime: https://www.3appes.com/sound-lock/

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

It's really weird when you win by driving your UAZ backwards into the circle after running around an entire building complex to get back to it.

The weird thing is that 3rd place ran towards my truck which I drove, loudly from that little hill on the right and got shredded.

2nd place tried to take potshots at me from the window in the two story instead of moving because the circle closed on him and he died instantly.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

New Zealand can eat me posted:

Apparently you can disable the Forced Depth of Field in PUBG by changing one of the game files? I have not tried this yet myself

code:
PUBG: How to disable the forced depth of field.

Locate your engine.ini file. In my case it's here: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\TslGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor 

Open engine.ini and paste these exact 2 lines:

[/script/engine.renderersettings]  
r.DepthOfField.MaxSize=0

Save and set file to read-only
Is this cheating? 🤔

This seems to work well, and it's not cheating. ini files are there to be edited, that's the whole point of them. They can restrict things from being changed, and if they want to they will.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
holy gently caress i finally got fog just now it does exist, hahaha the fog sound is soooo stupid

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Doorknob Slobber posted:

holy gently caress i finally got fog just now it does exist, hahaha the fog sound is soooo stupid

I mean I like PUBG, Silent Hill Edition.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Doorknob Slobber posted:

It is absolutely divine for crossbow assassinations, however.

revolther
May 27, 2008
Fog map on a custom server with only revolvers and shotguns, plus eventual zombies, gonna be spooky as gently caress. With the wind and fly sounds it reminds me of MGS5's terrible skulls though.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Count Bleck posted:

I mean I like PUBG, Silent Hill Edition.

yeah but fog doesn't make a low hum, I get what they were going for but leaving all the other sounds exactly the same and just putting a low hum on the whole map was stupid

Premature
Dec 9, 2014

Shut your eyes, I don't want to get glitter in them.
Buglord

revolther posted:

Fog map on a custom server with only revolvers and shotguns, plus eventual zombies, gonna be spooky as gently caress. With the wind and fly sounds it reminds me of MGS5's terrible skulls though.

PUBG H1Z1 edition, the battle royale genre will come full circle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T800
Jul 2, 2009
Welp just had a full squad wipe to the red zone. We were nowhere near each other, something I was bitching about.

Did they make those explosions heat-seeking or something?

• Locked thread