Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

What about just blasting them on social media? Post some of your "evidence."

That seems to be the only way to get things done with large companies these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Vasudus posted:

I like the DC area for the most part. The weather is loving awful for me but I'm pretty much stuck here for the next 15 years or so at least so it's good I like it I guess.

Probably gonna buy a house in like uh...maybe 3-4 years. Yeah. Combined household income of 300k...probably 3-4 years maybe.

Same boat, I'm DINK 300k but will be able to afford bay area property...never.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Well poo poo. Add another victim to the blighted hellscape of NoVA, because I just pulled in today.

Watch for my Kmart Khakis and colorful lanyard.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
This is cool and good:

https://twitter.com/shadowleaguetsl/status/908721297215119360

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

When did Snoop become the word of reason. I know he works with LAPD and poo poo. Cracks me up. He's like their Dakota Meyer

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Snoop doesn't say a thing in that two minute clip except to confirm that black people can make a ton of money.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yes I watched it I didn't mean that clip specifically but he always pops up in random places with his wisdom and it's great

Also I meant to add can we not do this in this thread pls. We I don't give a gently caress about this whole kneeling thing, and this thread is gonna spiral downhill fast

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Yes I watched it I didn't mean that clip specifically but he always pops up in random places and it's great

Also I meant to add can we not do this in this thread pls

Yeah I agree on the first part. Also we're not doing any thing just thought it was a good clip.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I'm in Maryland because the DC area can go gently caress itself sideways. Would take a lot more pay to get me to live there.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

Yeah I agree on the first part. Also we're not doing any thing just thought it was a good clip.

but what if I have differing opinions 🤔

Bro I can't not argue

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

tastefully arranged labia posted:

Same boat, I'm DINK 300k but will be able to afford bay area property...never.

Lol. That's retarded. So happy We inherited Bay Area property and even happier we left.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
New phone requires new case

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

Your account's gonna get banned but you can probably get another one with a different credit card
Privacy.com is a good solution to this problem. It's painless to create and remove new card numbers that can be used X number of times or up to Y limit before they automatically get shut off. I don't know if you still need to sit on a waiting list to sign up or if they've completely opened it up, though.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

bird food bathtub posted:

I'm in Maryland because the DC area can go gently caress itself sideways. Would take a lot more pay to get me to live there.

Yep. Living in Arlington was great, but every other part of NoVA is suburban hellscape. MD costs more, but at least they actually maintain the roads and have snow removal.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

psydude posted:

Yep. Living in Arlington was great, but every other part of NoVA is suburban hellscape. MD costs more, but at least they actually maintain the roads and have snow removal.

Are you future me?

Went from MD/DC line to DC to Arlington. Probably staying in Arlington till I buy a house, likely in MD if I stay around here. Otherwise, hello Nova Scotia or Massachusetts.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Deathy McDeath posted:

Well poo poo. Add another victim to the blighted hellscape of NoVA, because I just pulled in today.

Watch for my Kmart Khakis and colorful lanyard.

move to triangle/dumfries or stafford so its like you never left the marine corps.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

psydude posted:

Training every few years satisfies my DC/NOVA itch. However I'm looking at a DC tour next.

RIP bank account.

vains
May 26, 2004

TCD posted:

Training every few years satisfies my DC/NOVA itch. However I'm looking at a DC tour next.

RIP bank account.

itch to live in the blandest place imaginable? if nova were a human it would drive a beige camry, wear white new balances, and have never given his wife an orgasm.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

vains posted:

itch to live in the blandest place imaginable? if nova were a human it would drive a beige camry, wear white new balances, and have never given his wife an orgasm.

It's a Lt Col?

vains
May 26, 2004

Stultus Maximus posted:

It's a Lt Col?

it could be a major. you dont know.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

vains posted:

But the art galleries and museums in DC are so nice...

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

LingcodKilla posted:

But the art galleries and museums in DC are so nice...

According to all my family visits to DC, there is only one musuem in DC, the National Air & Space museum.
Talk of anything else is hallucinations man.

phone chat: i beat everyone in the i dont give a gently caress department. moto g4, bought because it works on all us carriers.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

NoNostalgia4Grover posted:

phone chat: i beat everyone in the i dont give a gently caress department. moto g4, bought because it works on all us carriers.

Your phone was released in May '16. My lovely yet still trucking S4 Mini was released in July '13.

I'm essentially still using an S3.

And it still has the original battery.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I hate phones. I usually use them as long as possible before getting a new one. And I always buy them off cycle so they're cheaper.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Smartphones were a mistake

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Your phone was released in May '16. My lovely yet still trucking S4 Mini was released in July '13.

I'm essentially still using an S3.

And it still has the original battery.

Hello, Mr. President. Please forgive my posts talking poo poo about you. I love America. MAGA.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
i keep track of everything from spending to my daily schedule on my smart phone.

as far as spending i just blew all my money, but i don't know how i ever got anywhere on time before i got my first blackberry in like 2007.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

NoNostalgia4Grover posted:

According to all my family visits to DC, there is only one musuem in DC, the National Air & Space museum.
Talk of anything else is hallucinations man.

That's BS. Air and Space is good but too loving crowded and the military stuff is barely any better or quiet frankly worse than Pensacola Naval Air or Air Force Armament or Pearl Harbor.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

LingcodKilla posted:

That's BS. Air and Space is good but too loving crowded and the military stuff is barely any better or quiet frankly worse than Pensacola Naval Air or Air Force Armament or Pearl Harbor.

Ya that Naval Air Museum is loving awesome

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

LingcodKilla posted:

I like how you mention two places nowhere near DC. Useful! Anyway, this was back in the Space shuttle/SpaceCamp era, we didn't give a gently caress about the military stuff.
My dad was a mega aviation nerd, who owned planes/brokered planes/flew planes/loved planes;
and he decided which musuems to visit, not the clueless annoying kids.
Aviation & Space stuff in that era was super dope, no idea what it is like now/don't loving care what it is like now.

Mr_Ruckus
Jul 8, 2008

Just watched MS State beat LSU. Grilled some deer backstrap earlier, and have gotten some good views out of my new telescope. Sippin on some good rye whiskey. Life is pretty good, at least today.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
GGGvCanelo

This is my super bowl.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

GGGvCanelo

This is my super bowl.

Mayweather vs a single page from a Harry potter book.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

DC is expensive and can be seriously annoying if you have to commute elsewhere. That being said, there is a lot to do in and around the city- the museums are mostly free and great and fun to take visitors to, and the ones that you have to pay to get into are generally cool (I especially like the Newseum.)

One major benefit of the city is there's a lot of green space. Parks abound, and Rock Creek Park is lovely. If you have a car, drive 30-60 minutes in any direction and you'll hit good hiking or biking trails, or be that much closer to the beach.

People in DC range from being super cool and chill to the kinds of uber Type A buddy loving assholes that everyone thinks of when they think of the city. No one likes the latter, especially those people.

I've been in DC for seven years and I'm doing pretty all right with it. My ultimate destination is back to the West Coast but I'm happy enough here.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

This is the best poster I've seen.
Love the balsa wood + microfilm wings.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

LingcodKilla posted:

You know when Air and Space isn't crowded?

Thanksgiving Day. I go to the hanger in Dulles with my dad every year. It's awesome.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Ya that Naval Air Museum is loving awesome

The private Virginia Beach air museum has an impressive WW1 collection and mosquito that can still fly.

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.

Handsome Ralph posted:

You know when Air and Space isn't crowded?

Thanksgiving Day. I go to the hanger in Dulles with my dad every year. It's awesome.

I think you two are disagreeing on different air and space (mall vs. Dulles) museums.

E:. I'm a daily DC commuter from MD. I can't stand my commute. As a Fed, I could transfer anywhere. But the schools are keeping me here along with my awesome assignment. I hate this city between cherry blossom festival and labor day for both weather and crowds. Once the mindless tourists leave, then the commute gets worse.

I will say that there is no shortage of things to do on weekends like Annapolis, Alexandria, Baltimore, Gettysburg, Philly. All completely different. The restaurant scene and gentrification has really changed DC.

Evil SpongeBob fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Sep 17, 2017

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Yeah I missed out on Dulles. Apparently there is also a small arms museum in the area too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

The all blacks beat south Africa by the biggest margin in history. 57-0

• Locked thread