Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Khizan posted:

The key is on a corpse floating underneath the boat.

heh, just found it and came here to post it. thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I thought it would be on that corpse but it didnt have anything on it. Instead I used foresight to go through the window, placed my displace marker in there and ported in.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Anyone figure out how to turn off the steam in the first mission?

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Not yet. :shobon: Simple yes/no for mission 2, here: does tattooing yourself affect anything?

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Bogart posted:

Not yet. :shobon: Simple yes/no for mission 2, here: does tattooing yourself affect anything?

Yes. A little. I did it and it let me get into the Eyeless club place just by knocking on the front door. Could just waltz into the singer guys place pretty much.

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.

Casimir Radon posted:

Anyone figure out how to turn off the steam in the first mission?

A way to get more info on it in-game: Listen to rats

Vague hint: You have to get into the room first to turn it off.

Little more: So look for another way into the room.

Answer: Look up in the shower/locker room.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
If you're trying to get the contract for silent infiltration on mission three, don't turn off the electric floor in the basement. The Sentinel, apparently, is smart enough to recognize something is up and it means EVERYONE ELSE WAKES UP.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Has the performance of the base game been fixed since release? Given that it's singleplayer I feel zero urgency but I did like the first game. Never bothered with Brigmore Witches though.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Bogart posted:

If you're trying to get the contract for silent infiltration on mission three, don't turn off the electric floor in the basement. The Sentinel, apparently, is smart enough to recognize something is up and it means EVERYONE ELSE WAKES UP.

You can just kill the Sentinels and it won't wake them up or fail the objective. I did it with drop assassinations.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

I'm having trouble with the safes in the Bank Vault.

I'm not dumb, I know what the Fibonacci Sequence is. But when I put it in order into the safes, going by the labeling on the safes themselves, they're not opening.

IE. I put "011" into the first safe, I hear an audible click, but it doesn't open like the knife safe does.

Glitch? Or am I missing something?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Shumagorath posted:

Has the performance of the base game been fixed since release? Given that it's singleplayer I feel zero urgency but I did like the first game. Never bothered with Brigmore Witches though.

Yeah, quite a bit better.

Also first mission question, the industrial espionage contract, the marker is still up and I'm not getting a quest update despite smashing the bottles in the bar and stealing the recipe. Is there something I'm missing?

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Sep 17, 2017

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Bogart posted:

same with turning off the wall of light on the first floor

Snuffman posted:

I'm having trouble with the safes in the Bank Vault.

I'm not dumb, I know what the Fibonacci Sequence is. But when I put it in order into the safes, going by the labeling on the safes themselves, they're not opening.

IE. I put "011" into the first safe, I hear an audible click, but it doesn't open like the knife safe does.

Glitch? Or am I missing something?

you got to put the numbers, in order, including the one with the keys just skip over it like you put the numbers in and continue with the next set on the next one.

edit: does anyone know if playing just a 'mission' will get you a trophy that you missed during that mission?

ladron fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Sep 17, 2017

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
OK, so I'm stuck near the beginning of (I think) the final mission. How the hell do I get past the combination gate at the entrance? There seems to be nowhere else to go and no obvious place to find the combination. I'm missing something.

e: I'm dumb. There's literally just a door on the left I didn't see.

n4 posted:

There's a contract mission involving one of Duke Luca's paintings, and an art collector buys it but gets buyers remorse, and you read a letter from the seller explaining how it is an actual Duke Luca painting despite how terrible it is hahaha

Don't you see him painting it in the penultimate mission of Dishonored 2? Or at least it's on an easel in the grand palace somewhere.

ladron posted:

I am currently looking for the key to get this, is anyone knows where it is..

You don't actually need a key if you use the Foresight power...

Entropic fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Sep 17, 2017

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Entropic posted:

You don't actually need a key if you use the Foresight power...

doing new game plus you don't have that

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

ladron posted:

you got to put the numbers, in order, including the one with the keys just skip over it like you put the numbers in and continue with the next set on the next one.

Specifically:

1: 011
2: 235
3: 813
4: 213 These don't get entered because the regular lock has been replaced with the key lock.
5: 455
6: 891

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

ladron posted:

edit: does anyone know if playing just a 'mission' will get you a trophy that you missed during that mission?

In case anyone was wondering, yeah you totally can get trophies you missed just from replaying that mission, I just got my last one. Go me.
Now back to prey and hopefully it doesn't glitch my trophy this time :(

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
In case anyone didn't figure it out in Dishonored 2, the "Dreadful Wale" is an anagram of "Farewell Daud". Billie all but spells it out in one of the cut scenes.

n4
Jul 26, 2001

Poor Chu-Chu : (

Entropic posted:

Don't you see him painting it in the penultimate mission of Dishonored 2? Or at least it's on an easel in the grand palace somewhere.

Yup it's the same one. It's a self portrait

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

ladron posted:

THANK YOU.

For the record, you won't unlock any chests, unless you unlock ALL of them.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

n4 posted:

Yup it's the same one. It's a self portrait

I think the one he was painting in his mission was a dog. Pretty sure the self-portrait was in a different bit.

e:Just looked it up and holy poo poo, I didn't realise but that's the tell for the double if he's there, he paints a really good doggo instead.

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Sep 17, 2017

kim jong-illin
May 2, 2011
How do you get Angelo's body out of the club without killing everyone inside? I can't find a way in/out that isn't via the front door and the downstairs bar is impossible to sneak through with a body on your shoulder.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

kim jong-illin posted:

How do you get Angelo's body out of the club without killing everyone inside? I can't find a way in/out that isn't via the front door and the downstairs bar is impossible to sneak through with a body on your shoulder.

I just killed everyone. hth.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WPr8k67yMA&t=64s

kim jong-illin
May 2, 2011

ladron posted:

I just killed everyone. hth.

Ended up doing that.

Dunno if it's just me but stealth seems way harder in this - far fewer covert routes, lots more overlap of enemy LoS etc

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Atarask posted:

Dishonored 3 being just a cutpurse in Tyvia would be great...

I would play a low-magic, low-power Dishonored game which had the Outsider as a vague presence with whom you never interact directly because I think the world is really cool but the magic tends to overshadow it. Play up the gadgetry instead maybe if you want a sense of player-power progression. And no world-shaking plots to topple empires, just a smaller-scale story where you're a rising player in the underworld or something but no-one is expecting you to save the world/the Empire

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Zephro posted:

I would play a low-magic, low-power Dishonored game which had the Outsider as a vague presence with whom you never interact directly because I think the world is really cool but the magic tends to overshadow it. Play up the gadgetry instead maybe if you want a sense of player-power progression. And no world-shaking plots to topple empires, just a smaller-scale story where you're a rising player in the underworld or something but no-one is expecting you to save the world/the Empire

So basically another Thief game

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

ladron posted:

I am currently looking for the key to get this, is anyone knows where it is..

You could also just use Foresight to get a Displace marker into the boat.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

SunAndSpring posted:

You could also just use Foresight to get a Displace marker into the boat.

huh, why didn't I think of that and respond to the dude who suggested the same thing on this very page

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

ladron posted:

huh, why didn't I think of that and respond to the dude who suggested the same thing on this very page

I'm dumb and can't read, sorry :(

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

CharlestonJew posted:

So basically another Thief game
Yeah, pretty much

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

dont you save the world in some way in every thief game?

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Roobanguy posted:

dont you save the world in some way in every thief game?
Yeah, but both stories take awhile to get rolling and you start off doing small heists for awhile. Also, "the world" is just the City, so it feels somewhat less grandiose. I can't remember t3 that well and I skipped t4 because I'm not an idiot.

I would like it if they toned down the magic and gadgets a bit to make it so you only had one or two powers instead of this whole magical arsenal, but the series' formula still works for me even if it isn't the proper proper sequel to thief I still want.

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

Zephro posted:

Yeah, pretty much

Even better: a globetrotting adventure where you visit various locations around the world in order to steal treasures/conduct heists. Aside from Tyvia, go to Whitecliff and sneak into the local Vatican (Abbey of the Everyman headquarters), Morley (lore says there's a prominent art gallery on the island) and even Pandyssia (grab archeological treasures from local ruins or capture sought-after beasts, danger comes mostly from the wildlife).

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Zephro posted:

I would play a low-magic, low-power Dishonored game
It's true that if the Dishonored series has a fatal flaw, it's that it sells too well

mirarant
Dec 18, 2012

Post or die

kim jong-illin posted:

Ended up doing that.

Dunno if it's just me but stealth seems way harder in this - far fewer covert routes, lots more overlap of enemy LoS etc

I had this feeling too until I realized that Foresight + Displace (especially with the double marker rune) and clever Semblance use make the game very easy.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Dishonored 3 should have us play as Dr. Galvani in his never-ending quest to get his revenge on these goddamn thieves.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Snuffman posted:

THANK YOU.

For the record, you won't unlock any chests, unless you unlock ALL of them.

You do hear a very clear "click" though once you set a bunch of numbers correctly. That's when you know you can move on.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Question, I heard this game ran terribly on PC on release, is that still the case for the original or Death of the Outsider?

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

khwarezm posted:

Question, I heard this game ran terribly on PC on release, is that still the case for the original or Death of the Outsider?

This hasn't been true since the very early
days of D2's release but it's still scaring people away. Game runs fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CIGNX
May 7, 2006

You can trust me
The general consensus seems to be that DOTO runs fine on PC without widespread performance issues like D2 at launch.

I have a suspicion that the engine has been optimized even further since D2. Despite using the same settings, my frame rate doesn't drop as often in DOTO.

• Locked thread